MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So far it's a skip for me, but I'm sure there will be something else in this collection that I like.

mallory1712

Quote taken from this post. It looks like we're expecting:

Lipsticks:
Vampy purple
Fuschia
Sparkling black (!)

Lipglass:
Revenge Is Sweet

Eyeshadow quads:
Warm black

Hopefully we will get more info soon!
NOW THIS IS EXCITING ME!!! this warm black sounds awesome!
heat.gif

CartoonChic

I wonder if the sparkling black lipstick will be something like Ruffian Gold, where it can be layered over other lipsticks to add a dark glitter effect.
eyelove.gif

princess sarah

Sparkling Black!!!!!! Vampy Purple and a Fuschia!!

*faints*

Yep loving the sounds of those, to add some variety in my stash.

Quote taken from this post. It looks like we're expecting:

Lipsticks:
Vampy purple
Fuschia
Sparkling black (!)

Lipglass:
Revenge Is Sweet

Eyeshadow quads:
Warm black

Hopefully we will get more info soon!

MACina

iagree.gif
....these were/are all super pretty collections!!!!

I was thinking back on it and these have been big hits for me for the last few years. I really liked Love Lace/ Warm & Cozy, then the Champale/ Stylishly Yours (some of my favourite pigments!) and of course Naturally/ Iris Apfel. So the Muscle Lady/ Tuxedo collections totally have my attention. I also love the fact that Mac does these at a time when other companies are just relaxing between holiday collections and their Spring launches. It's like a little pick-me-up to get you through the darkest days of winter.

liba

I wonder if the sparkling black lipstick will be something like Ruffian Gold, where it can be layered over other lipsticks to add a dark glitter effect.
eyelove.gif
It did NOT look sheer from the face charts I saw - it was BLAQUE. You could maybe blot it into a stain - also somewhere in the buzz thread a few weeks ago, someone posted a backstage runway photo with an MA holding the tube in her hand - it had the name of it too...I remember because it looked yummy.

pleasantmacabre

It's not a "little" pick-me-up - these two collections are huge - each has 2 quads, 4-5 lipsticks, 4-5 glosses, blushes, nail polish, the new PLW eye pencils - together we're talking as much stuff as in that huge Spring Forecast collection.

It did NOT look sheer from the face charts I saw - it was BLAQUE. You could maybe blot it into a stain - also somewhere in the buzz thread a few weeks ago, someone posted a backstage runway photo with an MA holding the tube in her hand - it had the name of it too...I remember because it looked yummy.
if someone can find those face charts and backstage photos and link them here that'd be GREAT :D

sss215

the return of Revenge is Sweet! I am all for that, plus a backup. One of my favorite LE lip glasses, glad it's back!

EOTD-Fanny

This collection sounds amazing! I´m looking forward to it. (I hope it will come to Sweden, the Iris Apfel collection didn´t).

singer82

This sounds like a goth girls dream hehe. MAC isnt playin lately my goodness. Warm black?? Sounds intriguing.

kaity123

I was talking to my favorite manager at MAC & this collection is titled "Strength". She seemed pretty excited about this collection and the others to come.

katred

Specktra Bestie
It's not a "little" pick-me-up - these two collections are huge - each has 2 quads, 4-5 lipsticks, 4-5 glosses, blushes, nail polish, the new PLW eye pencils - together we're talking as much stuff as in that huge Spring Forecast collection.

Good point- it's like they've expanded these collections greatly this year. It seems like a smart move, since it clearly allows them to get the jump on all the big prestige Spring releases, which generally don't come out until later in January/ early February. (Although, if memory serves, Guerlain had theirs out before Christmas last year, which is ridiculous if you ask me.)

Since I'm not super-excited by the Archie's girls collection, I'm planning on funnelling all my resources into this one and the tuxedo one.

Latest posts