MAC Studio Collection (December 2012)

KathyHC14

I already have two skin correctors (Light Peach and Blonde Ash), so I have to think about these. I might run out of concealer by the time these come out though.

Can you please tell us how you like them? Including your skin color?

Now that they are on the regular Mac site I was considering trying them out.. maybe the orange for my terrible under eyes? I am around an NC30-35 though, so I am not sure which colors would be appropriate for me, as some seem to be too dark or for example the Light peach which looks too light? Any help? :(

MRV

Can you please tell us how you like them? Including your skin color?
Now that they are on the regular Mac site I was considering trying them out.. maybe the orange for my terrible under eyes? I am around an NC30-35 though, so I am not sure which colors would be appropriate for me, as some seem to be too dark or for example the Light peach which looks too light? Any help? :(
I think I have some kind of on-off relationship with Light Peach. Sometimes I use it a lot, sometimes weeks go by without it. The consistency of skin correctors is different to concealers. It is kind of waxy (but not really) sticky. I find it covers my under eyes better than a regular concealer but I also find that it creases sometimes. I have also used both, LP and a concealer together. You just have to find a right combo with other products (powders included). I think LP might be the right shade for you too (I'm NC20) because the others seem so dark (or then you can mix with a darker one). I was remommended this shade by Mac chat (I had to order it). Inspite of our on-off relationship, I have used up one LP and got another one this summer. (Note! it is in PAN only.)

Blonde Ash is a green corrector. I have seen others say that is more or less useless. I don't use it that much, but it's ok around nose.

princess sarah

These are being released in Australia in January, so im guessing USA will get them before us... we are always a couple of weeks behind you all.

Does anyone know what concealer is going in these? I am definitely getting these for my kit just curious on coverage

Mac-Guy

Me, without question. I've been asking about this one every time I'm in Pro for months. They never seem to know what I'm talking about. Do we have a launch date, and are they perm?
My best guess is that these new palettes probably come out in December or January.

KMQE716

Hey yall!!

so today i was looking at the display book at my local Nordstrom counter, and this collection was posted in there, and it is scheduled to come on January 3rd, 2013! just wanted to share!!

Edit: the promo pic is a lady with really light blonde brows and someone holding the concealer palette and the promotion (which i forgot the name that fast) has something with "Conceal" in it lol :)

erine1881

They're MSO $40 each Light-SFC NC15, W10, NC20, NW20, pale yellow, pale pink Medium-NC30, NW25, NC35, NW35, mid-yellow, mid-peach Medium Deep-NC40, NW40, NC42, NW43, rich yellow, burnt coral Dark-NC45, NW45, NC50, NW55, ochre, pure orange These will launch with the colour extention of SF and SFF.

erine1881

Yes, they're perm. And the SF and SFF shade extension is perm and at all locations. The concealer palettes are the only thing that's MSO.

princess sarah

yah!!! This is what I have been waiting on for my kit!

Definately going to be grabbing the light and medium of these and some of the new colours of the foundation extension.

Good to see you back erine
These will launch with the colour extention of SF and SFF.

MACina

Thank you very much!!!

I want the Light Palette
heart.gif

Audrey C

Hm...I think I'm between colour palettes.

I'm NC20-25 and use Mineralize NW25 under my eyes (where I'm darker) and use NARS Honey concealer on other places. I think Medium will be too dark but Light might be too light. Any suggestions/thoughts? I'm definitely on the warm side with yellow undertones.

Mac-Guy

Hm...I think I'm between colour palettes.

I'm NC20-25 and use Mineralize NW25 under my eyes (where I'm darker) and use NARS Honey concealer on other places. I think Medium will be too dark but Light might be too light. Any suggestions/thoughts? I'm definitely on the warm side with yellow undertones.
I'm afraid that given the color choices, a lot of people are stuck in between two palettes.

Audrey C

I'm afraid that given the color choices, a lot of people are stuck in between two palettes.
I think you're right. I was planning on getting one of these but I think I'm going to give it a pass. I'm not going to buy two and have to blend shades. Too bad - I like the concept.

Latest posts