WOC: Holiday/Glamourdaze

kimbunney

I'll get the 5 lipsticks. After seeing some swatches I really think the whole collection is pretty. I'll skip all the rest in fact.
Are you NC40 or darker? I would love to know how Beauty looks on a WOC.

I think I finally made up my mind. I think. If the collection goes up Sunday/Monday I'll order OF l/s and Talk Soflty to Me l/g online. Then I'll go try on the blushes in person to see which ones I really want. That's it, it's a pretty collection just beautiful, but if I don't buy a lot I don't feel like I'm missing out this time.

shontay07108

do you already have wog?  that's the one thing that really has me on the fence, but i did skip it last time so.....
Nope. I ordered it the first time around, but had to return it b/c it had an ingredient I'm allergic to. It wasn't all that anyway.

aradhana

Nope. I ordered it the first time around, but had to return it b/c it had an ingredient I'm allergic to. It wasn't all that anyway.
lol...

i can't recall why i passed on it. i picked up superb and glorify though. i like em, but i haven't touched them for ages. i'm thinking about passing....just waiting till the black/grey lipsticks start coming out....

kimbunney

I'm allegric to the EDES as well. I don't know what ingredient I'm allegric to in it I wish I did because it makes my eye super itchy and it leaves a bruise as well. I wanted to try the EDSF but if the shadow makes me itchy then so could the face stuff.

sss215

I'm allegric to the EDES as well. I don't know what ingredient I'm allegric to in it I wish I did because it makes my eye super itchy and it leaves a bruise as well. I wanted to try the EDSF but if  the shadow makes me itchy then so could the face stuff.
Was it the color? Sometimes i get a bad reaction to Mac' s special formula shadows; copper, brown, orange, and red- from prolong wear and peacocky I skipped the Coil ELectric Cool Shadow because of it.

kimbunney

I don't think so but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure its just what's in the product. I had the dark purple one and Blue Orbit. My eye has never itched like that I even went to the eye doctor to figure out what was going on and I narrowed it down to those products. My wallet is thankful but it sucks because some of them are so pretty. I haven't had an issue with MES, Mega Metals or Prolong wear so far.
Was it the color? Sometimes i get a bad reaction to Mac' s special formula shadows; copper, brown, orange, and red- from prolong wear and peacocky I skipped the Coil EDES because of it.

shontay07108

I know I'm allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride. It's in these WOG and in Mac's mineralized shadows and other mineralized products. Is that even in the EDES shadows? I own two and I've tested them with no problems. Usually, if I wear something with BO it only takes 10 minutes for my skin to react. I certainly hope they don't contain that ingredient because I have 3 of them. Time to do a google search.

sss215

I know I'm allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride. It's in these WOG and in Mac's mineralized shadows and other mineralized products. Is that even in the EDES shadows? I own two and I've tested them with no problems. Usually, if I wear something with BO it only takes 10 minutes for my skin to react. I certainly hope they don't contain that ingredient because I have 3 of them. Time to do a google search.
Bismuth Oxychloride is in the one EDES I have, Grand Galaxy. So i assume yes. Since I was interested, I checked out other non mineralize MAC products and its also listed as an ingredient those. The colors I randomly checked, Club, Love Lace, Deep Blue Green, Later , Emerald Dusk, Nubile Paint Pot, Sparkle Neely Sparkle, One to Watch BO seems like a very common ingredient, it's in blushes too, both MAC, MUFE, and NARS I'm finding.

shontay07108

Bismuth Oxychloride is in the one EDES I have, Grand Galaxy. So i assume yes. Since I was interested, I checked out other non mineralize MAC products and its also listed as an ingredient those. The colors I randomly checked, Club, Love Lace, Deep Blue Green, Later , Emerald Dusk, Nubile Paint Pot, Sparkle Neely Sparkle, One to Watch BO seems like a very common ingredient, it's in blushes too, both MAC, MUFE, and NARS I'm finding.
That's crazy. I have all of the shadows you listed and I've used them a million times without problems. I've definitely never had problems with MUFE or Nars. I know I can't use Bare Esentuals AT ALL or Becca and the new Dior foundation that all have BO in them. Maybe it's the amount of BO used. I need to compare ingredients across products and see.

sss215

That's crazy. I have all of the shadows you listed and I've used them a million times without problems. I've definitely never had problems with MUFE or Nars. I know I can't use Bare Esentuals AT ALL or Becca and the new Dior foundation that all have BO in them. Maybe it's the amount of BO used. I need to compare ingredients across products and see.
BO shows up about midway on the ingredients list for all the products I mentioned. I picked out some mineralize products and it appears midway on the list for those as well.

shontay07108

Interesting. Now I wish I had the boxes for those items still. I just looked up the ingredients for some specific MUFE products I have and it doesn't show there. In my experience, BO is usually listed last. Now I'm grossed out, but if it hasn't affected me before, I don't expect it to do so now. I'm going to look at products I've tried and know I have problems with to see if there are other common ingredients. This sounds like so much work. :eek:hboy:

sss215

Interesting. Now I wish I had the boxes for those items still. I just looked up the ingredients for some specific MUFE products I have and it doesn't show there. In my experience, BO is usually listed last. Now I'm grossed out, but if it hasn't affected me before, I don't expect it to do so now. I'm going to look at products I've tried and know I have problems with to see if there are other common ingredients. This sounds like so much work. :eek:hboy:
Maybe it's BO combined with other minerals in a BO item as opposed to BO in a non mineral product. I actually just found out today how common BO is. Never knew it was a problem for some. Aside from MAC i don't follow mineralize products. I just have issues with eye products and certain colors.

caribprincess

Interesting. Now I wish I had the boxes for those items still. I just looked up the ingredients for some specific MUFE products I have and it doesn't show there. In my experience, BO is usually listed last. Now I'm grossed out, but if it hasn't affected me before, I don't expect it to do so now. I'm going to look at products I've tried and know I have problems with to see if there are other common ingredients. This sounds like so much work.
ohboy.gif

Funny thing with me is that the "hoarder" in me keeps all my makeup boxes, why i don't know

sss215

Funny thing with me is that the "hoarder" in me keeps all my makeup boxes, why i don't know
I hoard boxes too. I like going back and checking out the ingredients, and the evolution of the packaging. I have a nice amount of packaging, not too bad. I toss the box when I have emptied the product. Mostly lip products.

Medgal07

My total order split between MAC & Nordstrom (pre-ordered)

Hanging Travel Bag
Leopard

Eye Kohl:
Raven – intense black with red pearl

Fluidline:
Feminine Edge

Eye Kit:
Neutral Eyes

Pigment:
Green Set

Lip Bag:
Divine Desire

Lipstick:
Dramatic Encounter
Galmourdaze
Innocence
Outrageously Fun

Lipglass:
Flight of Fancy

Face Kit
Gorgeous Bronze

Blush:
Small Vanity (dusty rose tan)

Nail Lacquer:
Endless Night
In the Limelight

Brush Set:
Mineralize

Making Pretty Brush Set
282 All Over Eye Shader/136 Face Powder Brush

I expect to look into the 'Mystery Powder' and I think that should be it!!!! - My wallet needs a holiday!!
mac_atemywallet.gif

Tanjola

My total order split between MAC & Nordstrom (pre-ordered)

Hanging Travel Bag
Leopard

Eye Kohl:
Raven – intense black with red pearl

Fluidline:
Feminine Edge

Eye Kit:
Neutral Eyes

Pigment:
Green Set

Lip Bag:
Divine Desire

Lipstick:
Dramatic Encounter
Galmourdaze
Innocence
Outrageously Fun

Lipglass:
Flight of Fancy

Face Kit
Gorgeous Bronze

Blush:
Small Vanity (dusty rose tan)

Nail Lacquer:
Endless Night
In the Limelight

Brush Set:
Mineralize

Making Pretty Brush Set
282 All Over Eye Shader/136 Face Powder Brush

I expect to look into the 'Mystery Powder' and I think that should be it!!!! - My wallet needs a holiday!!
mac_atemywallet.gif
Please let me know your thoughts on the Face Kit. I was considering it when I placed my pre-order at Macy's today but was in a hurry and forgot to look at it. I'm headed out of town on business and won't get to play around with the collection til Saturday. I ordered:

Small vanity
Stolen moment
glamourdaze
WOG

BrownEy3d

Small Vanity is such a lovely color. Not a super deep color on darker skintones, but a very lovely rose-tan pink that would a very soft, sweet look.

Latest posts