WOC: Holiday/Glamourdaze

kimbunney

What are we getting ladies? Or you totally skipping?

After seeing some comparison swatches I'm trying to get the strength to skip. In CartoonChic picture OF looks really close to Up the Amp, Innocence looks close to Cut-a-caper, Glamourdaze looks similar to One of a Kind. Someone tell me I can skip them all!!

I still think I want all three blushes and now two lipglasses. If any WOC went to the event can you tell me how the blushes swatched?

Fiberluver

I picked up 3 things from this collex:

Whisper of Guilt, Feminine Edge liner and raven e/l.

This collex is huge! and very pretty!

I decided to limit my purchases to items that were unique because so many shades resemble ones I already own.

MissTT

How are the EDSFs to be used? Are these highlighters? I've put in a pre-order for both of them plus A Natural Flirt, Stolen Moment, and Stylishly Merry EDES so far. There are so many flipping collections right now it's incredibly confusing.

pinkcrush

I pre-saled O F l/s @ NORDSTROMS ... It does remind me of U T A but brighter n more pink... Swatch on urself b4 u decide on passing as it is abdolutely gorgeous on brown skin... I only found one blush 2b WOC friendly n it was a soft pink, I forget the name lol n now u have me wondering y I didnt pre-sale purchase it lmao :/

kimbunney

How are the EDSFs to be used? Are these highlighters? I've put in a pre-order for both of them plus A Natural Flirt, Stolen Moment, and Stylishly Merry EDES so far. There are so many flipping collections right now it's incredibly confusing.
Highlighters and Eyeshadows I would assume, most use as highlighters but I'm pretty sure they can be eye friendly. When the first set of EDSF came out in April the guy that helped me used the darkest one as an eyeshadow on me, Glorify. I think Superb can also be used as an shadow because someone said it was similiar to "all that glitters".

CartoonChic

This is what I got. I wanted Glamourdaze, but Beauty was put into my bag instead. It was really hectic. I've posted swatches in the main thread, but I can repost here if anyone wants me to.

Lipstick

• Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS)
  • Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet (CS)
  • Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)

Lipglass

• Flight of Fancy - rich purple

Extra Dimension Skinfinish

• Superb BU
  • Whisper of Gilt

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

• Divine Blue - midtone aqua
  • Stylish Merry - midtone dusty violet
  • Ready to Party - pale lilac

• Stolen Moment - dark taupe
  • Tall Dark and Handsome - black with pearl
  • Evening Grey - steel silver
  • A Natural Flirt - soft peachy nude

Fluidline

• Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl
  • Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl
  • Little Black Bow - charcoal with dazzle pearl

Bag

• Hanging Travel Bag

CartoonChic

I pre-saled O F l/s @ NORDSTROMS ... It does remind me of U T A but brighter n more pink... Swatch on urself b4 u decide on passing as it is abdolutely gorgeous on brown skin... I only found one blush 2b WOC friendly n it was a soft pink, I forget the name lol n now u have me wondering y I didnt pre-sale purchase it lmao :/
I will be no help to you kimbunny! Outrageously Fun is definitely pink while Up The Amp is clearly purple. They're just the same tone. Outrageously Fun is a beautiful pink-purple color and worth getting in my opinion. None of my other pinks or purples come close to it except my Chanel Extatique. I didn't swatch any of the blushes.

CartoonChic

I agree with kimbunny. I'm using the EDSFs as highlighters, but I know they can also be used as eye shadow. I wouldn't use them as an all over face powder because their sheen is too strong and metallic looking, but it's beautiful as a highlight.

Yazmin

I knew this would be my biggest haul to date, but DAMN! - it hurt!
Fluidline
  • Feminine Edge
  • Catch My Eye -
  • Little Black Bow

Bag

• Hanging Travel Bag
I also got Divine Desires in Paramour Pink, Fabulousness Smoky Eyes, and the mineralize SE brush set. One of the MA's (not my regular MA - she's on a mini vacay) tried to entice me with the crushed pigments, but it didn't work.

CartoonChic

I knew this would be my biggest haul to date, but DAMN! - it hurt!

I also got Divine Desires in Paramour Pink, Fabulousness Smoky Eyes, and the mineralize SE brush set. One of the MA's (not my regular MA - she's on a mini vacay) tried to entice me with the crushed pigments, but it didn't work.
Lol, I know! I was hurting at the register. It was painful. The sad thing is I'm thinking about that face kit for the clutch. I really like the texture of the material.What do you think about the brush set?

CartoonChic

Do you guys think glamourdaze lipstick is a good nude for us woc??
I wouldn't describe Glamourdaze as a nude. It's more of a soft mauve/plum color. I think it's a pretty shade and will look great on WOC. I'm bummed that I was given Beauty by mistake.

luvlydee

I wouldn't describe Glamourdaze as a nude. It's more of a soft mauve/plum color. I think it's a pretty shade and will look great on WOC. I'm bummed that I was given Beauty by mistake.
Thank you. That sucks that they make mistake like that. I would be pissed. I wish i saw more swatches on darker skin tones to determine which items i need

Dominique33

What are we getting ladies? Or you totally skipping?

After seeing some comparison swatches I'm trying to get the strength to skip. In CartoonChic picture OF looks really close to Up the Amp, Innocence looks close to Cut-a-caper, Glamourdaze looks similar to One of a Kind. Someone tell me I can skip them all!!

I still think I want all three blushes and now two lipglasses. If any WOC went to the event can you tell me how the blushes swatched?
I'll get the 5 lipsticks. After seeing some swatches I really think the whole collection is pretty. I'll skip all the rest in fact.

CartoonChic

Thank you. That sucks that they make mistake like that. I would be pissed. I wish i saw more swatches on darker skin tones to determine which items i need
Nah, I can't be mad about it. It was very crowded and hectic with a lot of stuff happening at once. I was purchasing a lot of items, so I can understand the mistake. I'll just pick one up when it launches. I'll see if anyone wants Beauty or the extra Stolen Moment I was given before I return them.

MissTT

^^^^ Why did we call this dance the "cabbage patch"?
hmm.gif
lol.gif

sss215

I can't wait to see this in stores. I would like to get one of the EDES. I like the formula.

Yazmin

Lol, I know! I was hurting at the register. It was painful. The sad thing is I'm thinking about that face kit for the clutch. I really like the texture of the material.What do you think about the brush set?
I haven't used the set yet, but I like what I see. I mainly got it for the 130SE and the 282SE is supposed to be great for concealer, so I can't wait to try it out.

Latest posts