MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj 2013

tats

I don't hate Saint Germain but it is difficult to wear indeed, and I'm not sure that the colour works for my complexion.. maybe one day I'll b2m it, but for now I will see if I can make it work..))

BuickMackane

i thought St. Germain was one cool lippie until i tried it at a MAC counter.

no bueno. it's hell in a lipstick tube.

kimibos

St. Germain looked like Pepto on my lips. I usually can carry off any color lippie, but not that one. I actually threw it out. I didn't know about the B2M otherwise I would have held onto it until I returned my other lippies. This was about two years ago I believe.
i scrapped the lipstick out, put it in the trash and i backed 2 mac the case. it looked awful on me.

mrsdee

i thought St. Germain was one cool lippie until i tried it at a MAC counter.

no bueno. it's hell in a lipstick tube.

hahahaha!!!!! too funny.
My husband hates Saint Germain on me. LOL

funny thing is I love my Viva Glam Nicki. It's the only lipstick I own that I have a back up for. It's my go to bright Pink. I get so many compliments when I wear it and I have inspired a few of my friends to purchase it. (keep in mind these are not ladies that wear lipstick on a regular basis, so that's an achievement) lol

oh and does anyone love glitter as much as me. Nicki wears glitter on the eyes a lot, I take a lot of inspiration from her looks.

So I am eagerly awaiting the release of Viva Glam Nicki II, I just cannot wait.

BuickMackane

i scrapped the lipstick out, put it in the trash and i backed 2 mac the case. it looked awful on me.
Gah! I don't think we have B2M here.

Did you consider mixing a bit of dark pink or red pigment with the stuff you scraped out and put the result in a sample jar or something? Perhaps you'd end up with something wearable. Or nice, even. Let's face it, it's not like it can get any worse
lol.gif

BuickMackane

hahahaha!!!!! too funny.

funny thing is I love my Viva Glam Nicki. It's the only lipstick I own that I have a back up for. It's my go to bright Pink. I get so many compliments when I wear it and I have inspired a few of my friends to purchase it. (keep in mind these are not ladies that wear lipstick on a regular basis, so that's an achievement) lol

oh and does anyone love glitter as much as me. Nicki wears glitter on the eyes a lot, I take a lot of inspiration from her looks.

I have VG Nicki too and I like it a lot even though I'm aware it isn't the best colour on me. As long as I don't scare off animals and small children with my lipstick of choice I will happily rock it
bigstar.gif

re: glitter - yes! I used to wear glittery eye looks a lot more, but I've toned it down a bit since I got into bright, bold lips (I used to be a clear gloss girl back then). The GD fluidlines are as glittery as I go these days.

kimibos

Gah! I don't think we have B2M here.

Did you consider mixing a bit of dark pink or red pigment with the stuff you scraped out and put the result in a sample jar or something? Perhaps you'd end up with something wearable. Or nice, even. Let's face it, it's not like it can get any worse
lol.gif
i did some mixing but i just didnt like all the combinations. the mother color was saint germain, so i hated all the offsprings hahahaahah

Corally

i scrapped the lipstick out, put it in the trash  and i backed 2 mac the case. it looked awful on me. 
Gah! I don't think we have B2M here. Did you consider mixing a bit of dark pink or red pigment with the stuff you scraped out and put the result in a sample jar or something? Perhaps you'd end up with something wearable. Or nice, even. Let's face it, it's not like it can get any worse :lol:
We don't have B2M.:(

kimibos

hahahaha!!!!! too funny.

i like vg nicki. its perfect for the spring. i like it more than the gaga ones.

mrsdee

I have VG Nicki too and I like it a lot even though I'm aware it isn't the best colour on me. As long as I don't scare off animals and small children with my lipstick of choice I will happily rock it
bigstar.gif

re: glitter - yes! I used to wear glittery eye looks a lot more, but I've toned it down a bit since I got into bright, bold lips (I used to be a clear gloss girl back then). The GD fluidlines are as glittery as I go these days.
I felt that way when I would wear "reel sexy" gosh I just couldn't make that color work...so orange on me in a badddd way. It looked yucky. It was just horribly bright on me. I really thought I could pull it off, but there was just no way. I tried and tried then gave up and traded a friend for her VG Nicki. LOOLLLL

Well that's the amazing thing about Nicki, have you seen her wear glitter on eyes + bright lips? She ROCKS it! So I am inspired to recreate just maybe not in the exact colors but along those lines.

BuickMackane

I felt that way when I would wear "reel sexy" gosh I just couldn't make that color work...so orange on me in a badddd way. It looked yucky. It was just horribly bright on me. I really thought I could pull it off, but there was just no way. I tried and tried then gave up and traded a friend for her VG Nicki. LOOLLLL

Well that's the amazing thing about Nicki, have you seen her wear glitter on eyes + bright lips? She ROCKS it! So I am inspired to recreate just maybe not in the exact colors but along those lines.

Yay! Don't forget to post pics :)

She does indeed pull off the look. Is that VG Nicki she's wearing in the second pic? It looks great on her!

re: Reel Sexy - I made sure I stayed well away from that one. Probably one of my wiser decisions as regards makeup. Hehe.

BuickMackane

i did some mixing but i just didnt like all the combinations. the mother color was saint germain, so i hated all the offsprings hahahaahah
LOL.

The offspring didn't really have a chance, did they?

I bought Vanity Fair Kissable Lipcolour because I really liked the idea of St. Germain and thought VF would be a more wearable alternative because it's a tad darker. Might as well not have bothered because it's a streaky uneven mess (I haven't tried it with P&P Lip though). My search for a flattering bubblegum pink lippie (if there ever is such a thing) continues...

kimibos

LOL.

The offspring didn't really have a chance, did they?

I bought Vanity Fair Kissable Lipcolour because I really liked the idea of St. Germain and thought VF would be a more wearable alternative because it's a tad darker. Might as well not have bothered because it's a streaky uneven mess (I haven't tried it with P&P Lip though). My search for a flattering bubblegum pink lippie (if there ever is such a thing) continues...
hahah no they didnt. i tried one from wet and wild but no luck. i hate how girls in youtube love it and recommend it. are they blind?. that thing doesnt look good on every skin tone!!
getyou.gif

mrsdee

Yay! Don't forget to post pics :)

She does indeed pull off the look. Is that VG Nicki she's wearing in the second pic? It looks great on her!

re: Reel Sexy - I made sure I stayed well away from that one. Probably one of my wiser decisions as regards makeup. Hehe.
Will do! I am ordering my Lit Cosmetics Clearly Liquid Glitter Base this week and want to try it with these looks. Hopefully it holds the glitter better than mac mixing medium.

I am pretty sure its VG Nicki she is wearing and it looks awesome on her.

hehe. yeah I don't know what i was thinking. I seen on swatched and on temptalia's Christine it looked weird on her too. its just too orange/peach for me.

kimibos

mrsdee have you tried the too face glitter base? i dont have it but some people here like it.

badassSENORiTA

It's just THAT bright.
I have Saint Germain myself and actually love it! I get compliments all the time when I wear it :] but yea I won't lie in the beginning wearing it in the beginning took me time to get used to it. I'm really excited for this lipstick, I don't wear her 1st one that much but I'm considering getting a back up...maybe not it's really pretty when I pair it with my tan pigment.

MACina

I am interested in this one too.
Please let us know how you like it!
Will do! I am ordering my Lit Cosmetics Clearly Liquid Glitter Base this week and want to try it with these looks. Hopefully it holds the glitter better than mac mixing medium.

I am pretty sure its VG Nicki she is wearing and it looks awesome on her.

hehe. yeah I don't know what i was thinking. I seen on swatched and on temptalia's Christine it looked weird on her too. its just too orange/peach for me.

Michelemu21

I have Saint Germain myself and actually love it! I get compliments all the time when I wear it :] but yea I won't lie in the beginning wearing it in the beginning took me time to get used to it. I'm really excited for this lipstick, I don't wear her 1st one that much but I'm considering getting a back up...maybe not it's really pretty when I pair it with my tan pigment.
I like st germain too but it is fussy. I blot it down like crazy. I am going to get tan pigment next month. Sounds like a good combo. I need to wear nicki.

Latest posts