Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hello beautiful ladies! I haven't been on here in SO LONG! I am so in love with so much from this collection but Neiman Marcus Canada restricted Chanel and now I feel like my life is over!
cry.gif
Yes, they seem to have really cracked down on us. Burberry is restricted too... I hadn't actually ordered Chanel products from the US, because I didn't want to get addicted. Having the inferior baked formula up here has probably saved me money on quads. (Although we have the nice formula on the duos, which I'll never understand.) I thought I had heard somewhere that they were going to be switching everyone to one formula (hopefully to the US formula), but perhaps that was just a rumour.

Rads

Yes, they seem to have really cracked down on us. Burberry is restricted too... I hadn't actually ordered Chanel products from the US, because I didn't want to get addicted. Having the inferior baked formula up here has probably saved me money on quads. (Although we have the nice formula on the duos, which I'll never understand.) I thought I had heard somewhere that they were going to be switching everyone to one formula (hopefully to the US formula), but perhaps that was just a rumour.
That better be the US formula..definitely not those round baked horrors!!!!

Shadowy Lady

alright this collection is looking like a pass to me now (except maybe the highlighter) especially after seeing Nars spring pictures. I don't have unlimited disposable income anymore and gotta pick and chose. And in this case I think Nars wins the battle and my wallet lol!

Shypo

What is the freaking deal with Canada? Did you guys p*ss someone off?
girlhaha.gif
That's terrible.......

I agree about the lip combos - the one Elegant likes is definitely at least 2 colors - and yeah, it's photo shopped.
punk_.gif

Anneri

I got my highlighter today! I haven't swatched it yet (have to steel myself before disturbing that pretty pattern!), but it looks absolutely gorgeous. Similar to mac's Too Chic bp maybe? I also went to my store to return a perfume the bf got me (no darling, even though I like to wear mens scents from time to time I don't wear Cologne!) and somehow (don't know how that happened, really!) I ended up with Frivole and Merveille. Happy but broke now.

MACina

Me too
yahoo.gif

And I have not touched it yet either....it loooooooooooooks soooooooooooo pretty
love.gif

I also went to my store to return a perfume the bf got me (no darling, even though I like to wear mens scents from time to time I don't wear Cologne!) and somehow (don't know how that happened, really!) I ended up with Frivole and Merveille. Happy but broke now.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Does the cost change between countries? In India, it works out about the same if you convert...
In theory, it should be, but the Canadian price is usually much higher. Our import taxes are a bit higher, but on a product as relatively inexpensive as cosmetics (compared to, say, a car or a stove), it doesn't make all that much difference. The real problem is that, for years, our currency was worth far less than the US dollar, so we got used to seeing prices that were a lot higher. In the last decade, though, our currency has greatly increased in value- it's been at par or above the US dollar for about five years and there's no indication that that will change. So retailers/ manufacturers were forced to reduce the gap a little, but it's still far greater than it should be for most brands. Guerlain is the only major brand that holds their pricing close- everyone else gouges to some extent, although there are certain companies (Armani and YSL) who are really outrageous about it.

So, if they sell the products in Canada, they're making a lot more money per unit than in the US and they don't want to jeopardise that. The stupid thing with Burberry is that they're only available in two stores in the whole giant country. You can buy from their web site, but that doesn't help if you want to swatch products, plus they charge a lot for shipping.

Rads

Lol. Reminds me of a great quote from Cindy Crawford: "Women shouldn't be trying to look like me. I don't look like me." And she was working before the age of easy photo retouching.

You'd think someone would have taken pity on us after we agreed to take the whole frozen bit at the top of North America...

There may be an issue with importing some of the ingredients (hence the difference in formulas), but I suspect that it's to do with pricing.

In theory, it should be, but the Canadian price is usually much higher. Our import taxes are a bit higher, but on a product as relatively inexpensive as cosmetics (compared to, say, a car or a stove), it doesn't make all that much difference. The real problem is that, for years, our currency was worth far less than the US dollar, so we got used to seeing prices that were a lot higher. In the last decade, though, our currency has greatly increased in value- it's been at par or above the US dollar for about five years and there's no indication that that will change. So retailers/ manufacturers were forced to reduce the gap a little, but it's still far greater than it should be for most brands. Guerlain is the only major brand that holds their pricing close- everyone else gouges to some extent, although there are certain companies (Armani and YSL) who are really outrageous about it.

So, if they sell the products in Canada, they're making a lot more money per unit than in the US and they don't want to jeopardise that. The stupid thing with Burberry is that they're only available in two stores in the whole giant country. You can buy from their web site, but that doesn't help if you want to swatch products, plus they charge a lot for shipping.
Oh..thanks for the explanation!

Rads

I'm wondering if these are pics of the Asia collection with the floral eye shadow compact and the white highlighter blush?
Oh..I just assumed the promo was for the Spring collection..didn't think it would be for the Asia-exclusive collection,,

Shypo

I really do not WANT to touch mine.....not sure if I will.......I'm with Naynadine - I want one to look at and one to use!!
thmbup.gif

I just received Rubellite - oh, it's gorgeous!!

That's such a crock about the pricing with Canada....yeah, some companies are just unbelievable.
holysheep.gif
And that's something about Burberry! I guess business must be good enough they don't have to change their practices.

Spanky

Me three. :haha: It looks so beautiful, I want one to use and one just to look at. :p
I want to play...me 4! This is my first non lippie Chanel purchase, am I forever doomed now? Can anyone tell me whether or not this is similar to NARS Albatross? If you could explain the differences, I'd be thrilled! Thank you in advance.

Latest posts