Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

Neicy

I realize that fashion collections are released prior to the season. I still think there should be some adjustment to when makeup is released. Maybe just a delay of a month or two.

Not really , the makeup matches the clothes and in time for cruise season, many people go away and are not in cold climates.

A real fashion house follows these rules. I love getting my stuff early. LOL. I can never ever wait. This is probally sick, but I have had holiday for a while and I am ready for spring stuff. LOL.
Already bought a Spring bag! ;)

Neicy

I do understand what you mean though. Chanel is releasing more small capsule collections at rapid speed. I do like that.

Also look at the mall, Christmas stuff is out. I swear they are going to out it out on Labour day soon!

CartoonChic

I do understand what you mean though. Chanel is releasing more small capsule collections at rapid speed. I do like that.

Also look at the mall, Christmas stuff is out. I swear they are going to out it out on Labour day soon!
I agree. It just turned November and we haven't celebrated Thanksgiving yet! But I do also see your point. I'm just worried that Chanel will try to pull a MAC. I haven't been purchasing from Chanel very long, but I enjoy how the higher end brands appear to launch collections at a much less frantic pace than MAC. It gives me time to actually enjoy and use what I've just purchased.

Neicy

I agree. It just turned November and we haven't celebrated Thanksgiving yet! But I do also see your point. I'm just worried that Chanel will try to pull a MAC. I haven't been purchasing from Chanel very long, but I enjoy how the higher end brands appear to launch collections at a much less frantic pace than MAC. It gives me time to actually enjoy and use what I've just purchased.

They are getting a bit Mac like, Peter Phillips wants to do more small collections between the 4 that are the norm, so yes there will be a lot more collections that years past. Not every week like mac, but maybe every 2 months'..ect.

They have kept them exclusive for the past 3 years, now I think we will see more of them . Like the Byzance palette, that was only sold in Boutiques.

Ladychris11

They are getting a bit Mac like, Peter Phillips wants to do more small collections between the 4 that are the norm, so yes there will be a lot more collections that years past. Not every week like mac, but maybe every 2 months'..ect.

They have kept them exclusive for the past 3 years, now I think we will see more of them . Like the Byzance palette, that was only sold in Boutiques.
thanks for this info. I can hear my pockets starting to complain :p

cheburaha

^Eastern Lights in February/March, as part of the Hong Kong Chanel collection. Any more info on it?
I also heard there will be another exclusive release called Souffle de Liberte with illusion d'ombre in Platine Precieux in march 2013

Winthrop44

Don't think I'll be applying that IdO exactly like this.
lol.gif

http://levernisblog.com/2012/10/05/chanel-eastern-light/

katred

Specktra Bestie
Don't think I'll be applying that IdO exactly like this.
lol.gif

http://levernisblog.com/2012/10/05/chanel-eastern-light/
LOL! Her makeup looks like my Halloween costume look! http://morelikespace.blogspot.ca/2012/10/making-faces-happy-halloween.html

Would you believe I still haven't bought one? I'm always just afraid it'll age my eyes... I had an MUA apply Illusoire (I think) to me once and it didn't look great. Then again, that's the same counter where the MUA managed to miss my mouth when applying lipstick. I was with my hubby and he leaned over and whispered "It's a great colour, just try not to pay attention to how it looks right now."

elegant-one

lol.gif

I used Apparence lightly on my lid & then used the Taupe color from the holiday quad above it. It was really soft & pretty.

Haven

thanks for this info. I can hear my pockets starting to complain :p
Exactly! My wallet & AMEX will need to take their annual siestas after Christmas. I wish that the spring collections (Chanel & Guerlain) would be released in early 2013.

Haven

I appreciate the slower pace as well. MAC's rapid release of many collections with a lot of inferior products has turned me off. I find myself less excited about MAC as a brand.

Winthrop44

I'll be interested in seeing what that brown quad looks like irl. I was very disappointed in Intution. I just don't get why it includes 2 dark browns that don't really work with each other (and that I found boring on my coloring, but that may just be specific to me).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Are those the spring lipsticks in the back. Where's the purple?
That's what I was wondering. I guess there's no guarantee that that's the entire collection. It does seem very warm for my skin tone. I'd say that there are some items missing from this photo. Chanel usually includes either a couple of single shadows or a duo in each launch. Plus there's no IdO and they really seem to be pushing those with launches lately. So perhaps the purple lippie just didn't make it into this grouping. Part of me will be happy if I don't want too much from this collection, though... I saw what Guerlain has coming in that thread and they may end up with a lot of my Spring lunch money.

Latest posts