Givenchy Discussion

MACina

Thank you very much Naynadine!!!

It is great to have a Givenchy thread
thmbup.gif

I only like the Private Fuchsia gloss so far
heart.gif

And I am excited for the blush too of course!

Monsy

i am glad we finally have givenchy threat

i do not like that they changed design for eyeshadows

givenchy has probably the most beautiful packaging of all

my all time fav givechy product is their loose powder. the best one out there! for some reason is discontinued in the usa
cry.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Not sure about the products in this collection, but I always like to give Givenchy a try. I'm having a love affair with their new 'Noir Couture' mascara.

I think perhaps I'm hesitant about this collection, because the shades don't seem as wonderful as their Spring collection from last year (which I hesitated on and missed), which looked just stunning. I'm sure there will be something to tempt me.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Not sure about the products in this collection, but I always like to give Givenchy a try. I'm having a love affair with their new 'Noir Couture' mascara.

I think perhaps I'm hesitant about this collection, because the shades don't seem as wonderful as their Spring collection from last year (which I hesitated on and missed), which looked just stunning. I'm sure there will be something to tempt me.
I
heart.gif
last year's Spring collection. Unfortunately, I was only able to afford one Bucolic powder at that time. I wish I could've gotten the blushes as well, and also a BU of the powder. I barely use mine as I'm scared to run out.

There's also a swatch of the black Rouge Interdit that's coming out next month: Givenchy Lively Collection: Rouge Interdit No 62 LiV's Lips Black Lipstick - ReallyRee Fashion/Beauty Blog

I like the idea of it, but I'm not sure if I would buy it.

shontay07108

:heart:  last year's Spring collection. Unfortunately, I was only able to afford one Bucolic powder at that time. I wish I could've gotten the blushes as well, and also a BU of the powder. I barely use mine as I'm scared to run out. There are also swatches of the black Rouge Interdit: Givenchy Lively Collection: Rouge Interdit No 62 LiV's Lips Black Lipstick - ReallyRee Fashion/Beauty Blog I like the idea of it, but I'm not sure if I would buy it. 
I was obsessed with this lipstick the second it showed up on Sephora. I found the same link a few days ago and I don't think I'll buy it. It seems too sheer for my lips. Bummer.

MACina

Wow....that is a stunning lippie
eyelove.gif

I
heart.gif
last year's Spring collection. Unfortunately, I was only able to afford one Bucolic powder at that time. I wish I could've gotten the blushes as well, and also a BU of the powder. I barely use mine as I'm scared to run out.

There's also a swatch of the black Rouge Interdit that's coming out next month: Givenchy Lively Collection: Rouge Interdit No 62 LiV's Lips Black Lipstick - ReallyRee Fashion/Beauty Blog

katred

Specktra Bestie
I
heart.gif

Both the blushes and the highlight powder looked amazing. I also thought the Bucolic Poppy lipstick was beautiful in photos.

I can't wait to try that shade out to see how it looks on my lips. Also interested in "Fatale", since I basically need a vampy shade from every brand...

aradhana

i am so intrigued by this brand but not really sure where to start. (i'm sure once i start i won't be able to stop....)
i've been eyeing those little quad shadows with four finishes of one shade....but just today at sephora i was drawn to this really nice red lipstick...illicit raspberry maybe? the swatch felt so unctuous. then i started reading reviews and now i'm intrigued by paradise pink....

Miss QQ

I'm not sure I like the packaging of the lipstick. It looks cute, but the little string at the base of the lipstick doesn't appeal to me, just like how Dior Addict lipstick has a knob. The lipsticks have a pretty range of colour though, so maybe I'll get one to try soon, because I'm getting more curious about this brand. I recently purchase the holiday powder which I have not use. This is my first item from the brand!

http://www.makeup4all.com/givenchy-le-prisme-enchante-embellishing-luminous-powder-review-and-swatches/

There is info on the Spring 2013 collection too!

http://www.makeup4all.com/givenchy-hotel-prive-makeup-collection-for-spring-2013/

MACina

I got the Enchanted Roses Powder from the Holiday Collection today....I love it
love.gif

The sheen of the powder is stunning
eyelove.gif

It has a black leather case!

MACina

So far I have only used it on my cheeks.On its own and layered over a blush/as a highlighter...soooo pretty
eyelove.gif

I will also try it all over my face.It might look pretty using a very light hand...let' s see!

this looks very pretty! how do you use it?

Dominique33

I got the Enchanted Roses Powder from the Holiday Collection today....I love it
love.gif

The sheen of the powder is stunning
eyelove.gif

It has a black leather case!

The packaging is ok but the texture is not ! Chalky and not a subtle powder at all in fact and pricey too ( here the Givenchy Holiday collection is really bad, nothing to die for and it's getting worse and worse just like Lancôme makeup )
The blending is nice, colours too, texture is yes bad as I mentioned.
Maybe the Clarins Odyssey illuminating powder is better, it looks gorgeous.

tats

So far I have only used it on my cheeks.On its own and layered over a blush/as a highlighter...soooo pretty
eyelove.gif

I will also try it all over my face.It might look pretty using a very light hand...let' s see!
it's pretty.. If I didn't have an enormous ammout of highlighters already I would have bought it..))

Latest posts