Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

honey on boost

I went to Butter London's website for the first time. Big mistake. I cannot get sucked into another brand. I just can't. Nope. Won't do it. At least not yet.
greengrin.gif
They have 30% off during friends & family and I usually get nordstrom to price match so that I get free shipping. And Ulta usually has BOGO's it's an awesome brand to get sucked into!

kimibos

20 minutes? Girl you're crazy! lol I wait a couple of minutes in between coats. I noticed opi or zoya quick dry drops on top of seche vite works wonders! I never get those dreaded sheet marks anymore.
Looove Fishwife! I bought Trustfarian but now you have me wanting Fishwife.
That's nuts.. I usually print my labels at work or home and drop it in the night box after hours or give it to the mail lady. The people that work at the counter are so strict and they always have their own rules.
now i want trusrafarian. and also those drops that you mention. all i use is seche vite.

kimibos

i got nars supertar but im not liking it that much. on me its way darker than in the bottle or online swacthes. it looks like a dark forest green polish. not teal at all.
001_unsure.gif

Naughtyp

ya it looks just like Khloe had a lil lam lam! I read that superstar didn't look as dark but to me it does! not sure if ill keep it or not....,

Dominique33

Nars Superstar is a deep teal, maybe it's prettier on the toes ? I love wearing a nail polish on my toes, that's why. I sometimes wear a polish on my hands ( today Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream ) but most of the time I really prefer wearing a polish on my toes and I think Superstar is a great colour but not so easy to wear I agree.

Liz2012

Some of my all time favorites are Toff, The black knight, All hail the queen, Slapper and Trout Pout.
Thanks for the tips!
th_wink3.gif
I'm really liking The Black Knight and especially All Hail The Queen
eyelove.gif
I'm still a bit sad tho not being able to get Fishwife lol. I hope Butter London will make it available in the EU in the future :) I see Two Fingered Salute is also not an US exclusive shade anymore so *fingers crossed*.

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by Liz2012
Thanks for the recommendations!
peace2.gif
Lady Muck & Wallis
love.gif
The shades i read about being not that good were Branwen's Feather, Bluey, No More Waity Katie, Knackered and a few others i can't remember the names of right now.

Of the polishes you mention I have just No More Waity, Katie. I have to agree it's not BL at their best. It's a bit sheer so it needs 3 coats for opacity, and even then you might see a bit of VNL (I don't, but that's because I like to keep my nails fairly short so there isn't much of a nail line to speak of). It's been a long time since I wore it so I can't remember if I experienced any application problems but I do remember feeling a bit underwhelmed by it. In theory it should be a very interesting polish, in reality its just OK.

Oh, another one I love is Tart with a Heart. It's Black Knight's pale pink sister (well, they were both released as part of last year's holiday collex). I never wore it on its own, but it's a great layering polish that works well with both dark and light bases (I love it over Playa del Platinum
heart.gif
).

Liz2012

Of the polishes you mention I have just No More Waity, Katie. I have to agree it's not BL at their best. It's a bit sheer so it needs 3 coats for opacity, and even then you might see a bit of VNL (I don't, but that's because I like to keep my nails fairly short so there isn't much of a nail line to speak of). It's been a long time since I wore it so I can't remember if I experienced any application problems but I do remember feeling a bit underwhelmed by it. In theory it should be a very interesting polish, in reality its just OK.

Oh, another one I love is Tart with a Heart. It's Black Knight's pale pink sister (well, they were both released as part of last year's holiday collex). I never wore it on its own, but it's a great layering polish that works well with both dark and light bases (I love it over Playa del Platinum
heart.gif
).
Exactly the problem i've read different people mentioning: some BL polishes being way too sheer. Apparently it's even impossible to wear Knackered on its own, layered over a dark base it's stunning tho.

Just googled Tart With A Heart and i saw a blogger who layered it over The Black Knight and OMG .. galaxy nails!
eyelove.gif
They're both on my to-get-list for sure now!

tats

I was looking for a good teal nail polish, and thanks guys for all recommendations. I went with dior nirvana in the end. I nearly bought illamasqua muse and had my eye on nars superstar. I still like those colours, not sure if I need that many teals, but I do want to try nars nail polishes.

SOMUCH2SHAY

and yes butter london is just as addicting as all the rest lol I got my first one in June and now have over 10!
Naughtyp, this is completely off topic, but your lipstick in your avatar is absolutely beautiful. What brand/color is that? Sorry if you've already answered this somewhere.

kimibos

liz2012 i almost get wallis, which is on my list, on thursday but i was a good girl and left the store only with the nars polish. im def gonna get it in dec.

kimibos

I was looking for a good teal nail polish, and thanks guys for all recommendations. I went with dior nirvana in the end. I nearly bought illamasqua muse and had my eye on nars superstar. I still like those colours, not sure if I need that many teals, but I do want to try nars nail polishes.
Nice, i dont have dior polishes but that one looks pretty in the online swatches. the nirvana and muse ones look teal to me like dark teal. the nars one is way to dark. it looks crazy green dark in person. it has no blue in it. so im glad you went with nirvana. i luv the name too.

Liz2012

liz2012 i almost get wallis, which is on my list, on thursday but i was a good girl and left the store only with the nars polish. im def gonna get it in dec.
I'm definitely getting it with my upcoming order. It's such a stunning shade and don't have anything remotely similar in my stash, so how can i say no?
tong.gif
I think my first order will be Victoriana, Wallis, All Hail The Queen, The Black Knight, and Tart With A Heart.

Dominique33

Nars nail polishes are great. If you don't want a deep teal you have the Thakoon collection which is beautiful or some regular ones such as Trouville, a very soft rose or back to the Andy Warhol coll. an amazing violet called " New York Dolls ". They are long wearing, not agressive for the nails at all, vibrant colours. Everyone says it has been reformulated, yes that may be ( I don't know but yes it's probable ), anyway the new formula is good ( I have 4 Thakoon and 2 Andy Warhol + Trouville and other ancient ones such as China Town or Dovima ).
On my toes around 7 days with no chipping, on my hands typically 2/3 days but I keep cleaning my apartment because I am allergic to cats and I have a cat !
I really think Nars is superior to Chanel formula but it still depends on the shade. It's similar to Essie or OPI, maybe less long wearing than the Essie ones which wear very long, it's far better than Estee Lauder or Dior ( regular not the Grand Bal ones which are amazing ) in my own experience of course.
Hope this was helpful.

tats

Nars nail polishes are great. If you don't want a deep teal you have the Thakoon collection which is beautiful or some regular ones such as Trouville, a very soft rose or back to the Andy Warhol coll. an amazing violet called " New York Dolls ". They are long wearing, not agressive for the nails at all, vibrant colours. Everyone says it has been reformulated, yes that may be ( I don't know but yes it's probable ), anyway the new formula is good ( I have 4 Thakoon and 2 Andy Warhol + Trouville and other ancient ones such as China Town or Dovima ).
On my toes around 7 days with no chipping, on my hands typically 2/3 days but I keep cleaning my apartment because I am allergic to cats and I have a cat !
I really think Nars is superior to Chanel formula but it still depends on the shade. It's similar to Essie or OPI, maybe less long wearing than the Essie ones which wear very long, it's far better than Estee Lauder or Dior ( regular not the Grand Bal ones which are amazing ) in my own experience of course.
Hope this was helpful.
Thanks for the review.. I actually quite like deep teal so I might get Superstar) I'm quite picky with the colours I choose, I don't like very bright colours, I like them only for summer and on some occasions. Normally I prefer something muted and interesting. Right now I've got my eye on Manosque from Nars..

kimibos

noo. why did i click that link!?? i didnt know dior polishes were $23. way more cheaper than chanel ones. i want some now.
ohboy.gif

Latest posts