Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

Thanks, girls! And congrats on your catches!

A fresh mani post (sorry for the hands): EdM LE 24. Super pigmented, could be a one coater. I got an iPad but I don't know if I'm going to post this unforgiving pics.

image.jpg

Anitacska

Thank you!
Nice haul, all very pretty - but of course Evil Queen is my fave! I will try to resist buying any of them... we'll see!
Love your mani, it's a really nice shade and the two work so well together.

Thank you!

Aah, yes, the Evil Queen is very pretty. But like I said, if you have Entwined, you're probably good.

Nice combo! I really like the DD.

Thanks. I love these Villain polishes she makes, they're all full of glitter and flakies and give really good coverage (2 coats I think this was). I have another one on the way to me.

Very pretty. But... it's April! :shocked: My OCD won't let me use monthly polishes in the wrong month, lol.

Thanks, girls! And congrats on your catches!

A fresh mani post (sorry for the hands): EdM LE 24. Super pigmented, could be a one coater. I got an iPad but I don't know if I'm going to post this unforgiving pics.

View attachment 53711

Thanks. This is very pretty. I don't see anything wrong with your hand either.

BTW, Anita, I saw an add today: they have made salmiakki sparkling water! :D

Whaaaat? That's just weird, lol.

Recent two manis, first one is Colors by Llarowe True Colors with Freckles Polish I'm The Fairest. The CbL was one of my first polishes from the brand. I tried stamping on the accents with the CbL, but it doesn't really show. It was better irl. Please excuse the tipwear in the second picture, the sun didn't come out on day 1, but the holo was so pretty, I needed to capture it.

20160422_102346.jpg 20160423_141005.jpg

The second one is China Glaze Splish Splash with Urban Outfitters Mystic River.

20160424_115309.jpg 20160424_115438.jpg

Currently waiting for MyHermes to bring my PTR box. Yes, I've bought it again, but that Lilypad was too pretty to miss.... :blush:

Anneri

Happy belated birthday MRV!!!! Greetings from Singapore! I didn't even try for the EPs, but I went quite wild in the shopping malls over here. Compared to Europe it's not exactly cheap, but cheaper than Shanghai, and with a much better offerings, so I was happy. I got my first Hakuhodo brushes!!!

awickedshape

Anitacska

Happy belated birthday MRV!!!! Greetings from Singapore! I didn't even try for the EPs, but I went quite wild in the shopping malls over here. Compared to Europe it's not exactly cheap, but cheaper than Shanghai, and with a much better offerings, so I was happy. I got my first Hakuhodo brushes!!!

Sounds like you're having fun in Singapore! Have you met Grace yet? What's she like?

Pedi with Orly Country Club Khaki yesterday
Haven't worn polish on my fingers in a long time.

View attachment 53730

Haha, I haven't painted my toes since last September. And judging by the weather here (we had snow showers today!) I won't be wearing flip flops anytime soon.

Here's the PTR box. The Lilypad is very pretty and the FM was a nice surprise, it has lots of shimmer that doesn't show up in the pictures.

20160426_104137.jpg

My current mani is Urban Decay Fbomb (2011 untried) with YSL Silver stamping and Barry M Moonlight on the accents. The UD was a dream to apply, almost a one coater. Not exactly a colour I would normally wear (came in a set), but very elegant. The picture in the shade shows its true colour.

20160426_103521.jpg 20160426_103619.jpg

awickedshape

Sounds like you're having fun in Singapore! Have you met Grace yet? What's she like?

Haha, I haven't painted my toes since last September. And judging by the weather here (we had snow showers today!) I won't be wearing flip flops anytime soon.

Here's the PTR box. The Lilypad is very pretty and the FM was a nice surprise, it has lots of shimmer that doesn't show up in the pictures.

View attachment 53731

My current mani is Urban Decay Fbomb (2011 untried) with YSL Silver stamping and Barry M Moonlight on the accents. The UD was a dream to apply, almost a one coater. Not exactly a colour I would normally wear (came in a set), but very elegant. The picture in the shade shows its true colour.

View attachment 53732 View attachment 53733

Snow showers? Wow. I'very never seen snow! It's been so hot here, we're barely getting any rain.

Anitacska

Snow showers? Wow. I'very never seen snow! It's been so hot here, we're barely getting any rain.

Where do you live? Yeah, that's the UK for you. We don't have much snow in winter (especially down here in the South East), but we usually have some when we shouldn't. Didn't settle though, it's not that cold.

awickedshape

Where do you live? Yeah, that's the UK for you. We don't have much snow in winter (especially down here in the South East), but we usually have some when we shouldn't. Didn't settle though, it's not that cold.

Ah!
I'm in Trinidad, in the Caribbean. Today is around 32 degrees Celsius and that's a bit cooler that it has been lately because we got five minutes of light rain just now

Anitacska

In case anyone didn't get the e-mail, EP pre-order for the April and May mysteries is this Saturday. I'm passing on them again.

Anneri

Veeeeeeery pretty manis (and pedis!) all around! I especially liked Anitacska's red one, MRV's green one and PQ's EP!

i'm back from Singapore with my FFs (Grace did drop them off at the hotel when we were out to have dinner, so we haven't actually met) here they are! (With a token kpt polish)

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's FF But a dream with glam florals for spring marbled on top. A bit of a marbling fail, but the FF was so sheer in the warm state that I really needed to add something. It was so funny, I put the FF on when I still was in Singapore and couldn't believe how sheer and pale that nice turquoise polish looked on my nails - and then I realized it was a thermal and it was just too hot to ever show the cold state!

Anitacska

Veeeeeeery pretty manis (and pedis!) all around! I especially liked Anitacska's red one, MRV's green one and PQ's EP!

i'm back from Singapore with my FFs (Grace did drop them off at the hotel when we were out to have dinner, so we haven't actually met) here they are! (With a token kpt polish)

View attachment 53856

View attachment 53857

That's FF But a dream with glam florals for spring marbled on top. A bit of a marbling fail, but the FF was so sheer in the warm state that I really needed to add something. It was so funny, I put the FF on when I still was in Singapore and couldn't believe how sheer and pale that nice turquoise polish looked on my nails - and then I realized it was a thermal and it was just too hot to ever show the cold state!

Thank you! Pretty haul and mani! Sounds like you had a nice time in Singapore and yay for Grace dropping off your polishes.

I'm really tired today, stayed up until 2 am last night to catch the Femme Fatale oops sale. Then I couldn't sleep for another hour due to the adrenalin rush. But I'm really happy I've managed to grab all 8, even the ones that only had very limited quantities available (20-50). Yay for me! The May COTM and the two FB group exclusives are so pretty too, once again I'll have 10+ polishes for the DHL delivery.

Was gutted to see that Glam Polish pulled 3 shades from the King collection, I wanted those the most of course. Apparently another indie maker was claiming that the little shards used in those curl and stick out and they're rubbish, so Rachel decided to pull them. But all the bloggers who swatched them said they were fine. I don't know. So I only ordered Viva Las Vegas, but also got the 6 Hawaii polishes and the 2 missing ones from Truly Outrageous.

Anyway, my Stackry stuff came 2 days ago, only took 2 days to arrive, which is very impressive.

View attachment 53858 View attachment 53859 20160428_104802.jpg View attachment 53861 View attachment 53862

Latest two manis. First is Glam Polish Opulent topped with Essence Gold Fingers that made it crazy sparkly.

20160428_101649.jpg 20160428_101746.jpg

Second is Bear Pawlish Luscious in Holo with Models Own Disco Mix (2011 untried) on the accents. The Bear is pretty, but not really holo.

20160430_115753.jpg 20160430_120143.jpg

Oh and one more thing, I've seen swatches of the new EPs, Pegacorn is so much darker and more green than the bottle shot, Unipeg is pretty, but also seems darker, and Alicorn is just another grey holo with purple sheen. Apparently very similar to Up In Smoke. I will try for Pegacorn if and when she restocks, but passing on Alicorn. Much prefer Majestic to UIS anyway and I have both.

PearlyQueen

Thank you!

Aah, yes, the Evil Queen is very pretty. But like I said, if you have Entwined, you're probably good.

Thanks. I love these Villain polishes she makes, they're all full of glitter and flakies and give really good coverage (2 coats I think this was). I have another one on the way to me.

Very pretty. But... it's April! :shocked: My OCD won't let me use monthly polishes in the wrong month, lol.

Thanks. This is very pretty. I don't see anything wrong with your hand either.

Whaaaat? That's just weird, lol.

Recent two manis, first one is Colors by Llarowe True Colors with Freckles Polish I'm The Fairest. The CbL was one of my first polishes from the brand. I tried stamping on the accents with the CbL, but it doesn't really show. It was better irl. Please excuse the tipwear in the second picture, the sun didn't come out on day 1, but the holo was so pretty, I needed to capture it.

View attachment 53721 View attachment 53722

The second one is China Glaze Splish Splash with Urban Outfitters Mystic River.

View attachment 53723 View attachment 53724

Currently waiting for MyHermes to bring my PTR box. Yes, I've bought it again, but that Lilypad was too pretty to miss.... :blush:

I knew it would freak someone out...!
These are both really nice manis.

PearlyQueen

View attachment 53731

View attachment 53732 View attachment 53733

You can never resist a Lilypad!
Nice red and pretty stamping!

Latest posts