Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I'm feeling too lazy to quote all of you who were nice about my recent manis, so I'll just say a generalised "thanks all" here! (Miss that thanks button!!!)
And I agree, Spider Man was a very Santa Man sort of shade!

PearlyQueen

New mani - OPI - Ali's Big Break
ali's big break.JPG
One of my oldest untrieds I think! As ever with OPI, not very opaque, I can see so many flaws after 3 coats! Nice shimmery shade though. A bit less orange in real life, a true in your face red with sparkly shimmers.

Anitacska

I did buy these, took about 10 mins of refreshing to get them, was about 10 mins late in seeing the email. I liked two of them, the white seems likely not to work for me though! But it's like a conditioned response - new EPs, must buy now!!!

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the white myself, but that mauve is a must have. That said, I don't have many white holos, I passed on the CbL one, so it'll be interesting to see what this looks like.

Pretty and a bit neutrally, lovely

Thank you!

Ooo, your Lilypads look lovely (I'm drawn to the middle...!).
Nice to see an EP actually being worn! I don't have that one, not a huge green fan and I'd have had to pay a fortune to get it as it's before my time.
Pretty on though, and I like the accents!

Thanks. I bought that collection back when it came out for Llarowe for the normal retail price, I wouldn't bother otherwise. But it is nice.

I like this! Maybe I should have bought it... !

Not wanting to enable (enabler, me? :rofl:), but I'm pretty sure RC has it in stock as it was repromoted recently.

You just can't resist a Lilypad! Nice haul. And a pretty mani, I so nearly bought Anna but didn't.

No, I just can't! In fact it seems that I'm all over Australian brands at the moment, I've bought over 100 Glams in the past 5 months as well as loads of Femme Fatales and EdMs, and of course Lilypads.

And thank you, Anna is really pretty with the purple/pink shift.

View attachment 51249
One of my oldest untrieds I think! As ever with OPI, not very opaque, I can see so many flaws after 3 coats! Nice shimmery shade though. A bit less orange in real life, a true in your face red with sparkly shimmers.

Nice mani. I don't know what my oldest untrieds are, definitely mainstream brands, I remember buying lots of Zoyas, OPIs, Orlys and China Glazes when I first got into nail polish.

Anitacska

Speaking of Aussie brands, my huge Glam order came on Friday via Stackry:

20160108_154417.jpg

This is the entire Alphabet City collection (no idea what Alphabet City is though, but the colours are gorgeous).

20160108_154619.jpg

The Purple Predicament trio and a few more flakies and batch #9 which I seemed to have missed last time.

Two recent manis:

20160109_100850.jpg

20160109_133135.jpg

This is Lilypad Lacquer Lavender Blossom with Lilypad Almost Famous on the accents. Unfortunately both my thumb nails have developed side breaks, so that's why this one is looking weird, I tried to patch it up, but no use. I trimmed both down in the end.

20160111_113947.jpg

Current mani is Hema 839 with Cynthia Rowley noname polish (blue jelly with coloured glitter) on top of the Hema on the accents. I had to make my fingers look yellow to show the true colour of the polish as my camera decided it was blue.

Anneri

Hello ladies! It's been ages since I've been here!!!! Hope you all had a great Christmas and a fab start of 2016. We went to Shanghai for the first time on Jan 1st, and I returned on Sunday. Sadly I destroyed my iPhone while I was there, so I couldn't even get on IG, and don't get me started with internet access in China. But anyways, we managed to find a nice apartment and we'll move in around 6 weeks (eek). I hope that the internet situation will be easier once we have highspeed internet with a good vpn client at our home.
I didn't really see much of Shanghai this time - the days were quite filled with house hunting and things like opening bank accounts and such, but of course I went around to scout out the nailpolish and makeup situation (which is quite bleak, tbh, because anything is extremely expensive and the drugstores there are a far cry from our drugstores here!). But I'll have a Sephora in the same building where our new apartment is. ;) But all high-end brands (and even L'Oreal is considered a high end brand there) are about 25% more expensive than here.
Sadly I missed the Enchanted trio - so sad, because I love all the colours.

I've still to wait a few days until I get a new phone, and then I can again start to post mani pictures! Yay! Although everything I wore hasn't been particularly new or exciting. I plan to do one last haul while I'm here though! Any recs of particularly stunning new polishes? I haven't been on IG for over a week and feel like I'm totally out of the loop already!!!

Anitacska

Hello ladies! It's been ages since I've been here!!!! Hope you all had a great Christmas and a fab start of 2016. We went to Shanghai for the first time on Jan 1st, and I returned on Sunday. Sadly I destroyed my iPhone while I was there, so I couldn't even get on IG, and don't get me started with internet access in China. But anyways, we managed to find a nice apartment and we'll move in around 6 weeks (eek). I hope that the internet situation will be easier once we have highspeed internet with a good vpn client at our home.
I didn't really see much of Shanghai this time - the days were quite filled with house hunting and things like opening bank accounts and such, but of course I went around to scout out the nailpolish and makeup situation (which is quite bleak, tbh, because anything is extremely expensive and the drugstores there are a far cry from our drugstores here!). But I'll have a Sephora in the same building where our new apartment is. ;) But all high-end brands (and even L'Oreal is considered a high end brand there) are about 25% more expensive than here.

I've still to wait a few days until I get a new phone, and then I can again start to post mani pictures! Yay! Although everything I wore hasn't been particularly new or exciting. I plan to do one last haul while I'm here though! Any recs of particularly stunning new polishes? I haven't been on IG for over a week and feel like I'm totally out of the loop already!!!

Hi Anneri! How exciting! But sorry to hear about your phone. :( As for shopping, there's always the internet! ;) On that note, you know you can check Instagram in your browser too.

There are some lovely new Glams out, I've also seen pictures of the new Cupcake Polish collection, actually quite similar to the Glams. The Femme Fatale Valentine trio is pretty too.

I'm trying to be good this month, Lilypad Lacquer will have a restock soon and I know I'll want lots from her, so trying to limit my other purchases. I have ordered the new FF trio and some other polishes from her shop as well as the RC exclusive FF polishes, but that's all so far.

Anitacska

My current mani is WingDust Total Pink Bomb with Lilypad Saint and some stamping. The WD was a pain in the backside, very thick and gloopy, but after struggling with trying to get it to even out, I added some thinner and that helped. It's a very pretty colour though. The Lilypad has a lovely pink sheen to it. The stamping polish (Hit the Bottle Psycho Pink) gave me some trouble too, it's too thick and dried very quickly, so didn't transfer well onto the nails.

20160113_095839.jpg

Fuzzy

Thanks Fuzzy!

I don't think she was purposefully looking over my shoulder, but it still annoyed me. By the end of her stay she managed to annoy me with a lot of things, hahaha!

Thank you again!

Love Come Dance the Hora, but haven't actually worn it myself.

I don't remember the last time I went out for new year's eve, I don't actually think I ever have, other than to friend's house or something like that. I do remember I had a NYE party when I was 13, lol. We normally just watch films, then the fireworks at midnight and then go to bed. This year we stayed up until 2.30 though, well, I actually nodded off on the sofa while watching Pixels (very funny film btw!).

I tried uploading from my phone, I don't know what kind of phone you have, mine is a Samsung and it lets me, but instead of gallery it offers documents as the option for source, but then photos are among the documents too. (Sorry, not sure if it makes sense.) I normally upload my pictures onto Dropbox and use the computer to crop them and post them.

I have an iPhone... I can choose an image from my phone but when I tap the 'upload file' button it does nothing. Maybe it's a Safari problem... Oh well, I need to put the photos on my computer and delete them off the phone regularly anyway because the phone doesn't have as much storage as my old one.

Small haul from Rainbow Connection:

View attachment 51097

Also, current mani is Fun Lacquer Anna with FNUG Psychedelic and Fun Lacquer With Springkles on Top on the accents.

View attachment 51098

View attachment 51099

Nice little haul and pretty mani, I really like Anna.

I like this! Maybe I should have bought it... !

Thanks! I've had it for a few years and I finally put it on!

View attachment 51249

Great red! Sorry it was more sheer than you hoped for.

View attachment 51262

This is the entire Alphabet City collection (no idea what Alphabet City is though, but the colours are gorgeous).

View attachment 51263

The Purple Predicament trio and a few more flakies and batch #9 which I seemed to have missed last time.

Two recent manis:

View attachment 51264

View attachment 51265

This is Lilypad Lacquer Lavender Blossom with Lilypad Almost Famous on the accents. Unfortunately both my thumb nails have developed side breaks, so that's why this one is looking weird, I tried to patch it up, but no use. I trimmed both down in the end.

View attachment 51266

Current mani is Hema 839 with Cynthia Rowley noname polish (blue jelly with coloured glitter) on top of the Hema on the accents. I had to make my fingers look yellow to show the true colour of the polish as my camera decided it was blue.

Great haul and pretty manis, I really like the second one! sorry about your thumb :(

Oh no sorry about your phone :(
Nice to have such a convenient Sephora :D It's going to be a big adventure!

My current mani is WingDust Total Pink Bomb with Lilypad Saint and some stamping. The WD was a pain in the backside, very thick and gloopy, but after struggling with trying to get it to even out, I added some thinner and that helped. It's a very pretty colour though. The Lilypad has a lovely pink sheen to it. The stamping polish (Hit the Bottle Psycho Pink) gave me some trouble too, it's too thick and dried very quickly, so didn't transfer well onto the nails.

View attachment 51309

very nice, glad you could solve the gloop issues a bit!

Fuzzy

ugh internet connection issues all day(they were doing repairs and hopefully are done) and the plumber has to come back again tomorrow because the valve was the wrong size and my cold will not go away- I think my nose will fall off. lol rant over

This was my New Years mani:
Picture Polish Bette

021.jpg

024.jpg

3 coats, it was more than a week before it chipped! and the holo in it is just lovely, a really nice blue.

There probably wont be another mani until I can stop blowing my nose every 5 seconds lol

MRV

Huh, I'm finally trying to get back to normal, but it's so darn cold in here! :brrrr: Last week we had almost -25C (luckily we we able to escape the country), but it's still almost -20C with this nasty wind we have!

Thank you on all counts. The Fun in the middle, actually not sure if you mean the middle of the picture or the middle Fun, so the Funs in that picture are Fashion Show, The Art of Sparkle (H) and Happy Ending.

Yes, I did get the LE Yeti, well both, Angels are the Yeti 2 and Yeti Has a Bike.

I'm pretty much done with the rearranging. All indies are now in the Alexes, the Helmer has nearly 600 mainstream polishes, the rainbow drawers have 6 drawers of mainstream polishes (around 400 I think). I still have two big boxes full of OPI, Orly and China Glaze, but the trouble is, those are all tall bottles, so only fit in the Helmer, but the Helmer is full and actually the rainbow drawers are pretty full now. Can't put more polishes in there, the bottom drawer really sticks as it is. I also have some polishes in sets, like Zoya, Urban Decay, Color Club which I might just leave in there. Most of my make up is still in boxes though and no more drawers left, so I'm thinking I might get another Alex and a few 4 drawer units to go on top of the Alexes for make up. But getting there.

Thanks again.

The FF sale was announced on the FB group, it was done on another page, you could chose 4 samples and however many other polishes you wanted/could. She also does COTMs, but those aren't limited to the FB group, plus she sometimes does group exclusives. She ships as usual, but of course it has to be minimum 10 bottles. Keep an eye on the FB group.

Really sorry your H&Co stuff is still missing. I'm having trouble with bloody MyHermes, it's not actually my stuff, I posted them to people. A few of us got together for the FF garage sale and I coordinated it. I then sent off the others' polishes, but two packages have gone missing. They are all ooak samples, so feel really bad for them and MyHermes has been no use. :mad::action1::rant2:Still trying to sort it out for them, but it's not looking good.

Ouch! Sorry about the toe. Where are the nice friendly emoticons gone? No hugs ones. :(

Yes, I noticed the EP e-mail after about 20 minutes too. Glad you managed to get them. I have to admit, the white one doesn't excite me one bit, but that mauve one looks really pretty. At least they weren't mysteries. I'm done with her mysteries.

Thanks! Looks like Yeti the Angel is gone :(. I try to write and ask at some point. Hope you can find a good solution for the rest of your NPs and MU.

Hmm, I don't follow any feed so I suck in this kind of group things. Maybe if I spot them in the right moment.

I got my money back from Paypal, but I do not know if I can buy from Harlow any more - if she's willing to sell me I mean - well, it was mostly for KBS but I did order some other stuff like the lost Glams. I've never heard of MyHermes. How a parcel service can loose packages??

Thanks! It's mostly healed by now and I've been able to move about.

Thanks, likewise! Mine shipped yesteday!

Current mani is Too Fancy Lacquer Burnt Lavender with Glam Polish Death Defying Acts. A bit of a palate cleanser after all the glitter and stamping and festive manis.

View attachment 50949

View attachment 50950

Nice, lovely shades!

Finally my BSF order has arrived. Took nearly 3 weeks due to Christmas and new year. Never mind.

View attachment 51000

Also, current mani is Enchanted Polish Green Peace on Earth (had this for 3 years and never used it before) with Revlon Moon Candy duo in Meteor.

View attachment 51001

View attachment 51002

Better late than never. GPoE - due time to wear it, it's pretty!

Last edited:

MRV

Happy new year all!

I went out for new years for the first time, I think, ever(!) To the tiki bar(which had no cover, unlike most places which had massive cover prices) I made sure to go home before last call to avoid the worst of the awful drunks on transit... there were still a few, but not so bad.

This was my Xmas mani, my theme that day was dark blue and silver
CbL Come Dance the Hora
View attachment 51017

New years mani next time because I still can't upload photos from my phone. :banghead:

This is such a pretty polish! I think I've worn it, too.

Thanks Fuzzy!

I don't think she was purposefully looking over my shoulder, but it still annoyed me. By the end of her stay she managed to annoy me with a lot of things, hahaha!

Thank you again!

Love Come Dance the Hora, but haven't actually worn it myself.

I don't remember the last time I went out for new year's eve, I don't actually think I ever have, other than to friend's house or something like that. I do remember I had a NYE party when I was 13, lol. We normally just watch films, then the fireworks at midnight and then go to bed. This year we stayed up until 2.30 though, well, I actually nodded off on the sofa while watching Pixels (very funny film btw!).

I tried uploading from my phone, I don't know what kind of phone you have, mine is a Samsung and it lets me, but instead of gallery it offers documents as the option for source, but then photos are among the documents too. (Sorry, not sure if it makes sense.) I normally upload my pictures onto Dropbox and use the computer to crop them and post them.

My mother manages to annoy me, too! :scream:

I've never had anything special at NY either, not even own fire works!

Small haul from Rainbow Connection:

View attachment 51097

Also, current mani is Fun Lacquer Anna with FNUG Psychedelic and Fun Lacquer With Springkles on Top on the accents.

View attachment 51098

View attachment 51099

Anna looks lovely (and pretty combo!), I only got Ariel.

I did buy these, took about 10 mins of refreshing to get them, was about 10 mins late in seeing the email. I liked two of them, the white seems likely not to work for me though! But it's like a conditioned response - new EPs, must buy now!!!

:boink: Congrats!

View attachment 51249

Looks pretty though! I like the transparency.

View attachment 51262

View attachment 51263

Two recent manis:

View attachment 51264

View attachment 51265

View attachment 51266

Those green Glams! :yumyum: Pretty manis, love the first one and the glitters are nice in the second. Reminds me of some KBS glitters.

Hey, Anneri! Nice to hear from you. Great that you've managed to arrange things for your upcoming move. Hope you will be able to stay online with us. Too bad the prices are hiked up down there, I'm confident you will have some possibilities though, like the Asian brands (Japanese and Korean), not to mention the Asian/Aussie NP. Hope you will get a new phone soon, it's a big bummer to loose one's phone.

Hi Anneri! How exciting! But sorry to hear about your phone. :( As for shopping, there's always the internet! ;) On that note, you know you can check Instagram in your browser too.

There are some lovely new Glams out, I've also seen pictures of the new Cupcake Polish collection, actually quite similar to the Glams. The Femme Fatale Valentine trio is pretty too.

I'm trying to be good this month, Lilypad Lacquer will have a restock soon and I know I'll want lots from her, so trying to limit my other purchases. I have ordered the new FF trio and some other polishes from her shop as well as the RC exclusive FF polishes, but that's all so far.

I'm trying to get the FF trio from a retailer, not ordering from there now. I've been splurging on shoes, bags, clothes, yarns and other stuff of late :whistle:. I have not ordered anything but the Enchanteds this year (a few still on their way though), and from shops only got a few discounted Chanels & YSL, and two from Kiko once I got to go there.

View attachment 51309

Sorry about the formulas, it's a cute mani though.

ugh internet connection issues all day(they were doing repairs and hopefully are done) and the plumber has to come back again tomorrow because the valve was the wrong size and my cold will not go away- I think my nose will fall off. lol rant over

Picture Polish Bette

View attachment 51329

View attachment 51330

3 coats, it was more than a week before it chipped! and the holo in it is just lovely, a really nice blue.

There probably wont be another mani until I can stop blowing my nose every 5 seconds lol

Bette looks very nice! Sorry about your flu, hope you're feeling better already.

Uh, I have not posted manis in ages. Coming soon...

Last edited:

Anitacska

Picture Polish Bette

View attachment 51329

View attachment 51330

That is a seriously pretty mani! I thought I had Bette, but evidently not. I've not bought many PPs lately, they are suddenly very expensive (over £10).

Sorry to hear about your cold and radiator issues. It just shows we all have the same problems wherever we live. Luckily my cold has finally gone (I had one for about 10 days) and my radiators are working fine at the moment. No doubt something else will go wrong soon (I'm ever the optimist, not!).

Huh, I'm finally trying to get back to normal, but it's so darn cold in here! :brrrr: Last week we had almost -25C (luckily we we able to escape the country), but it's still almost -20C with this nasty wind we have!

Thanks! Looks like Yeti the Angel is gone :(. I try to write and ask at some point. Hope you can find a good solution for the rest of your NPs and MU.

Hmm, I don't follow any feed so I suck in this kind of group things. Maybe if I spot them in the right moment.

I got my money back from Paypal, but I do not know if I can buy from Harlow any more - if she's willing to sell me I mean - well, it was mostly for KBS but I did order some other stuff like the lost Glams. I've never heard of MyHermes. How a parcel service can loose packages??

Thanks! It's mostly healed by now and I've been able to move about.

Thanks, likewise! Mine shipped yesteday!

Nice, lovely shades!

Better late than never. GPoE - due time to wear it, it's pretty!

Oh, blimey, -25 C is seriously cold! We sometimes get that in Hungary too, that's why I hate Hungarian winters. I'm really cold here as it is and it's +5 C. But also windy and that makes it feel a lot colder.

Thank you on all counts.

I will let you know on here if there's anything happening in the FF group. The one thing I'm aware of atm is that she's making 3 customs for the HHC (Hella Holo Customs) group. Not sure if you're part of that. They look very pretty. Also EdM is having a samples sale soon, but that's not group specific, I don't think.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Harlow & Co. Do these people not realise they live from their customers??? I had a fallout with Annette from RC, her FB group is ridiculously censored and she has her henchmen to monitor it all the time. So you literally can't post anything or get told off straight away. Eh. Also that time with Different Dimension was a bit odd too, I had already started a Paypal dispute by the time she bothered to offer a solution.

My EPs shipped yesterday too, but they are going to the US first. I didn't want to risk customs again, but someone said that the $24 she now puts on the package just slips through customs, so that's good.

This is such a pretty polish! I think I've worn it, too.

My mother manages to annoy me, too! :scream:

I've never had anything special at NY either, not even own fire works!

Anna looks lovely (and pretty combo!), I only got Ariel.

:boink: Congrats!

Looks pretty though! I like the transparency.

Those green Glams! :yumyum: Pretty manis, love the first one and the glitters are nice in the second. Reminds me of some KBS glitters.

Hey, Anneri! Nice to hear from you. Great that you've managed to arrange things for your upcoming move. Hope you will be able to stay online with us. Too bad the prices are hiked up down there, I'm confident you will have some possibilities though, like the Asian brands (Japanese and Korean), not to mention the Asian/Aussie NP. Hope you will get a new phone soon, it's a big bummer to loose one's phone.

I'm trying to get the FF trio from a retailer, not ordering from there now. I've been splurging on shoes, bags, clothes, yarns and other stuff of late :whistle:. I have not ordered anything but the Enchanteds this year (a few still on their way though), and from shops only got a few discounted Chanels & YSL, and two from Kiko once I got to go there.

Sorry about the formulas, it's a cute mani though.

Bette looks very nice! Sorry about your flu, hope you're feeling better already.

Uh, I have not posted manis in ages. Coming soon...

Wow, what a lot of gorgeous manis! I especially love the EdMs and FFs and the last one with the EP and EvP! :heart:

Multithanks!

I've just booked our summer holiday to Portugal, so I seriously need to budget now. I don't have any extra money for the holiday really as what my husband pays us only covers the day to day stuff (which is already a lot with 3 children, 3 cats, a dog and a large house to maintain), but luckily I have some savings. I really wanted to have a beach holiday this year as we had to miss our planned holiday to Portugal 2 years ago due to the huge issues with my daughter. I'm also painfully aware that my eldest is now 14 (15 this year) and will not want to go on holiday with us soon. :(

That said, I managed to order some polishes yesterday despite saying I wasn't going to. Anyone heard of Polished for Days? Wow, she makes gorgeous polishes! Also got a few things from Harlow & Co, hope they arrive without any problems.

I also picked up a few polishes in Superdrug and TKMaxx yesterday. :oops:

Anitacska

I have an iPhone... I can choose an image from my phone but when I tap the 'upload file' button it does nothing. Maybe it's a Safari problem... Oh well, I need to put the photos on my computer and delete them off the phone regularly anyway because the phone doesn't have as much storage as my old one.

Nice little haul and pretty mani, I really like Anna.

Thanks! I've had it for a few years and I finally put it on!

Great red! Sorry it was more sheer than you hoped for.

Great haul and pretty manis, I really like the second one! sorry about your thumb :(

Oh no sorry about your phone :(
Nice to have such a convenient Sephora :D It's going to be a big adventure!

very nice, glad you could solve the gloop issues a bit!

Sorry, I forgot to quote this. Multithanks! :flowers::thanx:

Anitacska

My current mani is Zoya Noel with Zoya Twila on the accents.

20160115_095914.jpg

I was really curious to find out which ones were my oldest untrieds after PQ's post, so I found my old blogpost from November 2011 where I took pictures of my HUGE stash of about 180 polishes (lol). Crossreferenced with my spreadsheet and found that I still have about 65 untried polishes from 2011. So I decided that every week this year I will use at least one of them, so by the end of the year I can say I have no more untrieds older than 5 years (you gotta aim low). These two Zoyas were among those, together with some China Glaze, Color Club, OPI, Models Own, Sally Hansen, etc. polishes. These Zoyas were from the 2011 holiday collection. Interestingly (or maybe not, lol) Twila seems to now have silver and blue bar glitters instead of just blue like my original photos and most swatches online show. Curiouser and curiouser.

PearlyQueen

View attachment 51262

View attachment 51263

Two recent manis:

View attachment 51264

View attachment 51265

View attachment 51266

Lovely manis - and a stunning haul! I have a few of the Alphabet City polishes on the way too!

PearlyQueen

OMG It's come around soon! Hope you liked Shanghai, sorry about the phone, and I really hope you'll still be able to post when you've moved.

Latest posts