Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

My current mani is WingDust Total Pink Bomb with Lilypad Saint and some stamping. The WD was a pain in the backside, very thick and gloopy, but after struggling with trying to get it to even out, I added some thinner and that helped. It's a very pretty colour though. The Lilypad has a lovely pink sheen to it. The stamping polish (Hit the Bottle Psycho Pink) gave me some trouble too, it's too thick and dried very quickly, so didn't transfer well onto the nails.

View attachment 51309

That's a very pretty pink - so sorry to hear it was tricksy though.

PearlyQueen

ugh internet connection issues all day(they were doing repairs and hopefully are done) and the plumber has to come back again tomorrow because the valve was the wrong size and my cold will not go away- I think my nose will fall off. lol rant over

This was my New Years mani:
Picture Polish Bette

View attachment 51329

View attachment 51330

3 coats, it was more than a week before it chipped! and the holo in it is just lovely, a really nice blue.

There probably wont be another mani until I can stop blowing my nose every 5 seconds lol
Hope you're feeling better now. That's a pretty mani - if you had to be stuck with a single polish throughout your cold, that's a nice one!

PearlyQueen

PearlyQueen

PearlyQueen

My current mani is Zoya Noel with Zoya Twila on the accents.

View attachment 51376

I was really curious to find out which ones were my oldest untrieds after PQ's post, so I found my old blogpost from November 2011 where I took pictures of my HUGE stash of about 180 polishes (lol). Crossreferenced with my spreadsheet and found that I still have about 65 untried polishes from 2011. So I decided that every week this year I will use at least one of them, so by the end of the year I can say I have no more untrieds older than 5 years (you gotta aim low). These two Zoyas were among those, together with some China Glaze, Color Club, OPI, Models Own, Sally Hansen, etc. polishes. These Zoyas were from the 2011 holiday collection. Interestingly (or maybe not, lol) Twila seems to now have silver and blue bar glitters instead of just blue like my original photos and most swatches online show. Curiouser and curiouser.

Lol, can't believe you're planning a year of manis around my throwaway line! This however is very pretty. Shame if the glitter has lost it's colour, though it looks good anyway!

Anitacska

My new mani is Femme Fatale Wonderland:
View attachment 51437

Aah, this is so pretty.

Lovely manis - and a stunning haul! I have a few of the Alphabet City polishes on the way too!

Thank you!

Which ones are you getting?

That's a very pretty pink - so sorry to hear it was tricksy though.

Thanks.

Lol, can't believe you're planning a year of manis around my throwaway line! This however is very pretty. Shame if the glitter has lost it's colour, though it looks good anyway!

Hahaha, I actually thought it was a good idea to know what really old untrieds I have. It might help me focus and steer me away from buying loads of new polishes. Although none of those are indies of course, I only started buying them in 2012. I'm a bit of a geek/bore, so it was kind of fun to crossreference them against my spreadsheet.

That said, I do have a few haul pictures, I don't seem to be able to resist new polishes still. Sigh.

20160114_164409.jpg

TKMaxx and Superdrug finds

20160116_150050.jpg

CbL COTM and FF RC exclusives

20160117_113348.jpg

OPI Hello Kitty polishes

My current mani is also Zoya, but these aren't as old as the other 2 were. This is Channing with Maria Luisa on top.

20160117_104940.jpg

MRV

Oh, blimey, -25 C is seriously cold! We sometimes get that in Hungary too, that's why I hate Hungarian winters. I'm really cold here as it is and it's +5 C. But also windy and that makes it feel a lot colder.

Thank you on all counts.

I will let you know on here if there's anything happening in the FF group. The one thing I'm aware of atm is that she's making 3 customs for the HHC (Hella Holo Customs) group. Not sure if you're part of that. They look very pretty. Also EdM is having a samples sale soon, but that's not group specific, I don't think.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Harlow & Co. Do these people not realise they live from their customers??? I had a fallout with Annette from RC, her FB group is ridiculously censored and she has her henchmen to monitor it all the time. So you literally can't post anything or get told off straight away. Eh. Also that time with Different Dimension was a bit odd too, I had already started a Paypal dispute by the time she bothered to offer a solution.

My EPs shipped yesterday too, but they are going to the US first. I didn't want to risk customs again, but someone said that the $24 she now puts on the package just slips through customs, so that's good.

Wow, what a lot of gorgeous manis! I especially love the EdMs and FFs and the last one with the EP and EvP! :heart:

Multithanks!

I've just booked our summer holiday to Portugal, so I seriously need to budget now. I don't have any extra money for the holiday really as what my husband pays us only covers the day to day stuff (which is already a lot with 3 children, 3 cats, a dog and a large house to maintain), but luckily I have some savings. I really wanted to have a beach holiday this year as we had to miss our planned holiday to Portugal 2 years ago due to the huge issues with my daughter. I'm also painfully aware that my eldest is now 14 (15 this year) and will not want to go on holiday with us soon. :(

That said, I managed to order some polishes yesterday despite saying I wasn't going to. Anyone heard of Polished for Days? Wow, she makes gorgeous polishes! Also got a few things from Harlow & Co, hope they arrive without any problems.

I also picked up a few polishes in Superdrug and TKMaxx yesterday. :oops:

Looks like we are in a hot spot after all - we have only about -10C now. Not far from here, up north/east, they've have had around -30C today. After you spend some time in -30C, the -20C feels quite nice actually! :p

I can imagine the Puszta winds. We get breezes directly from Siberia! Do you often go back home?

Thanks! I think my np purchaces will be quite low from now on. As I said, I've been getting other things and fallen behind with one brand I've collected (also missed a few things that will be hard to get now), and just noticed today that they are putting out more stuff soon.

RC- that is so ridiculous! That censorship backfires in the end.

EP - you mean she puts $24 for three now?

Thanks!

Portugal sounds lovely! Hmm, my cousin's daughter lives there... I'm more of a town holiday person myself, not a sunbather.

My current mani is Zoya Noel with Zoya Twila on the accents.

View attachment 51376

I was really curious to find out which ones were my oldest untrieds after PQ's post, so I found my old blogpost from November 2011 where I took pictures of my HUGE stash of about 180 polishes (lol). Crossreferenced with my spreadsheet and found that I still have about 65 untried polishes from 2011. So I decided that every week this year I will use at least one of them, so by the end of the year I can say I have no more untrieds older than 5 years (you gotta aim low). These two Zoyas were among those, together with some China Glaze, Color Club, OPI, Models Own, Sally Hansen, etc. polishes. These Zoyas were from the 2011 holiday collection. Interestingly (or maybe not, lol) Twila seems to now have silver and blue bar glitters instead of just blue like my original photos and most swatches online show. Curiouser and curiouser.

Hey, they seem to work fine! People always ask me "don't the polishes dry up" (and "just how many do you have"), and I'm like what? I might be able to find out my oldest polishes if I search my email. Probably some CGs.

All sooo pretty! I'm really kicking myself I didn't buy Cydonia Glimmer though, it was in and out of various baskets, but when I finally made up my mind, it was gone! It looks even prettier on than I'd expected.

Some stunners there too, EdM does make a lovely polish!

Love a holiday mani pic!
I think the EP is my pick of these ones! But they're all gorgeous of course!

Thank you, PQ! I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of Cydonia Glimmer myself.

View attachment 51437

It's very pretty!

Aah, this is so pretty.

Thank you!

Thanks.

Hahaha, I actually thought it was a good idea to know what really old untrieds I have. It might help me focus and steer me away from buying loads of new polishes. Although none of those are indies of course, I only started buying them in 2012. I'm a bit of a geek/bore, so it was kind of fun to crossreference them against my spreadsheet.

That said, I do have a few haul pictures, I don't seem to be able to resist new polishes still. Sigh.

View attachment 51477

View attachment 51478

View attachment 51479

OPI Hello Kitty polishes

My current mani is also Zoya, but these aren't as old as the other 2 were. This is Channing with Maria Luisa on top.

View attachment 51480

Oh, that RC exclusive Copper something is lovely! I also got one of those HK polishes, the blue one. Pretty Zoyas, love the orange.

Anneri

View attachment 51437

What a lovely polish! Beautiful!

Aah, this is so pretty.

Thank you!

Thanks.

View attachment 51477

View attachment 51478

View attachment 51479

OPI Hello Kitty polishes

View attachment 51480

I like the coppery mani! I also want some of the OPI HK polishes, and I'm ashamed to say it's just for the HK bottles. :eek:
Before Christmas I went through my stash of makeup and nailpolish and through out a lot of the older stuff and gave them to the local refugee center, so I don't have any really old untrieds! I think my oldest ones are from 2014 and are Kiko polishes.

Latest: Fun Distinct (2015 LE) and Dior 997 Blue Label

View attachment 51524

YSL #61 Brun Henné

View attachment 51525

Super pretty manis! I just got my first YSL polish over the weekend, the new one from the Spring Collection, Green Peace. Looks a bit like EDM Copper Patina. Haven't tried it yet though.

I'm wearing a lot of my older favourite nailpolishes atm, and botching nail art attempts, lol! Also ripped off some nails, argh. Not a great year's beginning for polished nails!

Anitacska

Looks like we are in a hot spot after all - we have only about -10C now. Not far from here, up north/east, they've have had around -30C today. After you spend some time in -30C, the -20C feels quite nice actually! :p

I can imagine the Puszta winds. We get breezes directly from Siberia! Do you often go back home?

Thanks! I think my np purchaces will be quite low from now on. As I said, I've been getting other things and fallen behind with one brand I've collected (also missed a few things that will be hard to get now), and just noticed today that they are putting out more stuff soon.

Thanks!

Portugal sounds lovely! Hmm, my cousin's daughter lives there... I'm more of a town holiday person myself, not a sunbather.

Hey, they seem to work fine! People always ask me "don't the polishes dry up" (and "just how many do you have"), and I'm like what? I might be able to find out my oldest polishes if I search my email. Probably some CGs.

It's very pretty!

Oh, that RC exclusive Copper something is lovely! I also got one of those HK polishes, the blue one. Pretty Zoyas, love the orange.

Thank you.

Very cold here as well, it was -4 C at night. I know it's not very cold per se, but it is for the south of England. We even had a bit of snow on Sunday!

No, we don't go to Hungary very often at all. Last time we went was June 2014. We were going to go this summer, but I don't have a budget for two holidays, so I've decided not to. Never go in the winter now, I think we last went about 9 years ago. Too cold and my Mum's place is too small for 7 (or now only 6, but still). It's okay in the spring/summer, when you can go outside.

I'd love to do more city holidays, but with 3 children in tow it's not ideal. Would love to go to Iceland one day, and hoping to go back to Finland and Sweden soon too. A beach holiday however is much easier with children.

Yes, apparently EP put $24 for 3 polishes. It's still borderline and would worry me, but I might try it next time, especially if I have nothing else going to Stackry.

All my old polishes work fine, well, except maybe a handful, I did throw out a couple of dried in ones, and that Color Club faded massively, but 99% is still fine.

Latest: Fun Distinct (2015 LE) and Dior 997 Blue Label

View attachment 51524

YSL #61 Brun Henné

View attachment 51525

The Fun mani is gorgeous!

What a lovely polish! Beautiful!

I like the coppery mani! I also want some of the OPI HK polishes, and I'm ashamed to say it's just for the HK bottles. :eek:

Before Christmas I went through my stash of makeup and nailpolish and through out a lot of the older stuff and gave them to the local refugee center, so I don't have any really old untrieds! I think my oldest ones are from 2014 and are Kiko polishes.

Super pretty manis! I just got my first YSL polish over the weekend, the new one from the Spring Collection, Green Peace. Looks a bit like EDM Copper Patina. Haven't tried it yet though.

I'm wearing a lot of my older favourite nailpolishes atm, and botching nail art attempts, lol! Also ripped off some nails, argh. Not a great year's beginning for polished nails!

Ouch! Sorry about your nails! :(

Nothing to be ashamed about, HK is cute. I have some HK socks and both my daughters think I'm weird, lol. They used to love HK, but are obviously too cool for it now.

Thank you. Zoya does make some pretty polishes. Probably my favourite mainstream brand, also doesn't chip on me too quickly unlike CG.

Well done on donating some of your stuff! I donate clothes and toys all the time, but didn't think about np/mu.

Anitacska

Current mani is Femme Fatale Faux Pas and Edge of the Cosmos

20160119_104924.jpg

Also one little polish purchased, it's Smitten Kenyan Sunset, one of the HHC polishes from a few months ago.

20160120_104051.jpg

Anitacska

Public service announcement!

Femme Fatale posted this on Facebook in case you're not on FB or missed it:

NOTICE OF FAULTY ITEM
Please note batches 1-4 of colour LOVES WOUND is affected by a faulty pigment. This causes fading from the purple to a bright pink.

Please check your unit when you can. If you purchased from a distributor, please EMAIL THEM DIRECTLY with your order number. They are instructed to provide refunds for affected units.
If you purchased from the Femme Fatale website, please email uswith your order number at [email protected]
Labels must be crossed out to process a refund, to prevent it being resold under the impression of being without flaws.
Note we can only process refunds for those with proof of purchase from an authorised distributor or our own website.
Love's Wound has already been reformulated and the new version will be available in our next presale at a reduced price. The colour is slightly less vibrant however it will not have the fading issues caused by the pigment (which has already been discarded from our workshop).
Our sincerest apologies to our customers for this error. Please contact us should you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you!

Loves wound.jpg loves wound2.jpg

Mine looks like this:

20160121_113815.jpg

Anitacska

Current mani is a new-old mix, Zoya Ivanka (this week's 2011 untried) with Different Dimension Luck & Leprechauns. I love this one, the Zoya is so pretty and the DD is so sparkly!

20160121_103011.jpg

PearlyQueen

Aah, this is so pretty.

Thank you!

Thanks.

View attachment 51477

View attachment 51478

View attachment 51479

OPI Hello Kitty polishes

View attachment 51480

Thanks!
I got School for Monsters, It Sucks to be Me, Not Wearing Underwear, Shadenfreude and The Internet Is For Pourn - was very tempted by Special and Mixtape, may go back at a later date!
I adore your Zoya mani, especially Channing - I only have one Zoya and I haven't worn it yet.
I didn't know about RC getting those exclusive FFs, I'm really sad I missed out on those. Was it another secret facebook group announcement?

PearlyQueen

Thanks!

It's very pretty!

So sorry you don't love Cydonia Glimmer, because I do!

Latest posts