Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Public service announcement!

Femme Fatale posted this on Facebook in case you're not on FB or missed it:

NOTICE OF FAULTY ITEM
Please note batches 1-4 of colour LOVES WOUND is affected by a faulty pigment. This causes fading from the purple to a bright pink.

Please check your unit when you can. If you purchased from a distributor, please EMAIL THEM DIRECTLY with your order number. They are instructed to provide refunds for affected units.
If you purchased from the Femme Fatale website, please email uswith your order number at [email protected]
Labels must be crossed out to process a refund, to prevent it being resold under the impression of being without flaws.
Note we can only process refunds for those with proof of purchase from an authorised distributor or our own website.
Love's Wound has already been reformulated and the new version will be available in our next presale at a reduced price. The colour is slightly less vibrant however it will not have the fading issues caused by the pigment (which has already been discarded from our workshop).
Our sincerest apologies to our customers for this error. Please contact us should you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you!

View attachment 51561 View attachment 51562

Mine looks like this:

View attachment 51563
I didn't buy this - are you getting sorted out? Looks like you've got a dodgy one to me.

Anitacska

I will comment later, but here's a few pics:

View attachment 51589 EP Iceberg Lake and Yeti the Stone Warrior (appropiately frosty!)
View attachment 51590 FF Pyramids on Mars
View attachment 51591 Random haul - I got these for ten Euros a pop so there was no resistance from my part!

Both manis are very pretty and who doesn't love a bargain? ;)

Thanks!
I got School for Monsters, It Sucks to be Me, Not Wearing Underwear, Shadenfreude and The Internet Is For Pourn - was very tempted by Special and Mixtape, may go back at a later date!
I adore your Zoya mani, especially Channing - I only have one Zoya and I haven't worn it yet.
I didn't know about RC getting those exclusive FFs, I'm really sad I missed out on those. Was it another secret facebook group announcement?

Good choices! Did you see the Valentine trio and the Mei Mei exclusive duo?

Thanks.

No, there was an e-mail about the launch from RC, it wasn't secret or anything. They're showing as coming soon, so I'm sure there'll be another restock soon.

Really pretty mani, and I adore that Smitten

Thank you!

I didn't buy this - are you getting sorted out? Looks like you've got a dodgy one to me.

Yes, she's refunded me already. It's really pretty as it is actually, but if there's refund on offer, I'd be mad not to take it. I'll probably buy the new version too at some point.

Pretty - love the sparkly DD!

Thank you!

Anitacska

Having a bit of a crappy time at the moment, so when I managed to get away for a bit of retail therapy yesterday, I went a bit crazy. But in my defence, most of them were very very cheap. ;)

20160124_194904.jpg

The bottom two sets were £9.99 each in TKMaxx, but annoyingly I later found the CG set in Sally's for 2 quid cheaper. Eh. This was inside them:

20160124_195500.jpg

Also picked up a few Kikos (£2.50 each), Morgan Taylor from Sally's (£3-ish) and a Topshop polish:

20160124_195010.jpg

I also had a small haul from Harlow & Co arrive last week:

20160122_121215.jpg

Two recent manis, first is Glam Polish Moana with Glam Whiteout on the accents.

20160123_110910.jpg 20160123_111111.jpg

Second and current mani is one of the new Kikos (the one on the left, no. 504) with an old flakie polish Lorena Cinderella (it was a freebie from Llarowe once):

20160125_103503.jpg 20160125_130104.jpg

Incredibly annoying polish, it's not coral and it's not as light as the second picture shows. It's a medium coral pink with glitters, very pretty irl, but my camera said no.

MRV

What a lovely polish! Beautiful!

I like the coppery mani! I also want some of the OPI HK polishes, and I'm ashamed to say it's just for the HK bottles. :eek:
Before Christmas I went through my stash of makeup and nailpolish and through out a lot of the older stuff and gave them to the local refugee center, so I don't have any really old untrieds! I think my oldest ones are from 2014 and are Kiko polishes.

Super pretty manis! I just got my first YSL polish over the weekend, the new one from the Spring Collection, Green Peace. Looks a bit like EDM Copper Patina. Haven't tried it yet though.

I'm wearing a lot of my older favourite nailpolishes atm, and botching nail art attempts, lol! Also ripped off some nails, argh. Not a great year's beginning for polished nails!

Hey, I got mine mainly for the bottle, too. I'm not a fan and it's just a sleeve, so it's just :crazy: ! That's really nice to donate. I have not heard that you could do so here, they are mainly in need of men's clothes in which I'm no help.

Thanks and congrats on you first YSL! GP looks really nice and springy. Hope you're nails are healed for it already!

Thank you.

Very cold here as well, it was -4 C at night. I know it's not very cold per se, but it is for the south of England. We even had a bit of snow on Sunday!

No, we don't go to Hungary very often at all. Last time we went was June 2014. We were going to go this summer, but I don't have a budget for two holidays, so I've decided not to. Never go in the winter now, I think we last went about 9 years ago. Too cold and my Mum's place is too small for 7 (or now only 6, but still). It's okay in the spring/summer, when you can go outside.

I'd love to do more city holidays, but with 3 children in tow it's not ideal. Would love to go to Iceland one day, and hoping to go back to Finland and Sweden soon too. A beach holiday however is much easier with children.

Yes, apparently EP put $24 for 3 polishes. It's still borderline and would worry me, but I might try it next time, especially if I have nothing else going to Stackry.

All my old polishes work fine, well, except maybe a handful, I did throw out a couple of dried in ones, and that Color Club faded massively, but 99% is still fine.

The Fun mani is gorgeous!

Ouch! Sorry about your nails! :(

Nothing to be ashamed about, HK is cute. I have some HK socks and both my daughters think I'm weird, lol. They used to love HK, but are obviously too cool for it now.

Thank you. Zoya does make some pretty polishes. Probably my favourite mainstream brand, also doesn't chip on me too quickly unlike CG.

Well done on donating some of your stuff! I donate clothes and toys all the time, but didn't think about np/mu.
'

Hope you can travel around here and to Iceland one day. That's one country I have not been to either. Luckily it's more reasonnable these days.

Thanks!

Current mani is Femme Fatale Faux Pas and Edge of the Cosmos

View attachment 51536

Also one little polish purchased, it's Smitten Kenyan Sunset, one of the HHC polishes from a few months ago.

View attachment 51537

Pretty combo and I like the name of the Smitten!

Public service announcement!

Femme Fatale posted this on Facebook in case you're not on FB or missed it:

NOTICE OF FAULTY ITEM
Please note batches 1-4 of colour LOVES WOUND is affected by a faulty pigment. This causes fading from the purple to a bright pink.

Please check your unit when you can. If you purchased from a distributor, please EMAIL THEM DIRECTLY with your order number. They are instructed to provide refunds for affected units.
If you purchased from the Femme Fatale website, please email uswith your order number at [email protected]
Labels must be crossed out to process a refund, to prevent it being resold under the impression of being without flaws.
Note we can only process refunds for those with proof of purchase from an authorised distributor or our own website.
Love's Wound has already been reformulated and the new version will be available in our next presale at a reduced price. The colour is slightly less vibrant however it will not have the fading issues caused by the pigment (which has already been discarded from our workshop).
Our sincerest apologies to our customers for this error. Please contact us should you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you!

View attachment 51561 View attachment 51562

Mine looks like this:

View attachment 51563

I remebered to check out mine yesterday. It's from batch 2. Have to :type: her now. Speaking of FF - she's not putting out a new collection for Feb - only two old ones?

Current mani is a new-old mix, Zoya Ivanka (this week's 2011 untried) with Different Dimension Luck & Leprechauns. I love this one, the Zoya is so pretty and the DD is so sparkly!

View attachment 51564

Yes, very sparkly and pretty!

Very nice!

Thanks, AWC!

I adore that first mani!

Very nice and a bargain!
Very pretty manis too, don't have any of those (at least not that I recall!).

Thanks, PQ. Well, who does remember all things in one's stash?! :write:

Thanks.

No, there was an e-mail about the launch from RC, it wasn't secret or anything. They're showing as coming soon, so I'm sure there'll be another restock soon.

Thank you!

Yes, she's refunded me already. It's really pretty as it is actually, but if there's refund on offer, I'd be mad not to take it. I'll probably buy the new version too at some point.

Thank you!

Thanks! The problem is that the same day I got a few more! :angel:

Having a bit of a crappy time at the moment, so when I managed to get away for a bit of retail therapy yesterday, I went a bit crazy. But in my defence, most of them were very very cheap. ;)

View attachment 51706

The bottom two sets were £9.99 each in TKMaxx, but annoyingly I later found the CG set in Sally's for 2 quid cheaper. Eh. This was inside them:

View attachment 51707

Also picked up a few Kikos (£2.50 each), Morgan Taylor from Sally's (£3-ish) and a Topshop polish:

View attachment 51708

View attachment 51709

View attachment 51710 View attachment 51711

Second and current mani is one of the new Kikos (the one on the left, no. 504) with an old flakie polish Lorena Cinderella (it was a freebie from Llarowe once):

View attachment 51712 View attachment 51713

Incredibly annoying polish, it's not coral and it's not as light as the second picture shows. It's a medium coral pink with glitters, very pretty irl, but my camera said no.

Nice finds! I should have bought that CC bottle green OPI, too, but it was not urgent. Buuut, I actually got lucky when I bought a bunch of those discounted polishes the other day: I spotted one orange OPI and got it. When I checked it out, it was the orange from the ColaCola Collection I had wanted to buy but it was not released in the US (there it was a glitter not a creme) but did not want to pay almost 20 Euros for it here.

Love the first mani! Sorry about the Lorena one, maybe it was not popular for a reason and hence a freebie.

Anitacska

Hey, I got mine mainly for the bottle, too. I'm not a fan and it's just a sleeve, so it's just :crazy: ! That's really nice to donate. I have not heard that you could do so here, they are mainly in need of men's clothes in which I'm no help.

Thanks and congrats on you first YSL! GP looks really nice and springy. Hope you're nails are healed for it already!

Hope you can travel around here and to Iceland one day. That's one country I have not been to either. Luckily it's more reasonnable these days.

Thanks!

I remebered to check out mine yesterday. It's from batch 2. Have to :type: her now. Speaking of FF - she's not putting out a new collection for Feb - only two old ones?

Thanks, AWC!

Nice finds! I should have bought that CC bottle green OPI, too, but it was not urgent. Buuut, I actually got lucky when I bought a bunch of those discounted polishes the other day: I spotted one orange OPI and got it. When I checked it out, it was the orange from the ColaCola Collection I had wanted to buy but it was not released in the US (there it was a glitter not a creme) but did not want to pay almost 20 Euros for it here.

Love the first mani! Sorry about the Lorena one, maybe it was not popular for a reason and hence a freebie.

Thanks. It wasn't the Lorena that gave me trouble, it was the Kiko. Perfectly nice polish and very pretty colour, but just would not photograph well.

I think FF is putting out a new collection in Feb, but it won't be until the 8th. I'm really excited about the COTM because she chose my inspiration picture for it. It was this picture:

purple rose.jpg

Edit:You're right, no new collections in February. Now I have to figure out how to buy the COTM. Hope stockists get it.

Latest manis: Dior 804 Perfecto

View attachment 51734

and Glam Ice Palace (accent over CC Berry Good Looking). Unfortunately our winter has turned into a pool of wet and messy snow, ice and rain :(

View attachment 51735

First mani is so elegant, and what a great combo for the second one. Would never have thought about layering IP over BGL, but it works.

Last edited:

Anitacska

Current mani is Glam Polish Deceptive Practice and the brown polish is from the Andrea Fulerton duo Petrol in the Water (2011 untried). It comes with a blue to pink duochrome topcoat, but decided not to use that. Instead popped some stamping on using my trusty YSL Yellow Gold polish. I'm very pleased with this mani if I may say so myself. :)

20160127_111028.jpg 20160127_141312.jpg

Anneri

'

Thanks!

Thanks, AWC!

Well, I reckon they didn't 'need' my makeup and polishes - but one of my friends teaches German there, and she told me that it was a big hit with the women and girls and provided a bit of much needed lightheartedness - which made me glad.
It actually convinced me to urge all my makeup addict real life friends to do something similar, because we all have stuff that just lies around somewhere, and if it gives someone joy in a bleak world, then it's well-done! (I'll step down from the soapbox now. I don't want to come across as some kind of weird missionary here, it just gave me joy that my old stuff could make someone really happy.)

Go to Iceland, you two! As soon as possible! It was one of the best vacations I've ever been on and one of the most beautiful countries I've ever been to (next to Hawaii).

Latest manis: Dior 804 Perfecto

View attachment 51734

and Glam Ice Palace (accent over CC Berry Good Looking). Unfortunately our winter has turned into a pool of wet and messy snow, ice and rain :(

View attachment 51735

Oh so perfect!!!!!

Thanks. It wasn't the Lorena that gave me trouble, it was the Kiko. Perfectly nice polish and very pretty colour, but just would not photograph well.

I think FF is putting out a new collection in Feb, but it won't be until the 8th. I'm really excited about the COTM because she chose my inspiration picture for it. It was this picture:

View attachment 51736

First mani is so elegant, and what a great combo for the second one. Would never have thought about layering IP over BGL, but it works.

Current mani is Glam Polish Deceptive Practice and the brown polish is from the Andrea Fulerton duo Petrol in the Water (2011 untried). It comes with a blue to pink duochrome topcoat, but decided not to use that. Instead popped some stamping on using my trusty YSL Yellow Gold polish. I'm very pleased with this mani if I may say so myself. :)

View attachment 51738 View attachment 51739

Wow, congrats for providing the inspo for FF! I bet that's exciting! Beautiful pic, btw. You've to post a pic here to show us how the actual polish turns out!

Beautiful mani - so elegant!

PearlyQueen

Thanks.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thanks, glad I chose some good ones! I really do fancy the Valentines ones too, though the MeiMei duo doesn't float my boat.
I don't know how I managed to miss the FF, hopefully in the restock!
Glad you got your refund!

PearlyQueen

View attachment 51706

View attachment 51707

View attachment 51708

View attachment 51709

View attachment 51710 View attachment 51711

View attachment 51712 View attachment 51713

Sorry you're not having a good time, but good shopping skills - some real bargains (though a pig about spotting it cheaper afterwards!). Hope things are picking up for you.
Two lovely manis - Moana's my pick of these polishes, must wear it!

PearlyQueen

View attachment 51736

Edit:You're right, no new collections in February. Now I have to figure out how to buy the COTM. Hope stockists get it.

OMG how exciting you got to choose the pic! And it's a stunning pic, I will definitely have to get that if the polish lives up to it!

PearlyQueen

View attachment 51738 View attachment 51739

Very elegant - I like it!

Anitacska

Well, I reckon they didn't 'need' my makeup and polishes - but one of my friends teaches German there, and she told me that it was a big hit with the women and girls and provided a bit of much needed lightheartedness - which made me glad.
It actually convinced me to urge all my makeup addict real life friends to do something similar, because we all have stuff that just lies around somewhere, and if it gives someone joy in a bleak world, then it's well-done! (I'll step down from the soapbox now. I don't want to come across as some kind of weird missionary here, it just gave me joy that my old stuff could make someone really happy.)

Go to Iceland, you two! As soon as possible! It was one of the best vacations I've ever been on and one of the most beautiful countries I've ever been to (next to Hawaii).

Oh so perfect!!!!!

Wow, congrats for providing the inspo for FF! I bet that's exciting! Beautiful pic, btw. You've to post a pic here to show us how the actual polish turns out!

Beautiful mani - so elegant!

I wish I could, but not possible right now. Maybe one day. Hawaii would also be nice (dream on....).

Thank you. Well, she didn't choose it strictly, it was voted for by the group, but still, it's my picture the COTM will be based on. :)

Thanks.

Thanks, glad I chose some good ones! I really do fancy the Valentines ones too, though the MeiMei duo doesn't float my boat.
I don't know how I managed to miss the FF, hopefully in the restock!
Glad you got your refund!

To be honest, I think the whole collection is great, so hard to choose badly, lol.

I got both the duo and the trio, the duo arrived today, will show you later.

Apparently Beauty So Fly will have 2 new FF exclusives next month as well.

Thanks.

Sorry you're not having a good time, but good shopping skills - some real bargains (though a pig about spotting it cheaper afterwards!). Hope things are picking up for you.
Two lovely manis - Moana's my pick of these polishes, must wear it!

Thanks. Things are still no better, but I'm managing okay. Going to London to meet a friend on Sunday should help a bit.

Thank you. Moana is really beautiful.

OMG how exciting you got to choose the pic! And it's a stunning pic, I will definitely have to get that if the polish lives up to it!

Thank you. It was voted for by others, but still, it's my choice, so yay! Can't wait to see what she comes up with.

Very elegant - I like it!

Thank you.

Anitacska

New Enchanted Polishes coming soon (no date yet). Hope it's a pre-order, I'm tired of fighting for her polishes.

Enchanted Polish 2016.png

Glam Polish duo from Mei Mei:

20160129_110953.jpg

I can see these may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the mauve colour is especially very pretty. It has gold microflakies as well. The peach one has silver ones I think.

My current mani, Dance Legend Termo Shine 182. It's mostly a dark purple on me because I'm cold, but it changes to a nice fuchsia in warm water.

20160129_090108.jpg 20160129_111229.jpg

I wanted to wait until all my nails are nice and long before I use this, but that's never going to happen. The nails on my right hand are all quite short actually, so when I take this off, I'll be trimming my nails on my left hand down.

PearlyQueen

New Enchanted Polishes coming soon (no date yet). Hope it's a pre-order, I'm tired of fighting for her polishes.

View attachment 51802

Glam Polish duo from Mei Mei:

View attachment 51803

I can see these may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the mauve colour is especially very pretty. It has gold microflakies as well. The peach one has silver ones I think.

My current mani, Dance Legend Termo Shine 182. It's mostly a dark purple on me because I'm cold, but it changes to a nice fuchsia in warm water.

View attachment 51804 View attachment 51805

I wanted to wait until all my nails are nice and long before I use this, but that's never going to happen. The nails on my right hand are all quite short actually, so when I take this off, I'll be trimming my nails on my left hand down.

Oops, I need at least three of those EPs!
Still not envious of the Glams, not saying they're not pretty, but they're not for me I think.
Pretty thermo though, it's nice when they "perform"!

Anitacska

Oops, I need at least three of those EPs!
Still not envious of the Glams, not saying they're not pretty, but they're not for me I think.
Pretty thermo though, it's nice when they "perform"!

They are very pretty. I might get them all, except maybe the nude one, and the silver one depending on what it's like up close. Some swatches would be helpful.

No, I totally understand that. Just saying that the mauve one looks a lot prettier irl. But I know you prefer brighter colours. I have a feeling there'll be plenty of those in the upcoming collection and trio. (There was a post on them on FB, but no pictures/swatches yet.)

Thanks. Yeah, I like this one.

Latest posts