Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Veeeeeeery pretty manis (and pedis!) all around! I especially liked Anitacska's red one, MRV's green one and PQ's EP!

i'm back from Singapore with my FFs (Grace did drop them off at the hotel when we were out to have dinner, so we haven't actually met) here they are! (With a token kpt polish)

View attachment 53856

View attachment 53857

That's FF But a dream with glam florals for spring marbled on top. A bit of a marbling fail, but the FF was so sheer in the warm state that I really needed to add something. It was so funny, I put the FF on when I still was in Singapore and couldn't believe how sheer and pale that nice turquoise polish looked on my nails - and then I realized it was a thermal and it was just too hot to ever show the cold state!

Very nice - and what a funny surprise! I am fed up with feeling cold...

PearlyQueen

Thank you! Pretty haul and mani! Sounds like you had a nice time in Singapore and yay for Grace dropping off your polishes.

I'm really tired today, stayed up until 2 am last night to catch the Femme Fatale oops sale. Then I couldn't sleep for another hour due to the adrenalin rush. But I'm really happy I've managed to grab all 8, even the ones that only had very limited quantities available (20-50). Yay for me! The May COTM and the two FB group exclusives are so pretty too, once again I'll have 10+ polishes for the DHL delivery.

Was gutted to see that Glam Polish pulled 3 shades from the King collection, I wanted those the most of course. Apparently another indie maker was claiming that the little shards used in those curl and stick out and they're rubbish, so Rachel decided to pull them. But all the bloggers who swatched them said they were fine. I don't know. So I only ordered Viva Las Vegas, but also got the 6 Hawaii polishes and the 2 missing ones from Truly Outrageous.

Anyway, my Stackry stuff came 2 days ago, only took 2 days to arrive, which is very impressive.

View attachment 53858 View attachment 53859 View attachment 53860 View attachment 53861 View attachment 53862

Latest two manis. First is Glam Polish Opulent topped with Essence Gold Fingers that made it crazy sparkly.

View attachment 53863 View attachment 53864

Second is Bear Pawlish Luscious in Holo with Models Own Disco Mix (2011 untried) on the accents. The Bear is pretty, but not really holo.

View attachment 53865 View attachment 53866

Oh and one more thing, I've seen swatches of the new EPs, Pegacorn is so much darker and more green than the bottle shot, Unipeg is pretty, but also seems darker, and Alicorn is just another grey holo with purple sheen. Apparently very similar to Up In Smoke. I will try for Pegacorn if and when she restocks, but passing on Alicorn. Much prefer Majestic to UIS anyway and I have both.

Another fab haul!
Interesting about the EPs, glad I went for it, the paleness did worry me!
Love both your manis - especially the Bear, which I do have!
Didn't know about the FF sale, grrr as usual!
I wanted all four of the Glams they pulled, was guessing it was the sticky-up shards though - I read a review which mentioned them, and I was a bit surprised the advice was to push them in individually with a toothpick - sounds like hard work! They were the only ones I wanted from the King collection (got five of the Hawaiians though) - plus of course the free with collection one, which of course like Evil Queen I was never going to get anyway. Hope the reformulations are as good as the originals, and of course I'll get them when they come out - but single shipping is always better for price.

Anitacska

I knew it would freak someone out...!
These are both really nice manis.

Thank you! Haha, yes, I'm too ODC to do that.

You can never resist a Lilypad!
Nice red and pretty stamping!

I did like the look of the other polishes too. I don't order everything Lilypad brings out, have passed on the What's Indie Box a few times now because the Lilypad just wasn't to my taste (and the other polishes didn't tempt me either). I've ordered the recent My Favourite Things box mostly because of the Ever After, and believe it or not, I'll probably sell the Lilypad from it as it's a red creme which is really not my thing. A friend of mine really likes reds, so hoping she will take it off my hands.

Another fab haul!
Interesting about the EPs, glad I went for it, the paleness did worry me!
Love both your manis - especially the Bear, which I do have!
Didn't know about the FF sale, grrr as usual!
I wanted all four of the Glams they pulled, was guessing it was the sticky-up shards though - I read a review which mentioned them, and I was a bit surprised the advice was to push them in individually with a toothpick - sounds like hard work! They were the only ones I wanted from the King collection (got five of the Hawaiians though) - plus of course the free with collection one, which of course like Evil Queen I was never going to get anyway. Hope the reformulations are as good as the originals, and of course I'll get them when they come out - but single shipping is always better for price.

I wouldn't mind if they were pale, it's the fact that she never provided swatches and her bottle shots are so inaccurate is what bothers me. But Unipeg does look very pretty and so does Pegacorn, hopefully I will be able to order that next time.

Thank you!

About the FF sale, are you on Facebook? It's really worth joining the Femme Fatale Fiends group as most of these sales happen there. She also does group exclusives quite frequently and the voting for COTM shades happens there too. Even if you don't use FB frequently, just make an account for polish related stuff.

Oh yes, you're right, it was 4 polishes she pulled! By the way the red one isn't free, it's just only available if you order the set unlike The Evil Queen was. It's $66 for the 6 polishes, $11.50 for one. Bit cheeky really.

PearlyQueen

Thank you! Haha, yes, I'm too ODC to do that.

I did like the look of the other polishes too. I don't order everything Lilypad brings out, have passed on the What's Indie Box a few times now because the Lilypad just wasn't to my taste (and the other polishes didn't tempt me either). I've ordered the recent My Favourite Things box mostly because of the Ever After, and believe it or not, I'll probably sell the Lilypad from it as it's a red creme which is really not my thing. A friend of mine really likes reds, so hoping she will take it off my hands.

I wouldn't mind if they were pale, it's the fact that she never provided swatches and her bottle shots are so inaccurate is what bothers me. But Unipeg does look very pretty and so does Pegacorn, hopefully I will be able to order that next time.

Thank you!

About the FF sale, are you on Facebook? It's really worth joining the Femme Fatale Fiends group as most of these sales happen there. She also does group exclusives quite frequently and the voting for COTM shades happens there too. Even if you don't use FB frequently, just make an account for polish related stuff.

Oh yes, you're right, it was 4 polishes she pulled! By the way the red one isn't free, it's just only available if you order the set unlike The Evil Queen was. It's $66 for the 6 polishes, $11.50 for one. Bit cheeky really.

I'm not on Facebook - so I guess I miss out on a lot.
I'd misunderstood about the red Glam, so not even free, just making us buy 5 polishes we don't want to be able to pay for the one we do???
These people are now taking the micky (or something!).

Anitacska

I'm not on Facebook - so I guess I miss out on a lot.
I'd misunderstood about the red Glam, so not even free, just making us buy 5 polishes we don't want to be able to pay for the one we do???
These people are now taking the micky (or something!).

Yeah, I thought it would be free, maybe it would've been with the whole 9 polishes? Don't know. I wasn't going to get the set anyway and once she pulled the 4 nicest colours, I only ordered the multicolour glitter one.

This is very pretty. I really must wear more of my FFs.

My current mani is Kiko 277 with Lilypad Lacquer Enrich Your Life. It's more fuchsia than the pictures show, but couldn't get a properly colour accurate one.

20160502_132418.jpg 20160502_132432.jpg

Yesterday I had a bit of time and managed to rearrange my drawers to make space for all my new FFs and Lilypads, but I'm seriously running out of space and I'm about to hit the 4000 mark. :jawsdown: Eeek! Somebody take away my credit cards and my Paypal password, lol.

Anitacska

How is everyone? I'm having a bit of a tough time this week. Two of the children plus I have colds/coughs/dodgy tummies, so I've not had much energy to do anything and I had one or two children at home with me 3 days this week. Last night I was woken up twice by them too. Yawn! :sleeping:

Also feeling a bit down about not being able to stop buying np, I've literally placed an order so far every day this month. And today I had to take my car in to be checked as they found a lot of oil on the engine last time, and it'll cost over £150 to fix. Plus I have to pay car tax this month. And my gas and energy bill has gone up by about 50%. :ouch: Anyone has a rock I could hide under?

Anyway, here are a couple of manis. First is Darling Diva The Witching Hour stamped with Color Alike Fairy Forest. My camera would not want to pick up its true colour, the DD is dark slightly blue-ish green, the CA is medium grass green. Ugh. The picture in the shade is probably the most colour accurate, but doesn't show the holo of course.

20160504_111424.jpg 20160504_111702.jpg 20160504_111911.jpg

The second mani is more of an experiment than a mani, lol. I wanted to wear EP May 2013, but also wanted to see if the Lilypad I had heard is a dupe for it, is actually a dupe. So I ended up wearing the EP on one finger (middle), the Lilypad on two fingers and Elevation Angels Are The Yeti Of The Clouds 2 on the accents. As you can see the LL is not a dupe, it has such a strong violet sheen to it, even though the base colours are very similar. Also, I have to admit, I don't love May 2013 as much as I thought I would. It looks way brighter in the bottle than on my nails. Just as well I didn't pay a fortune for it.

20160506_103541.jpg 20160506_103625.jpg 20160506_103726.jpg

Last edited:

Anitacska

Forgot to show you the only thing that arrived this week, the April My Favourites Box. I have to admit, PearlyQueen, I do love the Lilypad as well, so will be keeping it, lol.

20160504_103936.jpg

PearlyQueen

Yeah, I thought it would be free, maybe it would've been with the whole 9 polishes? Don't know. I wasn't going to get the set anyway and once she pulled the 4 nicest colours, I only ordered the multicolour glitter one.

This is very pretty. I really must wear more of my FFs.

My current mani is Kiko 277 with Lilypad Lacquer Enrich Your Life. It's more fuchsia than the pictures show, but couldn't get a properly colour accurate one.

View attachment 53920 View attachment 53921

Yesterday I had a bit of time and managed to rearrange my drawers to make space for all my new FFs and Lilypads, but I'm seriously running out of space and I'm about to hit the 4000 mark. :jawsdown: Eeek! Somebody take away my credit cards and my Paypal password, lol.

This is lovely! Kiko is a brand I've managed to avoid, but they always look fantastic when I see them.

PearlyQueen

How is everyone? I'm having a bit of a tough time this week. Two of the children plus I have colds/coughs/dodgy tummies, so I've not had much energy to do anything and I had one or two children at home with me 3 days this week. Last night I was woken up twice by them too. Yawn! :sleeping:

Also feeling a bit down about not being able to stop buying np, I've literally placed an order so far every day this month. And today I had to take my car in to be checked as they found a lot of oil on the engine last time, and it'll cost over £150 to fix. Plus I have to pay car tax this month. And my gas and energy bill has gone up by about 50%. :ouch: Anyone has a rock I could hide under?

Anyway, here are a couple of manis. First is Darling Diva The Witching Hour stamped with Color Alike Fairy Forest. My camera would not want to pick up its true colour, the DD is dark slightly blue-ish green, the CA is medium grass green. Ugh. The picture in the shade is probably the most colour accurate, but doesn't show the holo of course.

View attachment 54009 View attachment 54023 View attachment 54024

The second mani is more of an experiment than a mani, lol. I wanted to wear EP May 2013, but also wanted to see if the Lilypad I had heard is a dupe for it, is actually a dupe. So I ended up wearing the EP on one finger (middle), the Lilypad on two fingers and Elevation Angels Are The Yeti Of The Clouds 2 on the accents. As you can see the LL is not a dupe, it has such a strong violet sheen to it, even though the base colours are very similar. Also, I have to admit, I don't love May 2013 as much as I thought I would. It looks way brighter in the bottle than on my nails. Just as well I didn't pay a fortune for it.

View attachment 54025 View attachment 54026 View attachment 54027

Sorry you're having a bit of a tough time hun.
I know what you mean about NP shopping, it is really addictive, and I've been completely unable to stop too, and not even that great at cutting down, though I do try to trim at least a couple of polishes from any orders I'm making!
Your manis look pretty - so sorry about the EP though, it's sooo annoying when something you've wanted for ages turns out disappointing. Looks nice though, and at least you didn't get scalped on the price. The polish I properly envy from these is the Elevation Yeti, I tried and tried to get it when it was being released but failed every time. And now that I've seen it on you, I really wish it was mine!

PearlyQueen

I had a massive breakage on one nail yesterday, it looks awful! Can't decide whether to make them all horrid little stumps together or if I should let it look like a weird stunted dwarf in the middle of the tall beauties around it!!!
My nails have been fairly good for a while now, and any cracks have been caught and repaired before they came right off, this is the first like this for ages. :(
What do you do?

Anitacska

This is lovely! Kiko is a brand I've managed to avoid, but they always look fantastic when I see them.

Thanks. Yes, Kiko polishes are really nice, very affordable and come in loads of stunning colours. I'd definitely recommend them.

Sorry you're having a bit of a tough time hun.
I know what you mean about NP shopping, it is really addictive, and I've been completely unable to stop too, and not even that great at cutting down, though I do try to trim at least a couple of polishes from any orders I'm making!
Your manis look pretty - so sorry about the EP though, it's sooo annoying when something you've wanted for ages turns out disappointing. Looks nice though, and at least you didn't get scalped on the price. The polish I properly envy from these is the Elevation Yeti, I tried and tried to get it when it was being released but failed every time. And now that I've seen it on you, I really wish it was mine!

Thank you. We've had a nice weekend so far, so feeling a bit better.

My biggest achievement for this week was not ordering anything yesterday! Woohoo! :D There's still a few things I really want at the moment, but nothing is urgent, so I'll hold out a bit. I saw on IG that EP will restock the new polishes soon, now I'm thinking I might get Alicorn after all, someone posted some really pretty pictures on FB. Argh!

Thanks. I agree, the EvP is my favourite of the 3 too. It's alright about May 2013, it's pretty and I'm glad I have it, but yeah, it's definitely not that amazing.

That's actually a really pretty box - and I don't blame you for keeping such a stunner of a red!

Thanks. I thought it was more a creme than holo, but it has a nice amount of holo to it and it's not an orangey red which is what I really don't like.

I had a massive breakage on one nail yesterday, it looks awful! Can't decide whether to make them all horrid little stumps together or if I should let it look like a weird stunted dwarf in the middle of the tall beauties around it!!!
My nails have been fairly good for a while now, and any cracks have been caught and repaired before they came right off, this is the first like this for ages. :(
What do you do?

Sorry about the breakage. :( My middle nail broke the other day too. My nails aren't very long usually, so I don't tend to cut them down to the same length, but maybe trim them down a bit to not be too different. If I cut mine down everytime one breaks, I'd never have long nails!

No new mani today, but I did my first pedi of the year last night seeing as it's suddenly summer here in the UK. It's CbL Seahawks Lime. So much holo! :heart:

View attachment 54066

PearlyQueen

Thanks. Yes, Kiko polishes are really nice, very affordable and come in loads of stunning colours. I'd definitely recommend them.

Thank you. We've had a nice weekend so far, so feeling a bit better.

My biggest achievement for this week was not ordering anything yesterday! Woohoo! :D There's still a few things I really want at the moment, but nothing is urgent, so I'll hold out a bit. I saw on IG that EP will restock the new polishes soon, now I'm thinking I might get Alicorn after all, someone posted some really pretty pictures on FB. Argh!

Thanks. I agree, the EvP is my favourite of the 3 too. It's alright about May 2013, it's pretty and I'm glad I have it, but yeah, it's definitely not that amazing.

Thanks. I thought it was more a creme than holo, but it has a nice amount of holo to it and it's not an orangey red which is what I really don't like.

Sorry about the breakage. :( My middle nail broke the other day too. My nails aren't very long usually, so I don't tend to cut them down to the same length, but maybe trim them down a bit to not be too different. If I cut mine down everytime one breaks, I'd never have long nails!

No new mani today, but I did my first pedi of the year last night seeing as it's suddenly summer here in the UK. It's CbL Seahawks Lime. So much holo! :heart:

View attachment 54066

Nice green!

PearlyQueen

OK, I left it, wonder if you'll spot it in my new mani - Powder Perfect Woodcutter:
woodcutter.JPG

My cunning plan of hiding it behind a neutral hasn't really worked!

Anitacska

OK, I left it, wonder if you'll spot it in my new mani - Powder Perfect Woodcutter:
View attachment 54070

My cunning plan of hiding it behind a neutral hasn't really worked!

Hahaha, yeah, can definitely see it. It will grow out quickly I'm sure.

I did a new mani last night too, it's Urban Decay White Widow (2011 untried) with Glam Polish Dreamscape over it. I love this so much.

20160509_102926.jpg 20160509_102950.jpg

My Femme Fatale order is coming on Wednesday, woohoo! Also my C4N order should be here any day now, although the tracking has stopped at LA again as usual. Ugh.

Latest posts