Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Hello! Finally we're back on! Yay!

What browser do you two use? I use Chrome and the pictures aren't huge for me at all.

But I don't like the new layout and it's going to take a lot of getting used to. But at least we still have Specktra....

More importantly though, where did the sofa picture come from?

Anitacska

Okay, I've worked it out. :sunshine: Will get used to it eventually I'm sure. Let's see if I can upload a photo.

20151122_133536.jpg

Okay, that worked. It's my recent mani (about to come off) with Zoya Dream and Essie On a Silver Platter, plus stars done with vinyls and Color Club Star Light Star Bright. Please ignore the botched up index finger. I ran out of time and vinyls to redo it.

Talking of Color Club, my daughter had to make a colour wheel out of objects for school, so she suggested nail polish and we used all CC polishes.

20151122_153940.jpg

Today's arrivals (the November Paint the Rainbow box):

20151123_143428.jpg

Otherwise, I've been single for 5 days and loving it! Although he's spent a lot of time here packing up his stuff and also kept coming back to eat and watch telly as he had no food in the flat and still hasn't got a telly. But this week is more normal now. Over the weekend we'll sort out the rest of the stuff and then done. And I'm off to IKEA on Wednesday to buy some Helmers and Alexes! :dogdance::cowdance::yay::catdance:

It's flipping cold here though and now one of the living room radiators is broken, it won't switch on. :brrrr: The one in my daughter's bedroom however, will not switch off (they all have thermostats, but it just stays hot). Seriously!

EDIT: Now my pictures are tiny.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Okay, I've worked it out. :sunshine: Will get used to it eventually I'm sure. Let's see if I can upload a photo.

View attachment 50122

Okay, that worked. It's my recent mani (about to come off) with Zoya Dream and Essie On a Silver Platter, plus stars done with vinyls and Color Club Star Light Star Bright. Please ignore the botched up index finger. I ran out of time and vinyls to redo it.

Talking of Color Club, my daughter had to make a colour wheel out of objects for school, so she suggested nail polish and we used all CC polishes.

View attachment 50123

View attachment 50124

Otherwise, I've been single for 5 days and loving it! Although he's spent a lot of time here packing up his stuff and also kept coming back to eat and watch telly as he had no food in the flat and still hasn't got a telly. But this week is more normal now. Over the weekend we'll sort out the rest of the stuff and then done. And I'm off to IKEA on Wednesday to buy some Helmers and Alexes! :dogdance::cowdance::yay::catdance:

It's flipping cold here though and now one of the living room radiators is broken, it won't switch on. :brrrr: The one in my daughter's bedroom however, will not switch off (they all have thermostats, but it just stays hot). Seriously!

I'm on Chrome too... They're not finished yet so we'll have to see how it ends up!

Very pretty mani!

Woot! Good times ahead! :party:

Glad I'm not the only one with radiator problems lol I managed to get hot water running through it again, but nobody touches that valve until the new one is being installed!

If you click on the pics they get big!

Fuzzy

Here's my mani
OPI You Calling Me a Lyre? With Nfu Oh NFU 48

005.jpg

I chose this for the opening of a new Tiki bar here because I was wearing a really loud dress :gulp:

Anitacska

I'm on Chrome too... They're not finished yet so we'll have to see how it ends up!

Very pretty mani!

Woot! Good times ahead! :party:

Glad I'm not the only one with radiator problems lol I managed to get hot water running through it again, but nobody touches that valve until the new one is being installed!

If you click on the pics they get big!

Thank you. Sorry to hear you're having radiator problems too. I hope I don't need a new one.

Here's my mani
OPI You Calling Me a Lyre? With Nfu Oh NFU 48

View attachment 50126

I chose this for the opening of a new Tiki bar here because I was wearing a really loud dress :gulp:

Pretty delicate mani.

PearlyQueen

View attachment 50122

View attachment 50123

View attachment 50124

I adore this mani, I'm a sucker for stars!
Novel colour wheel - but I bet you could have made a MUCH bigger one lol!¬
And this is the first RC box I'm really wishing I had bought - I'm taken with almost all of those, yet it was one of the boxes I fancied least!

Anneri

Argh, so I haven't figured out to post pics from my mobile, I'm in an awful nailpolish slump and while I'm still wearing polish on my nails, the weather has been totally horrid for the last week. Plus, my mobile crashed and I lost a lot of pics. So.

Anyways, anyone know about some good Black Friday indie polish deals? I know that some brands do a sale, but I'm more interested in the re-sellers store ones. I know C4N has one, but I'm not really interested in anything she has (Anitcska, didn't you say that her EdM exclusive is a dupe for Pandore?).

I wanted to give a lot of thanks for all the manis and hauls you all posted, but well, there're no longer there. :stickpoke:

Anitacska

Argh, so I haven't figured out to post pics from my mobile, I'm in an awful nailpolish slump and while I'm still wearing polish on my nails, the weather has been totally horrid for the last week. Plus, my mobile crashed and I lost a lot of pics. So.

Anyways, anyone know about some good Black Friday indie polish deals? I know that some brands do a sale, but I'm more interested in the re-sellers store ones. I know C4N has one, but I'm not really interested in anything she has (Anitcska, didn't you say that her EdM exclusive is a dupe for Pandore?).

I wanted to give a lot of thanks for all the manis and hauls you all posted, but well, there're no longer there. :stickpoke:

Hi Anneri,

Yes, it's called Claire Bear. It only comes as a duo though with a Celestial polish, but that's pretty too.

I only know about C4N too, plus Glam will have an exclusive duo that I want to get.

I'm off to IKEA now!

Anitacska

Just a quick mani post as I've been so busy. Went to IKEA yesterday which was a 2.5 hour round trip (plus 1.5 hours spent there) and have managed to put the Helmer together, but still have the two Alexes to go. Also needed to go food shopping and do some washing and cleaning today. Argh!

Top mani is EdM Calibrated with ILNP Black Orchid on the accents stamped with Hit the Bottle Psycho Pink. Bottom is Pretty & Polished The Cat is Mad with Maybelline Knitted Gold. That pink is so pretty, but I adore the Maybelline!

20151124_130601.jpg

20151126_101906.jpg

Also, managed to pick this beauty up from someone on FB, got a great deal, although it's not completely full (90%), I only paid £25 plus postage for it, I've seen these go for $100+. The colour's completely off, it's so gorgeous irl.

20151124_124420.jpg

PS. Does anyone know how we add multiple images? I have to keep adding them one by one.

Last edited:

Anitacska

Glam Polish also has the new December collection up at discounted price, I bought that and the new duo. Plus there's a 27% discount on their older shades with the code BFSALE.

Also C4N has 25% off sale with BLACKFRI25. New EdM and Powder Perfect also included. I think I'm done with my Black Friday shopping.

Anneri

I actually didn't get any nailpolish!!!!!! Somehow nothing strikes my fancy - I'd really like Redicalist (NCLA) that only C4N has in stock at the moment, and then some ILNPs, but stupidly C4N doesn't carry ILNP. The Hypnotic Nail offers were atrocious - 10% off! Pfft!!! So I got some Body Shop and L'Occitane stuff and am still whaffling on MAC's Black Friday lipstick and some Paula's Choice items. I shouldn't get np anyways - it'll be a pain to ship it all to China. Sigh...

PearlyQueen

OK, here are the BF deals I'm aware of:
Indigo Bananas 25% off code PAINTITBLACK
Cupcake 30% off code BLACKFRIDAY2015
Color4Nails 25% off code BLACKFRI25
Doctor Lacquer all polishes half price (no code)
Darling Diva 30% off code THANKS (plus free polishes at $25 and $50 spend)
Glam 27% off most shades code BFSALE
Harlow & Co 15% off everything code BF15-15
Ninja 40% off everything, free polish with $50 spend code MysticFriday
Pahlish everything discounted, free polish with $50 spend
Rainbow Connection 20% off, free gift with £80 spend code BLACKFRI
RubyWhiteTips 30% off (min spend $15) code BLACKSATURDAY
Smitten - 20% off everything except new collection code THANKS2015
Different Dimension - 3 x $5 polishes released, plus 50% off most polishes code BFSALESECTION
LynBDesigns - 50% off code TURKEYDAY plus free LE polishes at $25 and $50 spend

x

Anitacska

OK, here are the BF deals I'm aware of:
Indigo Bananas 25% off code PAINTITBLACK
Cupcake 30% off code BLACKFRIDAY2015
Color4Nails 25% off code BLACKFRI25
Doctor Lacquer all polishes half price (no code)
Darling Diva 30% off code THANKS (plus free polishes at $25 and $50 spend)
Glam 27% off most shades code BFSALE
Harlow & Co 15% off everything code BF15-15
Ninja 40% off everything, free polish with $50 spend code MysticFriday
Pahlish everything discounted, free polish with $50 spend
Rainbow Connection 20% off, free gift with £80 spend code BLACKFRI
RubyWhiteTips 30% off (min spend $15) code BLACKSATURDAY
Smitten - 20% off everything except new collection code THANKS2015
Different Dimension - 3 x $5 polishes released, plus 50% off most polishes code BFSALESECTION
LynBDesigns - 50% off code TURKEYDAY plus free LE polishes at $25 and $50 spend

x

Thanks for these. The RC sale is now over though, it was on Thursday.

Bear Pawlish also has 25% off with BLACKFRIDAY25 and a free mystery polish with orders over $50
Girly Bits has 25% off nail polish and polish making supplies today only

PearlyQueen

Just a quick mani post as I've been so busy. Went to IKEA yesterday which was a 2.5 hour round trip (plus 1.5 hours spent there) and have managed to put the Helmer together, but still have the two Alexes to go. Also needed to go food shopping and do some washing and cleaning today. Argh!

Top mani is EdM Calibrated with ILNP Black Orchid on the accents stamped with Hit the Bottle Psycho Pink. Bottom is Pretty & Polished The Cat is Mad with Maybelline Knitted Gold. That pink is so pretty, but I adore the Maybelline!

View attachment 50209

View attachment 50208

Also, managed to pick this beauty up from someone on FB, got a great deal, although it's not completely full (90%), I only paid £25 plus postage for it, I've seen these go for $100+. The colour's completely off, it's so gorgeous irl.

View attachment 50210

PS. Does anyone know how we add multiple images? I have to keep adding them one by one.

Love that first mani!
And well done on the EP - looks lovely and a bargain!

PearlyQueen

Thanks for these. The RC sale is now over though, it was on Thursday.

Bear Pawlish also has 25% off with BLACKFRIDAY25 and a free mystery polish with orders over $50
Girly Bits has 25% off nail polish and polish making supplies today only

I didn't realise RC knocked off early - sorry!
And damn you, I bought Bears...

PearlyQueen

Glam Polish Sinister
sinister 2.JPG

sinister 1.JPG

sinister3.JPG

This has loads of pink shimmer but it was subtle on the nail - I was shocked how much was there when I started stripping the mani off!
This also chipped fairly quickly on me (3 days).

Latest posts