Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Heh! Actually you convinced me not to get them - it's the combo of not knowing what you get, the somehow mediocre polishes she did lately (honestly, all of them I got didn't wow me - I like them, but for that price point I want something better), and the outrageous shipping without marking down the value. I'd rather treat me to some polishes on my wishlist.
Yeah, I totally understand. I do like Neptune a lot and it's unlike anything I own, but this year's monthlies haven't really wowed me either. There were some quite nice ones, but at $16-$17 a pop I want to be wowed. I'd rather spend that money on other polishes too, like Glam, Lilypad Lacquer, EdM and Femme Fatale to only mention a few. I wanted to get the two monthlies to complete my set and also because this time my husband is still paying for them!
lol.gif
But he's moving on Thursday, so I'll have to concentrate on what I really like. But I'm telling you, after today I'd rather not buy polish for a year than still have him living here!
angry.gif

Anitacska

I'm sorry your renovations are dragging on forever, and to have damage done to the work just makes it that much harder :(

I'm feeling mostly better, but I need to remember to take it easy!

Great manis, love the swirly-swirls

Sorry to hear about your electrical issues, hopefully it's not too difficult to resolve. And hopefully Toshiba is helpful about the laptop, I'm on my second Toshiba(first one lasted something like 7.5 years!) and they've been over all very good machines, but my Mom's Toshiba seems to have a lot of weird issues. It's very strange!

Pretty mani!
nice little haul.
Wow that Color Club... talk about a fugitive pigment
blink.gif

Very nice!
eyelove.gif

Very nice! The IB has a nice shift. it could be the flakies, sometimes they get a little lumpy bumpy especially with more than one coat

Thank you. Luckily the boiler repair man has found a faulty valve in the system which he's coming to replace on Wednesday, so hopefully that's all. Haven't heard anything about the laptop yet. Yeah, all our laptops are Toshibas, but they're all fine. I guess it's just one of those things.

I used to love Twin Peaks! Lovely mani!

Quote: Originally Posted by raych1984

I finally gave the Rouge Noir topcoat a try. I'm not too impressed with it, as I have Revlon Autumn Spice which gives a really similar effect in just one product!
Well, it's pretty, but if it's dupable, then meh.

Anitacska

Two orders arrived today, yay! One is from Femme Fatale and the other from Beauty So Fly with her exclusive Lilypads and FF.

My current mani is China Glaze Santa Red My List with China Glaze Be Merry Be Bright, I think from last year's Christmas collection, but they're not really Christmassy anyway.

I didn't get around to taking pictures yesterday, so I was quite impressed it hadn't chipped by lunchtime today. CG always chips on me quickly.

Anitacska

Another load of polishes, these are from Hypnotic Polish. Other than a few packages at Stackry (and the EP headed for Stackry) I now don't have any outstanding orders.

I've finally managed to crack the leaf design, I'm wearing Glam Polish Into The Wild with Fair Maiden The Archeress on the accents and Bear Pawlish Poor Unfortunate Souls for the leaves.

PearlyQueen

Thank you! Your new job sounds promising. And good for you if you move about during the day. Here they talk that sitting is killing you.

Here's one of the newest FFs: The Secret Coinage. It's almost like a duochrome, with holo, flakies.
heart.gif

I reckon I'll either be fit or dead!
I like the FF on you, not sure it would work on me though. Very pretty mani.

PearlyQueen

Ugh, I waited in all day and DHL didn't come back with my package from FF. The card said they'd deliver it again today, if not convenient, rearrage it. It was convenient! Argh! I've now rescheduled it for Monday, hope I won't miss them again.

Today's mani is Indigo Bananas Aquaflame with EP Good Life on the accents with vinyls. The IB dried quite bumpy, could be to do with the flakies in it, or the fact that I fell asleep before it had dried completely. Oh well.

I like this!

PearlyQueen

Yeah, I totally understand. I do like Neptune a lot and it's unlike anything I own, but this year's monthlies haven't really wowed me either. There were some quite nice ones, but at $16-$17 a pop I want to be wowed. I'd rather spend that money on other polishes too, like Glam, Lilypad Lacquer, EdM and Femme Fatale to only mention a few. I wanted to get the two monthlies to complete my set and also because this time my husband is still paying for them!
lol.gif
But he's moving on Thursday, so I'll have to concentrate on what I really like. But I'm telling you, after today I'd rather not buy polish for a year than still have him living here!
angry.gif
I just can't wean myself off them, though I take your point about the colours. I don't think I'll buy all of them next year, as I tend to be disappointed in the Spring shades. At least that's what I'm thinking at the moment!
Good luck for tomorrow!

PearlyQueen

Two orders arrived today, yay! One is from Femme Fatale and the other from Beauty So Fly with her exclusive Lilypads and FF.

My current mani is China Glaze Santa Red My List with China Glaze Be Merry Be Bright, I think from last year's Christmas collection, but they're not really Christmassy anyway.

I didn't get around to taking pictures yesterday, so I was quite impressed it hadn't chipped by lunchtime today. CG always chips on me quickly.
Lovely haul and a pretty mani.

PearlyQueen

Another load of polishes, these are from Hypnotic Polish. Other than a few packages at Stackry (and the EP headed for Stackry) I now don't have any outstanding orders.

I've finally managed to crack the leaf design, I'm wearing Glam Polish Into The Wild with Fair Maiden The Archeress on the accents and Bear Pawlish Poor Unfortunate Souls for the leaves.

Ooo pretty! Are those the new Winter CbLs? I really fancy a few of those - and a few of the ILNPs coming out on Friday. And...and...etc!
Well done on the leaves, they look great!

MRV

I'm sorry your renovations are dragging on forever, and to have damage done to the work just makes it that much harder :(

I'm feeling mostly better, but I need to remember to take it easy!

Great manis, love the swirly-swirls

Sorry to hear about your electrical issues, hopefully it's not too difficult to resolve. And hopefully Toshiba is helpful about the laptop, I'm on my second Toshiba(first one lasted something like 7.5 years!) and they've been over all very good machines, but my Mom's Toshiba seems to have a lot of weird issues. It's very strange!

Pretty mani!
nice little haul.
Wow that Color Club... talk about a fugitive pigment
blink.gif

Very nice!
eyelove.gif

Very nice! The IB has a nice shift. it could be the flakies, sometimes they get a little lumpy bumpy especially with more than one coat

Thanks again!

Nice mani! I have not worn this one yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by raych1984

I finally gave the Rouge Noir topcoat a try. I'm not too impressed with it, as I have Revlon Autumn Spice which gives a really similar effect in just one product!
Yeah, I know. I also got it and the glitter is actually quite... matte!

MRV

Latest manis: Elevation Paris with DL Ray of Light

FF Genetic Memory and Spangled Starlight

Cadillacquer Footsteps Fleeing into Silence

Fuzzy

I loved Twin Peaks! And that's a very appropriate colour for the inspiration - very nice.
Thanks! I'm recognizing some actors who later appeared on The X Files(other than David Duchovny lol). It'll be interesting to see what they do with the reboot of Twin Peaks, but that's over a year away... New The X Files episodes in January!

Latest posts