Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Really hoping this week I'll be receiving my packages, my Stackry stuff (well, half of what is there/arriving there soon) should arrive tomorrow. My Rainbow Connection order might come today, but probably tomorrow. Hopefully the Hypnotic Polish order arrives this week too and also the Femme Fatale one (with Eliza). Trying hard not to order anything now until I receive these, but it's hard, especially as I have some money in my Paypal account from selling some make up on eBay, hahaha.

Current mani is a franken that I made by mixing Ciate Ferris Wheel with ILNP Cold Fusion and some fine holo glitter. On the accents I used Models Own Chrome Turquoise with ILNP Cold Fusion on top and stamped with Color Alike Kind of White, which I wasn't too happy about as it was very thick and the image got distorted/broken because it didn't stretch with the squishy stamper. But it still looks cool I guess.

20160410_093311.jpg 20160410_093321.jpg 20160410_111716.jpg

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Thanks. It wasn't planned, just ended up being this colour scheme. It was okay, but I would've preferred it if the foils had transferred better. Apparently you're not supposed to use topcoat, or only special ones with foil, Picture Polish Revolution (which is a glitter base coat) is said to be good for it. I did use topcoat because I didn't have time to wait for it to dry and it did wrinkle a bit.

Thank you! Ha, this was a post rock concert mani, went to one last Thursday, didn't think to do anything too cool for it. Besides it's dark and nobody cares, lol.

Glad to hear you've settled in okay. It must be a massive culture shock. Hope your package turns up soon and also your containers arrive just fine.

Finally one more order had arrived at Stackry, so I've consolidated 6 packages, that's 37 polishes. Another 32 to go, but those aren't there yet. Still no news from Hypnotic Polish or Femme Fatale, so no nail mail for a while for me.

Current mani is Urban Decay Barlust (2011 untried) with Lilypad Glory. I'm really enjoying this challenge, I would never have chosen to wear Barlust but it's such an amazing brown polish! This is the second great brown I've found among my 2011 untrieds (the other one was Andrea Fulerton). The Lilypad is just amazing, purple to gold to green multichrome with holo glitter and multichrome flakies.

View attachment 53409 View attachment 53410 View attachment 53411 View attachment 53412

I like this - it's always nice to find a good brown,

PearlyQueen

Anybody of you Femme Fatale conaisseurs have seen anything about her new duo shine nail polishes? And is there a preview somewhere for the COTM?

In other news, my packages arrived!!! Yay!

And I hope you have a great birthday haul and mani, Anita!!!!

Yay for safe deliveries!!! And new polish!!!

PearlyQueen

ARgh, I started commenting and pushed a pic in a wrong place (got a veil over the screen and everything vanished when I got rid of it). So I just post some pics and try to recomment later.

View attachment 53421 Glam Sagittarius
View attachment 53422 Cupcake Miami
View attachment 53423 EP April 2015 and EdM Sakura
View attachment 53424 Elevation Lagoon Nebula
View attachment 53426 FF Morning Glory

I seem to have a bad np week: the Elevation was thick and dragged (!) and Morning Glory was also a bit problematic.

Love the Glam and the Cupcake - two I don't have.... yet!!
I bought the Elevation the other day thanks to a sale, grrr if it's a poor formula. Looks nice mind.

PearlyQueen

Yay for packages!

Do you mean the Enchanted Fables collection? Are you not in the Facebook group? All the details are there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/841072659271220/

Thank you! I have sneaked in a small birthday haul, ordered the new Lilypad Exclusives, the Cupcake exclusive and the clear jumpo stamper from Rainbow Connection. My Stackry package should be here on Tuesday and my Hypnotic Polish order has shipped as well. Next week will be epic, lol.

My birthday mani includes two of my favourite brands and my favourite colour. Glam Polish Daily Dilemma with Lilypad Remember to Smile. I had to make my fingers look pink because my camera wouldn't pick up the purple and these are definitely not blue.

View attachment 53427

Nice birthday mani - and Happy Belated Birthday!!!

PearlyQueen

Really hoping this week I'll be receiving my packages, my Stackry stuff (well, half of what is there/arriving there soon) should arrive tomorrow. My Rainbow Connection order might come today, but probably tomorrow. Hopefully the Hypnotic Polish order arrives this week too and also the Femme Fatale one (with Eliza). Trying hard not to order anything now until I receive these, but it's hard, especially as I have some money in my Paypal account from selling some make up on eBay, hahaha.

Current mani is a franken that I made by mixing Ciate Ferris Wheel with ILNP Cold Fusion and some fine holo glitter. On the accents I used Models Own Chrome Turquoise with ILNP Cold Fusion on top and stamped with Color Alike Kind of White, which I wasn't too happy about as it was very thick and the image got distorted/broken because it didn't stretch with the squishy stamper. But it still looks cool I guess.

View attachment 53515 View attachment 53516 View attachment 53517

Sounds like good nail mail days ahead! I love your mani, great frankening skills and I'd never have guessed there was an issue with the stamping if you hadn't said - it looks fantastic!
So

Anitacska

I like this - it's always nice to find a good brown,

Thank you! Cooler browns look so much better on me, and now I know I have two good ones!

Nice birthday mani - and Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Thank you! :flowers:

Sounds like good nail mail days ahead! I love your mani, great frankening skills and I'd never have guessed there was an issue with the stamping if you hadn't said - it looks fantastic!
So

Thank you!

I've already received my RC order and my Stackry stuff, my HP order is due to arrive today! Will post pictures later. Still no word from FF, so I'm guessing I probably won't get Eliza. :(

Very nice and very you! ;) I don't have anything from Ninja Polish, one of the brands that have completely passed me by. I'm sure I've got something similar though...

Last edited:

Anitacska

My current mani is Different Dimension aMAZEing with Femme Fatale Lazarou on the accents. Turns out the DD is supposed to be a thermal. It sort of is, but the colour change is very very subtle. I only noticed it when I looked at the photos and saw that the tips of my nails look slightly darker, more plummy.

20160412_085508.jpg 20160412_085525.jpg

Last edited:

Anitacska

Hermes still hasn't brought my HP package, beginning to think it won't come today. :mad:

In the meantime here's my birthday haul from RC:

20160411_115212.jpg

Also my Stackry stuff. I miscounted, it's 38 polishes, not 37. :) I still have 30 there that have arrived since I had these sent over and got 2 more to arrive there in about 2 weeks. I've also just seen the new Different Dimension collection that I'm definitely ordering, so that's another 5 for the next shipment. ;)

20160412_111942.jpg 20160412_112001.jpg 20160412_112006.jpg View attachment 53575

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Glad your poor thumb is better. This is such a pretty brown polish, I do have it, but as always, unworn!

Thanks! yes it's a pretty reddish-brown.

My latest mani is Pahlish Shot Through The Heart (topper) over an old metallic yellow gold Special FX:

View attachment 53355

Pretty mani!

Sorry to hear about your thumb. Pretty mani.

I believe there's already a shipment en route to Shiro with those. I ordered them as soon as FF posted about them on FB, they are very pretty indeed. Bit annoyed with Shiro though, apparently their TAT is 14 days?! And I'm having those sent to Stackry, so won't see them for a while.

Oh no, sorry to hear you still haven't managed to catch the Giraffes! I'm sure they'll be available again, it was the same with Cupcake Berry Good Looking, everyone wanted it and it was always sold out, but not anymore.

Yay, well done! I didn't order either. It was quite funny how she extended the preorder until Sunday evening, I'm guessing she didn't sell much. Of course if they are really pretty, those who didn't order will find it harder to get them second hand, but I think I probably won't bother anyway.

That's pretty! And now that song is in my head!

I knew I'd bought a lot of polish lately, but I've just added it up and I have 108 on the way! Eeek! Won't see any of them this week for sure, as most of them are going to Stackry, and those that aren't are the FF pre-order and a Hypnotic Polish order and neither has dispatched yet. I do have 27 polishes at Stackry at the moment, but I want to wait for a few more as I have 69 in total and I want to split them equally as much as possible.

Current mani is Urban Decay Grunge (2011 untried) with KBShimmer Red, White & Blue-tiful and foils. This was my first try at using nail foils, these are from the Ciate kit, but I wasn't very impressed. Other than the blue one, they didn't transfer very well, took me several goes to get them to stick.

View attachment 53362

Thanks!

This mani makes me think of America! lol I've never tried foils, they might drive me crazy!

Apparently it has arrived here, but there was a mix up with building and appartment numbers, so let's see what'll happen. I'm slowly starting to get more zen about things - must be the Asian influence lol!

I guess a lot of stuff is lost in translation - Asians find a lot of things rude we do find quite normal and the other way round. We had one day of cultural training before we came here and that was really interesting. One of the things that stood out was the 'loosing face' thing - so people react incredible defensive (and rude) when they think you confronted them with something they did wrong. So I try to be polite all the time and hope things will turn out well in the end. I'm really impatient usually so that's a good thing for me! I've to say that MeiMei really did try to take care of things on her end without me having to ask for everything, so that was nice. The front desk managers are trying to locate my polishes for me now, so let's keep all fingers crossed.

I wasn't nervous per se when all of my stash was packed, because honestly, what was there to do otherwise? I couldn't store it somewhere, and I couldn't pack it into bags to take it on the plane, so I just went with it, but now I'm really nervous, because I heard some strange stories about custums here. And if I start to picture custums men pawing through my stuff - eeeeeek!

I never see stores selling polish over here - apart from Sephora (and the Sephora here is rubbish). I haven't any clue if there're any online stores here - I've to learn the language first to actually find that out! ;)

Otherwise all is good. Slowly everything is settling into place. Of course I haven't met a lot of people yet, but I'll have mandarin classes from May on, and I've got high hopes for that! I'm also looking into sports courses and expat meetings, but usually I'm quite the loner anyways, so it's not that different from home! Of course, from time to time I get homesick and miss things - food stuff, and on bad smog days I miss blue skies and the possibility to just go out. But I didn't like Frankfurt as a city very much, and did actually find some spots I did like, so I guess it'll be like that here too.

Hah, I can totally relate to the sun problem! We had a lot of rain for the last days! Hope your thumb is getting better!
I totally have faith in the container, and also in the guys who packed our stuff - they were really quite good at packing! And even although the ship had to go through the Suez canal, it thankfully is still quite cool. I was careful though and took all my lipsticks with me on the plane, and was generally careful not to pack stuff that could melt easily!

Word!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks seriously cool. Something for a rock concert!

I think I would miss my food favourites too, but I guess there's a lot of new potato chip flavours to try? like these: http://shanghaiist.com/2013/04/26/10_strangest_chip_flavors_in_shangh.php#photo-1

It's been more sunny here, but freezing and now it's finally starting to warm up! I hope it sticks around because I'm sick of snow. I swear there was more snow in April than in any of the other months this past winter. :p

Thanks. It wasn't planned, just ended up being this colour scheme. It was okay, but I would've preferred it if the foils had transferred better. Apparently you're not supposed to use topcoat, or only special ones with foil, Picture Polish Revolution (which is a glitter base coat) is said to be good for it. I did use topcoat because I didn't have time to wait for it to dry and it did wrinkle a bit.

Thank you! Ha, this was a post rock concert mani, went to one last Thursday, didn't think to do anything too cool for it. Besides it's dark and nobody cares, lol.

Glad to hear you've settled in okay. It must be a massive culture shock. Hope your package turns up soon and also your containers arrive just fine.

Finally one more order had arrived at Stackry, so I've consolidated 6 packages, that's 37 polishes. Another 32 to go, but those aren't there yet. Still no news from Hypnotic Polish or Femme Fatale, so no nail mail for a while for me.

Current mani is Urban Decay Barlust (2011 untried) with Lilypad Glory. I'm really enjoying this challenge, I would never have chosen to wear Barlust but it's such an amazing brown polish! This is the second great brown I've found among my 2011 untrieds (the other one was Andrea Fulerton). The Lilypad is just amazing, purple to gold to green multichrome with holo glitter and multichrome flakies.

View attachment 53409 View attachment 53410 View attachment 53411 View attachment 53412

oooh that's a nice brown!

ARgh, I started commenting and pushed a pic in a wrong place (got a veil over the screen and everything vanished when I got rid of it). So I just post some pics and try to recomment later.

View attachment 53421 Glam Sagittarius
View attachment 53422 Cupcake Miami
View attachment 53423 EP April 2015 and EdM Sakura
View attachment 53424 Elevation Lagoon Nebula
View attachment 53426 FF Morning Glory

I seem to have a bad np week: the Elevation was thick and dragged (!) and Morning Glory was also a bit problematic.

Great manis! sorry some of the polishes were being difficult

Yay for packages!

Do you mean the Enchanted Fables collection? Are you not in the Facebook group? All the details are there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/841072659271220/

Thank you! I have sneaked in a small birthday haul, ordered the new Lilypad Exclusives, the Cupcake exclusive and the clear jumpo stamper from Rainbow Connection. My Stackry package should be here on Tuesday and my Hypnotic Polish order has shipped as well. Next week will be epic, lol.

My birthday mani includes two of my favourite brands and my favourite colour. Glam Polish Daily Dilemma with Lilypad Remember to Smile. I had to make my fingers look pink because my camera wouldn't pick up the purple and these are definitely not blue.

View attachment 53427

Excellent birthday mani!

Anitacska

Really weird, yesterday I couddn't see Anitacska's pics, today I can - and I can see yours, MRV!

Yeah, mine kept disappearing, so I had to re-upload them.

Will write later, I'm off to the shops with my youngest in a minute. Been quite hectic here the last few days.

Anitacska

What a palaver! I kept missing the Hermes driver, he came during school run both on Wednesday and Thursday, but didn't bother to leave a card (not even sure if he actually came to my house). I ended up phoning a number I found for MyHermes and a very helpful lady contacted him to make sure he knows where to go (he claimed he left a card, so I think he didn't know where to go) and also asked her to ask him to come either before 3 or after 3.40 on Friday. Bloody bloke turned up at 3.07 (!), I was literally about to get in my car, so I could've missed him again if I had left just a minute earlier. Ugh. You would think that if you attempt delivery twice around the same time and noone is in, then you would try a slightly different time. He didn't look like someone I'd trust with a bag of rubbish, let alone valuable packages, but luckily my stuff was all fine.

This is my HP haul:

20160415_163517.jpg

Not very pleased with the Color Alike stamping polishes, none of them look the same as they did on the website. I wanted a proper red, but this is rather pink and the blue is much lighter than it looked. Oh well, at £4 or so, it's not the end of the world.

My last 2 manis, first one is EdM LE10 with Nails Inc Glastonbury (2011 untried). It wasn't a good combo, the Nails Inc looked mostly green on the nails, despite it having gold and purple glitter as well. Funnily it looks more purple in the pictures.

20160414_125430.jpg 20160414_125503.jpg

Today's mani is Takko Floridazed with Black Cat Lacquer Ice Queen. This Takko is a tricky one to photograph, in some lights it look so much more green than the pictures show, but the camera just picked it up as blue. Also, already a lot of tipwear. The last picture was taken about an hour ago, so not even 24 hours yet since I painted my nails.

20160416_103531.jpg 20160416_103649.jpg 20160416_173447.jpg

Finally, here are some pictures of the EP monthlies. I'm glad I didn't get them. They are nice, but just that, nice. I have 23 shimmers coming from Femme Fatale on Monday at half the price of these.

ep mysteries 3.jpg ep mysteries.jpg ep mysteries2.jpg

Anneri

Thank you Anitacska for the pics of the EPs! So glad I didn't cave, I think the FFs are much more unique.
When I was still in Frankfurt, my Hermes driver was the same. And once my package was lost, but did they contact me about it? Of course not! I spent hours on the phone with them. Of all carrier services, they're the worst.

You managed to capture Floridazed much better than I did. So funny - I've worn mine now for four days, the first day without any topcoat because I liked the semi-matte finish, and I have no tipwear at all. None. I was really impressed by it! I guess it really comes down to 'nail chemistry'.

Anitacska

Thank you Anitacska for the pics of the EPs! So glad I didn't cave, I think the FFs are much more unique.
When I was still in Frankfurt, my Hermes driver was the same. And once my package was lost, but did they contact me about it? Of course not! I spent hours on the phone with them. Of all carrier services, they're the worst.

You managed to capture Floridazed much better than I did. So funny - I've worn mine now for four days, the first day without any topcoat because I liked the semi-matte finish, and I have no tipwear at all. None. I was really impressed by it! I guess it really comes down to 'nail chemistry'.

You're welcome. Yeah, my sentiments exactly.

Thank you. To be fair, everything chips on me very quickly, but yeah, this mani definitely couldn't survive another day. Oh well, I'll be changing it tonight.

PearlyQueen

Thank you! Cooler browns look so much better on me, and now I know I have two good ones!

Thank you! :flowers:

Thank you!

I've already received my RC order and my Stackry stuff, my HP order is due to arrive today! Will post pictures later. Still no word from FF, so I'm guessing I probably won't get Eliza. :(

Very nice and very you! ;) I don't have anything from Ninja Polish, one of the brands that have completely passed me by. I'm sure I've got something similar though...

Thanks! It is indeed very me! I'm also sure you must have similar - I'm sure I do too!

Latest posts