Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Hermes still hasn't brought my HP package, beginning to think it won't come today. :mad:

In the meantime here's my birthday haul from RC:

View attachment 53571

Also my Stackry stuff. I miscounted, it's 38 polishes, not 37. :) I still have 30 there that have arrived since I had these sent over and got 2 more to arrive there in about 2 weeks. I've also just seen the new Different Dimension collection that I'm definitely ordering, so that's another 5 for the next shipment. ;)

View attachment 53572 View attachment 53573 View attachment 53574 View attachment 53575

Fab haul! The Glams do look nice. I don't know Top Shelf, but they look pretty too. I see you've fallen for Grace-full...

PearlyQueen

What a palaver! I kept missing the Hermes driver, he came during school run both on Wednesday and Thursday, but didn't bother to leave a card (not even sure if he actually came to my house). I ended up phoning a number I found for MyHermes and a very helpful lady contacted him to make sure he knows where to go (he claimed he left a card, so I think he didn't know where to go) and also asked her to ask him to come either before 3 or after 3.40 on Friday. Bloody bloke turned up at 3.07 (!), I was literally about to get in my car, so I could've missed him again if I had left just a minute earlier. Ugh. You would think that if you attempt delivery twice around the same time and noone is in, then you would try a slightly different time. He didn't look like someone I'd trust with a bag of rubbish, let alone valuable packages, but luckily my stuff was all fine.

This is my HP haul:

View attachment 53600

Not very pleased with the Color Alike stamping polishes, none of them look the same as they did on the website. I wanted a proper red, but this is rather pink and the blue is much lighter than it looked. Oh well, at £4 or so, it's not the end of the world.

My last 2 manis, first one is EdM LE10 with Nails Inc Glastonbury (2011 untried). It wasn't a good combo, the Nails Inc looked mostly green on the nails, despite it having gold and purple glitter as well. Funnily it looks more purple in the pictures.

View attachment 53601 View attachment 53603

Today's mani is Takko Floridazed with Black Cat Lacquer Ice Queen. This Takko is a tricky one to photograph, in some lights it look so much more green than the pictures show, but the camera just picked it up as blue. Also, already a lot of tipwear. The last picture was taken about an hour ago, so not even 24 hours yet since I painted my nails.

View attachment 53604 View attachment 53605 View attachment 53606

Finally, here are some pictures of the EP monthlies. I'm glad I didn't get them. They are nice, but just that, nice. I have 23 shimmers coming from Femme Fatale on Monday at half the price of these.

View attachment 53607 View attachment 53608 View attachment 53609

Oh how annoying - it's one of the few occasions a disabled hubby comes in handy!!! At least you got them in the end. Pretty little haul, sorry to hear the CAs were a disappointment - they look nice enough, and at least they're cheap! I only bought the pale pink FUN, but I have a fancy for a few more of them. Love the EdM mani, very pretty. The Takko is nice too, but chipping so quickly is very poor.
Cheers for the EP pics, I'd probably only have bought the blue if I'd seen them in advance - they're nice enough, but not unique. It's made up my mind to skip the others - though if I see the blue at a decent price in a blog sale, I'll be tempted.

Anitacska

Fab haul! The Glams do look nice. I don't know Top Shelf, but they look pretty too. I see you've fallen for Grace-full...

I only know Top Shelf because they take part in the Hela Holo Customs group. Second time they were makers and their polishes as very pretty. From Grace-full I really wanted the pink and purple flakie polishes, so chucked in a couple for good measures. I still only have 6 polishes from them.

Oh how annoying - it's one of the few occasions a disabled hubby comes in handy!!! At least you got them in the end. Pretty little haul, sorry to hear the CAs were a disappointment - they look nice enough, and at least they're cheap! I only bought the pale pink FUN, but I have a fancy for a few more of them. Love the EdM mani, very pretty. The Takko is nice too, but chipping so quickly is very poor.
Cheers for the EP pics, I'd probably only have bought the blue if I'd seen them in advance - they're nice enough, but not unique. It's made up my mind to skip the others - though if I see the blue at a decent price in a blog sale, I'll be tempted.

Oh, sorry to hear your hubby is disabled, I didn't know that. But I guess that's handy for receiving packages. Mind you, I prefer not having anyone here to receive mine. ;)

Thank you.

Yeah, I like February (and March too), but I can live without them. January is really not my thing. I won't be ordering them this year for sure now.

New mani - Girly Bits: A Twinkle In Time:
View attachment 53614

This is so pretty, I have this too.

I received my huge Femme Fatale order today, I missed the DHL guy yesterday. They are very very pretty, I don't even have any I'm not sure about now. Luckily I got Eliza, Euna didn't look that interesting, but I might buy it from the stockists to complete the set. Evil Queen is gorgeous, but I'm sure it's very similar to EP Entwined, and the COTM is really pretty too. I also got a Sayuri polish that I'd been eyeing up for a while.

20160419_103832.jpg 20160419_104234.jpg 20160419_104545.jpg View attachment 53646

I've now completely run out of space in my Femme Fatale drawer, half of these won't fit. My EdM drawer is also full, and in fact most of them are. I seriously need to figure out a way of not buying more polish. But then I see a new collection and I NEED them. Even though I obviously don't.

Current mani is Urban Decay Big Bang (2011 untried) with Ever After Yours. It's a pretty magenta jelly with lots of flakies, but the flakies don't really stand out. I guess the base is a bit too dark.

20160418_103143.jpg 20160418_144822.jpg

Anneri

Hm, I'm not totally convinced of the new EPs. Seem nice, but I can get a nice holo anywhere, right?

Woohooo Anitacska, that's some FF p0rn! I'll get mine next week when I'm in Singapore - Grace has kindly agreed to drop them off at our hotel. Soo looking forward to them!

Allright ladies, I need your help. I just got Girl on Fire (Glam), and thought it would be a nice coral. Instead it looks like a coppery light red and I think it's awfully unflattering. What do you think? And what can I do to it to make it better? Nail art suggestions! Anything? Gah.

ok, these are just snaps I took in the bathroom pre-cleanup:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Anitacska

A couple more. She put a little unicorn after them (that doesn't show in my pictures), so guessing it's a unicorn collection. I'm expecting to see a light purple and/or light green next.

EP new2.png EP new3.png

I expect she will not make this a pre-order like she did with the last collection. I also wonder if it'll be unannounced. My money is on this releasing on Saturday/Sunday next week.

EDIT: Just had the e-mail about the restock, it's THIS Sunday at 10 am PDT (6 pm UK time). 4 new colours, the last collection + Dime Piece and she's bringing back the overpriced logo T-shirts.

Last edited:

Anitacska

Hm, I'm not totally convinced of the new EPs. Seem nice, but I can get a nice holo anywhere, right?

Woohooo Anitacska, that's some FF p0rn! I'll get mine next week when I'm in Singapore - Grace has kindly agreed to drop them off at our hotel. Soo looking forward to them!

Allright ladies, I need your help. I just got Girl on Fire (Glam), and thought it would be a nice coral. Instead it looks like a coppery light red and I think it's awfully unflattering. What do you think? And what can I do to it to make it better? Nail art suggestions! Anything? Gah.

View attachment 53671
View attachment 53671

Yes, I agree, although I do really like this blue and the pink I've just posted above. Not sure about the silver/light pink whatever it is.

That's kind of Grace! Bet you'll love your FFs!

Oh that's annoying about Girl on Fire. I didn't get that one, quite happy now that I didn't. You could always add some stamping, or just take it off if you don't like it?

Anitacska

Current mani is Zoya Logan with Different Dimension Oogie Boogie (Mystery Villain #6). My camera refused to pick up the gold shimmer in Logan, so annoying, hence the yellow fingers (I tried adjusting the colour).

20160420_112000.jpg 20160420_112051.jpg

PearlyQueen

I only know Top Shelf because they take part in the Hela Holo Customs group. Second time they were makers and their polishes as very pretty. From Grace-full I really wanted the pink and purple flakie polishes, so chucked in a couple for good measures. I still only have 6 polishes from them.

Oh, sorry to hear your hubby is disabled, I didn't know that. But I guess that's handy for receiving packages. Mind you, I prefer not having anyone here to receive mine. ;)

Thank you.

Yeah, I like February (and March too), but I can live without them. January is really not my thing. I won't be ordering them this year for sure now.

This is so pretty, I have this too.

I received my huge Femme Fatale order today, I missed the DHL guy yesterday. They are very very pretty, I don't even have any I'm not sure about now. Luckily I got Eliza, Euna didn't look that interesting, but I might buy it from the stockists to complete the set. Evil Queen is gorgeous, but I'm sure it's very similar to EP Entwined, and the COTM is really pretty too. I also got a Sayuri polish that I'd been eyeing up for a while.

View attachment 53643 View attachment 53644 View attachment 53645 View attachment 53646

I've now completely run out of space in my Femme Fatale drawer, half of these won't fit. My EdM drawer is also full, and in fact most of them are. I seriously need to figure out a way of not buying more polish. But then I see a new collection and I NEED them. Even though I obviously don't.

Current mani is Urban Decay Big Bang (2011 untried) with Ever After Yours. It's a pretty magenta jelly with lots of flakies, but the flakies don't really stand out. I guess the base is a bit too dark.

View attachment 53647 View attachment 53648

Thank you!
Nice haul, all very pretty - but of course Evil Queen is my fave! I will try to resist buying any of them... we'll see!
Love your mani, it's a really nice shade and the two work so well together.

PearlyQueen

View attachment 53671
View attachment 53671

Home delivery is an excellent service - how lovely!!!
I plan to try for the EPs but I don't imagine I'll get them.
The Glam isn't my kind of shade either - but I don't think I have it. Personally, it's what glitter topcoats were made for!!!

Anitacska

Anyone had any luck with the EP restock? I managed to get the new pink one, but that's all. All the others were in carts immediately and I had to feed my children, so couldn't keep trying. So infuriating, why can't she make enough or do a bloody pre-order? Sometimes I really hate her and myself for giving her more money! :mad:

MRV

Well, I forgot all about the darn polishes! It's my BD so I've been doing other things than stalking. She says they will come back soon, so maybe then.

PearlyQueen

Anyone had any luck with the EP restock? I managed to get the new pink one, but that's all. All the others were in carts immediately and I had to feed my children, so couldn't keep trying. So infuriating, why can't she make enough or do a bloody pre-order? Sometimes I really hate her and myself for giving her more money! :mad:

I got two! Spent about 20 minutes trying for the third one I wanted, but gave up after that - Morpheus needed serious cuddles and wouldn't let me keep refreshing! Might get Alicorn next time.

PearlyQueen

Well, I forgot all about the darn polishes! It's my BD so I've been doing other things than stalking. She says they will come back soon, so maybe then.

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you're blinging it up!!!! Better having fun than F5-ing a laptop...
x

Anitacska

Happy birthday! :birthday: Sorry you forgot, hopefully they'll come back. It really was a joke. The one I got had better be worth it!

Anitacska

I got two! Spent about 20 minutes trying for the third one I wanted, but gave up after that - Morpheus needed serious cuddles and wouldn't let me keep refreshing! Might get Alicorn next time.

Yay, well done! I probably could've got another one if I had had time to refresh, but I didn't. Oh well, I'll live.

Latest posts