Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I really fancied that FB Glam, glad you got it though! Your haul looks lovely.
I'm really impressed with your purple franken - looks exactly like something Femme Fatale would make and I'd buy!
Your manis are well nice - I surprised myself by loving that pink OPI!
I'm sorry you're not wowed by the EPs - I'm the same with the blue, but OMG if I don't get that red I'll be devastated, I totally love it. I'm going to try for the others from last time too, but I'm prepared for disappointment with those if I get the red!

Thanks.

Did you manage to get them? I got them both in the end.

Anneri

Wow, Anitacska, I've to agree with PQ - your polishes look like something FF would come up with and I love both!

I scored Desert Sky and Christmas in July. Wanted to try for Moon Water, too, but that was sold out really quick, and I didn't want to risk losing the others, so I'm content with those two. I really like them! Pity I'll see them in December, though... And now to bed! *yawns*

PearlyQueen

I got both, plus Lost Boy - I too tried for Moon Water till now, but it's gone. As I said, not devastated, but would have been nice!
However, I'm really happy with the outcome!
Well done to all three of us, ninja clicking won the day for us!!!

Anitacska

Wow, Anitacska, I've to agree with PQ - your polishes look like something FF would come up with and I love both!

I scored Desert Sky and Christmas in July. Wanted to try for Moon Water, too, but that was sold out really quick, and I didn't want to risk losing the others, so I'm content with those two. I really like them! Pity I'll see them in December, though... And now to bed! *yawns*

Aaw, thank you! She is very pleased with her creation, she chose all the pigments and glitters, I only did the dirty work, lol.

Glad you scored both new ones. Sorry you missed out on MW. It's pretty, but I don't think it's that interesting.

I got both, plus Lost Boy - I too tried for Moon Water till now, but it's gone. As I said, not devastated, but would have been nice!
However, I'm really happy with the outcome!
Well done to all three of us, ninja clicking won the day for us!!!

Great news! But sorry about Moon Water. Hopefully she'll restock it again, but in all honesty I don't think it's that interesting.

Hope MRV has also managed to score some.

MRV

Hey! I've been cleaning and purging like crazy the first two weeks of my vacation. Regardless, all the cabinets are still fuller than full of stuff. Fortunately, I've been away and relaxing for a few days now (lots of sauna time), and next week will hopefully be a bit easier, especially as we finally have some warmer days.

I managed to get into my cart the new EPs plus Lost Boy and Moon Water, but dropped MW because I was able to get only three. Is that special as you all (apart from Anita) tried to catch it?

Need to catch up with the posts!

Anitacska

My new mani is Spell Polish Lizard's Leg:
View attachment 55580 View attachment 55581 View attachment 55582

Isn't it great when you find out your polish is a one-coater??? I did do two for longevity, but I really didn't need to, makes such a nice change from 3 (or occasionally 4!).

This is very pretty. I also have a few Spell polishes and I haven't tried any of them yet! It's great that it's a one coater, it's quite a pricey brand, so it's good to get value for your money, and of course save time when applying it.

Anitacska

Hey! I've been cleaning and purging like crazy the first two weeks of my vacation. Regardless, all the cabinets are still fuller than full of stuff. Fortunately, I've been away and relaxing for a few days now (lots of sauna time), and next week will hopefully be a bit easier, especially as we finally have some warmer days.

I managed to get into my cart the new EPs plus Lost Boy and Moon Water, but dropped MW because I was able to get only three. Is that special as you all (apart from Anita) tried to catch it?

Glad you got the 3 you wanted. Moon Water is nice, but it's not the most exciting polish imo.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

MRV

Glad you got the 3 you wanted. Moon Water is nice, but it's not the most exciting polish imo.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Thanks! We all seemed to be lucky again. I figured MW looked a lot like some other light grey EPs so it was the first to go.

Thank you, I try my best. When will you be leaving for you holiday - was it in Portugal?

Anitacska

Thanks! We all seemed to be lucky again. I figured MW looked a lot like some other light grey EPs so it was the first to go.

Thank you, I try my best. When will you be leaving for you holiday - was it in Portugal?

Yes, it is a light grey, although it has a shift to it, but it's still not that interesting.

We're still here for almost 2 weeks, nice to have some time to just be lazy, plus the weather's been not unlike Portugal lately! :)

Anneri

Hello lovely NPAs! I've to comment at length later or tomorrow (your manis! A MRV sighting! Hauls! My neverending story with Nailland that's full of lies and deceit!), BUT for now just a PSA: Did you all see the announcement on C4Ns about their Takko restock? And also on FF about their COTM August? The FF must be one of the most beautiful one's I've seen her doing. If someone's ordering, and given that August is my birthday month and that you're actually allowed to order two, could someone order one for me as well? It really doesn't make any sense for me to order just for one polish.

Also, send a lot of sympathy - we've had over 40C TWICE this week. I'm slowly dying. :ouch::ouch::ouch:

Anitacska

Hello lovely NPAs! I've to comment at length later or tomorrow (your manis! A MRV sighting! Hauls! My neverending story with Nailland that's full of lies and deceit!), BUT for now just a PSA: Did you all see the announcement on C4Ns about their Takko restock? And also on FF about their COTM August? The FF must be one of the most beautiful one's I've seen her doing. If someone's ordering, and given that August is my birthday month and that you're actually allowed to order two, could someone order one for me as well? It really doesn't make any sense for me to order just for one polish.

Also, send a lot of sympathy - we've had over 40C TWICE this week. I'm slowly dying. :ouch::ouch::ouch:

Oh no, poor you, I absolutely hate the heat. We had 33 degrees here last week and it was horrible. My house warms up really badly, so I had to have every window open all night just to make it halfway bearable.

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with Nailland. Sadly my laptop saga is still ongoing. :(

I'm not really interested in Takko, had a look before their restock on their own site and decided to skip. I do love the FF August COTM though and the whole August collection tbh. I would love to order one for you, but I can't send it to you. :( Maybe MRV could do it, I'm guessing she'll be ordering.

Anneri

Oh no, poor you, I absolutely hate the heat. We had 33 degrees here last week and it was horrible. My house warms up really badly, so I had to have every window open all night just to make it halfway bearable.

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with Nailland. Sadly my laptop saga is still ongoing. :(

I'm not really interested in Takko, had a look before their restock on their own site and decided to skip. I do love the FF August COTM though and the whole August collection tbh. I would love to order one for you, but I can't send it to you. :( Maybe MRV could do it, I'm guessing she'll be ordering.

Thank you Anitacska! Has the Royal Mail become so difficult recently? Of course I'll nearly never (apart from MeiMei and BSF) order something to get it here, but always to my parents' place in Germany - much safer!

I've FINALLY gotten the refund from nailland. Why it took them two weeks though its everyone's guess. Honestly! Last time I ordered from them for sure. Pity, really. How about your laptop?

Can anybody chime in with some advice, though? I looked into the FF shipping fees to China (I know, right after I said I wouldn't) and it's 37AUS. *gasp* Is it like that to Europe as well? And what is the amount of polish you've to order so that it's worth it? Because right now, when I add everything up, it's 14€ for each polish I want to order, which is of course much more expensive than when I order somewhere else. Argh, so indecisive. And very likely the COTM will be sold out immediately when I decide to try to order. Help?

Anitacska

Thank you Anitacska! Has the Royal Mail become so difficult recently? Of course I'll nearly never (apart from MeiMei and BSF) order something to get it here, but always to my parents' place in Germany - much safer!

I've FINALLY gotten the refund from nailland. Why it took them two weeks though its everyone's guess. Honestly! Last time I ordered from them for sure. Pity, really. How about your laptop?

Can anybody chime in with some advice, though? I looked into the FF shipping fees to China (I know, right after I said I wouldn't) and it's 37AUS. *gasp* Is it like that to Europe as well? And what is the amount of polish you've to order so that it's worth it? Because right now, when I add everything up, it's 14€ for each polish I want to order, which is of course much more expensive than when I order somewhere else. Argh, so indecisive. And very likely the COTM will be sold out immediately when I decide to try to order. Help?

Sadly, yes, I believe they destroy every outgoing package with nail polish in them. :(

The shipping to the UK is 47 AUS and you have to have a minimum of 10 bottles (same for you too). It actually works out pretty much the same as buying from Rainbow Connection, so I prefer to order directly. (Plus I can't stand the RC woman.) This time I like the whole collection, so will be ordering from them directly. FYI, they do have a US shop now as well, so if you only want a few bottles, it might be cheaper ordering from the US. No 10 bottle minimum.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Nailland, but glad you've finally got your refund. I've only ordered from them once as part of a group buy, but that went well. The laptop is *fingers crossed* should be finally sorted, I'm picking it up on Tuesday, so we shall see. It's costing a lot of money, but my ex-husband has offered to pay for it, so I'm happy about that.

Will come back later with some mani pictures.

Anitacska

The Femme Fatale site crashed again last night, waited up until 1 am to be sure I get the COTM and as soon as it went live, the website crashed. Had to wait until 2 am to be able to order. Didn't want to leave it until the morning, because the COTM was capped at 150, but it was still available this morning, so I could've really. Bit tired today as a result. :zzz:

Anneri, I might have an extra Hypernova for you if we can figure out how to get it to you. Someone asked me to order them one and then went and bought one anyway, so now there's possibly one available. I'm just not sure it's worth risking sending it by RM.

Here are my latest manis. First is Alessandro Heavy Metal in Rock It Baby! and CbL Nitro over back. I know I have a gazillion dupes for these (well, not so much the CbL, except maybe EP Ciao Milano and I think I have a Hits polish that's similar too), but I can never get enough of multichromes. I just love the shiftiness of this.

20160726_110831.jpg 20160726_163832.jpg 20160726_163915.jpg 20160726_163933.jpg

Next one is my own franken from last week. I haven't named it. :)

20160728_120500.jpg 20160728_120527.jpg

Butter London Giddy Kipper with Glam Polish Gotta Have It Make It Stop! It's more blurple irl, but we all know how that works on camera...

20160730_141648.jpg 20160730_161109.jpg

Finally my current mani is ILNP Poetry with Nails Inc Bloomsbury Square (2011) untried. I just love Poetry, such a gorgeous purple. Sadly no sun today.

20160801_135347.jpg 20160801_135457.jpg

Phew, there you go. A week's worth of manis. No haul pictures as everything is going to my US postbox atm, but I have a nice little stash there already. ;)

PearlyQueen

lol, how funny you dumped the one we all wanted! I don't need it... (would have added it to my order but not ordered it alone, says it all!)
Glad you got what you wanted.

PearlyQueen

I got the Takkos I wanted from her preorder, still at Stackry though so I haven't seen them yet. I love the FF cotm! WANT lol!

PearlyQueen

The Femme Fatale site crashed again last night, waited up until 1 am to be sure I get the COTM and as soon as it went live, the website crashed. Had to wait until 2 am to be able to order. Didn't want to leave it until the morning, because the COTM was capped at 150, but it was still available this morning, so I could've really. Bit tired today as a result. :zzz:

Anneri, I might have an extra Hypernova for you if we can figure out how to get it to you. Someone asked me to order them one and then went and bought one anyway, so now there's possibly one available. I'm just not sure it's worth risking sending it by RM.

Here are my latest manis. First is Alessandro Heavy Metal in Rock It Baby! and CbL Nitro over back. I know I have a gazillion dupes for these (well, not so much the CbL, except maybe EP Ciao Milano and I think I have a Hits polish that's similar too), but I can never get enough of multichromes. I just love the shiftiness of this.

View attachment 55677 View attachment 55678 View attachment 55679 View attachment 55680

View attachment 55681 View attachment 55682

Butter London Giddy Kipper with Glam Polish Gotta Have It Make It Stop! It's more blurple irl, but we all know how that works on camera...

View attachment 55683 View attachment 55684

Finally my current mani is ILNP Poetry with Nails Inc Bloomsbury Square (2011) untried. I just love Poetry, such a gorgeous purple. Sadly no sun today.

View attachment 55685 View attachment 55686

Phew, there you go. A week's worth of manis. No haul pictures as everything is going to my US postbox atm, but I have a nice little stash there already. ;)
Love your manis, the one you made looks stunning! I'm still kicking myself for not buying those Alessandros when I saw them, and it looks lovely on you (yes, I'm sure I have about 43 dupes too!!!)
If you aren't going to be able to send Hypernova overseas, let me know and I'll take it, otherwise I'm going to try to snag one from the US site to Stackry - I don't know when it's launching, but I really love it so just saying, I might have bought it before you know what's happening with your spare!!!

Anneri

View attachment 55677 View attachment 55678 View attachment 55679 View attachment 55680

View attachment 55681 View attachment 55682

View attachment 55683 View attachment 55684

View attachment 55685 View attachment 55686

So many pretty manis! Love all of them and would've worn ever polish in a heartbeat!

I got a little MeiMei order in with some EP dupes (the Glam dupe for 7 Nation Army and Chaos & Crocodiles An Alpaca with a plan) and some other bits and bobs, and am waiting for my BSF order with the FF Here and Back again Collex.

Anitacska, if you really have a Hypernova for me that'd be the best birthday present (my birthday is actually tomorrow, but never mind)! Let me think about a few possibilities to send it - I don't want it to fall into the RM's hands!

Anitacska

So many pretty manis! Love all of them and would've worn ever polish in a heartbeat!

I got a little MeiMei order in with some EP dupes (the Glam dupe for 7 Nation Army and Chaos & Crocodiles An Alpaca with a plan) and some other bits and bobs, and am waiting for my BSF order with the FF Here and Back again Collex.

Anitacska, if you really have a Hypernova for me that'd be the best birthday present (my birthday is actually tomorrow, but never mind)! Let me think about a few possibilities to send it - I don't want it to fall into the RM's hands!

Happy birthday Anneri! :birthday:

Let me know if you have any idea on how to get Hypernova to you. The only options I can think of are couriers, but they are very expensive. :( You might be better off ordering it from the US site once it launches. I won't have mine until after I come back from holiday, so have a bit of time to think about it yet.

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Happy Birthday Anneri! Hope your Hypernova makes it to you!!!
Enjoy your new goodies - I have my eye on a couple of the FF Here and Back Agains, hopefully get them when/if Hypernova becomes mine!
Alpaca looks very nice too, I've been sitting on my hands with that one.
Anyhow, hope you got some nice goodies!!!!

Latest posts