Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Mani pictures: first is Pretty & Polished Pretty 2.0. It's more purple irl and looked quite muted, but I only had time for a quick mani, so it had to do.

20160714_143033.jpg

My current one is Topshop Mercury Miasma with Deborah Lippmann Stronger.

20160716_125035.jpg 20160716_125050.jpg

Anitacska

Have you all seen the new EP? Coming on Sunday, not pre-order, but one time release. Newsletter coming soon. I'm not sure about this one at the moment.

newest EP.png

PearlyQueen

I get where you're coming from, I try to do that too, but sometimes fail miserably. Oh well, at least if it's a brand that sells cheap polishes, you don't end up spending too much. ;)

I used to buy loads of DD, but I'm just not that interested. What really put me off was the way she did the launch for the FB group exclusives. No notice, just listed them in the middle of the night, so by the time I noticed, they were gone. I prefer knowing in advance. (Alright, I know, EP and such, but the beauty of DD was that it was so much easier to buy.)

Thank you! I know what you mean about CLW, it looks a bit meh in the bottle.

Oh I know, all of those samples are so beautiful! I'm happy at least I got 2, the limit was 3, so didn't do too bad. The FF restocks aren't normally that bad, I think it was because a couple of the Oops colours were so limited and loads of people were trying for them. Well, it's not like I don't have enough polishes to use though...

Thanks. Vapid is a new brand for me, I originally only had Spellcaster (from the Hela Holo Customs group) and then looked into it, it's one of these quite limited, very sought after brands, not sure if it's worth the hassle yet, but what I've got are nice polishes.

Oh no, where is your package from? Really hope you get it asap. I hate customs so much. Of course after Brexit everything will be subject to customs. :(

Pretty! Your middle nail has caught up quickly!

It's funny, the polishes I have from PFD are all blues, purples and greys, whereas you have this bright berry red one! :) I only discovered this brand in the winter, but since I love everything with flakies, I now own 16 of their polishes.

Hurrah for low cost brands!
I still haven't had a card from customs, it's over 2 weeks now, have emailed, phoned several times, they can't take payment in person without the card because they don't know how much it would be! It's driving me nuts, every day I come home from work hoping, but nothing.
The package is from DRK Nails, a load of Esmaltes da Kelly polishes, they were soooo cheap I couldn't resist, but they're driving me insane!!!
I wasn't even aware that DD had done Facebook exclusives!
Thanks, I really enjoyed that PFD - most of the ones I have are blue/grey/purple too!

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Gosh, I'm so pissed about Nailland right now! I ordered from them ages ago, and stressed at the same time that it's really important that I receive my order at Thursday latest because I leave for Shanghai on Friday. I even upgraded my shipping to make sure of that. To cut a long story short, they mixed up orders, I got somebody else's, she got mine, and there's no chance in hell I get my own polishes until Friday morning. :mad:

I'm so angry I could spit. That was my Masura order, and also the ILNP pre-order. Gah.

Sorry for the rant, but with you fellow NPAs I at least know that you understand!

We hear you sister!!!
Seriously, soooo annoying, grrrr.

PearlyQueen

I've spent the last few days rearranging my polishes as I now have several completely full drawers. Managed to free up some space in my Alexes by moving 4 drawers' stuff into the last few empty rainbow drawers. It's still not great, but they are a lot more spaced out now, however if I buy more polish from certain brands, I might have to rearrange again. I try to keep them in alphabetical order, but some brands I have more polish from than others, so it doesn't always work. Oh well, as long as I know where everything is...

Huh, I thought I'd been relatively good this past month, but just looked at my credit card bill, and I've spend quite a bit more on polish than I thought. :( No wonder my drawers got so full.

Anyway, here's some haul pictures, my Femme Fatales have arrived (via the UK group buy) and a small order from RC.

View attachment 55411 View attachment 55412

The first two are my samples, then the July COTM and the other 3 are the Oops I could get. Plus the Edm and Sayuri are both FF exclusives.

Just a couple of CbLs and a Grace-full from RC.

View attachment 55413

I'll post some mani pictures later too. I've been out Pokemon hunting with my younger two and need to finish making dinner.

Love your haul!
Be careful Pokemon hunting, I've heard it can be dangerous!

PearlyQueen

Have you all seen the new EP? Coming on Sunday, not pre-order, but one time release. Newsletter coming soon. I'm not sure about this one at the moment.

View attachment 55421

Oh lordy, it's just impossible to cut down, isn't it??? It's not astounding or unusual but I really like it - although the chances of getting one will be slim. Why does she do this single pour no preorder rubbish??? Sooo irritating, she is capable of doing it differently and often does, but the nicer polishes she loves to ration! GRRRR
I will of course attempt to get one....

Anitacska

Hurrah for low cost brands!
I still haven't had a card from customs, it's over 2 weeks now, have emailed, phoned several times, they can't take payment in person without the card because they don't know how much it would be! It's driving me nuts, every day I come home from work hoping, but nothing.
The package is from DRK Nails, a load of Esmaltes da Kelly polishes, they were soooo cheap I couldn't resist, but they're driving me insane!!!
I wasn't even aware that DD had done Facebook exclusives!
Thanks, I really enjoyed that PFD - most of the ones I have are blue/grey/purple too!

Oh no, that is really annoying about customs. Sounds like a company not to bother with in the future. :(

That looks cute!

Thank you!

Love your haul!
Be careful Pokemon hunting, I've heard it can be dangerous!

Thanks!

There's nothing dangerous about Pokemon hunting if you keep your eyes on the road when crossing, etc. I haven't let my 10-year-old out on his own, but I think I'll have to as I'm getting fed up of having to go out with him all the time, hahaha. Not complaining though as he's a proper couch potato, so I should be really pleased if he asks to go outside!

I'm not feeling the first mani, but the Topshop polish is really nice!

I wasn't feeling it much either, although it did look better irl, it was more purple and had subtle holo and gold flakies. None of that showed up in the pictures.

Thanks.

Oh lordy, it's just impossible to cut down, isn't it??? It's not astounding or unusual but I really like it - although the chances of getting one will be slim. Why does she do this single pour no preorder rubbish??? Sooo irritating, she is capable of doing it differently and often does, but the nicer polishes she loves to ration! GRRRR
I will of course attempt to get one....

No, I don't get it either. I'll probably try for it, because it's EP, but to be honest, if it was any other brand, I most likely wouldn't buy it. How stupid is that?

I'm trying to decide if I want to order the Holo Hookup box, it looks pretty, but none of the polishes are that amazing. Also the pound is still so weak. :(

PearlyQueen

Oh no, that is really annoying about customs. Sounds like a company not to bother with in the future. :(

Thank you!

Thanks!

There's nothing dangerous about Pokemon hunting if you keep your eyes on the road when crossing, etc. I haven't let my 10-year-old out on his own, but I think I'll have to as I'm getting fed up of having to go out with him all the time, hahaha. Not complaining though as he's a proper couch potato, so I should be really pleased if he asks to go outside!

I wasn't feeling it much either, although it did look better irl, it was more purple and had subtle holo and gold flakies. None of that showed up in the pictures.

Thanks.

No, I don't get it either. I'll probably try for it, because it's EP, but to be honest, if it was any other brand, I most likely wouldn't buy it. How stupid is that?

I'm trying to decide if I want to order the Holo Hookup box, it looks pretty, but none of the polishes are that amazing. Also the pound is still so weak. :(

I agree re EP, but in fairness all the ones I've worn I've loved, even the ones I wouldn't expect to!
Holo Hookup is pretty, but I don't think any of them are that unique, I'm out!

Anitacska

I agree re EP, but in fairness all the ones I've worn I've loved, even the ones I wouldn't expect to!
Holo Hookup is pretty, but I don't think any of them are that unique, I'm out!

Yeah, I think you're right about the Holo Hookup box. Probably best save my money. There's been a few other things on my wishlist for a while.

I have a couple of new manis. The first one is Sally Hansen Lavender Pearl (2011 untried) over black with Indigo Bananas Island Universe (holo) over it.

20160718_111948.jpg 20160718_112011.jpg View attachment 55503 20160718_112118.jpg

Current mani is Femme Fatale Asteroid Sunsets, one of the May Oops polishes.

20160720_093435.jpg 20160720_093440.jpg

PearlyQueen

Yeah, I think you're right about the Holo Hookup box. Probably best save my money. There's been a few other things on my wishlist for a while.

I have a couple of new manis. The first one is Sally Hansen Lavender Pearl (2011 untried) over black with Indigo Bananas Island Universe (holo) over it.

View attachment 55501 View attachment 55502 View attachment 55503 View attachment 55504

View attachment 55505 View attachment 55506

Both lovely! I don't think the FF would suit me, but I like it!

Fuzzy

I've spent the last few days rearranging my polishes as I now have several completely full drawers. Managed to free up some space in my Alexes by moving 4 drawers' stuff into the last few empty rainbow drawers. It's still not great, but they are a lot more spaced out now, however if I buy more polish from certain brands, I might have to rearrange again. I try to keep them in alphabetical order, but some brands I have more polish from than others, so it doesn't always work. Oh well, as long as I know where everything is...

Huh, I thought I'd been relatively good this past month, but just looked at my credit card bill, and I've spend quite a bit more on polish than I thought. :( No wonder my drawers got so full.

Anyway, here's some haul pictures, my Femme Fatales have arrived (via the UK group buy) and a small order from RC.

View attachment 55411 View attachment 55412

The first two are my samples, then the July COTM and the other 3 are the Oops I could get. Plus the Edm and Sayuri are both FF exclusives.

Just a couple of CbLs and a Grace-full from RC.

View attachment 55413

I'll post some mani pictures later too. I've been out Pokemon hunting with my younger two and need to finish making dinner.

I've been doing a bit of re-arranging too, and I finally completed my nail polish and makeup spreadsheets (ouch all that typing!) I attempted to put the polishes I haven't used yet toward the front. Nice haul

Mani pictures: first is Pretty & Polished Pretty 2.0. It's more purple irl and looked quite muted, but I only had time for a quick mani, so it had to do.

View attachment 55414

My current one is Topshop Mercury Miasma with Deborah Lippmann Stronger.

View attachment 55415 View attachment 55416

great manis! The topshop polish is very pretty! When arranging I realized I haven't used most of my Lippmanns, I'll have to correct that.

View attachment 55501 View attachment 55502 View attachment 55503 View attachment 55504

View attachment 55505 View attachment 55506

cool combination on the first one, I also have Lavender Pearl...
The FF is really nice!

Latest mani is Literary Lacquers If It Pleases You:
View attachment 55514 View attachment 55515 View attachment 55516

what an interesting colour! pretty mani!

---

I got desperate waiting for NailPolishCanada to get HK Girl back in stock and I ordered it with that Color4Nails anniversary sale instead... it ended up being cheaper anyway, I'll just have to wait longer for it. I can't keep using this *two half used up bottles poured into one with a bunch of thinner added* forever lol

Anitacska

I've been doing a bit of re-arranging too, and I finally completed my nail polish and makeup spreadsheets (ouch all that typing!) I attempted to put the polishes I haven't used yet toward the front. Nice haul

great manis! The topshop polish is very pretty! When arranging I realized I haven't used most of my Lippmanns, I'll have to correct that.

The FF is really nice!

---

I got desperate waiting for NailPolishCanada to get HK Girl back in stock and I ordered it with that Color4Nails anniversary sale instead... it ended up being cheaper anyway, I'll just have to wait longer for it. I can't keep using this *two half used up bottles poured into one with a bunch of thinner added* forever lol

I also need to sort out my spreadsheet now that I've moved the polishes about. I need a laptop to take upstairs with me to do it, but currently 2 of our laptops are being fixed, so that will have to wait.

Multithanks!

I like C4N, don't often order from them, but they are usually pretty quick and quite cheap.

I received my Glam order, this is through the UK group order that now goes through the FB group (as she has no European stockists left). It is cheaper than ordering from the US shop to be sent to my US postbox, so maybe something else to consider PQ. ;) The polish on the left is the FB group exclusive.

View attachment 55569

My daughter asked me the other day if we can make a nail polish for her and she came up with the idea to make it look like a galaxy, so we made this:

20160722_161915.jpg 20160722_161922.jpg 20160722_191208.jpg

I also made this for myself:

20160722_162004.jpg 20160722_191228.jpg 20160722_191408.jpg

Couple of mani pictures, first one is EP Mercy with Ever After Little Foot:

20160722_113431.jpg 20160722_113529.jpg

Current mani is OPI Be a Dahlia Won't You? with OPI I Lily Love You (2011 untried).

20160724_110047.jpg 20160724_144457.jpg

Have you seen the other new EP, Christmas in July? I don't know what's with me, but neither has wowed me, I'll probably try to get them though cause it's EP, but I don't think I'd be gutted if I missed out.

PearlyQueen

The FF is really nice!

---

Thanks!
I think we've all been there with the topcoat, it always feels a bit of a waste since it's essentially invisible once it's on!
Yay for getting it at a discount though, always a bonus!

PearlyQueen

I also need to sort out my spreadsheet now that I've moved the polishes about. I need a laptop to take upstairs with me to do it, but currently 2 of our laptops are being fixed, so that will have to wait.

Multithanks!

I like C4N, don't often order from them, but they are usually pretty quick and quite cheap.

I received my Glam order, this is through the UK group order that now goes through the FB group (as she has no European stockists left). It is cheaper than ordering from the US shop to be sent to my US postbox, so maybe something else to consider PQ. ;) The polish on the left is the FB group exclusive.

View attachment 55569

My daughter asked me the other day if we can make a nail polish for her and she came up with the idea to make it look like a galaxy, so we made this:

View attachment 55570 View attachment 55571 View attachment 55572

I also made this for myself:

View attachment 55573 View attachment 55574 View attachment 55575

Couple of mani pictures, first one is EP Mercy with Ever After Little Foot:

View attachment 55576 View attachment 55577

Current mani is OPI Be a Dahlia Won't You? with OPI I Lily Love You (2011 untried).

View attachment 55578 View attachment 55579

Have you seen the other new EP, Christmas in July? I don't know what's with me, but neither has wowed me, I'll probably try to get them though cause it's EP, but I don't think I'd be gutted if I missed out.

I really fancied that FB Glam, glad you got it though! Your haul looks lovely.
I'm really impressed with your purple franken - looks exactly like something Femme Fatale would make and I'd buy!
Your manis are well nice - I surprised myself by loving that pink OPI!
I'm sorry you're not wowed by the EPs - I'm the same with the blue, but OMG if I don't get that red I'll be devastated, I totally love it. I'm going to try for the others from last time too, but I'm prepared for disappointment with those if I get the red!

PearlyQueen

My new mani is Spell Polish Lizard's Leg:
lizards leg 1.JPG lizards leg 2.JPG lizards leg 3.JPG

Isn't it great when you find out your polish is a one-coater??? I did do two for longevity, but I really didn't need to, makes such a nice change from 3 (or occasionally 4!).

Latest posts