Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

It's showing in stock now!
And yay for speedy Elevations!!!

I was looking forward to a relaxing evening yesterday but first I continued arguing with dumbass idiots (excuse my French) who have sent my LE order to someone else :storm:and then, just before midnight, I noticed that the FFs are coming up and had a serious the-bad-old-days-of buying-np moment! It took me 35 minutes to push three buttons and check out! And I have a brand new optical fibre connection, ten times faster than before :(.

Anitacska

Finally got too big for her sparkly boots I fear!

Yes, I have a feeling it has finally happened.

This is cute! Those Mari Moons were some of my very early "indie" purchases, still haven't worn any of them!

Thanks. They were one of my first Llarowe purchases too. I have worn a few of them already, but it's funny how they looked really amazing at the time, but not anymore.

New mani is Glam Polish Nani:

View attachment 53192 View attachment 53193 View attachment 53194 View attachment 53195

I'm surprised at how much tipwear I have after just a day, though that may be down to my somewhat old topcoat.

This is pretty! Shame about the shrinkage. Some polishes shrink really badly with H K Girl for me.

I was looking forward to a relaxing evening yesterday but first I continued arguing with dumbass idiots (excuse my French) who have sent my LE order to someone else :storm:and then, just before midnight, I noticed that the FFs are coming up and had a serious the-bad-old-days-of buying-np moment! It took me 35 minutes to push three buttons and check out! And I have a brand new optical fibre connection, ten times faster than before :(.

Oh no! What company sent your order to the wrong person?

Sophie did say the website was going to be slow. She had 90 sets of Enchanted Fables with the free polish, so I guess people didn't want to risk missing out. I bought mine while sitting on the train home from London at midnight. (I went to see Reckless Love, a Finnish band, MRV you might have heard of them.) I think it was fine by then, but at first the site was very clogged up. Glad you got yours though. Did you buy the set and the COTM? I did.

MRV

Sophie did say the website was going to be slow. She had 90 sets of Enchanted Fables with the free polish, so I guess people didn't want to risk missing out. I bought mine while sitting on the train home from London at midnight. (I went to see Reckless Love, a Finnish band, MRV you might have heard of them.) I think it was fine by then, but at first the site was very clogged up. Glad you got yours though. Did you buy the set and the COTM? I did.

Well I opened a box with Shipito after a friend told me that it works without extra verifications. It was my third package and a second order from a same company so they had no excuses (the first one came ok).

Oh, I did not know all this. I just noticed that they had a version 2 of Bodice Laces which was the only np I had missed out so I though I have to order right away since there was only a little amount of it. And yes, got the set and the COTM, too.

Oh! I know the lead singer Olli Herman. He's a known character here, has appeared in tv shows, too. Really not familiar with their music though.

(I seem to have difficulties in posting... the button does not work and at home i got error messages. Anyone else?)

Anitacska

Well I opened a box with Shipito after a friend told me that it works without extra verifications. It was my third package and a second order from a same company so they had no excuses (the first one came ok).

Oh, I did not know all this. I just noticed that they had a version 2 of Bodice Laces which was the only np I had missed out so I though I have to order right away since there was only a little amount of it. And yes, got the set and the COTM, too.

Oh! I know the lead singer Olli Herman. He's a known character here, has appeared in tv shows, too. Really not familiar with their music though.

(I seem to have difficulties in posting... the button does not work and at home i got error messages. Anyone else?)

Oh no, how annoying. :( Hope it gets sorted soon.

Oh yes, I saw that too, but I already have BL. I figured since she had 90 sets, I'd be okay for a while. They're all gone now. Wow. On that note, have you seen the new FF exclusives? Shiro has two, C4N has one, Hypnotic has 2 new ones as well. Hard to keep up!

Reckless Love are quite good, melodic hard rock, my kind of music really. I didn't know them at all, had heard of Olli, he is quite an eye candy and my friend I went with (who is Finnish) had sent me a few links, one was a talent show where he sang Jump. They were fun, and their support band was Santa Cruz, I believe they're also Finnish.

I don't have any difficulties posting.

Anitacska

Anyone ordering the Glams tonight? I will, but won't get all of them at once. Definitely the new trio and probably the pinks and purples. Will leave the others for later. Also, I have just placed a large order with Hypnotic Polish. Oops.

Anitacska

Anyone ordering the Glams tonight? I will, but won't get all of them at once. Definitely the new trio and probably the pinks and purples. Will leave the others for later. Also, I have just placed a large order with Hypnotic Polish. Oops.

Well that didn't quite go to plan, lol. I was doing dinner, so by the time I remembered, the bright pink and the glitter polish had sold out. Didn't want the whole order to be backordered, so instead went with all the other ones and the trio. Got an e-mail this morning to say they'd shipped already! Will get the missing two with either my next order or from RC/HP.

I had a bit of nail mail yesterday, most of the stuff I've ordered lately had gone to Stackry. The polish on the left is Twilight's Flight, it was in the first My Favourite Things box, and I'd been hunting for it for ages. Luckily I found someone to sell it to me. It's so pretty. The other 3 are from the March PTR box which I wasn't going to buy, but then found someone who wanted the other two polishes, so got it in the end. But it's such a let down, a) it's not even a flipping box, just a mesh bag, and b) there's no bonus item included in it anymore, yet the price is still the same. Femme Fatale is making a polish for the one next month, ugh, I already know I will want it. :(

View attachment 53250

My current mani is China Glaze Pack Lightly with FF Cinders of Sleep. The CG was such a pain to apply, very runny and still uneven after 3 coats. Meh. Also my camera refused to show its true colour, it's much more pink than my picture shows.

20160402_112400.jpg

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Fuzzy, you're a genius! I couldn't figure out why I couldn't post pics - and then you mentioned the iOS update! Hah!

View attachment 52792

Yay! So, that's the nailland cbl exclusive. Scattered sun-flare.

And hi from Shanghai, everybody!

I'm just a person that wanted the taco emoji lol
Pretty mani! Hello to Shanghai!

Nice manis, especially the blue!

Thank you!

I love this combo - I'm kind of into reddy-brown shimmery nails at the moment. CT isn't a brand I love though, the ones I've used have been difficult to work with.

Thanks! It was only one coat of the CT so it was ok, but it did chip fast.

Last two manis:
Takko Lacquer Electric Flamingo:
View attachment 52798

Girly Bits Crantini:
View attachment 52799

The neon was well out of my comfort zone!

great manis! I like the neon!

EdMs from RC:

View attachment 52813

My current mani, Zoya Gloria (2011 untried) with Orly It's a Meteor on the accents:

View attachment 52814

Oh, nearly forgot, if anyone bought Femme Fatale Snow Globe (Dope Nails exclusive), check it as it's another fader. I got an e-mail from FF because I bought it directly from them. It's gone from purple to pink (as usual).

Nice EdMs! Great mani!

Hypnotic Polish order

View attachment 52840

My current mani is EP March 2015 with Glam Polish Are You Sea-rious?

View attachment 52838 View attachment 52839

Great haul! Pretty sea-coloured mani!

Congrats on your grandma's birthday! My next door neighbor is also going to turn 90 later this year.

So neat manis again! And nice to see Whimsy (I have not worn it yet).

Thanks! The stamping is actually a decal. Hey, that not a strange brown :zombie: !

Lovely! That's a great dark combo.

That's an awesome catch, Fuzzy! I have the yellow, too (now that's a strange np :p ).

Thank you and thank you! Whimsy is a pretty one!

ah a decal! haha it's much warmer toned than most brown polishes!
Thanks!

haha it's a strange one for sure, I have no idea how I will wear it, but I just had to get it.

My two recent manis, first is Darling Diva Temporary Insanity over black and the accents stamped with Kaleidoscope 54 Storm Cloud. The stamping polish is amazing, it's so opaque and so shifty! I took loads of pictures. :)

View attachment 52886 View attachment 52887 View attachment 52888 View attachment 52889 View attachment 52890 View attachment 52891

My current mani is Jindie Nails Midnight Rainbow with Lilypad Lacquer Pure Indulgence on the accents stamped with various polishes. On that note, I need a good blue stamping polish. And a red one. Maybe I'll try out the EdM ones. Not too happy with the Hit The Bottle ones I have, they dry too quickly to transfer easily.

View attachment 52892 View attachment 52893

:heart: wow so pretty, that Kaleidoscope stamping polish is great!
second mani makes me think of fireworks :)

And my latest mani - Elevation Polish Quarter Past Midnight:

View attachment 52894 View attachment 52895 View attachment 52896 View attachment 52897 View attachment 52898 View attachment 52899

Lots of pics coz it's shifty, gorgeous and a very grown-up multichrome, which shifts effortlessly through every colour you can think of! Even red, which is really rare in my experience. On the way home in the low afternoon sun it looked like a brown jelly filled with liquid gold, it's really nice and if you love multichromes, you should try it!

gorgeous!

My order from Mei Mei. The middle Takko is more purple, but my camera said no.

View attachment 52912

According to DHL my Femme Fatales are supposed to arrive today, but they were still in Hong Kong last night, so very much doubt it. Definitely won't be staying in to wait for them, although today would be the day when I could. I'm out a lot tomorrow, bet I'll miss them. Typical. :(

nice haul!

That's better, got my Femme Fatale delivery. :) MRV, what did you get? I ordered the lot, of course! ;)

View attachment 52961 View attachment 52962

My current mani is Color Club Perfect Mol-ten topped with one of my own frankens. On the accents I added Bow Polish thermo top coat (black) before the franken. It's pretty cool.

View attachment 52963 View attachment 52964

I'm really cross with Stackry (again). They've now decided to add a $12.50 hazmat processing fee to my invoice. Contacted them and told them that's bloody ridiculous, they can't go charging people fees that aren't even listed on their website. The managed (Teresa) credited my account with it, but I'm guessing going forward I'm going to have to swallow it, or not bother with Stackry anymore. So PQ, if you get this too, be sure to dispute it!

Edit: They've added the fee to the website now. Someone else I know disputed it too, but they were too quick and added it before she e-mailed them. Poo.

Great FF haul!
Nice mani!

arg! they'll get you with any fee they can

Anneri

I'm totally disgruntled nailpolish-wise. I *still* haven't gotten my Takkos from MeiMei - I emailed her, and she says they're still in transit, but tracking shows no movement after they arrived at the 'procession center' (in Singapore), so despite MeiMei telling me that they're in transit to China and haven't been scanned in China yet, I believe that they were lost in Singapore. Next week it'll be a month. What do you all think - should I open a PP claim?

My parents sent me a package two weeks ago, and it shows that it's already in Peking, so I think that it'll arrive next week, and that was send from Germany!

Anyways - I've just a handful of polishes with me, and I'm getting bored with them!!! And it'll takes at least three weeks until our sea freight container arrives and I'll be (hopefully) re-united with my (hopefully undamaged) beauty stuff! Wah! Totally depressing. I'm soooooooooo jealous of all of your hauls! I'm accompanying hubby to Singapore in five weeks, and hopefully I can haul there.

Fuzzy

New mani is Colors by Llarowe Life In The Fast Lane:
View attachment 52978

I like this way better than I thought I would - I nearly didn't buy it but it's stunning in 3 coats.

nice sparkle!

Current mani is Elevation The Walker with Femme Fatale Perpetual Purple, one of my samples from the sample sale last November.

View attachment 52979 View attachment 52981

Very pretty!

My latest Stackry shipment is due to arrive tomorrow with lots of Glams, some Femme Fatales and EP Tulle. Also the newest Guerlain Meteorites that I've not even seen for sale here. Hope the idiots at Stackry have kept all the boxes.

My current mani is one of the new Femme Fatale, Fields of Treasure, and the roses done using vinyls and Hema 802 (pink) and Zoya Holly. This isn't a colour I'd normally go for, but I really like it.

View attachment 52989 View attachment 52990

A nice springy mani!

Uh, I'm so busy these days. Cleaning and purging at work since I've been demoted: I have to move from 4th floor to the 1st :p.

A retry:

View attachment 53010 ILNP Bishop (haven't worn multichromes in ages)

View attachment 53011 Elevation Mount Augustus (I was inspired by PQ!)

View attachment 53012 Dior 319 Sunwashed (a yellow I had no problems with!)

I've just written to both!

Oh, the stamping is very pretty! And it goes well with the other np, too.

The second stamping's also very nice!

Pony! :heart:

Yeah, I got the lot, too, and three of those EdM stamping polishes. Used the light purple one already in one mani (pic coming soon). The other two are shimmer/metallic.

That's a nice, surprising accent!

:jawsdown: 22??? :bonk:I know April is my BD month, but 22...? Speaking of BD, isn't it yours these days, Anitacska? :party:

I still have not ordered from ILNP since 2015! :D

I'm sorry to hear that, MRV :(

I like the yellow mani, nice to hear it was a good polish!

Was there an email? This would be the second time she does not send me email. :(

Now this def. is from the blingy side! Very nice.

You mean you are stung by customs with regular mail or with Stackry?

Pretty purples!

I've ordered a lot directly from Elevation. Never had any problems. Anneri mentioned that it takes a long time - hmm, maybe lately (I'm falling behind with them, too), but generally it's been ok.

Hope you get them soon! Sorry about those prices there. They must think painting your nails is luxury or something.

Very pretty! You chose the same polish to begin with. I really liked this one. A very springy green with pink flash. :heart:

Here are the latest:

View attachment 53014 Enchanted Faerydae
View attachment 53015 FF Fields of Treasure (with EdM bright purple stamping polish)
View attachment 53016 Illamasqua Speckle

Great manis! I like the little dragon!

Contents of my Stackry shipment:

Glam Polish My Little Pony and Marilyn collections

View attachment 53045 View attachment 53046

Various other polishes incl. Indigo Bananas Multi Pass, EP Tulle, Femme Fatale HHC trio and reformulated Loves Wound

View attachment 53047

Really underwhelmed by Tulle, it's a lot more nude and less pink than I'd hoped for (not as bland as in the picture though).

Also some bits from Paint the Rainbow, these were in the December box. I only wanted these 3, so didn't get the box, but she's split them up, so I finally ordered these.

View attachment 53048

Current mani is the bright pink I did the roses with, Hema 802 with Hits Glitter's World Viena.

View attachment 53049 View attachment 53050

Great haul and pretty bright pink mani!

New mani - Colors by Llarowe Purple Rain:

View attachment 53055 View attachment 53056

This was a pig to work with but it came out nice - after 4 coats...

Very pretty! sorry it needed so many coats

Thank you!

Here's today's Easter mani! Not perfect, but turned out okay.

View attachment 53137

Used all 7 of my Color Club pastel neons for the stripes and the decals (plus a green China Glaze for the leaves on the decals).

Very cute! ^_^

Last night I finally got around to removing my Easter mani, it was too cute and too much hard work to remove before then, lol. Current mani is Hits Mari Moon Daring with Dance Legend Hell Money on the accents with some wonky stamping.

View attachment 53186 View attachment 53187 View attachment 53188

Nice mani!

New mani is Glam Polish Nani:

View attachment 53192 View attachment 53193 View attachment 53194 View attachment 53195

I'm surprised at how much tipwear I have after just a day, though that may be down to my somewhat old topcoat.

Pretty purple!

Well that didn't quite go to plan, lol. I was doing dinner, so by the time I remembered, the bright pink and the glitter polish had sold out. Didn't want the whole order to be backordered, so instead went with all the other ones and the trio. Got an e-mail this morning to say they'd shipped already! Will get the missing two with either my next order or from RC/HP.

I had a bit of nail mail yesterday, most of the stuff I've ordered lately had gone to Stackry. The polish on the left is Twilight's Flight, it was in the first My Favourite Things box, and I'd been hunting for it for ages. Luckily I found someone to sell it to me. It's so pretty. The other 3 are from the March PTR box which I wasn't going to buy, but then found someone who wanted the other two polishes, so got it in the end. But it's such a let down, a) it's not even a flipping box, just a mesh bag, and b) there's no bonus item included in it anymore, yet the price is still the same. Femme Fatale is making a polish for the one next month, ugh, I already know I will want it. :(

View attachment 53250

My current mani is China Glaze Pack Lightly with FF Cinders of Sleep. The CG was such a pain to apply, very runny and still uneven after 3 coats. Meh. Also my camera refused to show its true colour, it's much more pink than my picture shows.

View attachment 53251

sorry the CG was so difficult, the glitter is really nice!

Anitacska

I'm totally disgruntled nailpolish-wise. I *still* haven't gotten my Takkos from MeiMei - I emailed her, and she says they're still in transit, but tracking shows no movement after they arrived at the 'procession center' (in Singapore), so despite MeiMei telling me that they're in transit to China and haven't been scanned in China yet, I believe that they were lost in Singapore. Next week it'll be a month. What do you all think - should I open a PP claim?

My parents sent me a package two weeks ago, and it shows that it's already in Peking, so I think that it'll arrive next week, and that was send from Germany!

Anyways - I've just a handful of polishes with me, and I'm getting bored with them!!! And it'll takes at least three weeks until our sea freight container arrives and I'll be (hopefully) re-united with my (hopefully undamaged) beauty stuff! Wah! Totally depressing. I'm soooooooooo jealous of all of your hauls! I'm accompanying hubby to Singapore in five weeks, and hopefully I can haul there.

Aaw, sorry to hear it's taking so long for the Takkos to arrive. I'd give it another week, but perhaps e-mail her back to say they haven't even left Singapore, see if she can get the PO to look into it. I have to say I find these Chinese ladies very unhelpful, Sisi from C4N is the same, no help at all, and Annette from RC is really rude sometimes. I don't know what it is with them.

Really hope all your stuff arrives intact. I'd be so nervous if I had to ship my stash overseas. :scared: Hope you can find lots of pretties in Singapore. Are there any online nail polish stores in China?

Otherwise, how are you finding life in China? Are the people friendly? How's your Mandarin coming along?

Anitacska

I'm just a person that wanted the taco emoji lol
Pretty mani! Hello to Shanghai!

Thank you!

Thanks! It was only one coat of the CT so it was ok, but it did chip fast.

great manis! I like the neon!

Nice EdMs! Great mani!

Great haul! Pretty sea-coloured mani!

Thank you and thank you! Whimsy is a pretty one!

ah a decal! haha it's much warmer toned than most brown polishes!
Thanks!

haha it's a strange one for sure, I have no idea how I will wear it, but I just had to get it.

:heart: wow so pretty, that Kaleidoscope stamping polish is great!
second mani makes me think of fireworks :)

gorgeous!

nice haul!

Great FF haul!
Nice mani!

arg! they'll get you with any fee they can

Hi Fuzzy! :wavey::thankyou: on all counts!

nice sparkle!

Very pretty!

A nice springy mani!

I'm sorry to hear that, MRV :(

I like the yellow mani, nice to hear it was a good polish!

Great manis! I like the little dragon!

Great haul and pretty bright pink mani!

Very pretty! sorry it needed so many coats

Very cute! ^_^

Nice mani!

Pretty purple!

sorry the CG was so difficult, the glitter is really nice!

Multithanks! Yes, the glitter is so pretty! I really like the new stuff FF does, but the old glitters and holos are so nice too.

Fuzzy

I would probably wait until it's been a month, that's what I usually do. Hopefully it gets moving through the post so you don't have to!

I'd be so paranoid about shipping that stuff, I was too freaked out about the heat on a 45 minute drive in the summer to put my makeup and polish in the moving truck, I brought it in my mom's air conditioned car lol I think shipping containers are way tougher than yucky old u-haul trucks though!

----

I haven't painted my nails until recently. I had some nail trouble with my thumb, it was splitting across from the side and it finally got to the point where I had to cut it off crazy ouchy short and putting polish on it wasn't a good option, but it's back to its normal healthy self now so...

A England - Briarwood

View attachment 53294
image.jpg

I can't remember if I have worn this one before or not haha
of course there's never any sun when I want to take pics, only gray and rain!

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Yes, I have a feeling it has finally happened.

Thanks. They were one of my first Llarowe purchases too. I have worn a few of them already, but it's funny how they looked really amazing at the time, but not anymore.

This is pretty! Shame about the shrinkage. Some polishes shrink really badly with H K Girl for me.

Well it wasn't HK Girl and was only on my right hand, I'm blaming wear - but my topcoat is down to the last drops, so may be the cause. I've been clearing old top coats out recently, if they don't dry quickly they're history! I'm down to just a couple plus my HK Girl, which I plan to pretty much stick with as I like it a lot.

PearlyQueen

Oh no, how annoying. :( Hope it gets sorted soon.

Oh yes, I saw that too, but I already have BL. I figured since she had 90 sets, I'd be okay for a while. They're all gone now. Wow. On that note, have you seen the new FF exclusives? Shiro has two, C4N has one, Hypnotic has 2 new ones as well. Hard to keep up!

Reckless Love are quite good, melodic hard rock, my kind of music really. I didn't know them at all, had heard of Olli, he is quite an eye candy and my friend I went with (who is Finnish) had sent me a few links, one was a talent show where he sang Jump. They were fun, and their support band was Santa Cruz, I believe they're also Finnish.

I don't have any difficulties posting.

Exclusives - grrrr!!! Way too many, too many places, too many lots of shipping etc. I do like the Shiro ones, but they're SO.

PearlyQueen

I got the trio and a few odds and ends from other collections I wanted.
I had an annoying nail polish day though - I saw RC had Giraffes back in stock a few days earlier, but decided I'd wait for the CbL colour of the month and get them together. Of course, when I tried to check them out, Giraffes was gone again - guess I wasn't the only one with that plan. Saw that Hypnotic had Giraffes and the new one in stock, put them in my basket, had a look around the site then went to check out - and Giraffes was SO again!!!
It's obviously available at Llarowe, and Nailland have it, but shipping is sooo expensive for just one polish, I'm holding off for a while - besides, I did end up getting not just the Glams but also a small RC order inc the new one, so I should really wait for next month's money.

PearlyQueen

Oh no, hope they arrive soon. It's funny how once upon a time we survived with a half dozen nail polishes total, now it drives you nuts not to have hundreds!!!

PearlyQueen

I would probably wait until it's been a month, that's what I usually do. Hopefully it gets moving through the post so you don't have to!

I'd be so paranoid about shipping that stuff, I was too freaked out about the heat on a 45 minute drive in the summer to put my makeup and polish in the moving truck, I brought it in my mom's air conditioned car lol I think shipping containers are way tougher than yucky old u-haul trucks though!

----

I haven't painted my nails until recently. I had some nail trouble with my thumb, it was splitting across from the side and it finally got to the point where I had to cut it off crazy ouchy short and putting polish on it wasn't a good option, but it's back to its normal healthy self now so...

A England - Briarwood

View attachment 53294
View attachment 53295

I can't remember if I have worn this one before or not haha
of course there's never any sun when I want to take pics, only gray and rain!

Glad your poor thumb is better. This is such a pretty brown polish, I do have it, but as always, unworn!

Latest posts