Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I would probably wait until it's been a month, that's what I usually do. Hopefully it gets moving through the post so you don't have to!

I'd be so paranoid about shipping that stuff, I was too freaked out about the heat on a 45 minute drive in the summer to put my makeup and polish in the moving truck, I brought it in my mom's air conditioned car lol I think shipping containers are way tougher than yucky old u-haul trucks though!

----

I haven't painted my nails until recently. I had some nail trouble with my thumb, it was splitting across from the side and it finally got to the point where I had to cut it off crazy ouchy short and putting polish on it wasn't a good option, but it's back to its normal healthy self now so...

A England - Briarwood

View attachment 53294
View attachment 53295

I can't remember if I have worn this one before or not haha
of course there's never any sun when I want to take pics, only gray and rain!

Sorry to hear about your thumb. Pretty mani.

Exclusives - grrrr!!! Way too many, too many places, too many lots of shipping etc. I do like the Shiro ones, but they're SO.

I believe there's already a shipment en route to Shiro with those. I ordered them as soon as FF posted about them on FB, they are very pretty indeed. Bit annoyed with Shiro though, apparently their TAT is 14 days?! And I'm having those sent to Stackry, so won't see them for a while.

I got the trio and a few odds and ends from other collections I wanted.
I had an annoying nail polish day though - I saw RC had Giraffes back in stock a few days earlier, but decided I'd wait for the CbL colour of the month and get them together. Of course, when I tried to check them out, Giraffes was gone again - guess I wasn't the only one with that plan. Saw that Hypnotic had Giraffes and the new one in stock, put them in my basket, had a look around the site then went to check out - and Giraffes was SO again!!!
It's obviously available at Llarowe, and Nailland have it, but shipping is sooo expensive for just one polish, I'm holding off for a while - besides, I did end up getting not just the Glams but also a small RC order inc the new one, so I should really wait for next month's money.

Oh no, sorry to hear you still haven't managed to catch the Giraffes! I'm sure they'll be available again, it was the same with Cupcake Berry Good Looking, everyone wanted it and it was always sold out, but not anymore.

Oh it was soooo hard on Saturday not to buy Enchanteds!!! But I resisted!

Yay, well done! I didn't order either. It was quite funny how she extended the preorder until Sunday evening, I'm guessing she didn't sell much. Of course if they are really pretty, those who didn't order will find it harder to get them second hand, but I think I probably won't bother anyway.

My latest mani is Pahlish Shot Through The Heart (topper) over an old metallic yellow gold Special FX:

View attachment 53355

That's pretty! And now that song is in my head!

I knew I'd bought a lot of polish lately, but I've just added it up and I have 108 on the way! Eeek! Won't see any of them this week for sure, as most of them are going to Stackry, and those that aren't are the FF pre-order and a Hypnotic Polish order and neither has dispatched yet. I do have 27 polishes at Stackry at the moment, but I want to wait for a few more as I have 69 in total and I want to split them equally as much as possible.

Current mani is Urban Decay Grunge (2011 untried) with KBShimmer Red, White & Blue-tiful and foils. This was my first try at using nail foils, these are from the Ciate kit, but I wasn't very impressed. Other than the blue one, they didn't transfer very well, took me several goes to get them to stick.

20160404_141839.jpg

PearlyQueen

I believe there's already a shipment en route to Shiro with those. I ordered them as soon as FF posted about them on FB, they are very pretty indeed. Bit annoyed with Shiro though, apparently their TAT is 14 days?! And I'm having those sent to Stackry, so won't see them for a while.

Oh no, sorry to hear you still haven't managed to catch the Giraffes! I'm sure they'll be available again, it was the same with Cupcake Berry Good Looking, everyone wanted it and it was always sold out, but not anymore.

Yay, well done! I didn't order either. It was quite funny how she extended the preorder until Sunday evening, I'm guessing she didn't sell much. Of course if they are really pretty, those who didn't order will find it harder to get them second hand, but I think I probably won't bother anyway.

I knew I'd bought a lot of polish lately, but I've just added it up and I have 108 on the way! Eeek! Won't see any of them this week for sure, as most of them are going to Stackry, and those that aren't are the FF pre-order and a Hypnotic Polish order and neither has dispatched yet. I do have 27 polishes at Stackry at the moment, but I want to wait for a few more as I have 69 in total and I want to split them equally as much as possible.

Current mani is Urban Decay Grunge (2011 untried) with KBShimmer Red, White & Blue-tiful and foils. This was my first try at using nail foils, these are from the Ciate kit, but I wasn't very impressed. Other than the blue one, they didn't transfer very well, took me several goes to get them to stick.

View attachment 53362

Fingers crossed RC or Harlow get Giraffes again soon! Hopefully you're right, it's obviously been really popular and that should make them think a restock is a good idea! I didn't realise EP had extended the preorder - I guess you're right, not as popular as her usual launches. I hope I don't kick myself when I see them - my "buy all the EPs" gene was really giving me a hard time on Saturday!!!
Thanks, I quite like the topper over gold - it's much more colourful than it looked in the bottle. I was a bit shocked to see purple, blue and pink flakies when I applied it! I too have had the song in my head ever since...
Sounds like you have some fun nail mail coming! They mount up quickly, don't they?
I really like your mani - very American!! The foils look OK really - I never got on with the foils (they were in the very first collection of nail polish I ever bought!), ended up giving them all away. I got the Special FX ones, and on the TV demo they looked like you could get them to cover your nail perfectly. They came with glue and fixative, and I was fine getting them on with the glue, but the minute I added fixative they just wrinkled up and looked nothing like the demo. More recently, people on blogs etc have been showing them as just "bits" like you've used them, and I actually think they look nice - and wish I still had mine to try it! I'm obviously less of a perfectionist than I was then - or maybe it's just that my expectations are a bit more realistic now. The ones I had were really pretty - a plain metallic silver, a silver holo and a holo "oil on water" design. I so wanted my nails to be perfectly covered with them!

Anneri

Aaw, sorry to hear it's taking so long for the Takkos to arrive. I'd give it another week, but perhaps e-mail her back to say they haven't even left Singapore, see if she can get the PO to look into it. I have to say I find these Chinese ladies very unhelpful, Sisi from C4N is the same, no help at all, and Annette from RC is really rude sometimes. I don't know what it is with them.

Really hope all your stuff arrives intact. I'd be so nervous if I had to ship my stash overseas. :scared: Hope you can find lots of pretties in Singapore. Are there any online nail polish stores in China?

Otherwise, how are you finding life in China? Are the people friendly? How's your Mandarin coming along?

Apparently it has arrived here, but there was a mix up with building and appartment numbers, so let's see what'll happen. I'm slowly starting to get more zen about things - must be the Asian influence lol!

I guess a lot of stuff is lost in translation - Asians find a lot of things rude we do find quite normal and the other way round. We had one day of cultural training before we came here and that was really interesting. One of the things that stood out was the 'loosing face' thing - so people react incredible defensive (and rude) when they think you confronted them with something they did wrong. So I try to be polite all the time and hope things will turn out well in the end. I'm really impatient usually so that's a good thing for me! I've to say that MeiMei really did try to take care of things on her end without me having to ask for everything, so that was nice. The front desk managers are trying to locate my polishes for me now, so let's keep all fingers crossed.

I wasn't nervous per se when all of my stash was packed, because honestly, what was there to do otherwise? I couldn't store it somewhere, and I couldn't pack it into bags to take it on the plane, so I just went with it, but now I'm really nervous, because I heard some strange stories about custums here. And if I start to picture custums men pawing through my stuff - eeeeeek!

I never see stores selling polish over here - apart from Sephora (and the Sephora here is rubbish). I haven't any clue if there're any online stores here - I've to learn the language first to actually find that out! ;)

Otherwise all is good. Slowly everything is settling into place. Of course I haven't met a lot of people yet, but I'll have mandarin classes from May on, and I've got high hopes for that! I'm also looking into sports courses and expat meetings, but usually I'm quite the loner anyways, so it's not that different from home! Of course, from time to time I get homesick and miss things - food stuff, and on bad smog days I miss blue skies and the possibility to just go out. But I didn't like Frankfurt as a city very much, and did actually find some spots I did like, so I guess it'll be like that here too.

I would probably wait until it's been a month, that's what I usually do. Hopefully it gets moving through the post so you don't have to!

I'd be so paranoid about shipping that stuff, I was too freaked out about the heat on a 45 minute drive in the summer to put my makeup and polish in the moving truck, I brought it in my mom's air conditioned car lol I think shipping containers are way tougher than yucky old u-haul trucks though!

----

I haven't painted my nails until recently. I had some nail trouble with my thumb, it was splitting across from the side and it finally got to the point where I had to cut it off crazy ouchy short and putting polish on it wasn't a good option, but it's back to its normal healthy self now so...

A England - Briarwood

View attachment 53294
View attachment 53295

I can't remember if I have worn this one before or not haha
of course there's never any sun when I want to take pics, only gray and rain!

Hah, I can totally relate to the sun problem! We had a lot of rain for the last days! Hope your thumb is getting better!
I totally have faith in the container, and also in the guys who packed our stuff - they were really quite good at packing! And even although the ship had to go through the Suez canal, it thankfully is still quite cool. I was careful though and took all my lipsticks with me on the plane, and was generally careful not to pack stuff that could melt easily!

Oh no, hope they arrive soon. It's funny how once upon a time we survived with a half dozen nail polishes total, now it drives you nuts not to have hundreds!!!

Word!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 53362

That looks seriously cool. Something for a rock concert!

Anitacska

Wow, just saw that you buy Up in Smoke (EP) from Meimei for 150$. :eek:

Yes, she was asking on the FB group how much it would sell for. Apparently it's her own personal polish. I think it's strange to sell it in the shop, especially for that price, but I also think it won't sell for that much anyway.

Anitacska

Fingers crossed RC or Harlow get Giraffes again soon! Hopefully you're right, it's obviously been really popular and that should make them think a restock is a good idea! I didn't realise EP had extended the preorder - I guess you're right, not as popular as her usual launches. I hope I don't kick myself when I see them - my "buy all the EPs" gene was really giving me a hard time on Saturday!!!
Thanks, I quite like the topper over gold - it's much more colourful than it looked in the bottle. I was a bit shocked to see purple, blue and pink flakies when I applied it! I too have had the song in my head ever since...
Sounds like you have some fun nail mail coming! They mount up quickly, don't they?
I really like your mani - very American!! The foils look OK really - I never got on with the foils (they were in the very first collection of nail polish I ever bought!), ended up giving them all away. I got the Special FX ones, and on the TV demo they looked like you could get them to cover your nail perfectly. They came with glue and fixative, and I was fine getting them on with the glue, but the minute I added fixative they just wrinkled up and looked nothing like the demo. More recently, people on blogs etc have been showing them as just "bits" like you've used them, and I actually think they look nice - and wish I still had mine to try it! I'm obviously less of a perfectionist than I was then - or maybe it's just that my expectations are a bit more realistic now. The ones I had were really pretty - a plain metallic silver, a silver holo and a holo "oil on water" design. I so wanted my nails to be perfectly covered with them!

Thanks. It wasn't planned, just ended up being this colour scheme. It was okay, but I would've preferred it if the foils had transferred better. Apparently you're not supposed to use topcoat, or only special ones with foil, Picture Polish Revolution (which is a glitter base coat) is said to be good for it. I did use topcoat because I didn't have time to wait for it to dry and it did wrinkle a bit.

Apparently it has arrived here, but there was a mix up with building and appartment numbers, so let's see what'll happen. I'm slowly starting to get more zen about things - must be the Asian influence lol!

I guess a lot of stuff is lost in translation - Asians find a lot of things rude we do find quite normal and the other way round. We had one day of cultural training before we came here and that was really interesting. One of the things that stood out was the 'loosing face' thing - so people react incredible defensive (and rude) when they think you confronted them with something they did wrong. So I try to be polite all the time and hope things will turn out well in the end. I'm really impatient usually so that's a good thing for me! I've to say that MeiMei really did try to take care of things on her end without me having to ask for everything, so that was nice. The front desk managers are trying to locate my polishes for me now, so let's keep all fingers crossed.

I wasn't nervous per se when all of my stash was packed, because honestly, what was there to do otherwise? I couldn't store it somewhere, and I couldn't pack it into bags to take it on the plane, so I just went with it, but now I'm really nervous, because I heard some strange stories about custums here. And if I start to picture custums men pawing through my stuff - eeeeeek!

I never see stores selling polish over here - apart from Sephora (and the Sephora here is rubbish). I haven't any clue if there're any online stores here - I've to learn the language first to actually find that out! ;)

Otherwise all is good. Slowly everything is settling into place. Of course I haven't met a lot of people yet, but I'll have mandarin classes from May on, and I've got high hopes for that! I'm also looking into sports courses and expat meetings, but usually I'm quite the loner anyways, so it's not that different from home! Of course, from time to time I get homesick and miss things - food stuff, and on bad smog days I miss blue skies and the possibility to just go out. But I didn't like Frankfurt as a city very much, and did actually find some spots I did like, so I guess it'll be like that here too.

Hah, I can totally relate to the sun problem! We had a lot of rain for the last days! Hope your thumb is getting better!
I totally have faith in the container, and also in the guys who packed our stuff - they were really quite good at packing! And even although the ship had to go through the Suez canal, it thankfully is still quite cool. I was careful though and took all my lipsticks with me on the plane, and was generally careful not to pack stuff that could melt easily!

Word!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks seriously cool. Something for a rock concert!

Thank you! Ha, this was a post rock concert mani, went to one last Thursday, didn't think to do anything too cool for it. Besides it's dark and nobody cares, lol.

Glad to hear you've settled in okay. It must be a massive culture shock. Hope your package turns up soon and also your containers arrive just fine.

Finally one more order had arrived at Stackry, so I've consolidated 6 packages, that's 37 polishes. Another 32 to go, but those aren't there yet. Still no news from Hypnotic Polish or Femme Fatale, so no nail mail for a while for me.

Current mani is Urban Decay Barlust (2011 untried) with Lilypad Glory. I'm really enjoying this challenge, I would never have chosen to wear Barlust but it's such an amazing brown polish! This is the second great brown I've found among my 2011 untrieds (the other one was Andrea Fulerton). The Lilypad is just amazing, purple to gold to green multichrome with holo glitter and multichrome flakies.

20160406_105228.jpg 20160406_105353.jpg 20160406_105447.jpg 20160406_141421.jpg

Anneri

Anybody of you Femme Fatale conaisseurs have seen anything about her new duo shine nail polishes? And is there a preview somewhere for the COTM?

In other news, my packages arrived!!! Yay!

And I hope you have a great birthday haul and mani, Anita!!!!

MRV

ARgh, I started commenting and pushed a pic in a wrong place (got a veil over the screen and everything vanished when I got rid of it). So I just post some pics and try to recomment later.

View attachment 53421 Glam Sagittarius
View attachment 53422 Cupcake Miami
View attachment 53423 EP April 2015 and EdM Sakura
View attachment 53424 Elevation Lagoon Nebula
View attachment 53426 FF Morning Glory

I seem to have a bad np week: the Elevation was thick and dragged (!) and Morning Glory was also a bit problematic.

Anitacska

Anybody of you Femme Fatale conaisseurs have seen anything about her new duo shine nail polishes? And is there a preview somewhere for the COTM?

In other news, my packages arrived!!! Yay!

And I hope you have a great birthday haul and mani, Anita!!!!

Yay for packages!

Do you mean the Enchanted Fables collection? Are you not in the Facebook group? All the details are there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/841072659271220/

Thank you! I have sneaked in a small birthday haul, ordered the new Lilypad Exclusives, the Cupcake exclusive and the clear jumpo stamper from Rainbow Connection. My Stackry package should be here on Tuesday and my Hypnotic Polish order has shipped as well. Next week will be epic, lol.

My birthday mani includes two of my favourite brands and my favourite colour. Glam Polish Daily Dilemma with Lilypad Remember to Smile. I had to make my fingers look pink because my camera wouldn't pick up the purple and these are definitely not blue.

20160408_113526.jpg

Anneri

Yay for packages!

Do you mean the Enchanted Fables collection? Are you not in the Facebook group? All the details are there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/841072659271220/

Thank you! I have sneaked in a small birthday haul, ordered the new Lilypad Exclusives, the Cupcake exclusive and the clear jumpo stamper from Rainbow Connection. My Stackry package should be here on Tuesday and my Hypnotic Polish order has shipped as well. Next week will be epic, lol.

My birthday mani includes two of my favourite brands and my favourite colour. Glam Polish Daily Dilemma with Lilypad Remember to Smile. I had to make my fingers look pink because my camera wouldn't pick up the purple and these are definitely not blue.

View attachment 53427

Yay for birthday hauls and manis!

No, not the Enchanted Fables one - I talked to Grace from BSF and asked what FFs are going to launch this month, and she mentioned those above for April. So I was wondering whether there're announcements in the FB groups that I had overlooked.

Anitacska

Yay for birthday hauls and manis!

No, not the Enchanted Fables one - I talked to Grace from BSF and asked what FFs are going to launch this month, and she mentioned those above for April. So I was wondering whether there're announcements in the FB groups that I had overlooked.

Well, the EF one is the only one that's coming out to stockists this month now that the presale has ended. The new COTM won't be announced for a while yet, I'm assuming you've seen the April one in the FB group? If not, I can upload a picture.

This is the release schedule going forward, again from the group. That's the most reliable information as it's all coming directly from Sophie.

Please consider this a guide layout - some details or dates may change especially due to the postage crackdown on polish. The September special releases - sample sale and exclusives - are TBC because I do not want to run those without international customers having access.

May
- Group exclusives & Oops shades
- Final presale of Midsummer Collection. Night Before Silence & Jewels of the Deep will not be available.
- Final presale of Dune Collection. Blue Within Blue Eyes will not be available.
- Final presale of After-Light Gala. Crown of Ribbons, Dripped in Diamonds and Lanterns Lights will not be available,

June
- New release!

July
- Likely to be stockist exclusives (for ones who DONT ship internationally only)
- Possibly a sample sale.
- This one will run shorter than usual (probably 48hrs long instead of 5 days) as half the team is away on leave mid-month.

Anneri

Well, the EF one is the only one that's coming out to stockists this month now that the presale has ended. The new COTM won't be announced for a while yet, I'm assuming you've seen the April one in the FB group? If not, I can upload a picture.

This is the release schedule going forward, again from the group. That's the most reliable information as it's all coming directly from Sophie.

Please consider this a guide layout - some details or dates may change especially due to the postage crackdown on polish. The September special releases - sample sale and exclusives - are TBC because I do not want to run those without international customers having access.

May
- Group exclusives & Oops shades
- Final presale of Midsummer Collection. Night Before Silence & Jewels of the Deep will not be available.
- Final presale of Dune Collection. Blue Within Blue Eyes will not be available.
- Final presale of After-Light Gala. Crown of Ribbons, Dripped in Diamonds and Lanterns Lights will not be available,

June
- New release!

July
- Likely to be stockist exclusives (for ones who DONT ship internationally only)
- Possibly a sample sale.
- This one will run shorter than usual (probably 48hrs long instead of 5 days) as half the team is away on leave mid-month.

Thank you so much for posting this! No, I haven't seen this list. It would be lovely if you could post a pic (or a link) of the April monthly (I don't want to bother you as it's your birthday!).

Anitacska

ARgh, I started commenting and pushed a pic in a wrong place (got a veil over the screen and everything vanished when I got rid of it). So I just post some pics and try to recomment later.

View attachment 53421 Glam Sagittarius
View attachment 53422 Cupcake Miami
View attachment 53423 EP April 2015 and EdM Sakura
View attachment 53424 Elevation Lagoon Nebula
View attachment 53426 FF Morning Glory

I seem to have a bad np week: the Elevation was thick and dragged (!) and Morning Glory was also a bit problematic.

Yeah, that's happened to me before too. The browser should auto save your reply every so often, next time it happens there should be a "load auto-saved text" or something like that in the bottom left corner that you can click on. Just FYI.

Pretty manis. My favourites are the Glam, EP and FF. Sorry to hear the EvP and the FF gave you trouble.

Anitacska

Thank you so much for posting this! No, I haven't seen this list. It would be lovely if you could post a pic (or a link) of the April monthly (I don't want to bother you as it's your birthday!).

It's okay, I'm not really busy today. My younger daughter has pony day until 4 pm, so I'm just at home with my other 2, and taking it easy (currently eating the leftover icing from my cake, we're not able to cut the cake until everyone's here, lol). I've tagged you in the post on FB, but I'll post the picture here as well in a minute.

Anitacska

In case you didn't see this on Facebook, this is an announcement from Sophie Femme Fatale.

---URGENT PSA---
After making up our large batches from a second inventory of thermal pigment, it looks like we got a new batch from the supplier - and the previous lot we had been using was the end of their last batch. Because of this, Eliza thermal is a completely different colour.
The first lot we did with the previous inventory of thermal was a berry-brown/black; the new one is a lavender purple to true black. As you can see, the end product is not the same colour (GRRR!).
After contacting the supplier, there's nothing they can do. We can't get that previous batch of berry-black/brown. I am VERY unhappy about this issue. Very.
SO. There are some orders that have been filled with Eliza. Once we run out of them we'll be replacing Eliza with Euna (this new thermal) in the SETS ONLY. Anyone who purchased Eliza individually will be emailed by me over the next few days and I will discuss with them whether they wish to change for another colour or obtain a refund/credit.
If you wish to add Euna to your order, we can arrange this, as I understand that this new colour may appeal to some of you. You can please email me at [email protected] with your order number, and we will arrange this addition. Please do NOT pm me, email ONLY. Thank you.
FF Euna.jpg

I haven't had my shipping confirmation yet, so might not get Eliza. Not very happy about it as I'm not crazy about Euna. But I don't want to cancel the set because of just one polish and not get the free one. So I guess I just have to hope I get Eliza.

Latest posts