Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Thank you! Haha, yes, I thought I'd make the most of my wisteria.

Thank you. There are definitely some pretties there. Well, I like them all, lol.

Pretty mani.

Here are my two recent manis. First is Lilypad Lacquer Pink Pennies with Alchemy Lacquers Spessartite of Time on the accents. Both duochrome, so took a few photos. :)

View attachment 54235 View attachment 54236 View attachment 54237 View attachment 54238

Current mani is Mac Jade Dragon (2011 untried) with Femme Fatale Jewels from the Deep. Stamped with CbL High School was Rough Man, but it didn't come out too well. Also my camera thinks the FF is blue, but it's much more green (although does have a blue duochrome to it).

View attachment 54239 View attachment 54240

My PTR box is due to arrive today, although I'm only keeping the FF and Danglefoot, I've managed to find buyers for the CbL and Bear. They're nice too, but I have enough hot pink holos and reds.

Lovely manis - especially the second! If your CbL buyer falls through, let me know coz it was the one I fancied from the box!

PearlyQueen

Yes, it was 5am! ;) (I still have the old number, but sometimes messages are delayed. I got it after I posted here this morning.)
How did you both do it - use Stackry? Because I guess for me it wouldn't be really smart to let it ship to Germany with her shipping fees!

I guess another restock is in store for us at Pshiiit because of the new shade the French Iger posted, which means it'll be an epic clusterf**** again. I'll see if I even try to get one, because last time, I think I stalked for three days but got nothing... But the shade is really pretty...

But I guess my new favourite polish line is FF anyways! ;)

Hi Anneri, yes I used Stackry (once bitten with customs lol!) - thanks to Anita, I got the two non-nudes (I'm not big on nudes).
I adore Dragon Egg, hoping I snag one! I'm also on the lookout for Pshiiit restocking Pandore because I'm still lusting after it.
After seeing swatches, I'm really undecided about Alicorn, it's a bit meh, but my "buy all the EPs gene might change my mind - might as well get two as one I think, assuming I get the one I want!

PearlyQueen

The new collection does look like it's going to be beautiful! This time I'm not sure if I'll order directly, but not because I don't think it's a good idea, I'm just fed up with having to wait in for DHL all the time. Easier to get it from Rainbow Connection or C4N.

If you do want to order directly, you need a 10 bottle minimum in your order, but it doesn't have to be FF only. She has some nice exclusives and some other brands I like, so usually it's easy to get 10 bottles together. Plus I guess there'll be a COTM again, so that's 9 FFs already. Costwise, it's 47 AUD shipping to the UK, probably the same to all of Europe. The polishes however are MUCH cheaper than at the stockists, so if you order 10 bottles, you're breaking even, more and you're laughing. Would you send them to China or Germany? I think the biggest advantage of ordering directly is that you get them much more quickly than the stockist. Also if she does group exclusives or opps/samples, then that's the only way anyway.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to add, she puts a value of $3AUD per bottle for customs - that means exactly 10 bottles avoids charges with the UK limits, not sure what yours are, but that eleventh bottle costs me a fortune!

Anitacska

Just wanted to add, she puts a value of $3AUD per bottle for customs - that means exactly 10 bottles avoids charges with the UK limits, not sure what yours are, but that eleventh bottle costs me a fortune!

I had 11 bottles plus 2 FUNs last time and no charges, in fact the time before I had no charges for the 25 or however many polishes (the whole of the Enchanted Fables and a couple of extras)! Go figure.

Anitacska

Lovely manis - especially the second! If your CbL buyer falls through, let me know coz it was the one I fancied from the box!

Sorry, they paid straight after I ordered the box and I've sent it off already. It is very pretty though. Here's the box anyway:

View attachment 54327

Hi Anneri, yes I used Stackry (once bitten with customs lol!) - thanks to Anita, I got the two non-nudes (I'm not big on nudes).
I adore Dragon Egg, hoping I snag one! I'm also on the lookout for Pshiiit restocking Pandore because I'm still lusting after it.
After seeing swatches, I'm really undecided about Alicorn, it's a bit meh, but my "buy all the EPs gene might change my mind - might as well get two as one I think, assuming I get the one I want!

I'm torn as well on Alicorn. Will definitely go for Pegacorn and Dragon Egg. I bought the nude one with that "buy all the EPs urge", doesn't look very interesting, will probably try and sell it.

Anitacska

No Dragon Egg :(
I guess the topcoat was the extra, I've not bothered with Alicorn alone.

Yeah, quite disappointing. I didn't get the topcoat either. Haven't even used the others yet. I did get Pegacorn and Alicorn. Nearly gave up on Pegacorn, I missed out on it initially, even though I was on the product page at 6 sharp. I thought I'd wait until the first cartdrop and then leave it. Luckily I grabbed one about 10 minutes into the restock, I wasn't going to try much longer and was all set to let my Alicorn go as well. But got them both in the end.

Dragon Egg is apparently due out in a couple of weeks and there will be a newsletter out about it.

Anitacska

Here are my latest manis. The first one is possibly the worst polish I own. It's Bells Kandi Medusa, got it from Mei Mei ages ago. It's possibly the ugliest colour both in its warm and cold state. In the warm state it just looks like my nails are really discoloured, in the cold state they look bruised. I kept it on for 2 days as I didn't want my nails to suffer even more, they're in such bad state, but it was truly yucky.

20160519_142654.jpg 20160519_142808.jpg 20160519_143053.jpg

Second one is CbL This Girl is on Fire Help! with Darling Diva Seriously Serious on the accents. Bit more purple irl. I loved this one, both polishes are so pretty.

20160521_125411.jpg 20160521_125448.jpg

Current mani is Glam Polish Aries (my starsign) with Essence Glitz & Glam on the accents. The Glam Polish is just so pretty, the pictures don't do it justice, the holo is so strong and it has silver flakies as well. Love it!

20160523_093107.jpg 20160523_093206.jpg 20160523_093224.jpg

Finally here's my Hypnotic Polish haul. I also got a few vinyls, but didn't take pictures of them.

20160521_134049.jpg 20160521_134054.jpg

I took a few extra pictures of the Cupcake Polish because it's so pretty. It's their exclusive, Witchery.

20160521_134616.jpg 20160521_134622.jpg

Anneri

Thank you ladies for the deeds on FF! I'll wait and see, I guess, right now I want only four of all eight polishes of the new collection.

I'm quite happy that I didn't stay up for EP, sucks that the extra one was a tc! I hope the one with Dragon's Egg will be a pre-sale (a girl can dream).

Wow, Anitacska, that first polish is fugly! Kudos for wearing it two days! And you got Ambrosial! It's waiting for me at my parents' (where I'm sending all my orders to atm - my mom is a bit shocked right now about the things I order... :angel:). I should have gotten that Cupcake as well - that's a beauty!

Anitacska

Thank you ladies for the deeds on FF! I'll wait and see, I guess, right now I want only four of all eight polishes of the new collection.

I'm quite happy that I didn't stay up for EP, sucks that the extra one was a tc! I hope the one with Dragon's Egg will be a pre-sale (a girl can dream).

Wow, Anitacska, that first polish is fugly! Kudos for wearing it two days! And you got Ambrosial! It's waiting for me at my parents' (where I'm sending all my orders to atm - my mom is a bit shocked right now about the things I order... :angel:). I should have gotten that Cupcake as well - that's a beauty!

Lol, I thought about stamping over it, but I didn't have time during the day and was too tired in the evening, so left it. My nails are in really bad state, peeling like crazy, so didn't want to change my mani straight away, I don't think it's good for them to use nail polish remover every day. I did google this polish, apparently it was supposed to be a green to dark plum, so has clearly faded. I guess this is what happens when I don't use my polishes for years. On the upside, the thermal still works pretty well, lol.

Yes, I got Ambrosial and Euna! :) And yes, that Cupcake is gorgeous!

I don't know if you've ever bought FF eyeshadows, but she's releasing a sampler (of 20 new colours) which looks gorgeous. I think I might get that, eyeshadows don't have to be shipped by DHL, so won't cost much. I think I'll buy the polishes from stockists this time.

PearlyQueen

Here are my latest manis. The first one is possibly the worst polish I own. It's Bells Kandi Medusa, got it from Mei Mei ages ago. It's possibly the ugliest colour both in its warm and cold state. In the warm state it just looks like my nails are really discoloured, in the cold state they look bruised. I kept it on for 2 days as I didn't want my nails to suffer even more, they're in such bad state, but it was truly yucky.

View attachment 54340 View attachment 54341 View attachment 54342

Second one is CbL This Girl is on Fire Help! with Darling Diva Seriously Serious on the accents. Bit more purple irl. I loved this one, both polishes are so pretty.

View attachment 54343 View attachment 54344

Current mani is Glam Polish Aries (my starsign) with Essence Glitz & Glam on the accents. The Glam Polish is just so pretty, the pictures don't do it justice, the holo is so strong and it has silver flakies as well. Love it!

View attachment 54345 View attachment 54346 View attachment 54347

Finally here's my Hypnotic Polish haul. I also got a few vinyls, but didn't take pictures of them.

View attachment 54348 View attachment 54349

I took a few extra pictures of the Cupcake Polish because it's so pretty. It's their exclusive, Witchery.

View attachment 54350 View attachment 54351

Lol, that is one ugly polish!
However, your other two manis are lovely - my favourite is the CbL (which I do own but haven't worn!).
Lovely haul - I was looking at that Cupcake the other day, looks nicer in your pics than it did in theirs, I may have to get one of these!

Anitacska

Lol, that is one ugly polish!
However, your other two manis are lovely - my favourite is the CbL (which I do own but haven't worn!).
Lovely haul - I was looking at that Cupcake the other day, looks nicer in your pics than it did in theirs, I may have to get one of these!

Thank you! Yes, that CbL is very pretty. And the Cupcake is a must have! ;)

My latest mani is Glam Polish Entrance:
View attachment 54359 View attachment 54360

This is very pretty! One of my untrieds. :)

I've been very good all week and haven't bought anything. There are a few more upcoming collections that I have my eye on of course, but I'm going to sit it out until the end of May. That's the plan anyway, lol.

My two recent manis, first is OPI The Color to Watch (2011 untried) over black (it's very very sheer) with Polished by KPT Lumieres on the accents. Also I stamped it with Hit the Bottle Electric Indigo. There was quite a bit of purple duochrome going on, but my camera refused to pick it up.

20160525_100607.jpg 20160525_100615.jpg

My current mani is Lilypad Lacquer Fire Me Up with Indigo Bananas Impact on the accents stamped with Color Alike Venus. Love this one. The Lilypad has a subtle orange duochrome and is so glowy.

20160527_104246.jpg 20160527_104312.jpg 20160527_104338.jpg 20160527_104402.jpg

It's half term here next week, looking forward to not having to get up at stupid o'clock and maybe a bit of time to do some nail art. I've been a bit lazy with my manis lately and really want to do some watermarbling and make some decals, but never have time. But first I'm going to Legoland tomorrow with just my little boy as my eldest doesn't want to come (she's nearly 15 and it's not cool anymore) and my middle one is going to her best friend's for the weekend. Really excited about it, haven't done anything with just him in forever, being the third child usually means being dragged around to other activities or having the whole family there. He's turning 10 soon, my baby is growing up, don't want to miss it. :)

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Thank you! Yes, that CbL is very pretty. And the Cupcake is a must have!
wink.png

This is very pretty! One of my untrieds.
smile.png

I've been very good all week and haven't bought anything. There are a few more upcoming collections that I have my eye on of course, but I'm going to sit it out until the end of May. That's the plan anyway, lol.

My two recent manis, first is OPI The Color to Watch (2011 untried) over black (it's very very sheer) with Polished by KPT Lumieres on the accents. Also I stamped it with Hit the Bottle Electric Indigo. There was quite a bit of purple duochrome going on, but my camera refused to pick it up.

View attachment 54424 View attachment 54425

My current mani is Lilypad Lacquer Fire Me Up with Indigo Bananas Impact on the accents stamped with Color Alike Venus. Love this one. The Lilypad has a subtle orange duochrome and is so glowy.

View attachment 54426 View attachment 54427 View attachment 54428 View attachment 54429

It's half term here next week, looking forward to not having to get up at stupid o'clock and maybe a bit of time to do some nail art. I've been a bit lazy with my manis lately and really want to do some watermarbling and make some decals, but never have time. But first I'm going to Legoland tomorrow with just my little boy as my eldest doesn't want to come (she's nearly 15 and it's not cool anymore) and my middle one is going to her best friend's for the weekend. Really excited about it, haven't done anything with just him in forever, being the third child usually means being dragged around to other activities or having the whole family there. He's turning 10 soon, my baby is growing up, don't want to miss it.
smile.png

Thank you!
Good luck with your four day no buy... (ambitious!!!)
I love love love your butterfly mani, so cute, and lovely polishes. The orange/gold combo looks good too.
I hope you had a lovely time at Legoland, and that your son had a good day dedicated to him! (Blink and he'll be a teenager, and we all know about those lol!)
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend!

Anitacska

Thank you!
Good luck with your four day no buy... (ambitious!!!)
I love love love your butterfly mani, so cute, and lovely polishes. The orange/gold combo looks good too.
I hope you had a lovely time at Legoland, and that your son had a good day dedicated to him! (Blink and he'll be a teenager, and we all know about those lol!)
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend!

Thank you.

Unfortunately things didn't go to plan on Saturday, my battery was completely flat, so couldn't go to Legoland. On top of it, I learnt from my ex that I was no longer on the joint roadside assistant policy (thanks!), so had to fork out for the AA guy as well as join the AA. It turned out that there was some electrical issue with my air con that was constantly draining the battery, the AA guy disconnected it, so I could use the car, but now I need to get the air con fixed too. So I'm already £229 out of pocket and it's not even fixed yet. Not happy. :( We did make it to Legoland on Sunday which was really nice and it was lovely to spend time with just my son.

My new mani is Glam Polish Schadenfreude:
View attachment 54464 View attachment 54465

This is a great summer colour. I have it, but haven't used it yet.

My current mani is Glam Polish Despair with GP Comet Storm on the accents. Unfortunately we haven't seen the sun for 2 days (it's been raining all day today), but it's really pretty anyway.

20160530_111438.jpg 20160530_111454.jpg

As you can see, so far I've not had any time for nail art, what was I thinking, it's half term with 3 children aged 9, 11 and 14, I'll never have the time, hahaha!

Anitacska

Trust you've all had the e-mail:

EP DragonEgg launch.png

I'm so mad at her now, not only this isn't a pre-order again, but it's a limited one-time only release. :mad: Will probably be gone in a second, and once again due to the time, I won't be able to keep trying for half an hour. And of course people will be reselling it at stupid prices. Ugh.

Anneri

OMG, I didn't even realize that it's a one-time thingie. :mad:

Does it make sense at all to try for half an hour at all? Usually I just stop trying after it's sold out after a few minutes and give up, but is there any chance at all to get something afterwards?

I don't know if I even want to try, it's 1am over here and I've got class next morning. :rant2:

Latest posts