Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Why, have we met m'lady?
graucho.gif

The entire Kaleidoscope collection was wonderful. It may even have been the first holo collection by any brand but I won't bet my life on it.

3000+ in 5 years deserves one thing and that's
th_worship.gif
. If it makes you happy why the hell not. I can spend hours at home just reorganising/swatching my makeup and I'd choose that over most other things any day. Being surrounded by pretty things is therapeutic.

Did you see the news about RBL closing down? All their NPs are half price except for the newest Fan 3.0 collection. Chances are those will also be reduced soon but there are three that I absolutely wanted (Electro Glacier, GalaxSea and Golden Horn) and I didn't want to risk them selling out. Seeing as they charge a fixed $13.50 for up to 5 bottles I also added Gondoliere and Coral to my cart. No sooner than I pressed "confirm order" I started to wonder if I should also have bought the other colours I'm missing (they're all brushstrokey shimmers and I can't abide brushstrokey shimmers. GO figure
lol.gif
)
I do love looking at my pretties and organising them, although I am currently out of space to put them, but my husband is due to move out soon and I'm planning on investing in a few Alexes and Helmers to house my collection. The house he's wanting to buy isn't available yet (the chain fell apart and the people he's buying from have to find a new house to move to), but after another weekend of arguing I told him he should look for something temporary to move to in the meantime. We decided to separate 4 months ago and he's still here, I can't take much more of him now. The only drawback is that my nail polish / make up budget will be massively reduced as he won't be paying for that, but I'm actually more excited about him moving out than any nail polish in the world. Anyway, he's looking at 3 flats today, hopefully one will be suitable for him to move to and he can get out of here soon.

RBL is one brand I've not ventured into, nowadays I'm all about holos and flakies and all things indie, so I'll give them a miss. Sounds like you've got yourself a bargain though. That brand is seriously expensive! I'm appalled at having to pay $17 for Enchanted now as well, been buying lots of Glam Polishes, Femme Fatales and Lilypads, those are so much cheaper and so pretty!

BuickMackane

I do love looking at my pretties and organising them, although I am currently out of space to put them, but my husband is due to move out soon and I'm planning on investing in a few Alexes and Helmers to house my collection. The house he's wanting to buy isn't available yet (the chain fell apart and the people he's buying from have to find a new house to move to), but after another weekend of arguing I told him he should look for something temporary to move to in the meantime. We decided to separate 4 months ago and he's still here, I can't take much more of him now. The only drawback is that my nail polish / make up budget will be massively reduced as he won't be paying for that, but I'm actually more excited about him moving out than any nail polish in the world. Anyway, he's looking at 3 flats today, hopefully one will be suitable for him to move to and he can get out of here soon.

RBL is one brand I've not ventured into, nowadays I'm all about holos and flakies and all things indie, so I'll give them a miss. Sounds like you've got yourself a bargain though. That brand is seriously expensive! I'm appalled at having to pay $17 for Enchanted now as well, been buying lots of Glam Polishes, Femme Fatales and Lilypads, those are so much cheaper and so pretty!
I'm so sorry that you're going through a hard time
th_cheerup.gif
. Break-ups are never easy. especially when they are children in the equation. That said, if it ain't working then it ain't working, and it's best to call it a day. I hope your husband finds himself a place soon.

I replaced my Helmers with the Kallax system about a year ago. The actual shelving units are open, but you can buy 2-drawer inserts. Much as I appreciated my Helmers for their storage capacity, I didn't like how they looked. Kallax looks a lot nicer (you can also choose the door colours), but the capacity per drawer is considerably less than the Helmers. I have 3 9-drawer Alex units but they are for makeup and random bits and bobs (kind of half-half). I'm really annoyed because I managed to get superglue on one of them and the damn thing won't come off. It's only in a small area but it looks horrible and it's pissing me off!

Yup, RBL are pricey. They also appear to be a love-hate kind of brand. The formula works really well for me, and I love their colours and finishes. For the past few years I've been more about cremes, hidden shimmers and subtle microglitters, all of which RBL excel at. They did have the odd sale every now and again, so I picked up most of my polishes then. They also had free shipping for $100+ for non-US orders for a bit but now they're (understandably) back to $200+. I'm sad to see RBL go - it was the brand that got me into high end polish and they had the most amazing customer service.

I don't own any Lilypads and it's been aeons since I bought any Femme Fatales and Glams. I used to get most of mine from some Singapore-based store (the name escapes me) until it relocated to the UK. Damn Royal Mail and its shipping restrictions!

I have to check out if Hare and Scofflaw are still around. Maybe they can reignite my indie love :)

Anitacska

I'm so sorry that you're going through a hard time
th_cheerup.gif
. Break-ups are never easy. especially when they are children in the equation. That said, if it ain't working then it ain't working, and it's best to call it a day. I hope your husband finds himself a place soon.

I replaced my Helmers with the Kallax system about a year ago. The actual shelving units are open, but you can buy 2-drawer inserts. Much as I appreciated my Helmers for their storage capacity, I didn't like how they looked. Kallax looks a lot nicer (you can also choose the door colours), but the capacity per drawer is considerably less than the Helmers. I have 3 9-drawer Alex units but they are for makeup and random bits and bobs (kind of half-half). I'm really annoyed because I managed to get superglue on one of them and the damn thing won't come off. It's only in a small area but it looks horrible and it's pissing me off!

Yup, RBL are pricey. They also appear to be a love-hate kind of brand. The formula works really well for me, and I love their colours and finishes. For the past few years I've been more about cremes, hidden shimmers and subtle microglitters, all of which RBL excel at. They did have the odd sale every now and again, so I picked up most of my polishes then. They also had free shipping for $100+ for non-US orders for a bit but now they're (understandably) back to $200+. I'm sad to see RBL go - it was the brand that got me into high end polish and they had the most amazing customer service.

I don't own any Lilypads and it's been aeons since I bought any Femme Fatales and Glams. I used to get most of mine from some Singapore-based store (the name escapes me) until it relocated to the UK. Damn Royal Mail and its shipping restrictions!

I have to check out if Hare and Scofflaw are still around. Maybe they can reignite my indie love :)
Thank you. But don't be sorry. It's been a crappy marriage for a long time now, so I'm actually really happy it's finally over. He's also not a nice dad to the children, especially my 9-year-old son, who actually doesn't remember a time when he used to be nice. That is very sad. My 11-year-old daughter was asking him if he remembers a time when dad used to be nice, and he said, no. She said she vaguely remembers when she was very little. So they are more than happy for him to go. My eldest who is 14 and is quite a daddy's girl is rather upset, but even she won't miss the constant arguing and shouting I'm sure. He's looking to rent nearby, so he can still see the children plenty, he takes my eldest to school every morning, so that won't change. The house he wants to buy is about 10 minutes' walk from here, so that's good. He's been very amicable about the finances, he earns very good money, so will pay us plenty in maintenance, but obviously he will also have to pay his rent/mortgage, so he won't be paying for my little luxuries. Mind you, my proposal included plenty of slack anyway.
girlhaha.gif
I'm also really happy he's letting us stay in our family home, the understanding is that he cannot ask me to sell it until at least the youngest is 18, but we can discuss that later if I still have children living with me after that. So yeah, it's gonna be alright, I hope.

I'm considering getting two 9-drawer Alexes and possibly two Helmers, but I also saw this rainbow coloured storage system in Hobbycraft that I just love the look of so much!

Probably not the best for nail polish, but would be great for all my make up. Even though I don't buy much nowadays, I still have plenty!

Yeah, RC is now in the UK. She has a really good selection, but I prefer buying some brands directly because she isn't the cheapest, especially with Australian brands since the AUD is so low atm. If you're interested in indies, Color4Nails has a good selection and very reasonable international shipping.

BuickMackane

Thank you. But don't be sorry. It's been a crappy marriage for a long time now, so I'm actually really happy it's finally over. He's also not a nice dad to the children, especially my 9-year-old son, who actually doesn't remember a time when he used to be nice. That is very sad. My 11-year-old daughter was asking him if he remembers a time when dad used to be nice, and he said, no. She said she vaguely remembers when she was very little. So they are more than happy for him to go. My eldest who is 14 and is quite a daddy's girl is rather upset, but even she won't miss the constant arguing and shouting I'm sure. He's looking to rent nearby, so he can still see the children plenty, he takes my eldest to school every morning, so that won't change. The house he wants to buy is about 10 minutes' walk from here, so that's good. He's been very amicable about the finances, he earns very good money, so will pay us plenty in maintenance, but obviously he will also have to pay his rent/mortgage, so he won't be paying for my little luxuries. Mind you, my proposal included plenty of slack anyway.
girlhaha.gif
I'm also really happy he's letting us stay in our family home, the understanding is that he cannot ask me to sell it until at least the youngest is 18, but we can discuss that later if I still have children living with me after that. So yeah, it's gonna be alright, I hope.

I'm considering getting two 9-drawer Alexes and possibly two Helmers, but I also saw this rainbow coloured storage system in Hobbycraft that I just love the look of so much!

Probably not the best for nail polish, but would be great for all my make up. Even though I don't buy much nowadays, I still have plenty!

Yeah, RC is now in the UK. She has a really good selection, but I prefer buying some brands directly because she isn't the cheapest, especially with Australian brands since the AUD is so low atm. If you're interested in indies, Color4Nails has a good selection and very reasonable international shipping.
Geez, he sounds like a right old charmer
th_rolleye0014.gif
. I'm glad to hear that he at least had the decency to move out himself rather than forcing you to move out. And good on ya for including plenty of slack in your settlement proposal
devil.gif
cheerleader.gif

Yes! Rainbow Connection! It used to be called Shoppe Eclecticco when it was in Singapore. I kinda wish it moved back *runs and hides*

How do the Aussie shops handle the customs business? I'm not terribly keen on the idea of having to deal with customs because there's a fixed admin fee of eur10 added to whatever it is you have to pay in tax. Moneygrabbing bastards!

That storage system is so cute!
eyelove.gif
I'd be concerned about whether or not it can carry a lot of weight though. A bottle or two of NP isn't much but those suckers are darn heavy when there are lots of them.

Anitacska

Geez, he sounds like a right old charmer
th_rolleye0014.gif
. I'm glad to hear that he at least had the decency to move out himself rather than forcing you to move out. And good on ya for including plenty of slack in your settlement proposal
devil.gif
cheerleader.gif

Yes! Rainbow Connection! It used to be called Shoppe Eclecticco when it was in Singapore. I kinda wish it moved back *runs and hides*

How do the Aussie shops handle the customs business? I'm not terribly keen on the idea of having to deal with customs because there's a fixed admin fee of eur10 added to whatever it is you have to pay in tax. Moneygrabbing bastards!

That storage system is so cute!
eyelove.gif
I'd be concerned about whether or not it can carry a lot of weight though. A bottle or two of NP isn't much but those suckers are darn heavy when there are lots of them.
Yeah, sounds like a sweetie, eh? He used to be quite nice, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have married him. I don't know why, but for the last 6-7 years or so he's been getting worse and worse. Oh well, I'm just glad to be rid of him. He found a flat to rent yesterday, so he should be moving within 2 weeks or so. Phew!

I have had no issues with any of the Aussie brands, although Glam doesn't ship to the UK, I get theirs via Stackry or my US mule (FB lady). Lilypad ships via the US, she sends the orders in bulk there and then they are sent here, always marked as gift and with a low value. But it does take a while. EdM now ships directly to the UK, I've only ordered from her once and didn't get stung at all. Femme Fatale ships with DHL and I get an extra £3 or so charge, but they don't put their bit on top of that unlike the Royal Pain who charge £8 on top (but I know that MRV has had to pay quite a bit extra in Finland). The only brand I've had trouble with is EP, she is just so nasty, will not put a lower value on her packages, well, she does, but it's still to high to slip through, so I have to order no more than 2 at a time. Quite fed up with her now.

RC does ship internationally by courier, but I'm guessing it's quite pricey. She's also started doing these monthly boxes which have been pretty cool. She's not cheap though.

Yeah, I'm not entire sure it would be great for nail polish only, although someone on FB said they have it and it's quite robust. Sadly I probably have enough make up to fill it up, then the 2 Alexes and one Helmer would take the majority of my nail polishes. Unfortunately I can't squeeze any more into my bedroom.

BuickMackane

Yeah, sounds like a sweetie, eh? He used to be quite nice, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have married him. I don't know why, but for the last 6-7 years or so he's been getting worse and worse. Oh well, I'm just glad to be rid of him. He found a flat to rent yesterday, so he should be moving within 2 weeks or so. Phew!

I have had no issues with any of the Aussie brands, although Glam doesn't ship to the UK, I get theirs via Stackry or my US mule (FB lady). Lilypad ships via the US, she sends the orders in bulk there and then they are sent here, always marked as gift and with a low value. But it does take a while. EdM now ships directly to the UK, I've only ordered from her once and didn't get stung at all. Femme Fatale ships with DHL and I get an extra £3 or so charge, but they don't put their bit on top of that unlike the Royal Pain who charge £8 on top (but I know that MRV has had to pay quite a bit extra in Finland). The only brand I've had trouble with is EP, she is just so nasty, will not put a lower value on her packages, well, she does, but it's still to high to slip through, so I have to order no more than 2 at a time. Quite fed up with her now.

RC does ship internationally by courier, but I'm guessing it's quite pricey. She's also started doing these monthly boxes which have been pretty cool. She's not cheap though.

Yeah, I'm not entire sure it would be great for nail polish only, although someone on FB said they have it and it's quite robust. Sadly I probably have enough make up to fill it up, then the 2 Alexes and one Helmer would take the majority of my nail polishes. Unfortunately I can't squeeze any more into my bedroom.
The RC website says that it costs GBP20-25 to ship stuff up to 2 kg. Not too terrible if there's some badass haulage going on but definitely not worth it for a few bottles.

As far as I know the EUR10 admin charge is regardless of the courier company (from experience I know that both regular post and DHL express charge it). New NP purchases are out of the question at the moment as I blew my budget big time, but I will definitely keep EdM and Lilypad in mind. Shame about FF though. Thank you for the info :)

Any chance you could store your NPs elsewhere in your home? Now that hub's moving out (which is excellent news btw!
cheerleader.gif
), some space is bound to free up. All my makeup and NPs are in the living room, along with what passes off as a "vanity". The rest of the living room is taken up by a gym-size cross trainer and random fitness paraphernalia (which may or may not be used as often as they should). I do have the obligatory sofa and telly, but they are the only things that make the place resemble a living room lol. That's the delights of a bachelorette pad for ya. I can't imagine it being otherwise
lol.gif

Hey, what are you getting hubs as a housewarming gift?
angelic.gif

Anitacska

The RC website says that it costs GBP20-25 to ship stuff up to 2 kg. Not too terrible if there's some badass haulage going on but definitely not worth it for a few bottles.

As far as I know the EUR10 admin charge is regardless of the courier company (from experience I know that both regular post and DHL express charge it). New NP purchases are out of the question at the moment as I blew my budget big time, but I will definitely keep EdM and Lilypad in mind. Shame about FF though. Thank you for the info :)

Any chance you could store your NPs elsewhere in your home? Now that hub's moving out (which is excellent news btw!
cheerleader.gif
), some space is bound to free up. All my makeup and NPs are in the living room, along with what passes off as a "vanity". The rest of the living room is taken up by a gym-size cross trainer and random fitness paraphernalia (which may or may not be used as often as they should). I do have the obligatory sofa and telly, but they are the only things that make the place resemble a living room lol. That's the delights of a bachelorette pad for ya. I can't imagine it being otherwise
lol.gif

Hey, what are you getting hubs as a housewarming gift?
angelic.gif
Yeah, that's a lot for shipping. But 2 kg of nail polish is a good few bottles!

You can buy FF, Lilypad and EdM from Color4Nails, their international shipping is very reasonable. Also, Hypnotic Polish carries Glam Polish and they have their own exclusives too, they are in the Netherlands, so that should be good for you. #notenablingatall

It's an idea, but my living room is mostly full of the children's crap. We have several boxes full of toys and board games. Also our living room is a funny shape (it used to be two interconnecting rooms) and has 2 doors, a glass door that leads to the garden and it's not very big anyway, so storage space isn't too great. But I think my husband might be taking one of the bookshelves and I may be able to squeeze in an Alex in its place.

Hahaha, he's getting his freedom, that's what he's getting!
lol.gif
I can't wait now, he reckons he'll be moving next Thursday, so that's 10 days (not that I'm counting...
whistle.gif
).

Anitacska

My two recent manis and hauls:

EdM Chicken of the Cave with Glam Polish Mad Magician and stamping with Models Own Chrome Rose:

China Glaze Tongue & Chic with Femme Fatale Blue Vervain on the accents, then I tried adding some stamping which was very subtle (but noticeable) to start with, but then the topcoat ate it!
icon_eek.gif

My recent hauls, top row from RC, bottom row from one of the FB nail sales groups. I'd been thinking about getting those Starrily polishes, but never got around to it, then next thing I know this lady is selling them! Result!

Anneri

*pops in quickly* Hi Buick!!!!! Good to see ya! How are you doing?! Great news Anitacska!!! So happy for you!!!* *goes back to studying Chinese which is bloody difficult*

BuickMackane

Yeah, that's a lot for shipping. But 2 kg of nail polish is a good few bottles!

You can buy FF, Lilypad and EdM from Color4Nails, their international shipping is very reasonable. Also, Hypnotic Polish carries Glam Polish and they have their own exclusives too, they are in the Netherlands, so that should be good for you. #notenablingatall

It's an idea, but my living room is mostly full of the children's crap. We have several boxes full of toys and board games. Also our living room is a funny shape (it used to be two interconnecting rooms) and has 2 doors, a glass door that leads to the garden and it's not very big anyway, so storage space isn't too great. But I think my husband might be taking one of the bookshelves and I may be able to squeeze in an Alex in its place.

Hahaha, he's getting his freedom, that's what he's getting!
lol.gif
I can't wait now, he reckons he'll be moving next Thursday, so that's 10 days (not that I'm counting...
whistle.gif
).

I bought from C4N before - their shipping was indeed reasonable. Hypnotic Polish also rings a bell, but I'm not sure if I ever bought from them. Harlow & co used to be a good option too but I dunno what they're a like now.

Now, don't be nasty Anita. At the very least you can buy him a ready meal or something. Preferably one with a discount sticker on it
devil.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

*pops in quickly*
Hi Buick!!!!! Good to see ya! How are you doing?!
Great news Anitacska!!! So happy for you!!!*

*goes back to studying Chinese which is bloody difficult*
Hi sweets
bouquet.gif

I'm doing well. Hope you are too.

What's the deal with Chinese?

Anneri

Hi Anneri! Thank you! :kiss: When is the big move?
It's around February/ March! Eek!
I bought from C4N before - their shipping was indeed reasonable. Hypnotic Polish also rings a bell, but I'm not sure if I ever bought from them. Harlow & co used to be a good option too but I dunno what they're a like now. Now, don't be nasty Anita. At the very least you can buy him a ready meal or something. Preferably one with a discount sticker on it :devil: Hi sweets :bouquet: I'm doing well. Hope you are too. What's the deal with Chinese?
Everything's good! Hubby will be transferred to Shanghai next year and I'll be a 'trailing spouse' (tm - official wording, not mine). So we started to study Mandarin two weeks ago and it's kicking our asses. I'm quite good with languages, but this is something else entirely. But hey, I've three manis to share from last week! Love the new Glams. Only thing was that the staying power was virtually non existing, I had chips after 12hrs. :( Hostile:
f02705b5_image.jpeg
e26390f1_image.jpeg
Forebode:
50285951_image.jpeg
f7a54285_image.jpeg
Il etait un vernis - Chardonnay
5012bdab_image.jpeg
d63f2054_image.jpeg
This has the most awesome formula I've encountered lately. Plus I've been wearing it for the last four days and no chips!!!

BuickMackane

Ooh, exciting!
pompom.gif

You're doing an intensive course, I take it? I'd be mortified if I had to learn Mandarin. I learnt a bit of Japanese in a previous life and even that was super difficult. The grammar itself was easy because it turned out to be very similar to my mother tongue, the pronounciation was OK too. But hot damn, the writing! I was OK (=not horribly bad) at Hiragana and Katakana but the Kanji completely went over my head.

Are you relocating for good or is it a temporary move?

Anitacska

I bought from C4N before - their shipping was indeed reasonable. Hypnotic Polish also rings a bell, but I'm not sure if I ever bought from them. Harlow & co used to be a good option too but I dunno what they're a like now.

Now, don't be nasty Anita. At the very least you can buy him a ready meal or something. Preferably one with a discount sticker on it
devil.gif

Hi sweets
bouquet.gif

I'm doing well. Hope you are too.

What's the deal with Chinese?

lol.gif
You are so bad!

Harlow & Co is fine, although I haven't ordered from them in a while.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

It's around February/ March! Eek!
Everything's good! Hubby will be transferred to Shanghai next year and I'll be a 'trailing spouse' (tm - official wording, not mine). So we started to study Mandarin two weeks ago and it's kicking our asses. I'm quite good with languages, but this is something else entirely.

But hey, I've three manis to share from last week!

Love the new Glams. Only thing was that the staying power was virtually non existing, I had chips after 12hrs.
ssad.gif

Hostile:

Forebode:

Il etait un vernis - Chardonnay

This has the most awesome formula I've encountered lately. Plus I've been wearing it for the last four days and no chips!!!
Well, Chinese is the most difficult language in the world! Followed by Hungarian which I managed to learn perfectly, so I must be a genius!
girlhaha.gif

Nice manis. Sorry to hear about the Glams' staying power. I have to say I've not noticed that, I've worn a few of them lately (although not from the new collections) and they didn't chip on me for 2 days which is pretty good by my standards.

Anneri

lol.gif
You are so bad!

Harlow & Co is fine, although I haven't ordered from them in a while.

Well, Chinese is the most difficult language in the world! Followed by Hungarian which I managed to learn perfectly, so I must be a genius!
girlhaha.gif

Nice manis. Sorry to hear about the Glams' staying power. I have to say I've not noticed that, I've worn a few of them lately (although not from the new collections) and they didn't chip on me for 2 days which is pretty good by my standards.
I don't doubt that, Anitacska! :D
Honestly, I'm quite glad that I never had to learn German as a foreign language, I'm quite impressed with everybody who does!

I'm not really fazed by chipping tbh. But a bit longer than 12hrs would be nice! Maybe it also was the tc/bc combo. Who knows? But the colours are so stunning, I'm completely in love.

BuickMackane

Ooooh, you learned Japanese? I'm impressed! Mandarin pronunciation is killing me right now. Not to speak of actually writing. I've already realised that the original plan - to learn enough to navigate through daily life - is totally utopian. Oh well. What's wrong with pointing at things, right?

It's only temporarily, thank God. We'll be back in about two years. What are you doing nowadays? Did you finish your thesis and your PHD? Do we have to adress you ad Doctor Buick now? ;)
Pointing at things is universal language. Add a strategic grunt here and there and you're good to go
lol.gif
. Chances are they'll be plenty of other expats around so I guess you'll be fine.

I learnt Japanese during the first two years of my undergrad. They had to do a compulsory foreign language in the tourism BA and Japanese was one of the options. Thing is, noone wanted to take Japanese so the teacher was bored out of her skull. So she gave non-credit course to peeps in other programmes. I don't remember any of it any more, which is a shame. Same goes for Italian and German
ssad.gif

Yup, my defence was last September. I'm so glad its over! Not that anything's changed in terms of what I actually do (apart from some additional admin duties), but it's definitely a massive weight off my shoulders. Now my cousin is contemplating a PhD. I'm going to talk some sense into him when I see him late December. Silly boy
ohboy.gif

PearlyQueen

I think thermals would work well on your long nails though. And not one of mine has stopped changing colour yet, so obviously their shelf life is a lot longer than 6 months.

No, the stones are just decorations. To be honest, it's a nice idea and I'm happy to have got them for free, but it's really just a bit of a gimmick.

Thank you. I expected Amazonia to be more green too, thought it had faded, but the pictures I found online all looked like mine. It is a tad greener than in the pictures, but definitely not green. The decals were really easy to use, like Anneri said, just soak them off the paper (3 seconds) and pop them on the nail. I blot my nails dry, make sure the decal's in the right place and out topcoat on. Couldn't be easier.

Thank you!

I love these new Glams, bought all 6 of the WI collection (although I broke Torment, but I've reordered it since) and 7 of the DD collection (all but the orange and the red). I've also ordered the new batches as well as the previous 6. For me Glam has become the new EP, in fact it's better than EP, less hype, more availability, cheaper and the colours are more unique. I've seen the new EP monthlies and while I like Sept and Nov, neither look that unique or exciting, and Oct is just plain boring. (I won't say more in case someone doesn't want to know the colours.) I will stop buying the mysteries at the end of this year, if she still carries on making them next year, I don't know, people seem less keen on them now.

Love both manis, especially Boo. I'm planning on wearing mine soon too, those DLs are so pretty.

I have big plans for my Halloween mani, we'll see if I manage to pull it off.

Wow! This is beautiful! Little bit similar to the CbL I wore the other day, perhaps minus the teal colour. That also has some glitters, but they don't show up that well on the nails.
Maybe I'll buy the blue thermal.... we'll see!
Thanks for the info re Lilypad topcoat - I did get one, so it was good to know I didn't have to figure out how to get the gems out! And also good to know about the decals too.

PearlyQueen

My latest hauls. Was hoping to include Vapid Spellcaster, one of the Hella Holo Custom group polishes, but it didn't come today. Hope it comes tomorrow, it's such a gorgeous polish.

More Lilypads, these are from RC, except for the old style bottle which I got for £5 in a destash and it's some exclusive called Scattering Sunlight and it's gorgeous!

I got the entire set of CC neon pastels from the same lady, £25 for the set. Not bad. Hope these watermarble well.

This is the Paint the Rainbow box from RC, the theme was Tim Burton's films.
Wowser, great hauls!
I nearly bought this RC box - the hint pics almost sold me, but I wasn't so keen on the swatches (except the CbL, which I now envy massively!). The DML looks nice again though - maybe I'll go for the next one!

Latest posts