Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Oh yes, no money, but plenty of pretty make up and nail polish! My husband suggested I sell some of them to raise some money.
bangin.gif

Anitacska

I think I've already had 3x3 troubles! I've just been explaning to everyone that these extra troubles should already stop, but a cabinet door was damaged yesterday, so yeah.

Poor puppy, hope he gets well soon.

I noticed that all the fading NPs I have are purple!

I might drop Hare. She has these random restocks and I'm not that into glitters any more. I dunno. We'll see.
Thanks, he's better already.

I've dropped Hare a while ago. Wasn't really into it anyway, but now I'm really not interested. Other brands are way prettier and more easily accessible.

MRV

Oh yes, no money, but plenty of pretty make up and nail polish! My husband suggested I sell some of them to raise some money.
bangin.gif
Preposterous! Like a male colleague just suggested to me that I should reduce the amout of (large) plants in my appartment. Plants I've nurtured for years! I was like What!? Make a second guess!
lecture.gif

However, I've made plans to sell some of my MAC BUs as I won't be needing them. There are some hot lippies. At least they should sell.

Anitacska

Preposterous! Like a male colleague just suggested to me that I should reduce the amout of (large) plants in my appartment. Plants I've nurtured for years! I was like What!? Make a second guess!
lecture.gif

However, I've made plans to sell some of my MAC BUs as I won't be needing them. There are some hot lippies. At least they should sell.
I have sold some of my back ups that I've decided I won't be needing and there are a few duplicate shades of nail polish I'll be selling, but that's all. Luckily unless something terrible happens, I'm okay for cash. But men just don't understand, idiots.

MRV

I have sold some of my back ups that I've decided I won't be needing and there are a few duplicate shades of nail polish I'll be selling, but that's all. Luckily unless something terrible happens, I'm okay for cash. But men just don't understand, idiots.
Yeah, they are totally clueless. I was just watching a local tv show yesterday and noticed several scenes where the men were total dumbos, like a man's colleague was in love him and he had no idea what was going on. Typical.

I received today my surprice Enchanted haul and my FFs! There are some really pretty ones in the Dune Collection!
th_drool.gif
And they came straight through again - no taxes!
th_happy1.gif

I also like the Enchanteds, Pinecone is a lovely shade of warm brown and Garland a khaki with golden shimmer/sheen.

PearlyQueen

wavey.gif
I've been trying to comment, but I think I have a "writer's block" or something as I'm too anxious with my home repairs. I've already been tolerating them for eight and a half months, half of which in exhale, and yesterday they finally started with damage repairs which could take weeks.
cry.gif
So I'm just commenting shortly.

@BuickMackane Nice to see you on this side! It's been a while. Nihongo o hanashimashoo! Well, that's about it. I also had my share of Japanese back in the days, and a 'natural' follow-up course.
graucho.gif

@Anneri Great to hear your move is approaching and you are learning Chinese. I once tried to write a phonological paper on Chinese with a live subjet, but I gave up and switched to Japanese. As I understand, Chinese is not a difficult language per se, but to us Europeans, a tone language with various homophones can be difficult.

@Anitacska Good to hear you will soon have the house to yourself, and better Holidays than anticipated. Man, you Hungarians always boast your language! You have so much more active cases than in Finnish (a relative) etc. Buuut, If we compare the written and spoken language, Finnish is the language that differs to most in the world. Just saying.
supacool.gif

@PearlyQueen How's the new job? Hope you're enjoying it.

@Fuzzy Hope you're feeling better!

Latest manis: FF Love's Wound

Lancôme Rouge Reglisse (473N) with Chanel Le Top Coat Lamé Rouge Noir

I got 20% off of the Chanel, so I got it. Found the Lancôme in my stash, and noticed that it's a Chanel Rouge Noir dupe = a perfect pair for the TC.

Oh, and about FF. I did pay a lot of taxes for the first direct haul, but last time when I called DHL to let them know that I would be handling the clearance by myself on the net (= for free), they said the package had been "liberated" and was already in delivery. I did not pay a cent! Now I have a third package on it's way. Let's see how it goes.
Beautiful manis - love that high-end chic effect you have there!
New job is OK, I've been exhausted since I started (my feet are throbbing right now!) hence the lack of posting! I think I'll enjoy it though, the people seem really nice and so far the work is OK too, though I'm not sure exactly what more they'll be wanting from me in the future once I'm settled. It's a bit of a shock going back to full time, and it's a long day with my commute too - and they expect me to jump up and down from my desk to the reception window all day long and walk up and down stairs and hills across the whole campus etc, which I'm really not used to! I'm definitely a desk jockey, but some days are OK if it's not too busy.

PearlyQueen

My current mani: Zoya Dannii with Girly Bits Ornamentary My Dear Watson on the accents. No sun again today as usual.

My little haul from C4N:

A weird thing happened when I was looking in some of my boxes, found this Color Club Ultra Violet:

Not exactly purple anymore now, is it?
icon_eek.gif
Those are all pretty! (Except the not-purple!!!)

PearlyQueen

Yeah, they are totally clueless. I was just watching a local tv show yesterday and noticed several scenes where the men were total dumbos, like a man's colleague was in love him and he had no idea what was going on. Typical.

I received today my surprice Enchanted haul and my FFs! There are some really pretty ones in the Dune Collection!
th_drool.gif
And they came straight through again - no taxes!
th_happy1.gif

I also like the Enchanteds, Pinecone is a lovely shade of warm brown and Garland a khaki with golden shimmer/sheen.
Yay, so glad you like them!

Anitacska

Yeah, they are totally clueless. I was just watching a local tv show yesterday and noticed several scenes where the men were total dumbos, like a man's colleague was in love him and he had no idea what was going on. Typical. I received today my surprice Enchanted haul and my FFs! There are some really pretty ones in the Dune Collection! :drool: And they came straight through again - no taxes! :yaay: I also like the Enchanteds, Pinecone is a lovely shade of warm brown and Garland a khaki with golden shimmer/sheen.
Lucky you! I missed DHL today, so no FFs for me. I'm staying in all day tomorrow, the puppy will have to do his business in the garden! I also have the boiler engineer coming back to look at the heating issues and my son's laptop is being picked up by a courier. So I'll be busy staying in!

MRV

Beautiful manis - love that high-end chic effect you have there!
New job is OK, I've been exhausted since I started (my feet are throbbing right now!) hence the lack of posting! I think I'll enjoy it though, the people seem really nice and so far the work is OK too, though I'm not sure exactly what more they'll be wanting from me in the future once I'm settled. It's a bit of a shock going back to full time, and it's a long day with my commute too - and they expect me to jump up and down from my desk to the reception window all day long and walk up and down stairs and hills across the whole campus etc, which I'm really not used to! I'm definitely a desk jockey, but some days are OK if it's not too busy.
Thank you! Your new job sounds promising. And good for you if you move about during the day. Here they talk that sitting is killing you.

Here's one of the newest FFs: The Secret Coinage. It's almost like a duochrome, with holo, flakies.
heart.gif

Fuzzy

My two recent manis and hauls:

EdM Chicken of the Cave with Glam Polish Mad Magician and stamping with Models Own Chrome Rose:

China Glaze Tongue & Chic with Femme Fatale Blue Vervain on the accents, then I tried adding some stamping which was very subtle (but noticeable) to start with, but then the topcoat ate it!
icon_eek.gif

My recent hauls, top row from RC, bottom row from one of the FB nail sales groups. I'd been thinking about getting those Starrily polishes, but never got around to it, then next thing I know this lady is selling them! Result!

Gorgeous manis
eyelove.gif
and nice little haul!

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

It's around February/ March! Eek!
Everything's good! Hubby will be transferred to Shanghai next year and I'll be a 'trailing spouse' (tm - official wording, not mine). So we started to study Mandarin two weeks ago and it's kicking our asses. I'm quite good with languages, but this is something else entirely.

But hey, I've three manis to share from last week!

Love the new Glams. Only thing was that the staying power was virtually non existing, I had chips after 12hrs.
ssad.gif

Hostile:

Forebode:

Il etait un vernis - Chardonnay

This has the most awesome formula I've encountered lately. Plus I've been wearing it for the last four days and no chips!!!
Shanghai will be quite the adventure! Much luck on learning Mandarin, I couldn't do it!
Pretty manis!

Anitacska

Ugh, I waited in all day and DHL didn't come back with my package from FF. The card said they'd deliver it again today, if not convenient, rearrage it. It was convenient! Argh! I've now rescheduled it for Monday, hope I won't miss them again.

Today's mani is Indigo Bananas Aquaflame with EP Good Life on the accents with vinyls. The IB dried quite bumpy, could be to do with the flakies in it, or the fact that I fell asleep before it had dried completely. Oh well.

Fuzzy

Ugh, I waited in all day and DHL didn't come back with my package from FF. The card said they'd deliver it again today, if not convenient, rearrage it. It was convenient! Argh! I've now rescheduled it for Monday, hope I won't miss them again.

Today's mani is Indigo Bananas Aquaflame with EP Good Life on the accents with vinyls. The IB dried quite bumpy, could be to do with the flakies in it, or the fact that I fell asleep before it had dried completely. Oh well.

Very nice! The IB has a nice shift. it could be the flakies, sometimes they get a little lumpy bumpy especially with more than one coat

raych1984

772a956d_image.jpeg
I finally gave the Rouge Noir topcoat a try. I'm not too impressed with it, as I have Revlon Autumn Spice which gives a really similar effect in just one product!

Anneri

Oh, I just can't decide if I should go for Neptune and the mysteries or not! Somebody tell me what to do! Please? ;)

Anitacska

Oh, I just can't decide if I should go for Neptune and the mysteries or not! Somebody tell me what to do! Please?
winks.gif
I'm the wrong person to ask, since I've bought all 3!
lol.gif
But these are my last mysteries, I'm not caving in again next year if she continues with the mystery theme. It's just too much money for a polish I don't know what it will look like, plus her shipping costs and refusal to mark packages down have really put me off. I'm sending this order to my Stackry account as I already have a few orders sitting there, but otherwise I'd have to place two orders to slip through customs. I do like some of the colours she's come out with this year, but they are mainly the non-mysteries, like Entwined, Neptune, Disco H2O, Dope Jam, etc.

Anneri

Heh! Actually you convinced me not to get them - it's the combo of not knowing what you get, the somehow mediocre polishes she did lately (honestly, all of them I got didn't wow me - I like them, but for that price point I want something better), and the outrageous shipping without marking down the value. I'd rather treat me to some polishes on my wishlist.

Latest posts