Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I took lots of pics of my latest mani coz I love this polish - LynBDesigns Amazingly Unlikely:

The aqua holo glitters add something special to the lovely, obvious, strongly pigmented and metallic multichrome in gorgeous colours. Bit of a pig to work with for the first coat, I thought it was going to be awful, but it's actually really beautiful after coat 3.
Wow! This is beautiful! Little bit similar to the CbL I wore the other day, perhaps minus the teal colour. That also has some glitters, but they don't show up that well on the nails.

Anitacska

My latest hauls. Was hoping to include Vapid Spellcaster, one of the Hella Holo Custom group polishes, but it didn't come today. Hope it comes tomorrow, it's such a gorgeous polish.

More Lilypads, these are from RC, except for the old style bottle which I got for £5 in a destash and it's some exclusive called Scattering Sunlight and it's gorgeous!

I got the entire set of CC neon pastels from the same lady, £25 for the set. Not bad. Hope these watermarble well.

This is the Paint the Rainbow box from RC, the theme was Tim Burton's films.

Anitacska

Quote:Originally Posted by Anneri
I think you all possibly have seen this already, but I thought I'd post Melanie's EP collaboration shade Neptune: http://iparallaxe.com/2015/11/01/enchanted-polish-neptune/

Aah, so pretty! It says it will be a preorder, fingers crossed.

Just remembered, for those who didn't get Pandore, I saw somewhere that it's almost exactly the same as EdM Claire Bear which is part of the C4N exclusive duo (with Celestial).

Anitacska

Beauty So Fly has restocked Femme Fatale, including all their exclusives and it says that once Solar Storm is sold out, it won't be restocked again. I've bit the bullet and ordered it, don't want to miss out.

MRV

EP just had a secret restock for 5 new cremes. Passing on them as I'm not paying $16 plus shipping for cremes.
I was there by accident (I was just catching up)! And I managed to get them all into my cart
icon_eek.gif
, but decided to only get the green with shimmer and another one (the brown) to make it worth!

Anneri

Wow! That's some luck MRV! I think I'm going to try to get Neptune, I really hope she has Pandore too but rather doubt it. Anyways, Pshiiit had some comparison pics of Pandore with NCLA Redicalist which is a tiny bit more pink but I like it a lot too - so maybe I'll just get Redicalist that is stocked by C4N so the shipping is much more reasonable!

Anitacska

I was there by accident (I was just catching up)! And I managed to get them all into my cart
icon_eek.gif
, but decided to only get the green with shimmer and another one (the brown) to make it worth!
I'm glad you did. Looks like everyone else was going for the other 3 colours. I'm just not interested in her cremes. If I want some, Barry M, Models Own, OPI, Zoya, etc. do nice ones for half the price or less.

MRV

I'm glad you did. Looks like everyone else was going for the other 3 colours. I'm just not interested in her cremes. If I want some, Barry M, Models Own, OPI, Zoya, etc. do nice ones for half the price or less.
Thanks! I'm always the weirdo!
girlhaha.gif

Where Neptune is going to be available? EP?

Anitacska

Yes, EP. Melanie writes in her post it'll be available for preorder with some other shades - she thinks with the monthlies.
It would be cool if there were some other shades in the preorder too, maybe some more nice duochromes.

My November 2015 came today, but no sign of the other two. Tracking says they arrived in the UK two days ago.

I have a couple of haul pictures, one is a Bear Pawlish that was missing from my initial package and Top Shelf Lacquer, a HHC custom. The other is from the Glam batch restock plus Elevation East London that I bought from the lady who muled the Glams for me, and Vapid Lacquer Spellcaster that was also a HHC custom.

My slightly botched up Halloween mani. I used Glam Polish Life is a Story as a base with nail vinyls, the thumb and ring finger I added Glam Polish Dreamgirls, but the vinyls were a pain and my ring finger really didn't come out well. Was supposed to look like spider's webs. The right hand was a bit better, but still not great.

My current mani, EP Dark Fantasy with Glam Polish OH. I added some stamping with the EP, this mani was actually for a funeral I was supposed to attend today, but it turned out it's going to be on Friday instead. (A very nice old man I got to know about 2 years ago passed away recently, he and I became quite good friends, he was such a sweet, kind hearted, nice man.) I'll have to think of a similarly suitable mani for Friday now.

So sick of the lack of sunshine now, we had thick fog for 2 days and today is cloudy and miserable. :(

Fuzzy

I love that mani! That's how I envisaged mine would turn out, but it didn't.

Thank you. It's not Christmas I find stressful as such, but the fact that he'll be home for ages. He's really annoying when he's here and tries to boss everyone about. My Mum will be here for a week, hopefully he'll behave better.

I have some new EdM polishes from C4N, they came yesterday and only took about a week thankfully.

Mei Mei has the even newer ones, but I'm trying to be good and not ordering from her, C4N has really cheap shipping, I'll wait for her to have them instead.

That said, I did order a couple of Girly Bits polishes from Mei Mei.

Also Polished by KPT and Bear Pawlishes from RC:

Has anyone seen the new mystery EPs? I'm happy to post spoilers (not mine), if people want to see them.

I have two new manis, one is CbL Midnight in Montana
love.gif
with CbL The Master, the other is El Corazon Strawberry Margarita with Pretty & Polished Love Bytes. The glitter ate the topcoat, needed a coat of Glitter Food plus another topcoat. Blimey. I took a ton of pictures of the CbL as it's such a pretty shifty polish.

Great haul and manis! the CbL does have a nice shift!

Fuzzy

Lol, you're not a weirdo. We are all different, it's fine.

It would be cool if there were some other shades in the preorder too, maybe some more nice duochromes.

My November 2015 came today, but no sign of the other two. Tracking says they arrived in the UK two days ago.

I have a couple of haul pictures, one is a Bear Pawlish that was missing from my initial package and Top Shelf Lacquer, a HHC custom. The other is from the Glam batch restock plus Elevation East London that I bought from the lady who muled the Glams for me, and Vapid Lacquer Spellcaster that was also a HHC custom.

My slightly botched up Halloween mani. I used Glam Polish Life is a Story as a base with nail vinyls, the thumb and ring finger I added Glam Polish Dreamgirls, but the vinyls were a pain and my ring finger really didn't come out well. Was supposed to look like spider's webs. The right hand was a bit better, but still not great.

My current mani, EP Dark Fantasy with Glam Polish OH. I added some stamping with the EP, this mani was actually for a funeral I was supposed to attend today, but it turned out it's going to be on Friday instead. (A very nice old man I got to know about 2 years ago passed away recently, he and I became quite good friends, he was such a sweet, kind hearted, nice man.) I'll have to think of a similarly suitable mani for Friday now.

So sick of the lack of sunshine now, we had thick fog for 2 days and today is cloudy and miserable. :(
another nice haul!

Pretty manis! sorry to hear about your friend :(

and hopefully you will have some sun soon

Fuzzy

Hi all Here's my Halloween mani(well, a few days before) boring but I was short on time lol L'Oréal Mango Mamma
35072ac0_image.jpeg
The nice chip on the ring finger is from when I slipped on the rain slicked streetcar track and landed on my hands and knees... Especially my knees :eek:hboy: And this weeks mani is China Glaze Unpredictable:
dbbccff9_image.jpeg
a56425ae_image.jpeg
8bff81a8_image.jpeg
7cb8708f_image.jpeg
After my knees healed most of the way I went out to a rock n'roll dance event and I overdid it and now my joints are all flared up. I need to be bubble wrapped and put away lol so lots of rest and anti-inflammatories for me :bangin: I think I will check if my pumpkin cheesecake is defrosted... Too ouchy to sleep right now.

MRV

The latest manis again: EdM Veiled Flame and Fine Art with OPI Lights of Emerald City

Cadillacquer Game Over with Elevation Tre Cime di Lavaredo

And I almost forgot - Enchanted November 2014 with Elevation Tre Cime di Lavaredo and Aguja St. Exupery

Anitacska

The latest manis again: EdM Veiled Flame and Fine Art with OPI Lights of Emerald City

Cadillacquer Game Over with Elevation Tre Cime di Lavaredo

And I almost forgot - Enchanted November 2014 with Elevation Tre Cime di Lavaredo and Aguja St. Exupery

Lovely manis as ever MRV! Your spider webs look so much better than mine.

Hope nobody minds me posting these, I'm assuming by now we've all received our EP mysteries or at least seen the pictures. I'm wearing November 2015 with Glam Polish Vampyr on the accents. I did this 3 days ago and was too tired to change it, so wore it to the funeral today as well. I guess it's not too loud.

As per usual, no sunshine here. :(

My current hauls: EP, an EdM and Lilypad I bought on an FB group, EdM and CbL from RC (I ordered another EdM too, but she sent the wrong one again, she keeps doing that, so annoying, also my CbL came with a crack in the top of the bottle, but it's still holding up), Different Dimension and a few random bits from TK Maxx and Superdrug.

Feel like I'm coming down with a cold, I need a BIG sleep. This week's been too tiring.
sleepy.gif

BuickMackane

Hello there NP fiends
wavey.gif

It's been ages since I last posted here. I hope you are all doing well (you sure seem to be, judging by the awesome haulage action and the beautiful manis
eyelove.gif
)

No pics unfortunately but I'm currently wearing an oldie but goldie: China Glaze How About A Tumble. Yikes, time flies. When did the Kaleidoscope collection come out? 2009?

Rediscovering any old favourites lately? Do tell :)

Anitacska

Hello there NP fiends
wavey.gif

It's been ages since I last posted here. I hope you are all doing well (you sure seem to be, judging by the awesome haulage action and the beautiful manis
eyelove.gif
)

No pics unfortunately but I'm currently wearing an oldie but goldie: China Glaze How About A Tumble. Yikes, time flies. When did the Kaleidoscope collection come out? 2009?

Rediscovering any old favourites lately? Do tell :)
I'll say hello here too!
wavey.gif
So glad you've popped in!

I'm really trying to use some of my older polishes as well as the newer ones, although I actually only got into nail polish about 5 years ago! Can you imagine? I used to have maybe 10 polishes and hardly ever painted my nails back then! Now I have over 3000 (!) and paint my nails every other day. But back then indies didn't exist, or maybe I was unaware, lol. Anyway, the rest is history.

Anyway, lovely to see you again and hope you'll come back and share some manis with us again.

PS. I've googled that CG and it looks gorgeous!

BuickMackane

I'll say hello here too!
wavey.gif
So glad you've popped in!

I'm really trying to use some of my older polishes as well as the newer ones, although I actually only got into nail polish about 5 years ago! Can you imagine? I used to have maybe 10 polishes and hardly ever painted my nails back then! Now I have over 3000 (!) and paint my nails every other day. But back then indies didn't exist, or maybe I was unaware, lol. Anyway, the rest is history.

Anyway, lovely to see you again and hope you'll come back and share some manis with us again.

PS. I've googled that CG and it looks gorgeous!
Why, have we met m'lady?
graucho.gif

The entire Kaleidoscope collection was wonderful. It may even have been the first holo collection by any brand but I won't bet my life on it.

3000+ in 5 years deserves one thing and that's
th_worship.gif
. If it makes you happy why the hell not. I can spend hours at home just reorganising/swatching my makeup and I'd choose that over most other things any day. Being surrounded by pretty things is therapeutic.

Did you see the news about RBL closing down? All their NPs are half price except for the newest Fan 3.0 collection. Chances are those will also be reduced soon but there are three that I absolutely wanted (Electro Glacier, GalaxSea and Golden Horn) and I didn't want to risk them selling out. Seeing as they charge a fixed $13.50 for up to 5 bottles I also added Gondoliere and Coral to my cart. No sooner than I pressed "confirm order" I started to wonder if I should also have bought the other colours I'm missing (they're all brushstrokey shimmers and I can't abide brushstrokey shimmers. GO figure
lol.gif
)

Latest posts