Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I think you all possibly have seen this already, but I thought I'd post Melanie's EP collaboration shade Neptune: http://iparallaxe.com/2015/11/01/enchanted-polish-neptune/

Aah, so pretty! It says it will be a preorder, fingers crossed.

Just remembered, for those who didn't get Pandore, I saw somewhere that it's almost exactly the same as EdM Claire Bear which is part of the C4N exclusive duo (with Celestial).
Interesting - I did buy Claire Bear, awaiting delivery on it - but I'll buy Pandora too of course if I get the chance!

PearlyQueen

Lol, you're not a weirdo. We are all different, it's fine.

It would be cool if there were some other shades in the preorder too, maybe some more nice duochromes.

My November 2015 came today, but no sign of the other two. Tracking says they arrived in the UK two days ago.

I have a couple of haul pictures, one is a Bear Pawlish that was missing from my initial package and Top Shelf Lacquer, a HHC custom. The other is from the Glam batch restock plus Elevation East London that I bought from the lady who muled the Glams for me, and Vapid Lacquer Spellcaster that was also a HHC custom.

My slightly botched up Halloween mani. I used Glam Polish Life is a Story as a base with nail vinyls, the thumb and ring finger I added Glam Polish Dreamgirls, but the vinyls were a pain and my ring finger really didn't come out well. Was supposed to look like spider's webs. The right hand was a bit better, but still not great.

My current mani, EP Dark Fantasy with Glam Polish OH. I added some stamping with the EP, this mani was actually for a funeral I was supposed to attend today, but it turned out it's going to be on Friday instead. (A very nice old man I got to know about 2 years ago passed away recently, he and I became quite good friends, he was such a sweet, kind hearted, nice man.) I'll have to think of a similarly suitable mani for Friday now.

So sick of the lack of sunshine now, we had thick fog for 2 days and today is cloudy and miserable. :(
Stunning haul - and I like both your manis!

PearlyQueen

so lots of rest and anti-inflammatories for me
bangin.gif
I think I will check if my pumpkin cheesecake is defrosted... Too ouchy to sleep right now.
Lovely manis! Hope you're feeling better now.

PearlyQueen

The latest manis again: EdM Veiled Flame and Fine Art with OPI Lights of Emerald City

Cadillacquer Game Over with Elevation Tre Cime di Lavaredo

And I almost forgot - Enchanted November 2014 with Elevation Tre Cime di Lavaredo and Aguja St. Exupery

These are all gorgeous!

PearlyQueen

Hi Fuzzy! Nice to see you again. Sorry about you hurting your knees and your joints. At least it sounds like you had fun at the dance event. Hope you feel better soon.

Nice manis!

Lovely manis as ever MRV! Your spider webs look so much better than mine.

Hope nobody minds me posting these, I'm assuming by now we've all received our EP mysteries or at least seen the pictures. I'm wearing November 2015 with Glam Polish Vampyr on the accents. I did this 3 days ago and was too tired to change it, so wore it to the funeral today as well. I guess it's not too loud.

As per usual, no sunshine here. :(

My current hauls: EP, an EdM and Lilypad I bought on an FB group, EdM and CbL from RC (I ordered another EdM too, but she sent the wrong one again, she keeps doing that, so annoying, also my CbL came with a crack in the top of the bottle, but it's still holding up), Different Dimension and a few random bits from TK Maxx and Superdrug.

Feel like I'm coming down with a cold, I need a BIG sleep. This week's been too tiring.
sleepy.gif
Gorgeous mani, lovely haul. I'm really tempted by that EdM...

PearlyQueen

Yeah, that's a lot for shipping. But 2 kg of nail polish is a good few bottles!

You can buy FF, Lilypad and EdM from Color4Nails, their international shipping is very reasonable. Also, Hypnotic Polish carries Glam Polish and they have their own exclusives too, they are in the Netherlands, so that should be good for you. #notenablingatall

It's an idea, but my living room is mostly full of the children's crap. We have several boxes full of toys and board games. Also our living room is a funny shape (it used to be two interconnecting rooms) and has 2 doors, a glass door that leads to the garden and it's not very big anyway, so storage space isn't too great. But I think my husband might be taking one of the bookshelves and I may be able to squeeze in an Alex in its place.

Hahaha, he's getting his freedom, that's what he's getting!
lol.gif
I can't wait now, he reckons he'll be moving next Thursday, so that's 10 days (not that I'm counting...
whistle.gif
).
Good news Anita, hope all goes to plan!

PearlyQueen

My two recent manis and hauls:

EdM Chicken of the Cave with Glam Polish Mad Magician and stamping with Models Own Chrome Rose:

China Glaze Tongue & Chic with Femme Fatale Blue Vervain on the accents, then I tried adding some stamping which was very subtle (but noticeable) to start with, but then the topcoat ate it!
icon_eek.gif

My recent hauls, top row from RC, bottom row from one of the FB nail sales groups. I'd been thinking about getting those Starrily polishes, but never got around to it, then next thing I know this lady is selling them! Result!

Fab haul, fab manis - and I really LOVE the stamping on the first one!

PearlyQueen

This has the most awesome formula I've encountered lately. Plus I've been wearing it for the last four days and no chips!!!
These are soooo pretty!
Can you get nail polish delivered to China??? (Priorities!!!)
Good luck learning the language, I would be terrified!

MRV

wavey.gif
I've been trying to comment, but I think I have a "writer's block" or something as I'm too anxious with my home repairs. I've already been tolerating them for eight and a half months, half of which in exhale, and yesterday they finally started with damage repairs which could take weeks.
cry.gif
So I'm just commenting shortly.

@BuickMackane Nice to see you on this side! It's been a while. Nihongo o hanashimashoo! Well, that's about it. I also had my share of Japanese back in the days, and a 'natural' follow-up course.
graucho.gif

@Anneri Great to hear your move is approaching and you are learning Chinese. I once tried to write a phonological paper on Chinese with a live subjet, but I gave up and switched to Japanese. As I understand, Chinese is not a difficult language per se, but to us Europeans, a tone language with various homophones can be difficult.

@Anitacska Good to hear you will soon have the house to yourself, and better Holidays than anticipated. Man, you Hungarians always boast your language! You have so much more active cases than in Finnish (a relative) etc. Buuut, If we compare the written and spoken language, Finnish is the language that differs to most in the world. Just saying.
supacool.gif

@PearlyQueen How's the new job? Hope you're enjoying it.

@Fuzzy Hope you're feeling better!

Latest manis: FF Love's Wound

Lancôme Rouge Reglisse (473N) with Chanel Le Top Coat Lamé Rouge Noir

I got 20% off of the Chanel, so I got it. Found the Lancôme in my stash, and noticed that it's a Chanel Rouge Noir dupe = a perfect pair for the TC.

Oh, and about FF. I did pay a lot of taxes for the first direct haul, but last time when I called DHL to let them know that I would be handling the clearance by myself on the net (= for free), they said the package had been "liberated" and was already in delivery. I did not pay a cent! Now I have a third package on it's way. Let's see how it goes.

Anitacska

wavey.gif
I've been trying to comment, but I think I have a "writer's block" or something as I'm too anxious with my home repairs. I've already been tolerating them for eight and a half months, half of which in exhale, and yesterday they finally started with damage repairs which could take weeks.
cry.gif

@BuickMackane Nice to see you on this side! It's been a while. Nihongo o hanashimashoo! Well, that's about it. I also had my share of Japanese back in the days, and a 'natural' follow-up course.
graucho.gif

@Anneri Great to hear your move is approaching and you are learning Chinese. I once tried to write a phonological paper on Chinese with a live subjet, but I gave up and switched to Japanese. As I understand, Chinese is not a difficult language per se, but to us Europeans, a tone language with various homophones can be difficult.

@Anitacska Good to hear you will soon have the house to yourself, and better Holidays than anticipated. Man, you Hungarians always boast your language! You have so much more active cases than in Finnish (a relative) etc. Buuut, If we compare the written and spoken language, Finnish is the language that differs to most in the world. Just saying.
supacool.gif

@PearlyQueen How's the new job? Hope you're enjoying it.

@Fuzzy Hope you're feeling better!

Latest manis: FF Love's Wound

Lancôme Rouge Reglisse (473N) with Chanel Le Top Coat Lamé Rouge Noir

I got 20% off of the Chanel, so I got it. Found the Lancôme in my stash, and noticed that it's a Chanel Rouge Noir dupe = a perfect pair for the TC.

Oh, and about FF. I did pay a lot of taxes for the first direct haul, but last time when I called DHL to let them know that I would be handling the clearance by myself on the net (= for free), they said the package had been "liberated" and was already in delivery. I did not pay a cent! Now I have a third package on it's way. Let's see how it goes.
Oh no, sorry to hear about all the household issues. Something's gone wrong in my house too, the fuse blew due to what seemed like an exposed wire behind a switch, but now out central heating and dishwasher are playing up too, wonder if it caused the wiring to go wrong all over the house.
ssad.gif
Also my son's laptop has stopped working completely, luckily it's still under warranty, but it's taken me 2 days to get some answers from Toshiba as it is, I'm currently on hold on the phone to them. Argh!

Lucky about FF. Mine is being delivered tomorrow, haven't heard yet, they'll probably let me know tomorrow morning how much I have to pay. So far it's been £3 something both times, so not too bad.

Nice manis! I love the FF especially.

Ah, yes, the usual Hungarian-Finnish rivalry!
girlhaha.gif

Anitacska

My current mani: Zoya Dannii with Girly Bits Ornamentary My Dear Watson on the accents. No sun again today as usual.

My little haul from C4N:

A weird thing happened when I was looking in some of my boxes, found this Color Club Ultra Violet:

Not exactly purple anymore now, is it?
icon_eek.gif

BuickMackane

wavey.gif
cry.gif

graucho.gif
Hi there MRV!
bouquet.gif
O hisashiburi desu ne. O genki desu ka?

Hmm yeah, that's all I remember lol.

Holy crap 8.5 months is a helluva long time. Are you sure you didn't have the entire house torn down and had a new one built? The "damage repairs" you mentioned concern me. Nothing too serious I hope?

I know this is totally the wrong thread for this but if you have access to Marc Jacobs Beauty I highly recommend that you check out their lipstick in Rei of Light. It's a warm, brownish red and it's bloody gorgeous!
eyelove.gif

Anitacska

In case someone didn't get the e-mail, EP pre-order for Neptune, December and Holiday 2015 this Saturday from 10 am PST (6 pm UK time, 7 pm CET) for 24 hours.

I'm definitely ordering them, but I think next year I won't bother with the mysteries. I've liked a few this year, but a few I could do without, October in particular. Also, if I don't start buying them next year, I won't feel compelled to complete my collection. $17 a polish is now very expensive for mystery colours.

MRV

Hi there MRV!
bouquet.gif
O hisashiburi desu ne. O genki desu ka?

Hmm yeah, that's all I remember lol.

Holy crap 8.5 months is a helluva long time. Are you sure you didn't have the entire house torn down and had a new one built? The "damage repairs" you mentioned concern me. Nothing too serious I hope?

I know this is totally the wrong thread for this but if you have access to Marc Jacobs Beauty I highly recommend that you check out their lipstick in Rei of Light. It's a warm, brownish red and it's bloody gorgeous!
eyelove.gif
Soo desu ne! Genki desu.

Well, we did have the entire piping system reniewed in the building (= totally new bathrooms), plus some other related jobs. And I also had my ******* redone (you might not be familiar with the Specktra 'forbidden room'
th_confused_new.gif
yet, but as a hint I can reveal that you usually prepare/eat food in that room). Almost four weeks ago some bozo caused a leak in my *******, and now there's a hole in the floor and a machine drying the fillers. Major suck.

Thanks for the tip! I've been interested in MJ but I don't think we have it here. But I'm surely going to be able to check it out in Paris in January. Their other lippies also look pretty.

MRV

In case someone didn't get the e-mail, EP pre-order for Neptune, December and Holiday 2015 this Saturday from 10 am PST (6 pm UK time, 7 pm CET) for 24 hours.

I'm definitely ordering them, but I think next year I won't bother with the mysteries. I've liked a few this year, but a few I could do without, October in particular. Also, if I don't start buying them next year, I won't feel compelled to complete my collection. $17 a polish is now very expensive for mystery colours.
ARgh, I really have no money for them but can't break the pattern. I also think I have to cut off something next year due to more expenses.

BuickMackane

Quote: Soo desu ne! Genki desu.

Well, we did have the entire piping system reniewed in the building (= totally new bathrooms), plus some other related jobs. And I also had my ******* redone (you might not be familiar with the Specktra 'forbidden room'
th_confused_new.gif
yet, but as a hit I can reveal that you usually prepare/eat food in that room). Almost four weeks ago some bozo caused a leak in my *******, and now there's a hole in the floor and a machine drying the fillers. Major suck.

Thanks for the tip! I've been interested in MJ but I don't think we have it here. But I'm surely going to be able to check it out in Paris in January. Their other lippies also look pretty.

Erm, no, I didn't know about the forbidden room business. Kinda random but hey, so is life in general
lol.gif

The repairwork sounds brutal and you have my deepest sympathies. It's always chaos when there's major repairs, and doubly so when you're actually in the house. Nowhere near as bad, but we had the roof done at the faculty over the summer, and being on the top floor, we had the worst of it. Some days it got so bad that we couldn't even work. As if that wasn't gorgeous enough some people actually came in one morning to find holes in the ceiling, accompanied by a pile of rubble and a cloud of dust. Nice one
ohboy.gif
Apparently they want to redo the corridor now. Open offices and all that shite. Nice one x2. I swear I'll resign if they stick me in an open office.

MJB lippies are really nice! I scored a few from Sephora.fr when they had a 25% off coupon in October. Along with a crapton of other stuff. I'm broke as hell but I have pretty makeup. So there!
queen.gif

Anitacska

ARgh, I really have no money for them but can't break the pattern. I also think I have to cut off something next year due to more expenses.
Yeah, my nail polish budget is going to be smaller from next month, so I have to prioritise. I much prefer other brands like Glam Polish, Lilypad Lacquer, EdM and Femme Fatale now anyway. Cheaper and more available with good customer service, although I wish Glam Polish shipped to the UK via their US distributor like Lilypad and EdM do. Or by DHL like FF.

Anitacska

Erm, no, I didn't know about the forbidden room business. Kinda random but hey, so is life in general
lol.gif

The repairwork sounds brutal and you have my deepest sympathies. It's always chaos when there's major repairs, and doubly so when you're actually in the house. Nowhere near as bad, but we had the roof done at the faculty over the summer, and being on the top floor, we had the worst of it. Some days it got so bad that we couldn't even work. As if that wasn't gorgeous enough some people actually came in one morning to find holes in the ceiling, accompanied by a pile of rubble and a cloud of dust. Nice one
ohboy.gif
Apparently they want to redo the corridor now. Open offices and all that shite. Nice one x2. I swear I'll resign if they stick me in an open office.

MJB lippies are really nice! I scored a few from Sephora.fr when they had a 25% off coupon in October. Along with a crapton of other stuff. I'm broke as hell but I have pretty makeup. So there!
queen.gif
Oh dear, that doesn't sound much fun either. We were going to do a loft extension before we decided to split, I was dreading it, but now it's not happening anyway as I won't have the money for it unless I win the lottery. It would be great as my son's bedroom is tiny, but sadly he'll have to wait until one of his sisters goes off to university or moves out. The curse of being the youngest, lol.

MRV

lol.gif

ohboy.gif

queen.gif
Thanks, Buick! I'm trying to cope while keeping the men on their toes. A woman lawyer I know recommended that no penalty or nothing works as good as a b*tch attitude. I'm sure my pedantic control and demands fill that requirement in their eyes. In addition, what bugs me the most is that my appartment still does not look less but more like a warehouse!

Your roof job sounds awful. Is there no attic? Hope you don't have to work in an open office. It seems to be a trend now. I used to work in an open office (well, a room about 20 m2!) with three other persons, and we all talked a lot on the phone!
nope.gif
My current work is in a building from the late 19th century, so luckily an open office is not going to happen there with those thick walls. However, I don't actually have a door in my office, so it's not really private.

25% off? That's dangerous! I'm also so broke with pretty MU!
drinkup.gif

MRV

My Mum always says troubles come in threes. So sounds like there's one more to expect, then I'm done. Or maybe it's the puppy, he's been having an upset tummy for days, had to take him to the vets yesterday.

Oh no, sorry about your UV! Looks like we're not having much luck with our purples! The Different Dimension polish is an even lighter pink now!

Yeah, my nail polish budget is going to be smaller from next month, so I have to prioritise. I much prefer other brands like Glam Polish, Lilypad Lacquer, EdM and Femme Fatale now anyway. Cheaper and more available with good customer service, although I wish Glam Polish shipped to the UK via their US distributor like Lilypad and EdM do. Or by DHL like FF.
I think I've already had 3x3 troubles! I've just been explaning to everyone that these extra troubles should already stop, but a cabinet door was damaged yesterday, so yeah.

Poor puppy, hope he gets well soon.

I noticed that all the fading NPs I have are purple!

I might drop Hare. She has these random restocks and I'm not that into glitters any more. I dunno. We'll see.

Latest posts