Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I have a few haul pictures. First is my Glam Polish order from the Cry Baby and Alice collections:

20160701_141652.jpg

Small order from Hypnotic Polish:

20160630_125407.jpg

Finally FF order from RC:

20160702_134808.jpg

My last two manis, first is CbL Cindy Lou Who with Liquid Sky Lacquer Love:

20160702_102308.jpg 20160702_102342.jpg

My current one is a 2011 untried, Sally Hansen South Sea Pearl. I also put a coat of Color Club Pearl-Spective on top, but it doesn't really show up (it's just light pink shimmer):

20160704_102024.jpg 20160704_102051.jpg

Fuzzy

Hello all, long time no post
It seems like I've been either busy with a million things or sick! and it's very hard to paint nails while needing to blow your nose every 3 seconds lol. And now it's unbearably hot and humid grrrr, most of next week will be high 20s or low 30s likely with 90% humidity.

Everyone's manis look great!

@Anitacska I have South Sea Pearl, too! I think mine is probably even older then 2011 :eek:

I haven't done many manis but I'll post the ones I did do...

Misa - Eye Candy (this was just a touch warmer-toned than my guitar so they posed together lol)

071.jpg
048.jpg
OPI - Ski Slope Sweetie

039.jpg

EdM - Hardware over OPI - Warm Me Up

093.jpg

Picture Polish - Siren Song

139.jpg

And I got China Glaze Moonlight the Night on sale at Sally Beauty
image.jpg

Last edited:

Anitacska

It seems like I've been either busy with a million things or sick! and it's very hard to paint nails while needing to blow your nose every 3 seconds lol. And now it's unbearably hot and humid grrrr, most of next week will be high 20s or low 30s likely with 90% humidity.

@Anitacska I have South Sea Pearl, too! I think mine is probably even older then 2011 :eek:

Misa - Eye Candy (this was just a touch warmer-toned than my guitar so they posed together lol)

View attachment 55268
View attachment 55269

OPI - Ski Slope Sweetie

View attachment 55270

View attachment 55271

View attachment 55272

View attachment 55273

Hi Fuzzy! Nice to see you! Sadly I can't see any of your mani pictures!

My SH is probably older than 2011, but that's when I bought it. I didn't own many bottles of nail polishes before 2011, maybe 10 bottles pre-children (last century!) and they were mostly pearly pink and pearly white!

Fuzzy

Hi Fuzzy! Nice to see you! Sadly I can't see any of your mani pictures!

My SH is probably older than 2011, but that's when I bought it. I didn't own many bottles of nail polishes before 2011, maybe 10 bottles pre-children (last century!) and they were mostly pearly pink and pearly white!

*sigh* this board is such a pain to load things to! I hope I fixed the photos in the post.

Anitacska

*sigh* this board is such a pain to load things to! I hope I fixed the photos in the post.

Yeah, I can see them now! Nice manis! I'm about to do a new mani and just done my toes. Will post pictures tomorrow. I also emptied out my US postbox, so have a lot of new pretties to show.

Anitacska

Right, finally I have a minute to post my haul and mani pictures.

View attachment 55290 View attachment 55291

These are from my US postbox. Very pissed off with them though, I got charged £34 (!) customs and I have no idea why! In all fairness I probably had much more value in there than £150, but I put it down as $20, so no idea why. MyMallBox had some server issues apparently and didn't notice some consolidated packages for days (I paid for shipping on Wednesday 29th for mine, but it only shipped on the 5th), so maybe this was caused by it too? They gave me $10 credit for the delay, but I haven't contacted them about the customs yet.

Anyway, onto my manis. First one is CbL Trouble with Turquoise Twinkle.

20160706_120449.jpg

Next is Nails Inc Portman Place with Orly Lilac Gloss Glitter (which is the same as Pixie Powder).

20160708_165439.jpg

I broke my thumb nail while trying to open a can (doh!) and it's a sideways break quite low down. I trimmed it and tried to patch it up, but it didn't hold too well, will try again tonight when I change my current mani.

Nails Inc Walton Street with Color Club Candy Cane (2011 untried).

20160710_180002.jpg

Not a great picture, but my pedi is Vapid Lacquer Dragon Tears.

20160710_113220.jpg

PearlyQueen

Thank you!

I generally like Color Club, but this particular polish is just weird.

The Kiko was £2.50, and it's so pretty! Why are you resisting them? They're good quality and cheap.

Pretty. I was going to get this, but lately Darling Diva hasn't been doing proper restocks and I never managed to get what I wanted in one go and ended up not ordering just one or two at a time. I haven't bought from her in ages.

I'm resisting Kiko purely because I don't need to add yet another brand to my stable, regardless of price! This will probably change eventually....!
Thanks, it was a pretty polish to wear - I know what you mean about her restocks at DD, I preferred it when her polishes were available for ages and you didn't have to jump in when they release to get the few you want. It's one of the brands I really like though, so I've had a few recently.

PearlyQueen

I have a few haul pictures. First is my Glam Polish order from the Cry Baby and Alice collections:

View attachment 55188

Small order from Hypnotic Polish:

View attachment 55189

Finally FF order from RC:

View attachment 55190

My last two manis, first is CbL Cindy Lou Who with Liquid Sky Lacquer Love:

View attachment 55191 View attachment 55192

My current one is a 2011 untried, Sally Hansen South Sea Pearl. I also put a coat of Color Club Pearl-Spective on top, but it doesn't really show up (it's just light pink shimmer):

View attachment 55193 View attachment 55194

I love loads of your new haul (I have a few of the Glams waiting in the US!).
Your manis are also really pretty - Cindy Lou Who? looks really nice - I have it unworn, but it doesn't look that exciting in the bottle, I prefer it on your nails!

PearlyQueen

View attachment 55278
View attachment 55279
OPI - Ski Slope Sweetie

View attachment 55280

View attachment 55281

View attachment 55282

View attachment 55273

Hi Fuzzy! Nice to hear from you!
I love all of your manis, they look sooo pretty.

PearlyQueen

These are from my US postbox. Very pissed off with them though, I got charged £34 (!) customs and I have no idea why! In all fairness I probably had much more value in there than £150, but I put it down as $20, so no idea why. MyMallBox had some server issues apparently and didn't notice some consolidated packages for days (I paid for shipping on Wednesday 29th for mine, but it only shipped on the 5th), so maybe this was caused by it too? They gave me $10 credit for the delay, but I haven't contacted them about the customs yet.

View attachment 55292

Next is Nails Inc Portman Place with Orly Lilac Gloss Glitter (which is the same as Pixie Powder).

View attachment 55293

I broke my thumb nail while trying to open a can (doh!) and it's a sideways break quite low down. I trimmed it and tried to patch it up, but it didn't hold too well, will try again tonight when I change my current mani.

View attachment 55294

View attachment 55295
Wowsers, nice haul! I'm so sorry you've had aggravation with your forwarders though, and customs is a pain. I've had a package sitting in customs for 9 days now without receiving a card to pay the fees, I keep emailing them but still not sorted out and I'm really worried it's going to be sent back :( Post office is pants :(
Pretty manis, I love the one with the CbLs in particular. Turquoise Twinkly is so pretty, wish I had bought it now! Also love the Vapid - a brand I don't own.

Anitacska

I'm resisting Kiko purely because I don't need to add yet another brand to my stable, regardless of price! This will probably change eventually....!
Thanks, it was a pretty polish to wear - I know what you mean about her restocks at DD, I preferred it when her polishes were available for ages and you didn't have to jump in when they release to get the few you want. It's one of the brands I really like though, so I've had a few recently.

I get where you're coming from, I try to do that too, but sometimes fail miserably. Oh well, at least if it's a brand that sells cheap polishes, you don't end up spending too much. ;)

I used to buy loads of DD, but I'm just not that interested. What really put me off was the way she did the launch for the FB group exclusives. No notice, just listed them in the middle of the night, so by the time I noticed, they were gone. I prefer knowing in advance. (Alright, I know, EP and such, but the beauty of DD was that it was so much easier to buy.)

I love loads of your new haul (I have a few of the Glams waiting in the US!).
Your manis are also really pretty - Cindy Lou Who? looks really nice - I have it unworn, but it doesn't look that exciting in the bottle, I prefer it on your nails!

Thank you! I know what you mean about CLW, it looks a bit meh in the bottle.

I love loads of those samples, I could happily have owned almost all of them! However, not so sorry that I missed a shambolic restock, sounds seriously stressful. Congrats on getting some of them though, I shall be quietly envious!

Oh I know, all of those samples are so beautiful! I'm happy at least I got 2, the limit was 3, so didn't do too bad. The FF restocks aren't normally that bad, I think it was because a couple of the Oops colours were so limited and loads of people were trying for them. Well, it's not like I don't have enough polishes to use though...

Wowsers, nice haul! I'm so sorry you've had aggravation with your forwarders though, and customs is a pain. I've had a package sitting in customs for 9 days now without receiving a card to pay the fees, I keep emailing them but still not sorted out and I'm really worried it's going to be sent back :( Post office is pants :(
Pretty manis, I love the one with the CbLs in particular. Turquoise Twinkly is so pretty, wish I had bought it now! Also love the Vapid - a brand I don't own.

Thanks. Vapid is a new brand for me, I originally only had Spellcaster (from the Hela Holo Customs group) and then looked into it, it's one of these quite limited, very sought after brands, not sure if it's worth the hassle yet, but what I've got are nice polishes.

Oh no, where is your package from? Really hope you get it asap. I hate customs so much. Of course after Brexit everything will be subject to customs. :(

My new mani is Polished For Days - Speaking of the Devil:
View attachment 55297 View attachment 55298

Pretty! Your middle nail has caught up quickly!

It's funny, the polishes I have from PFD are all blues, purples and greys, whereas you have this bright berry red one! :) I only discovered this brand in the winter, but since I love everything with flakies, I now own 16 of their polishes.

Anitacska

Quick mani picture, it's Lilypad Lacquer We Are Mint to Be. My camera thinks it's teal, but it's not. Wouldn't say it's a minty colour, but it's not this blue either. I've tried to adjust the colour, so excuse the yellow fingers, but it's still not as green as irl. Oh well.

20160712_104412c.jpg

Anneri

Gosh, I'm so pissed about Nailland right now! I ordered from them ages ago, and stressed at the same time that it's really important that I receive my order at Thursday latest because I leave for Shanghai on Friday. I even upgraded my shipping to make sure of that. To cut a long story short, they mixed up orders, I got somebody else's, she got mine, and there's no chance in hell I get my own polishes until Friday morning. :mad:

I'm so angry I could spit. That was my Masura order, and also the ILNP pre-order. Gah.

Sorry for the rant, but with you fellow NPAs I at least know that you understand!

Fuzzy

View attachment 55292

View attachment 55293

View attachment 55294

View attachment 55295

Nice haul but ouch on the customs!

Pretty manis! I think my favourite is the blue
& nice pedi, I wont take a photo of mine because it's just the same boring white/silver pearl I used last year lol

Hi Fuzzy! Nice to hear from you!
I love all of your manis, they look sooo pretty.

Thank you PQ :)

My new mani is Polished For Days - Speaking of the Devil:
View attachment 55297 View attachment 55298

Great mani! nice sparkles

Quick mani picture, it's Lilypad Lacquer We Are Mint to Be. My camera thinks it's teal, but it's not. Wouldn't say it's a minty colour, but it's not this blue either. I've tried to adjust the colour, so excuse the yellow fingers, but it's still not as green as irl. Oh well.

View attachment 55301

Nice mani!

Still under a heat alert here *sweats*

Fuzzy

Gosh, I'm so pissed about Nailland right now! I ordered from them ages ago, and stressed at the same time that it's really important that I receive my order at Thursday latest because I leave for Shanghai on Friday. I even upgraded my shipping to make sure of that. To cut a long story short, they mixed up orders, I got somebody else's, she got mine, and there's no chance in hell I get my own polishes until Friday morning. :mad:

I'm so angry I could spit. That was my Masura order, and also the ILNP pre-order. Gah.

Sorry for the rant, but with you fellow NPAs I at least know that you understand!

ARG! that's just awful! :doh: sorry that happened, Anneri.

Anitacska

Oh no, what a pain! I really feel for you, I've had a couple of things go wrong lately (not np related) and it's just so frustrating. I'm absolutely exhausted after dealing with all these stupid issues. Eg. my daughter accidentally poured water on her laptop and the keyboard needed replacing. Took it in (to PC World) to have it fixed, picked it up a week (and £69) later to find that it won't start up now. Took it back a following day, was apparently fixed a week later, went to pick it up and tried it before I brought it home. It worked there, but once again wouldn't start up. Argh! Today I took it back again (store is 15 minutes by car, so I've also wasted a lot of petrol on it as well as time) and spent 2 hours waiting for the guy to figure out what is actually wrong with it, so he can send it off again to have it fixed. Hopefully when I pick it up again sometime next week it will actually be fixed. Might have to pay more for it as this might be a separate fault and not caused by them while fixing the keyboard. Great.

And of course there was the delay with my US postbox and the £34 customs, but I'm over that now. On the upside the pound seems to be slowly crawling back up (yes, I do check every day, lol).

Hope you've had a nice time in Germany anyway, and hope you have a safe journey back to China! x

Anitacska

I've spent the last few days rearranging my polishes as I now have several completely full drawers. Managed to free up some space in my Alexes by moving 4 drawers' stuff into the last few empty rainbow drawers. It's still not great, but they are a lot more spaced out now, however if I buy more polish from certain brands, I might have to rearrange again. I try to keep them in alphabetical order, but some brands I have more polish from than others, so it doesn't always work. Oh well, as long as I know where everything is...

Huh, I thought I'd been relatively good this past month, but just looked at my credit card bill, and I've spend quite a bit more on polish than I thought. :( No wonder my drawers got so full.

Anyway, here's some haul pictures, my Femme Fatales have arrived (via the UK group buy) and a small order from RC.

View attachment 55411 View attachment 55412

The first two are my samples, then the July COTM and the other 3 are the Oops I could get. Plus the Edm and Sayuri are both FF exclusives.

Just a couple of CbLs and a Grace-full from RC.

20160714_164017.jpg

I'll post some mani pictures later too. I've been out Pokemon hunting with my younger two and need to finish making dinner.

Latest posts