Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

Glam Polish Sinister
View attachment 50237

View attachment 50238

View attachment 50239

This has loads of pink shimmer but it was subtle on the nail - I was shocked how much was there when I started stripping the mani off!
This also chipped fairly quickly on me (3 days).

I think all Glams of that particular LE chip fairly fast - mine chipped after 24hrs. I love the colours I got though!

And yeah, the new forum is quite a pain. I'm not good with new computer programs and stuff anyways, so I'm quite challenged with all the changes!

Anitacska

Nice! I especially like the flakey over it when it's purple!

Thank you! I wasn't sure it worked very well, but it was an interesting effect anyway.

I adore this mani, I'm a sucker for stars!
Novel colour wheel - but I bet you could have made a MUCH bigger one lol!¬
And this is the first RC box I'm really wishing I had bought - I'm taken with almost all of those, yet it was one of the boxes I fancied least!

Thank you! The box is still available if you want to get it.

Love that first mani!
And well done on the EP - looks lovely and a bargain!

Thank you!

May 2013 is so pretty. It had been my top 3 ISOs, the other two being Ocean Potion and I'm Kind if aq Big Deal, for a long long time, but the prices always put me off. Someone's selling IKOABD for $40 on one of the FB groups, but it's only half full. I'd get it for $30, but not likely she'll sell for that.

I didn't realise RC knocked off early - sorry!
And damn you, I bought Bears...

Sorry not sorry. :hehe: That was a good deal. RC had a crap deal, she didn't offer the £1 discounted shipping, so I passed. Instead got the Glams and EdM and Powder Perfect from C4N, and some Bears and Girly Bits. Now I'm done.

OK, so some manis! It's being balky so I'll do one per post and see how that goes...
Glam Polish Trinity
View attachment 50236

Glam Polish Sinister
View attachment 50237

View attachment 50238

View attachment 50239

This has loads of pink shimmer but it was subtle on the nail - I was shocked how much was there when I started stripping the mani off!

Pahlish - Test Batch Yummy Mummy (bought as a Mystery Pahlish)
View attachment 50242

New forum format is a bit of a pain... but I'm glad it's back anyway!

All your manis are lovely!

Yes, it is a pain. I hate it that you can't post more than one picture in one go.

I've been really busy, bought a Helmer and 2 Alexes in IKEA, plus a rainbow tower in Hobbycraft, took 2 evenings to put the Alexes together, now I've started moving my nail polishes into the Alexes and the Helmer. It's going to take forever! I need to figure out a good system, plus I'm updating my spreadsheet as I go along and it's sloooooow. The rainbow tower is mainly for my make up, but the bottom few drawers might take some nail polish.

Fuzzy

Thank you. Sorry to hear you're having radiator problems too. I hope I don't need a new one.

Pretty delicate mani.

Hopefully your radiator is fixed or will be soon.

Thank you!

Very pretty - if way too subtle for me! Regardless of how loud my dress is.... I'm not known for being understated!

Thank you! haha well, the dress was from the 70s! The very low light in the bar highlighted the iridescent flakes pretty well.

Argh, so I haven't figured out to post pics from my mobile, I'm in an awful nailpolish slump and while I'm still wearing polish on my nails, the weather has been totally horrid for the last week. Plus, my mobile crashed and I lost a lot of pics. So.

Anyways, anyone know about some good Black Friday indie polish deals? I know that some brands do a sale, but I'm more interested in the re-sellers store ones. I know C4N has one, but I'm not really interested in anything she has (Anitcska, didn't you say that her EdM exclusive is a dupe for Pandore?).

I wanted to give a lot of thanks for all the manis and hauls you all posted, but well, there're no longer there. :stickpoke:

I couldn't get photos from my phone either, hopefully that will get fixed soon. I'm dealing will all sorts of new stuff as I finally updated to Windows 10... it broke a few things and I'm slowly fixing them.

I hope they add the thanks back too!

Just a quick mani post as I've been so busy. Went to IKEA yesterday which was a 2.5 hour round trip (plus 1.5 hours spent there) and have managed to put the Helmer together, but still have the two Alexes to go. Also needed to go food shopping and do some washing and cleaning today. Argh!

Top mani is EdM Calibrated with ILNP Black Orchid on the accents stamped with Hit the Bottle Psycho Pink. Bottom is Pretty & Polished The Cat is Mad with Maybelline Knitted Gold. That pink is so pretty, but I adore the Maybelline!

View attachment 50209

View attachment 50208

Also, managed to pick this beauty up from someone on FB, got a great deal, although it's not completely full (90%), I only paid £25 plus postage for it, I've seen these go for $100+. The colour's completely off, it's so gorgeous irl.

View attachment 50210

PS. Does anyone know how we add multiple images? I have to keep adding them one by one.

Wow that's a long trip to Ikea lol Congrats on your new Helmer & Alexes!

Pretty manis!
Wow much better than $100+! Glad you found one of your most-wanteds!

OK, so some manis! It's being balky so I'll do one per post and see how that goes...
Glam Polish Trinity
View attachment 50236

Glam Polish Sinister
View attachment 50237

View attachment 50238

View attachment 50239

View attachment 50242

Great manis! love the Powder Perfect one!

Thank you! I wasn't sure it worked very well, but it was an interesting effect anyway.

Thank you! The box is still available if you want to get it.

Thank you!

May 2013 is so pretty. It had been my top 3 ISOs, the other two being Ocean Potion and I'm Kind if aq Big Deal, for a long long time, but the prices always put me off. Someone's selling IKOABD for $40 on one of the FB groups, but it's only half full. I'd get it for $30, but not likely she'll sell for that.

Sorry not sorry. :hehe: That was a good deal. RC had a crap deal, she didn't offer the £1 discounted shipping, so I passed. Instead got the Glams and EdM and Powder Perfect from C4N, and some Bears and Girly Bits. Now I'm done.

Yes, it is a pain. I hate it that you can't post more than one picture in one go.

I've been really busy, bought a Helmer and 2 Alexes in IKEA, plus a rainbow tower in Hobbycraft, took 2 evenings to put the Alexes together, now I've started moving my nail polishes into the Alexes and the Helmer. It's going to take forever! I need to figure out a good system, plus I'm updating my spreadsheet as I go along and it's sloooooow. The rainbow tower is mainly for my make up, but the bottom few drawers might take some nail polish.

Best of luck for getting them all organized! It will be so nice to be able to find them easier and have them not all in boxes.

I want to make a desk of some sort with two drawer units and a table top at some point, but it's just so far behind other things I need to get... like a kitchen cart. It would be so nice to to free some space on my kitchen counter and not have to keep my slow cooker on my dining table. It's bad enough the sewing machine has taken up permanent residence there lol:rolleyes: but who knows when I'll even get to that!

Anitacska

Today's mani!
HITS Mari Moon Toxic Galaxy:
View attachment 50255

Very nice!

Hopefully your radiator is fixed or will be soon.

Thank you!

Thank you! haha well, the dress was from the 70s! The very low light in the bar highlighted the iridescent flakes pretty well.

I couldn't get photos from my phone either, hopefully that will get fixed soon. I'm dealing will all sorts of new stuff as I finally updated to Windows 10... it broke a few things and I'm slowly fixing them.

I hope they add the thanks back too!

Wow that's a long trip to Ikea lol Congrats on your new Helmer & Alexes!

Pretty manis!
Wow much better than $100+! Glad you found one of your most-wanteds!

Great manis! love the Powder Perfect one!

Best of luck for getting them all organized! It will be so nice to be able to find them easier and have them not all in boxes.

I want to make a desk of some sort with two drawer units and a table top at some point, but it's just so far behind other things I need to get... like a kitchen cart. It would be so nice to to free some space on my kitchen counter and not have to keep my slow cooker on my dining table. It's bad enough the sewing machine has taken up permanent residence there lol:rolleyes: but who knows when I'll even get to that!

Thanks, the radiators are now fixed.

Thank you.

You know, the weird thing about IKEA is that it's only 10 miles away! Just the roads are stupidly slow, so it took me an hour to get there and 1.5 hours to get back. Wasn't even rush hour! But I'm very pleased with my Alexes in particular. If I had enough space, I'd get another one, much nicer than the Helmer.

I've been very slowly making my way through my polishes, but it will take days (weeks?) to move them all. But then it'll be great.

So funny though, you know you buy too many polishes when you receive an order you don't even remember placing! Yesterday I received a package from WingDust, I'd totally forgotten I placed an order!

20151128_145934.jpg

My current mani is Liquid Sky Lacquer Mystical Peacock with WingDust Space-Junk in Her Trunk (totally coincidental, this is an old shade):

20151129_103633.jpg
20151129_103701.jpg

Fuzzy

Today's mani!
View attachment 50255

Pretty!

Very nice!

Thank you.

You know, the weird thing about IKEA is that it's only 10 miles away! Just the roads are stupidly slow, so it took me an hour to get there and 1.5 hours to get back. Wasn't even rush hour! But I'm very pleased with my Alexes in particular. If I had enough space, I'd get another one, much nicer than the Helmer.

I've been very slowly making my way through my polishes, but it will take days (weeks?) to move them all. But then it'll be great.

So funny though, you know you buy too many polishes when you receive an order you don't even remember placing! Yesterday I received a package from WingDust, I'd totally forgotten I placed an order!

View attachment 50260

My current mani is Liquid Sky Lacquer Mystical Peacock with WingDust Space-Junk in Her Trunk (totally coincidental, this is an old shade):

View attachment 50261
View attachment 50262

Wow that is bad traffic! My Ikea is about 11.5 km away and I don't think it's ever taken longer than 20 minutes to get there via the highway, but of course that's not during rush hour.

LOL Nice little haul! I've had those 'what was it that I ordered?' moments in the past.

Very pretty mani, a good pairing!

Fuzzy

My mani

Orly - Sparkling Garbage (over OPI Don't Touch My Tutu to help keep the glitter stuck on my nails and helps the green pop too)

006.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

I chose this for a fancy event on Friday and of course it was too dark in there to see the holo glitter! :doh: It's wearing pretty well except for a couple tiny edge chips on the thumbs I got while setting up stuff for a holiday party today. :xmas:

MRV

Uh, I'm not used to this new platform. Where is our upper right hand pic box??? I can't even always see the pics in the posts. I use the same browser (Firefox) at home/work, so maybe it's a PC/Mac thing.

Lovely manis, esp the FF.

Thanks, Anitacska!

Current mani is Takko Cheshire Cat with ILNP Paradox (H).

Cold state

Transition

Warm with flash

Cold with flash

A very pretty mani, love the colours!

Okay, I've worked it out. :sunshine: Will get used to it eventually I'm sure. Let's see if I can upload a photo.

View attachment 50122

Okay, that worked. It's my recent mani (about to come off) with Zoya Dream and Essie On a Silver Platter, plus stars done with vinyls and Color Club Star Light Star Bright. Please ignore the botched up index finger. I ran out of time and vinyls to redo it.

Talking of Color Club, my daughter had to make a colour wheel out of objects for school, so she suggested nail polish and we used all CC polishes.

View attachment 50123

Today's arrivals (the November Paint the Rainbow box):

View attachment 50124

Otherwise, I've been single for 5 days and loving it! Although he's spent a lot of time here packing up his stuff and also kept coming back to eat and watch telly as he had no food in the flat and still hasn't got a telly. But this week is more normal now. Over the weekend we'll sort out the rest of the stuff and then done. And I'm off to IKEA on Wednesday to buy some Helmers and Alexes! :dogdance::cowdance::yay::catdance:

It's flipping cold here though and now one of the living room radiators is broken, it won't switch on. :brrrr: The one in my daughter's bedroom however, will not switch off (they all have thermostats, but it just stays hot). Seriously!

EDIT: Now my pictures are tiny.

Another pretty mani! The combo's great and they make a very festive mani.

That's the only colour wheel we need! Great idea. Bet other kids did not have the same wheel. :D

That's a nice box, the Cupcake and Bear especially.

Great news!

Hope you all get your heating fixed. We had a few colder days, but now it's back to storming and raining, although yesterday I woke up to a miracle: the sun was shining.

Here's my mani
OPI You Calling Me a Lyre? With Nfu Oh NFU 48

View attachment 50126

I chose this for the opening of a new Tiki bar here because I was wearing a really loud dress :gulp:

A pretty, delicate mani. And lucky you - your nails are not stained yellow so you can wear someting like this.

These are gorgeous - I especially like Paris and the FF!

Thanks, PQ!

Argh, so I haven't figured out to post pics from my mobile, I'm in an awful nailpolish slump and while I'm still wearing polish on my nails, the weather has been totally horrid for the last week. Plus, my mobile crashed and I lost a lot of pics. So.

Anyways, anyone know about some good Black Friday indie polish deals? I know that some brands do a sale, but I'm more interested in the re-sellers store ones. I know C4N has one, but I'm not really interested in anything she has (Anitcska, didn't you say that her EdM exclusive is a dupe for Pandore?).

I wanted to give a lot of thanks for all the manis and hauls you all posted, but well, there're no longer there. :stickpoke:

Sorry to hear about your mobile problems. I also should BU my pics. They are just too many.

MRV

Just a quick mani post as I've been so busy. Went to IKEA yesterday which was a 2.5 hour round trip (plus 1.5 hours spent there) and have managed to put the Helmer together, but still have the two Alexes to go. Also needed to go food shopping and do some washing and cleaning today. Argh!

Top mani is EdM Calibrated with ILNP Black Orchid on the accents stamped with Hit the Bottle Psycho Pink. Bottom is Pretty & Polished The Cat is Mad with Maybelline Knitted Gold. That pink is so pretty, but I adore the Maybelline!

View attachment 50209

View attachment 50208

Also, managed to pick this beauty up from someone on FB, got a great deal, although it's not completely full (90%), I only paid £25 plus postage for it, I've seen these go for $100+. The colour's completely off, it's so gorgeous irl.

View attachment 50210

PS. Does anyone know how we add multiple images? I have to keep adding them one by one.

Whoa, that took some time! Our Ikea is about 15km away, and it once took me almost 1,5 hours by bus to go there. Which I hated! Now they have a quicker connection, but I just don't want to get the bus to anywhere. (= If it's not in a walking distance they usually loose my money.)

Pretty manis! Love the BO and that pink mani.

Great catch!

Glam Polish also has the new December collection up at discounted price, I bought that and the new duo. Plus there's a 27% discount on their older shades with the code BFSALE.

Also C4N has 25% off sale with BLACKFRI25. New EdM and Powder Perfect also included. I think I'm done with my Black Friday shopping.

Thanks for reminding! This is the only BF NP offer I splurged on! Four EdMs total! :jawsdown:

I actually didn't get any nailpolish!!!!!! Somehow nothing strikes my fancy - I'd really like Redicalist (NCLA) that only C4N has in stock at the moment, and then some ILNPs, but stupidly C4N doesn't carry ILNP. The Hypnotic Nail offers were atrocious - 10% off! Pfft!!! So I got some Body Shop and L'Occitane stuff and am still whaffling on MAC's Black Friday lipstick and some Paula's Choice items. I shouldn't get np anyways - it'll be a pain to ship it all to China. Sigh...

Congrats! Yeah, I only got those four, and concentrated more on hair and skin cleansing stuff, and a few other things (clothes & accessories).

You'll be so close to NP :cloud9: down there in China! The regional shops and maybe the Aussie companies can also ship there?

Glam Polish Trinity
View attachment 50236

Glam Polish Sinister
View attachment 50237

View attachment 50238

View attachment 50239

View attachment 50242

Pretty manis! The first Glam has a lovely shade and the PP looks so pretty (I got only the pink version).

You have a nice ISO list. Would not mind to get those polishes, but I'm not doing any ISO. Maybe she repromotes!? :bonk:

Good luck with the rearrangement! It takes time if you're updating your list at the same time. I did a NP inventory a while back, it took maybe three days (well, three evenings on a weekend). My Helmers are already full. Sigh.

Today's mani!
View attachment 50255

Nice!

Very nice!

Thank you.

View attachment 50260

View attachment 50261
View attachment 50262

You got an early xmas! Lovely mani (the SL especially).

My mani

Orly - Sparkling Garbage (over OPI Don't Touch My Tutu to help keep the glitter stuck on my nails and helps the green pop too)

View attachment 50265

View attachment 50266

View attachment 50267

I chose this for a fancy event on Friday and of course it was too dark in there to see the holo glitter! :doh: It's wearing pretty well except for a couple tiny edge chips on the thumbs I got while setting up stuff for a holiday party today. :xmas:

You can't never go wrong with SG, it looks really nice, kind of translucent.

MRV

Oh, looks like I did not get to post last week at all. First one is Enchanted Beautiful Rule Breaking Moth with FF Haunting Spectre

View attachment 50272

EdM Future Royals?

View attachment 50271

Cadillacquer The End Begins

View attachment 50273

And EdM Enchanted Isle. IRL this is a very bright green actually, leans a bit on the blue side. I don't know when this came out, it was lingering at C4N for a longer time. The holo is awesome!

EdM Enchanted Isle.JPG

Anitacska

Pretty!

Wow that is bad traffic! My Ikea is about 11.5 km away and I don't think it's ever taken longer than 20 minutes to get there via the highway, but of course that's not during rush hour.

LOL Nice little haul! I've had those 'what was it that I ordered?' moments in the past.

Very pretty mani, a good pairing!

Thanks Fuzzy!

Yeah, the traffic around London is always bad. Too many people, too many cars, not enough roads.

My mani

View attachment 50265

View attachment 50266

View attachment 50267

Love Sparkling Garbage. Haven't worn mine in a very long time.

Uh, I'm not used to this new platform. Where is our upper right hand pic box??? I can't even always see the pics in the posts. I use the same browser (Firefox) at home/work, so maybe it's a PC/Mac thing.

Thanks, Anitacska!

A very pretty mani, love the colours!

Another pretty mani! The combo's great and they make a very festive mani.

That's the only colour wheel we need! Great idea. Bet other kids did not have the same wheel. :D

That's a nice box, the Cupcake and Bear especially.

Great news!

Hope you all get your heating fixed. We had a few colder days, but now it's back to storming and raining, although yesterday I woke up to a miracle: the sun was shining.

A pretty, delicate mani. And lucky you - your nails are not stained yellow so you can wear someting like this.

Thanks, PQ!

Sorry to hear about your mobile problems. I also should BU my pics. They are just too many.

Thank you!

Whoa, that took some time! Our Ikea is about 15km away, and it once took me almost 1,5 hours by bus to go there. Which I hated! Now they have a quicker connection, but I just don't want to get the bus to anywhere. (= If it's not in a walking distance they usually loose my money.)

Pretty manis! Love the BO and that pink mani.

Great catch!

Thanks for reminding! This is the only BF NP offer I splurged on! Four EdMs total! :jawsdown:

Congrats! Yeah, I only got those four, and concentrated more on hair and skin cleansing stuff, and a few other things (clothes & accessories).

You'll be so close to NP :cloud9: down there in China! The regional shops and maybe the Aussie companies can also ship there?

Pretty manis! The first Glam has a lovely shade and the PP looks so pretty (I got only the pink version).

You have a nice ISO list. Would not mind to get those polishes, but I'm not doing any ISO. Maybe she repromotes!? :bonk:

Good luck with the rearrangement! It takes time if you're updating your list at the same time. I did a NP inventory a while back, it took maybe three days (well, three evenings on a weekend). My Helmers are already full. Sigh.

Nice!

You got an early xmas! Lovely mani (the SL especially).

You can't never go wrong with SG, it looks really nice, kind of translucent.

Thank you!

Yeah, those are the two colours I would pay a bit more for, but not the $100+ people are asking for them. Eh.

Oh, looks like I did not get to post last week at all. First one is Enchanted Beautiful Rule Breaking Moth with FF Haunting Spectre

View attachment 50272

EdM Future Royals?

View attachment 50271

View attachment 50273

And EdM Enchanted Isle. IRL this is a very bright green actually, leans a bit on the blue side. I don't know when this came out, it was lingering at C4N for a longer time. The holo is awesome!

View attachment 50274

These are all really nice, but especially the EdMs.

I've been so busy lately and I'm so tired. Still in the process of rearranging my stash, I'm not even halfway. I knew it would take long, but ugh, this is worse than I thought. I also don't think everything will fit in the 2 Alexes and the Helmer. I've already filled 3 drawers in the rainbow tower with make up and that's just a fraction as well. I think I have a problem, lol.

Anyway, current mani is Dance Legend The Knight with Indigo Bananas A Greener World (holo). Sadly I had to trim my middle finger nail after I took the pictures, you can already see the break on the left. Tomorrow when I change my mani I will trim down the others too. *sigh*

20151202_100922.jpg
20151202_100937.jpg
20151202_101033.jpg

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Very nice!

Thank you.

View attachment 50260

View attachment 50261
View attachment 50262

A nice surprise!
I always Love Mystical Peacock - but I adore the Wingdust on top! Wish I'd bought that one, I love it!

PearlyQueen

My mani

View attachment 50265

View attachment 50266

View attachment 50267

A lovely combo, I'm vaguely jealous I don't have SG!

PearlyQueen

View attachment 50272

EdM Future Royals?

View attachment 50271

View attachment 50273

View attachment 50274

Four stunning looks! I always have a soft spot for EdM, and these look fantastic.

PearlyQueen

Thanks Fuzzy!

Yeah, the traffic around London is always bad. Too many people, too many cars, not enough roads.

Love Sparkling Garbage. Haven't worn mine in a very long time.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Yeah, those are the two colours I would pay a bit more for, but not the $100+ people are asking for them. Eh.

These are all really nice, but especially the EdMs.

I've been so busy lately and I'm so tired. Still in the process of rearranging my stash, I'm not even halfway. I knew it would take long, but ugh, this is worse than I thought. I also don't think everything will fit in the 2 Alexes and the Helmer. I've already filled 3 drawers in the rainbow tower with make up and that's just a fraction as well. I think I have a problem, lol.

Anyway, current mani is Dance Legend The Knight with Indigo Bananas A Greener World (holo). Sadly I had to trim my middle finger nail after I took the pictures, you can already see the break on the left. Tomorrow when I change my mani I will trim down the others too. *sigh*

View attachment 50347
View attachment 50348
View attachment 50349

I did my stash recently (computerised, rather than helmer-ised!) and it took soooo much longer than I expected - but it's great to know where everything is!
Love your mani too!

Latest posts