Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I have not seen my EPs yet. They were shipped on the 13th already. Although I heard yesterday that my boss has been hiding my packages (I order to work)! I have to check if I can find it.

Oh, and the woman did not even bother to answer me! I have to check mine out and write again as I have two of them, and I always welcome a refund!

Edited! Hope they are visible now.

Yup, my skin is sometimes very problematic. And it's difficulf now that I try to arrange things at home and have to wash hands often. I have actually used a P&J hand cream. It's very thick and in a jar, but I have not had it this winter - it's not always available.

Hey, it's the snow season. The non-snow season begins in April - maybe. :hehe:
View attachment 51973
Frosty Panther salmiakki! :yumyum::yumyum::yumyum:

Oh no, that's not good! Have you checked you're tracking to see if it's been delivered? That's not a nice boss you have there. :(

Yeah, definitely write to her! I checked my Blue Shift and it's fine, but Whatever 2.0 is just pink now.

Yes, they are visible and very pretty! Love the first one especially.

Luckily here snow season is usually in January. Except maybe at Easter, lol. Or it's 30 degrees at Easter. Both have happened since I moved here.

Thank you Anita! Much appreciated! Moving starts in the middle of February, and will continue until end of the month. Our flights will be at the beginning of March. This weekend the hubby and I have a little getaway (actually my Christmas present!) and will enjoy some time together, because that has been woefully short, but I guess internet will be limited.

I saw the second one and it reminded me of another polish, but I can't put my finger on it!

You're welcome.

Where are you going this weekend?

I don't think the EPs will be released this weekend, my money is on next weekend. The blue one reminds me of Dark Fantasy, but with a green sheen. It's pretty, I like that one.

Edit: Someone on one of the FB groups said it looks like a cross between DF and Engineered to Destroy. I don't have ETD, so no idea.

Last edited:

Anitacska

And here it is, the Femme Fatale COTM based on my picture:

FF Dust of Nibiru.png

It's called Dust of Nibiru. :)

A couple of packages came today, first one is from C4N, all the Cupcakes, lol.

20160204_115902.jpg 20160204_115916.jpg

I also got some Duri Rejuvacote, want to see if it works.

These polishes are from Rainbow Connection:

20160204_125050.jpg 20160204_125102.jpg

These are all stamping polishes. I'd heard good things about Color Alike, so wanted to try the multichrome stamping polishes, and the white was needed for the cheap shipping rate. Plus I am very low on white stamping polish anyway.

Current mani is Color Club Under the Blacklight with nail vinyls and Glam Polish Princess Parking Only. I wanted to do a watermarble for the accents with 3 of these neon Color Clubs, but they just didn't spread properly and the result was just a big gloopy mess, so I gave up. This is properly neon, but my camera didn't want to know, so I had to adjust the photo a bit, my fingers are not this yellow irl.

20160204_134238e.jpg

Have you seen the darker pink EP? That's pretty too.

Anneri

I have not seen my EPs yet. They were shipped on the 13th already. Although I heard yesterday that my boss has been hiding my packages (I order to work)! I have to check if I can find it.

Oh, and the woman did not even bother to answer me! I have to check mine out and write again as I have two of them, and I always welcome a refund!

Yup, my skin is sometimes very problematic. And it's difficulf now that I try to arrange things at home and have to wash hands often. I have actually used a P&J hand cream. It's very thick and in a jar, but I have not had it this winter - it's not always available.

View attachment 51973

That's not a nice boss you're having! :cop:

And now I want Salmiakki... :popc1:

Hope your skin gets better soon. When I was in Shanghai in January my skin was so dry it started peeling everywhere! Not a very attractive look... My fave handcream for dry hands is by Aveda. Maybe you could look into it? It's quite pricey, but honestly the best I've ever used!

Oh no, that's not good! Have you checked you're tracking to see if it's been delivered? That's not a nice boss you have there. :(

Yeah, definitely write to her! I checked my Blue Shift and it's fine, but Whatever 2.0 is just pink now.

Yes, they are visible and very pretty! Love the first one especially.

Luckily here snow season is usually in January. Except maybe at Easter, lol. Or it's 30 degrees at Easter. Both have happened since I moved here.

You're welcome.

Where are you going this weekend?

I don't think the EPs will be released this weekend, my money is on next weekend. The blue one reminds me of Dark Fantasy, but with a green sheen. It's pretty, I like that one.

Edit: Someone on one of the FB groups said it looks like a cross between DF and Engineered to Destroy. I don't have ETD, so no idea.

Dark Fantasy! Yes, of course! ETD doesn't ring a bell - must've been before I was interested in EP!
We're actually going to be quite near to you! ;)

View attachment 51985

View attachment 51986 View attachment 51987

View attachment 51988 View attachment 51989

These are all stamping polishes. I'd heard good things about Color Alike, so wanted to try the multichrome stamping polishes, and the white was needed for the cheap shipping rate. Plus I am very low on white stamping polish anyway.

Current mani is Color Club Under the Blacklight with nail vinyls and Glam Polish Princess Parking Only. I wanted to do a watermarble for the accents with 3 of these neon Color Clubs, but they just didn't spread properly and the result was just a big gloopy mess, so I gave up. This is properly neon, but my camera didn't want to know, so I had to adjust the photo a bit, my fingers are not this yellow irl.

View attachment 51991

That's a beautiful FF polish!

You're going to love Colour Alike. I've got a few and they're very very good for their price point.
I like your design, especially with the rose vinyls! Super pretty!

The pink is too pink for me... Really curious to see the other three!

PearlyQueen

No date yet. The last collection release (I think you mean the trio) was very hush hush, no preview until the e-mail came out. I think we'll see swatches, or at least more bottle shots. No date yet. Hopefully you'll be able to get them.

Very pretty manis!

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling great, and also about your poor neglected cuticles. Also sorry to hear about your continuing radiator issues.

Thank you!

Current mani is Color Club Crystal Baller with Models Own Juicy Jules over Ciate Snow Virgin.

View attachment 51848 View attachment 51849
This is such a pretty mani - I love it! I've been so tempted by the new CC holos, but my previous experience with the old ones has put me off. So far I've resisted, but that is gorgeous!

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Ugh, so mad at Stackry right now! I was told by someone on Facebook that you can also ship nail polish by DHL. I asked Stackry and yes, you can. Only they never bothered to let people know. So I'd been spending a fortune shipping with FedEx when DHL was also an option and a lot cheaper! Argh!

OMG, that's such a combination of good and bad news!
I'll find it useful for next time though - but how much has it cost until now..?

PearlyQueen

Multithanks Fuzzy!

Nothing wrong with Hello Kitty socks and toys. I used to have a T-shirt too, but it's now about 3 sizes too small, oops. I have recently bought a Minions jumper though. I'm not ashamed to like kids' stuff.

My Femme Fatale haul came yesterday, I actually totally forgot about ordering the Cirque polish, but it's very pretty. The FF Valentine trio is lovely too.

View attachment 51884

Current mani is Mavala Black Diamond (2011 untried) with EP February 2015 and Claire's #Fireball topper. I actually nicked the idea from MRV. I needed a red holo to go with this mani and then I saw her IG photo and thought, yes, February 2015 it is! :)

View attachment 51885

There are some very pretty things in that haul!
Nice mani too!

PearlyQueen

Thank you, Anneri! I'm also trying to get rid of stuff (after all the renovations I'm rearranging the whole house) - today I at least gave a nice MU sample to a cooworker and tonight I'm going through my shoes!

Hope so! I'd love to go to Hawaii - and Japan, too.

I was interested in the Valentine flakey/glitter, but only managed to order a few Glams from her site - and now she's on holiday.

Thanks, PQ!

Oh, maybe/hopefully I can get a few at least. The Glam on the right hand does look nice. That's a vampy thermo! I think your nails look rather long and long enough for a thermo.

Might be this weekend?

Nice, intense blue and love that holo!

Thanks, Fuzzy! Isadora is becoming a world traveller - earlier she was already in London and she always gets noticed! :D

Hope you get things arranged. Yes, old and mechanical is the best.

Oh, I know the skin issues. This winter (we now have "more" winter than a year ago) is the worst for skin! I use both oil and cream for the body (itchy!!) and today I received a lifesaver for my hands - hand oil :heart: - they are so bad now that they crack open by themselves.

Nice! Reminds me of Sparkling Garbage.

Lovely mani! Now you only need some snow to go with it.

Thanks again, Fuzzy! Yeah, the weather is so wonky. We beet some record all the time.

Doh! Good to hear you got a cheaper option.

Oh, love the FF trio. Glad I was of help! Your mani makes me think of salmiakki - hey, it is salmiakki colours!
Thanks!
Maybe I don't need Sparkling Garbage after all!

PearlyQueen

Have you all seen the first pic of the new Enchanteds on IG? I totally love it and fervently hope that it'll be a preorder that runs a few hours!

I also have a question: You know the Mighty Red Baron by CBL, right? I'm looking for a blue version of that. Any ideas?

Loving all the new hauls and manis! It's starting to get a bit frantic over here, and I'm happy if I manage to do my nails from time to time!!!

I really like a couple of them from the Swatches (the first one is not for me, and I'm torn on the pale pink).
I am like everyone and hoping for a pre-order!

PearlyQueen

View attachment 51973
I don't trust my new workplace for deliveries (too big!) so everything is going to the house now - and straight to hubby. Apparently I'm told I have too much polish now! I'd be fuming if someone hid my Enchanteds at work! (or home...!) Hope you find them.

PearlyQueen

Thank you Anita! Much appreciated! Moving starts in the middle of February, and will continue until end of the month. Our flights will be at the beginning of March. This weekend the hubby and I have a little getaway (actually my Christmas present!) and will enjoy some time together, because that has been woefully short, but I guess internet will be limited.

I saw the second one and it reminded me of another polish, but I can't put my finger on it!

Time Travel reminds me of the original version of CbL Bad (which I have but obviously haven't worn! - That won't stop me though!).

PearlyQueen

View attachment 51985

View attachment 51991

Oh what a pretty polish! It does remind me of one or two I already have, but if it's easy to get it I definitely will!
A beauty that lives up to your pic!
Love your haul too - I have recently bought some of the Cupcakes, but I doubt I'll see them for a while!

Fuzzy

Latest manis: Dior 804 Perfecto

View attachment 51734

and Glam Ice Palace (accent over CC Berry Good Looking). Unfortunately our winter has turned into a pool of wet and messy snow, ice and rain :(

View attachment 51735

A very elegant mani and a super sparkly one, nice!

Thanks. It wasn't the Lorena that gave me trouble, it was the Kiko. Perfectly nice polish and very pretty colour, but just would not photograph well.

I think FF is putting out a new collection in Feb, but it won't be until the 8th. I'm really excited about the COTM because she chose my inspiration picture for it. It was this picture:

View attachment 51736

Edit:You're right, no new collections in February. Now I have to figure out how to buy the COTM. Hope stockists get it.

First mani is so elegant, and what a great combo for the second one. Would never have thought about layering IP over BGL, but it works.

Nice inspiration pic, I'm sure that will be a pretty polish!

Current mani is Glam Polish Deceptive Practice and the brown polish is from the Andrea Fulerton duo Petrol in the Water (2011 untried). It comes with a blue to pink duochrome topcoat, but decided not to use that. Instead popped some stamping on using my trusty YSL Yellow Gold polish. I'm very pleased with this mani if I may say so myself. :)

View attachment 51738 View attachment 51739

Beautiful!

New Enchanted Polishes coming soon (no date yet). Hope it's a pre-order, I'm tired of fighting for her polishes.

View attachment 51802

Glam Polish duo from Mei Mei:

View attachment 51803

I can see these may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the mauve colour is especially very pretty. It has gold microflakies as well. The peach one has silver ones I think.

My current mani, Dance Legend Termo Shine 182. It's mostly a dark purple on me because I'm cold, but it changes to a nice fuchsia in warm water.

View attachment 51804 View attachment 51805

I wanted to wait until all my nails are nice and long before I use this, but that's never going to happen. The nails on my right hand are all quite short actually, so when I take this off, I'll be trimming my nails on my left hand down.

Great mani! I love those DL Termos... I should bust out the black/clear one again.

Finally got time to upload pics!
My last two manis:
View attachment 51835
Powder Perfect Shadowhunter

View attachment 51836
Chaos and Crocodiles Security Breach

Pretty manis, that's a great glowy blue!

New mani - Glam Polish Polar Lights:
View attachment 51847

Another pretty one! and I agree it looks a lot like Sparkling Garbage

I'm almost caught up! lol

Fuzzy

No date yet. The last collection release (I think you mean the trio) was very hush hush, no preview until the e-mail came out. I think we'll see swatches, or at least more bottle shots. No date yet. Hopefully you'll be able to get them.

Very pretty manis!

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling great, and also about your poor neglected cuticles. Also sorry to hear about your continuing radiator issues.

Thank you!

Current mani is Color Club Crystal Baller with Models Own Juicy Jules over Ciate Snow Virgin.

View attachment 51848 View attachment 51849

Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better.

Pretty mani!

Ugh, so mad at Stackry right now! I was told by someone on Facebook that you can also ship nail polish by DHL. I asked Stackry and yes, you can. Only they never bothered to let people know. So I'd been spending a fortune shipping with FedEx when DHL was also an option and a lot cheaper! Argh!

ACK! That's not cool of them.

Multithanks Fuzzy!

Nothing wrong with Hello Kitty socks and toys. I used to have a T-shirt too, but it's now about 3 sizes too small, oops. I have recently bought a Minions jumper though. I'm not ashamed to like kids' stuff.

My Femme Fatale haul came yesterday, I actually totally forgot about ordering the Cirque polish, but it's very pretty. The FF Valentine trio is lovely too.

View attachment 51884

Current mani is Mavala Black Diamond (2011 untried) with EP February 2015 and Claire's #Fireball topper. I actually nicked the idea from MRV. I needed a red holo to go with this mani and then I saw her IG photo and thought, yes, February 2015 it is! :)

View attachment 51885

I used to have a hello kitty t-shirt(dressed as a glitter red devil! :devil: )... I gave it away- too small lol I think I still have some other items but who knows if they fit either!

Great haul!

PRetty mani, black and red is always a winning pair!

Thank you, Anneri! I'm also trying to get rid of stuff (after all the renovations I'm rearranging the whole house) - today I at least gave a nice MU sample to a cooworker and tonight I'm going through my shoes!

Hope so! I'd love to go to Hawaii - and Japan, too.

I was interested in the Valentine flakey/glitter, but only managed to order a few Glams from her site - and now she's on holiday.

Thanks, PQ!

Oh, maybe/hopefully I can get a few at least. The Glam on the right hand does look nice. That's a vampy thermo! I think your nails look rather long and long enough for a thermo.

Might be this weekend?

Nice, intense blue and love that holo!

Thanks, Fuzzy! Isadora is becoming a world traveller - earlier she was already in London and she always gets noticed! :D

Hope you get things arranged. Yes, old and mechanical is the best.

Oh, I know the skin issues. This winter (we now have "more" winter than a year ago) is the worst for skin! I use both oil and cream for the body (itchy!!) and today I received a lifesaver for my hands - hand oil :heart: - they are so bad now that they crack open by themselves.

Nice! Reminds me of Sparkling Garbage.

Lovely mani! Now you only need some snow to go with it.

Thanks again, Fuzzy! Yeah, the weather is so wonky. We beet some record all the time.

Doh! Good to hear you got a cheaper option.

Oh, love the FF trio. Glad I was of help! Your mani makes me think of salmiakki - hey, it is salmiakki colours!

My cuticles are crazy if I leave them alone, it's like they grab onto my nails and grow down them. ugh! I got them fixed up though. The hand cream I use isn't available outside of Canada, so that's not helpful to recommend lol

Latest manis:
View attachment 51969 Elevation Vinson
View attachment 51970 Enchanted Feb 2015
View attachment 51971 YSL #42 #44 #61 #62 with OPI My Pal Joey. I've been wanting to wear my lovely YSLs!

Great manis!

Have you all seen the first pic of the new Enchanteds on IG? I totally love it and fervently hope that it'll be a preorder that runs a few hours!

I also have a question: You know the Mighty Red Baron by CBL, right? I'm looking for a blue version of that. Any ideas?

Loving all the new hauls and manis! It's starting to get a bit frantic over here, and I'm happy if I manage to do my nails from time to time!!!

Moving across the city was crazy for me, moving across the planet... Don't get too stressed out! I don't think there's a hug smiley anymore so here's a dancing cat!
:catdance:

View attachment 51985

View attachment 51991

The FF is pretty!

Great haul!

Nice bright mani! sorry the watermarble didn't go so well....

View attachment 51973

That's not very nice of the boss :mad:

I actually painted my nails- pics coming up soon...

Anitacska

Damn, just seen this :(
I thought she was over these stupid unannounced restocks. Guess I won't be getting these after all.

She only announced it on IG. :( Very stupid. An e-mail would've been nice at least. She did say she will restock them all again in about 2 weeks' time though. So hopefully you'll be able to get them.

I managed to get all, but Tulle (including the mystery one, even though I said I wasn't going to buy any more mysteries *sigh*). I was refreshing for Tulle for 20 minutes, but it sold out before I could get it. Although it was my least favourite, so I'm not too fussed.

Maybe we could have a list of everyone's mobile numbers, so we can text each other if there's an EP restock. I did text Anneri, because I met her last year and I have her number. Would be happy to do it for others too.

Anitacska

Small haul from Ever After:

20160207_110043.jpg

Current mani is 2 Lilypad Lacquers, Serenity with Fantasy on the accents and stamped with Serenity.

20160206_192503.jpg 20160207_105915.jpg

Please ignore the chipping on my little finger. I did this mani on Friday night, but only got around to stamping last night and the last photo is from this morning.

PearlyQueen

She only announced it on IG. :( Very stupid. An e-mail would've been nice at least. She did say she will restock them all again in about 2 weeks' time though. So hopefully you'll be able to get them.

I managed to get all, but Tulle (including the mystery one, even though I said I wasn't going to buy any more mysteries *sigh*). I was refreshing for Tulle for 20 minutes, but it sold out before I could get it. Although it was my least favourite, so I'm not too fussed.

Maybe we could have a list of everyone's mobile numbers, so we can text each other if there's an EP restock. I did text Anneri, because I met her last year and I have her number. Would be happy to do it for others too.
Congrats on getting them! I'm sooo jealous!!! I will PM you my number, you can do the same back though I don't usually hear anything, except occasionally about Pshiiit/Meimei, I think you're the one with your finger on the EP pulse! But I'd be massively grateful for a heads up on the restock if you hear about it!

PearlyQueen

Small haul from Ever After:

View attachment 52055

Current mani is 2 Lilypad Lacquers, Serenity with Fantasy on the accents and stamped with Serenity.

View attachment 52056 View attachment 52057

Please ignore the chipping on my little finger. I did this mani on Friday night, but only got around to stamping last night and the last photo is from this morning.

I love those first two Ever Afters - it's not a brand I know at all, but they look stunning.
And your mani is gorgeous, pretty stamping and two lovely colours!

Latest posts