All I Want for Christmahanakwanzaa 2012 Is...

presstoblend

I've been natural for 12 years now, I think. Lol, long before it became a journey or movement. It wasn't anything groundbreaking. Relaxers were just damaging my hair at the time and I got tired and frustrated with the whole process, so I just stopped getting them. I guess I unknowingly transitioned. There was no info back then like there is now. I love YouTube. Even though I've been natural for years, I didn't really know what I was doing with my hair until only a couple of years ago. Ironically, I kept my daughter's hair natural since birth.
I thought about getting the Huetiful Hair Steamer, but I honestly think it will end up as a gadget I won't really use. I'm also very lazy with my hair. I don't like a bunch of extra steps or a fussy process. I've had my eye on this super fast hair dryer for quite some time now. It's costs a lot more than the steamer, but it's more multipurpose. I want it for when I roller set/twist/style my hair, and I will also use it for deep conditioning.
CartoonChic I totally get where you're coming from. I never transitioned. I went to the barbershop and told the barber that I wanted to go natural and starting cutting my hair. He bust out laughing and said "You're already natural 'cause there ain't no perm in your hair!!!" Alrighty then...he chopped it off and I've been good to go ever since. Besides, I'd rather spend more time on my face! I'm like you, I don't really have a bunch of steps, it's usually water, oil and out the door. I'll check out the super fast hair dryer but girl I really want that steamer!
yes.gif

presstoblend

Nope I haven't, is it any good?
smiles.gif
If it is, I'll be happy to give it a try...
The jury is still out on it. I've been using it for a week on dry hair. I haven't tried it as an after or pre-poo treatment which I'll probably do this weekend. For the most part it does hydrate there's just something about the feel of it that I can't wrap my brain around yet. I was planning on blogging a review next week so I'll keep ypu posted!

presstoblend

I've developed my own oil concoction for hair and skin. I've recently added Moroccan oil to the mix. I like my oils to be as 100% pure and unrefined as possible. I've tried Zinn Moroccan Argan Oil that I picked up from Ulta. I'm also going to try another brand of Moroccan oil to compare and see which one I like best. I can't remember the other one at the moment. I do like the Zinn one so far.
I've tried One 'n Only products and the're pretty good. I've never tried Zinn.

presstoblend

I got the Lush Holiday catalog in the mail a few days ago and I had to laugh. I've been poring over it and circling like crazy the things that I want. It reminds me of when I was a little kid with the Toys R' Us big toy catalog!! Sad...

CartoonChic

I got the Lush Holiday catalog in the mail a few days ago and I had to laugh. I've been poring over it and circling like crazy the things that I want. It reminds me of when I was a little kid with the Toys R' Us big toy catalog!! Sad...
LOL! You brought back some major memories with that one! I always, always, always would circle the Barbie Dream House every single year when I was a kid. Never got it though. I ended up getting it for my daughter.

Fiberluver

Circling like a mad woman!

She's been talking my ear off about the Lush catalog.

PUT IT DOWN AND GET TO WERK!!!

CartoonChic

OK, I think I have my list.

• Hakuhodo Vermilion Brushes

• MAC gift card - to haul from Taste Temptations and Strength collections
  • MAC Brushes 138, 168 and 134 (in that order, lol)
  • Chanel eye shadow quads - Lilium and Prelude
  • Chanel polishes - Mimosa, Frenzy, Frisson, Paradoxal and Nouvelle Vague (still holding out hope)
  • An eggplant/deep purple leather bag
  • Anthropologie dress and necklace
  • Jeffrey Campbell boots
  • Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri Dryer
  • A wad of cash to buy all of this stuff!

presstoblend

LOL! You brought back some major memories with that one! I always, always, always would circle the Barbie Dream House every single year when I was a kid. Never got it though. I ended up getting it for my daughter.

ahhhh...the beloved Barbie Dream House. We got one and our brother used it for GI Joe platoon headquarters!

presstoblend

OK, I think I have my list.

• Hakuhodo Vermilion Brushes

• MAC gift card - to haul from Taste Temptations and Strength collections
  • MAC Brushes 138, 168 and 134 (in that order, lol)
  • Chanel eye shadow quads - Lilium and Prelude
  • Chanel polishes - Mimosa, Frenzy, Frisson, Paradoxal and Nouvelle Vague (still holding out hope)
  • An eggplant/deep purple leather bag
  • Anthropologie dress and necklace
  • Jeffrey Campbell boots
  • Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri Dryer
  • A wad of cash to buy all of this stuff!
I love Chanel polishes. I could kick myself for not getting last years hot buy, Peridot. It was gorgeous but sold out everywhere that I went to purchase. I found a Maybelline dupe but it being Maybelline doesn't have the staying power like Chanel. I love Chanel color but not their skincare. Leaves a little to be desired. Girl you should ask for an AMEX gift card because this is some list! I love it !

MissTT

Ha ha, presstoblend, I didn't have any Kens so GI Joe and Mr. T would often be kicking down the door to my Barbie house.

CartoonChic, which Anthro dress do you want? I shop there weekly and can watch for sales for you.

CartoonChic

I love Chanel polishes. I could kick myself for not getting last years hot buy, Peridot. It was gorgeous but sold out everywhere that I went to purchase. I found a Maybelline dupe but it being Maybelline doesn't have the staying power like Chanel. I love Chanel color but not their skincare. Leaves a little to be desired. Girl you should ask for an AMEX gift card because this is some list! I love it !
Lol, you're right. A gift card would be better. Plus you're in luck if you still want Peridot. They must've relaunched the color or something because you can get it at Chanel.com and other department stores. I got mine from Nordstrom. It's gorgeous!

CartoonChic

Ha ha, presstoblend, I didn't have any Kens so GI Joe and Mr. T would often be kicking down the door to my Barbie house.

CartoonChic, which Anthro dress do you want? I shop there weekly and can watch for sales for you.
This one! I've been waiting for it to go on sale. There's another dress I like, but I missed the sale and it already sold out.

CartoonChic

I've never heard of this line before. Can you tell me a little about the brushes?
th_drool.gif
eyelove.gif
http://www.hakuhodousa.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_3

From what I understand, this is the company that used to make MAC brushes and other brands brushes as well. Their brushes are supposed to be beyond soft. They have other great quality brushes, but the S100 Series Vermilion brushes are their top of the line. The ferrules are 24-karat gold plated brass and the brush hair is hand cut. I also read somewhere that the company founder originally made this line of brushes for his wife. I thought that was a very sweet story. You can find videos about them on YouTube.

They also have two sets you can get.
5 Brush Set: http://www.hakuhodousa.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9&products_id=241
8 Brush Set: http://www.hakuhodousa.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9&products_id=242

Prettypackages

I've been natural for 12 years now, I think. Lol, long before it became a journey or movement. It wasn't anything groundbreaking. Relaxers were just damaging my hair at the time and I got tired and frustrated with the whole process, so I just stopped getting them. I guess I unknowingly transitioned. There was no info back then like there is now. I love YouTube. Even though I've been natural for years, I didn't really know what I was doing with my hair until only a couple of years ago. Ironically, I kept my daughter's hair natural since birth.
I thought about getting the Huetiful Hair Steamer, but I honestly think it will end up as a gadget I won't really use. I'm also very lazy with my hair. I don't like a bunch of extra steps or a fussy process. I've had my eye on this super fast hair dryer for quite some time now. It's costs a lot more than the steamer, but it's more multipurpose. I want it for when I roller set/twist/style my hair, and I will also use it for deep conditioning.
Same here, I've been natural since 96. I transitioned too, but kinda wish I did hte big chop. I refuse to cut my hair now. I have a big head. LOL When I started we had naturallycurly, blackhairclub (?), and then napturality was created. But like you said, it wasn't a "movement". I tried to convert sooo many ppl back then, it is funny for me to watch them convert now, and they LOVE it.

MissTT

This one! I've been waiting for it to go on sale. There's another dress I like, but I missed the sale and it already sold out.
Let me know what size you need in dress #2 via PM and I'll see if I can locate it for you. It was popular when it got marked down though so it may be a challenge. Are you familiar with chasing down Anthro sale items? LOL. I do it pretty much every week. They do inventory every Sunday so Monday will give us a good chance to get it. I was in love with dress #1 when it came out, but you should read the reviews. The fabric is thin to the point where it's a bit see-through and pills. I believe the pattern placement isn't the same as the photograph. That said if I saw it on 2nd cut I'd probably go for it. I've also seen it on eBay cheaper so you may want to go that route.

I was natural for 3-5 years (can't recall), but I didn't do a chop. I just wore wigs the whole time. When I finally got a relaxer again my hair was bra strap length and beautiful. I wish it was like that now. I ended up having my hair fall out up to my ears in some places due to a medication and relaxer interaction so then I finally did a chop. Now my hair is shoulder length, healthy, thicker and relaxed.

Ok, back to topic. I know my family would never buy me the wallet I wanted above. So sad. I would LOVE to have my car detailed. It's filthy lol.

kimbunney

1. iMAC desktop!
2. Sephora or MAC giftcard
3. A new car would be nice considering my baby is old!

That's really it because everything else I want I can get for myself like I'm treating myself to an new iPad and camera for Christmas. I'll probably get the giftcards but I doubt anything else lol. I was telling my dad about a macbook and he was I guess thats what you want for Christmas huh, but I don't know if he'll get it for sure. It would be lovely to have a new car but I must be dreaming if I think I'm getting another car! A girl can dream.

bobbiedoll03

hmmm...

~Clarisonic
~Michael Kors gunmetal grey handbag
~New Cell phone
~MAC/Sephora gift card
~comfy sleepers
~Eloquii gift card

Latest posts