NARS Summer 2013

Hi
Don't you think the single eye shadow " Euphrate" looks like the left side of "Habanera"
heart2.gif
eyeshadow duo ( from Nars)
hmm.gif
?

Aquamarine1543

Hi
Don't you think the single eye shadow " Euphrate" looks like the left side of "Habanera"
heart2.gif
hmm.gif
?

No, I think they're quite different.
I have Habanera and the left side of Habanera is a velvety finish and almost minty (I can only see just a hint of silver), but I believe Euphrate is a frost finish and silver with a hint of mint.

I want to compare it with Bombshell rather than Habanera b/c Bombshell is based on a silvery shade.
Bombshell is in the middle of frost and velvety finish and silver with a hint of beige rather than mint!

MarieMary

Hi
heart2.gif
hmm.gif
?
Hi! Nice to see you here, ma belle! :)

Euphrate is described as frosted mint steel, and Habanera as mint frost. Just give me a minute, I'll post you a side by side comparison. :)

Edit: Here it is, using official promotional pictures.

MarieMary

Quote: Originally Posted by jungleBarbie
Mariiiie, ma jolie, thanks for taking your time doing that comparison
cheerleader.gif

You're welcome. :)

Here is another picture of the collection.

Source: http://instagram.com/p/XW92iIrGHJ/

MissTT

This eye shadow duo is strange to me. I gave my daughter NARS Bysance and that wasn't so long ago. I'm surprised they've paired purple and yellow again.

MarieMary

Maybe Byzance was a limited edition? It's unavailable on NARS websites.
It's true that some duos are similar.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I think it was discontinued in 2011 which doesn't seem all that long ago to me. LOL
It wasn't that long ago, but in the meantime, I guess, they've had requests for those colours and had the chance to reformulate them from the sort of rich, antique shades of Byzance to the pop colours that are coming this year.

Aquamarine1543

I'm more excited about this collection (and Pierre Hardy collaboration) than spring one.
I think it's because of the lilac l/p and pinky rose l/s. I can't wait!!!
pompom.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm more excited about this collection (and Pierre Hardy collaboration) than spring one.
I think it's because of the lilac l/p and pinky rose l/s. I can't wait!!!
pompom.gif
I feel like my excitement for the Spring collection got blindsided by my excitement for everything else that Nars has released in the last few months. I finally had to decide to just wait on the colours (I'm still thinking about the shadow duos and Dressed to Kill lipstick), because I actually had more immediate use for the other products. With this collection, I feel like I can really get into the colours. The single shadow is coming home with me for certain and possibly the duo (if I don't have dupes for the shades, which is a possibility, especially for the purple.) The lipstick looks like it could be dupe-able but it also looks like the sort of shade that could be very flattering for my colouring.

Aquamarine1543

Here's a clip:

Btw, I think using the matte lip pencil with other lip products is better than using it alone b/c it has shimmer just as Jenny Smith said in the clip and looks quite pale because of shimmer.
Honestly, it has too much shimmer than I expected. :(

Latest posts