Recommend Alternatives for these Brushes

Hello everyone,

I would like to know you opinion about brush "dupes" out there for the following. I know there are many brushes that look similar but their construction and effects are different, hence they aren't true dupes.

If I have forgotten to mention a dupe, please make your recommendations, as I do not know ever single brand out there :). I have heard of Sonia Kashuk and Bdellium, do you like them?

Also, for validity, please state WHY a brush didn't duplicate another, etc. I use MAC as reference because they are popular. Dont be afraid to give higher/same price alternatives IF their quality/value is SUPERIOR to the MAC option.

I know this may be much to ask especially with all the so-called dupe floating around. I have heard people say SIGMA doesnt perform as well as MAC and so on.

MAC 108 - Sonia Kashuk Dense blush/powder brush, Sigma (Any others?)
MAC 130 - Sigma F55, Real techniques stippling brush
MAC 187 - Sigma F50, Sonia Kashuk Stippling brush

I am much more interested in the EYE blending brushes though:

MAC 217 - Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff, (Any others?)
MAC 219 - Are there any TRUE dupes?
MAC 224 - Sigma E40
MAC 225 - Inglot 4ss

shellygrrl

Staff member
The Sigma F55 is closer to the MAC 188 than the 130. Sigma F80 is more like the 130, except the F80's bristles are all synthetic, and it's a bigger brush. The Real Techniques Stippling Brush is about the same size as the F80, but I think it's less dense. MAC 217 ~ Sigma E25. MAC 219 ~ Sigma E30. Hakuhodo also have some dupes in their 200 series, I believe.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm a bit of a brush junkie, personally, and love "window shopping" for them online, so... :D Happy to help.

Latest posts