Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

Well I think I deserve a nice Christmas gift & maybe I'll treat myself. But I REALLY want that palette.
Then I say go for it. I'm sure you've earned it!!!
th_thb5ed765e.gif

MissTT

Great minds, Medgal. I was thinking Small Vanity, too, so I went with a similar shade in Tarte since I gave SV to my daughter. I can't believe your UD palette hasn't arrived yet, however, you have lots of other new goodies to keep you company. (sagehen had nobody to tell so she told me.
cutey.gif
)

FACE
Hourglass Veil Mineral primer
Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme foundation – Toffee Bronze
Bobbi Brown Corrector – Dark Peach
NARS Radiant Creamy concealer – Ginger
Ben Nye Banana Powder set concealer
NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder
Tarte blush – Dazzled
A Natural Flirt edes – cheek highlight
Whisper of Gilt edsf – cheek highlight
Skindinavia Shine Free setting spray
EYES
NARS Pro Prime
Urban Decay Naked3 Palette for shadows:
Base - Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow 30E
Inner Lid - Trick
Outer Lid - Buzz
Crease - Nooner & Factory
Outer V - Blackheart
Brow - Strange
Liner – UD Demolition pencil; Blackheart shadow on half of bottom lash line
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara – bottom
Anastasia Brow Wiz – Brunette
LIPS
Jack Black so far

Notes:
ANF edes – didn’t pop the way I wanted so topped w/ WOG. Think if I would have used a less bright concealer it may have worked.
Lips – brought Chanel Wild Rose Glossimer and Rimmel Kate Matte 104. Lipstick seems almost too pink and gloss seems like it’s not enough oomph. Wonder if I need a beige on my lips?
MUFE Aqua Shadow - applied patchy and bumpy so I'm not happy with that. My look is textured. May also have caused to much shimmer for my work day. Pretty for night though.

Medgal07

Great minds, Medgal. I was thinking Small Vanity, too, so I went with a similar shade in Tarte since I gave SV to my daughter. I can't believe your UD palette hasn't arrived yet, however, you have lots of other new goodies to keep you company. (sagehen had nobody to tell so she told me.
cutey.gif
)

FACE
Hourglass Veil Mineral primer
Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme foundation – Toffee Bronze
Bobbi Brown Corrector – Dark Peach
Tarte blush – Dazzled
Whisper of Gilt edsf – cheek highlight
Skindinavia Shine Free setting spray
EYES
NARS Pro Prime
Base - Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow 30E
Inner Lid - Trick
Outer Lid - Buzz
Outer V - Blackheart
Brow - Strange
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara – bottom
LIPS
Jack Black so far

Notes:
ANF edes – didn’t pop the way I wanted so topped w/ WOG. Think if I would have used a less bright concealer it may have worked.
Lips – brought Chanel Wild Rose Glossimer and Rimmel Kate Matte 104. Lipstick seems almost too pink and gloss seems like it’s not enough oomph. Wonder if I need a beige on my lips?
MUFE Aqua Shadow - applied patchy and bumpy so I'm not happy with that. My look is textured. May also have caused to much shimmer for my work day. Pretty for night though.
Oh I love, love, love this thread! I'm cracking up at your Sage comment!!! BTW, I just found out that my Naked 3 will arrive tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a 'LOW' buy in the New Year. I will mosey over to Pixie's thread from time-time for inspiration and encouragement, but you ladies and this thread are my true loves!!!

Your look sounds amazing. I'll be better able to envision it when I have my N3 palette in front of me. Beige or a pink/neutral???

MissTT

I feel like the pink neutral is a little too pink. That's what this Rimmel Kate lippie is. It looks fine, but you know what I mean. Going for perfection with this beautiful eye I did. My face is all pinked which seems strange to me. It's a softened sexy look though. Reminds me of my Valentine's Day eye I did using Feminine Edge f/l, but looks even better.

I love this thread too.
heart2.gif

Medgal07

I feel like the pink neutral is a little too pink. That's what this Rimmel Kate lippie is. It looks fine, but you know what I mean. Going for perfection with this beautiful eye I did. My face is all pinked which seems strange to me. It's a softened sexy look though. Reminds me of my Valentine's Day eye I did using Feminine Edge f/l, but looks even better.

I love this thread too.
heart2.gif
Oh your look sounds beautiful----makes me want to whisper! Tee hee---I think pink is supposed to be calming.

MissTT

That's funny. I think of it as sensual and feminine -- at least in this palette. You are going to look beautiful in it. I thought Strange would be ashy on me, but it blends out just fine. The only shades I'm not digging are Limit (to light for me to do much with) and Dust (sheer payoff, glittery fallout). I had been wanting to try pink eye shadow for months so I'm very glad this palette works for me.
The red glitter in Blackheart isn't showing up on my skin. :( I'm totally loving my creases today. Isn't that weird. The lids pop, but then the crease is so soft and sultry. I guess that's what a warm pink will do.

MissTT

Base - Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow 30E (you can see the texture)
Inner Lid - Trick
Outer Lid - Buzz
Outer V - Blackheart
Brow - Strange

meka72

@Medgal, TF for everybody! I think I might ask for a Saks giftcard for Christmas to help subsidize cognac sable. I hope you had a good day with Abby. I forgot to mention his cute she was in that last pic.

meka72

MsTT, your makeup always sounds so pretty (and looks so pretty based upon that pic). You have such variety in your makeup arsenal. My family is tired of my newfound love of makeup yet they want to benefit from it. My daughter insists on Nars blushes. Now my mother has discovered Nars Sheer Glow (thanks to a sample from sephora). She said that it was the best foundation that she had ever tried because it just melted into her skin. She also said she received a lot of compliments on her makeup. Suddenly she wants to take my advice by wearing more color in her face (blush/lipstick) and even asked if I would talk her through contouring her face (we live in different states). I love it! This is what I wore yesterday as I rushed out of the house: Korres anti-aging primer to face Sleek BB cream in dark applied w/beauty blender Bobbi Brown corrector in dark peach to undereye Nars concealer in ginger (this combo looked lighter than usual and creased on me for some reason Milani eye primer Mac Swiss chocolate all over lid Mac Limit to browbone Nars Amour blush Mac Rebel lipstick This is what I wore today: Same primers, foundation and lipstick as yesterday LaFemme blush in Cinnabar Mac Swiss chocolate as transition eye shadow Mac saddle to crease Mac limit to browbone Sonia Kashuk jewel of an eye palette (one of the purply colors...sorry) Spritz of Kat Von D lock n'load fo set makeup So tonight I was playing around with the Sonia Kashuk palette and came up with a look that I loved. Still the basics with the Swiss chocolate, limit and saddle applications but I added a sparkly brown to my crease and blended more than normal, then used a cranberry shade from the palette on my lid. Love! Perhaps my dissatisfaction with my eye looks was based on not enough blending and not enough depth in the crease? I'm talking like I know what I'm talmbout. Lol.

Medgal07

Inner Lid - Trick
Outer Lid - Buzz
Outer V - Blackheart
Brow - Strange
So, so GORGEOUS! LOVE. love , love
goodjob.gif

Medgal07

@Medgal, TF for everybody! I think I might ask for a Saks giftcard for Christmas to help subsidize cognac sable. I hope you had a good day with Abby. I forgot to mention his cute she was in that last pic.
YES---TF for everybody! I ordered Ravish blush, Cocoa Mirage E/S palette and Vapor NP---my first TF nail polish!!! Thank you so much---don't get me started about Abby---she's such a good little pooch. I ordered us more matching lounge-wear today. So sick right? I'll post pics when they arrive!

sagehen

[COLOR=FF0000]   YES---TF for everybody!  I ordered Ravish blush, Cocoa Mirage E/S palette and Vapor NP---my first TF nail polish!!! Thank you so much---don't get me started about Abby---she's such a good little pooch.  I ordered us more matching lounge-wear today.  So sick right?  I'll post pics when they arrive![/COLOR]
@ the loungewear - not sick at all. What may be a little sick is that I heard a commercial for pajamagrams for the holidays (matching pj's for entire family, including dogs and cats) and I thought about you Medgal. I wondered if you and Abby would have matching holiday pj's! OK, my face today (just returning to work after several days of illness, so be gentle with me y'all) FACE: MUFE Face & Body in 44/46 MAC select concealer in NW45 silica powder to set consealer under eyes MUFE DuoMat poweder fdn, 214 no blush - barely making it today EYES: Sonia Kashuk Eye on Matte and Eye on Shimmer palettes for silver gray smokey eye CG Clump Crusher Mascara, two coats, very black MAC Brown Down on brows LIPS: Rimmel Kate Moss Matte !113, Sephora Gloss Galore, shade 06, NYX lip liner, Brown Cafe

MissTT

meka - they act like they're tired of you're makeup, but we see the truth.
sage - sorry you're feeling well. (CC told me she's been under the weather, too. AHEM!) You still did your eyes so that's good.
medgal - won't brimmed hats get blown off w/ a gust of wind?

FACE
Dermablend Skin Perfecting Primer
Clinique Even Better foundation - Deep Neutral (right side of face)
Clinique Stay Matte foundation - Deep Neutral (left side)
Tarte blush – Dazzled
EYES
NARS Pro Prime
Inner Lid - Burnout
Outer Lid - Mugshot
Crease - Nooner or Factory?
Outer V - Darkside
Brow - Strange
Liner – UD Naked3 Darkside & Blackheart
YSL Shocking mascara
LIPS
Fashion Boost l/p to fill
Punk Couture l/s
eyelove.gif

Nightmoth to line after lipstick realizing FB was wayyyy too light and pink LOL

Notes:
Primer - feels more like a serum and doesn't seem to ease foundation application. Just absorbs into skin.
Foundation - yes I did test two different foundations on the same day
amuse.gif

ANF - this just doesn't seem to work well as a cheek highlight. It doesn't spread well. It shows up where the brush first gets placed and then nothing. I can't even see it right now.

CartoonChic

Well, today was supposed to be the first day of my theme and I already failed.
girlhaha.gif
I wasn't feeling well today and spent most of the time sleeping. I doubt I'm going to feel up to doing much of anything tomorrow either, so I'm just going to start next week.

CartoonChic

Inner Lid - Trick
Outer Lid - Buzz
Outer V - Blackheart
Brow - Strange
love.gif
Scandal eyes!

I don't think I'm going to get the Naked3 palette. I'm still not as huge on eye shadow as I am with blush and lipstick. Can you recommend MAC pro pallet refill dupes? I still only have 3 lone shadows sitting in my MAC Pro Palette that I got back in June. And those 3 shadows are still untouched.

CartoonChic

meka - they act like they're tired of you're makeup, but we see the truth.
sage - sorry you're feeling well. (CC told me she's been under the weather, too. AHEM!) You still did your eyes so that's good.
medgal - won't brimmed hats get blown off w/ a gust of wind?

FACE
Dermablend Skin Perfecting Primer
Clinique Even Better foundation - Deep Neutral (right side of face)
Clinique Stay Matte foundation - Deep Neutral (left side)
Tarte blush – Dazzled
EYES
NARS Pro Prime
Inner Lid - Burnout
Outer Lid - Mugshot
Crease - Nooner or Factory?
Outer V - Darkside
Brow - Strange
Liner – UD Naked3 Darkside & Blackheart
YSL Shocking mascara
LIPS
Fashion Boost l/p to fill
Punk Couture l/s
eyelove.gif

Nightmoth to line after lipstick realizing FB was wayyyy too light and pink LOL

Notes:
Primer - feels more like a serum and doesn't seem to ease foundation application. Just absorbs into skin.
Foundation - yes I did test two different foundations on the same day
amuse.gif

ANF - this just doesn't seem to work well as a cheek highlight. It doesn't spread well. It shows up where the brush first gets placed and then nothing. I can't even see it right now.
girlhaha.gif

I don't have anything from the Punk Couture collection yet. I was too busy buying polish. (I don't think I've told you that I'm now over the 1K mark.
shockt.gif
) I can't wait to get those purple lipsticks.

aradhana

girlhaha.gif

I don't have anything from the Punk Couture collection yet. I was too busy buying polish. (I don't think I've told you that I'm now over the 1K mark.
shockt.gif
) I can't wait to get those purple lipsticks.
mee too! totally looking forward to the punk couture lipsticks. but i guess i will have to act fast!!

aradhana

K so for some reason I can't quote today. Meka: apart from the liner pencil, the eye products were mostly pigments, except beluga and shimmermoss are regular shadows by MAC and aqua creams are cream shadows by makeup forever. Beluga was LE, but not sure about shimmermoss. I think beluga is not too far off from nars Mekong.... Miss TT your eyes look smokin' in that pic! And your skin luminous! I need to find somewhere to procure TF...though from the sounds of it, maybe I just need to stay away from it. edited - bars = nars....LOL!

sagehen

So, uh what are we doing this week? I need a bit of inspiration. I am wearing foundation, powder and eyebrows. Nothing else. It makes me feel kind of blah. I wanted to end this year on a bang. eta: now I have on black liner, mascara and lipgloss. Best I could do today.

Latest posts