Theme Makeup with a Purpose

katred

Specktra Bestie
Today's nude? My bare chapped lips :(
Sorry to hear. I guess we are getting into that season now. I'm glad to be free of electric heating atm because that's always the worst for me. Hope your lips feel better soon!
^^YASSS! Aren't those pics from Barbie Loves MAC? I loved that collex. And agree to the sculpted flawlessness.
Yes they are. That was a fun collection! I cheated a little on the nude theme today. I wore Armani Rouge Ecstasy 603, Urban Nude. It might work as a deep, cool nude on women of colour, but it's much darker than that on me for sure. It's like a deep mauve transitioning to purple. There is something "nudish" about it, but it's a fairly dark shade. Not a big wearer of nudes, so this week will definitely be a challenge for me! That said, I still have more than enough of them to do a week's worth.

meka72

When I washed my face, I exfoliated my lips with my washcloth. I then slathered Vaseline on my lips. I hope they will be better in the morning. I'll wear Chanel Modoré lip pencil, Chanel Ambiguë lipstick and Chanel Giggle lip glossimer.

Shars

Good night ladies. I haven't been keeping up with recording my looks but I have been sticking to theme. Today I wore, for the first time, a L'Oreal LE lippie under their "Collection Privee" called Eva's Nude. It's one of their colour riche ones. The colour is gorgeous but the lipstick has so much slick that I don't get the full pigment I want. I still like it though but I'm going to debate whether to keep it or throw it into my freelance kit.

Off topic: Why didn't y'all tell me that MAC's cork liner saves lives? lol. I always used Chestnut and lost it and picked up Cork when I repurchased Chestnut. Suffice to say I have been using Cork wayy more. It's the perfect brown for me to use as a lip transition. Sometimes Chestnut can be too dark and alters the lip colour when I didn't want it too. What other liners do you gals like for nude lips and the like?

Medgal07

thanks for posting all the nude shades! (i used it to fill in the shade descriptions that i was missing in my spreadsheet)

(Post edited for typo! thanks, not hanks!)
You're quite welcome---it was easy------that's the beauty of an inventory document!!!

Medgal07

Good night ladies. I haven't been keeping up with recording my looks but I have been sticking to theme. Today I wore, for the first time, a L'Oreal LE lippie under their "Collection Privee" called Eva's Nude. It's one of their colour riche ones. The colour is gorgeous but the lipstick has so much slick that I don't get the full pigment I want. I still like it though but I'm going to debate whether to keep it or throw it into my freelance kit.

Off topic: Why didn't y'all tell me that MAC's cork liner saves lives? lol. I always used Chestnut and lost it and picked up Cork when I repurchased Chestnut. Suffice to say I have been using Cork wayy more. It's the perfect brown for me to use as a lip transition. Sometimes Chestnut can be too dark and alters the lip colour when I didn't want it too. What other liners do you gals like for nude lips and the like?
lol.gif
Cork is on of my favorite MAC lip liners Glad you're loving it!!!

mango13

I think Guerlain trumps all of the liquid lipsticks that I've tried. Their's are a lipstick & gloss, all in one and they dry to a soft matte finish---AMAZING product!!!
I love orange lipstick...I think I wore some form or other of orange for two years straight. It just worked for me. I couldn't do that now..too many lipstick, and colors
have made their way into my stash.
I been meaning to try Guerlain's, I need to go and swatch them.

Medgal07

I been meaning to try Guerlain's, I need to go and swatch them.
I hope you do---they're pretty amazing!!

Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

This is me today. Does EOS balm count (j/k)?
Tha's me too Sage---All I managed to get onto my lips is YSL's Tint-n-Oil. We had hosted our final cocktail party of the season last night and I'm exhausted
thud.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I think I will do a nude week at some point (wait, I mean a nude lipstick week, just so we're clear), but for now I just have so many pretties that I haven't worn yet, or that I've only worn once. I did a full count last night and am relieved that I could not, in fact, go a whole year... and celebrated by getting two new lipsticks today. I think, however, that I might be joining the lip balm club shortly. I can feel my lips getting tougher.

Anneri

Hello all! Just popping in quickly from Vienna to wish everyone a great NYE and a very happy new year! Christmas was really nice - I strayed quite far from our theme and practically lived in gold and red MU for that week. Oh, could we mourn quickly one casualty? I lost my Cherry Glaze huggable at the hotel we were staying at. So sad! So I actually had to go and get two of the EL Envy lipsticks today at the duty free shop at the airport because I couldn't decide. :p I'm quite set for two weeks of taupe. Accidentally I got a gorgeous taupe handbag (Furla) with gold accents from my parents for Christmas so I can match my bag to my MU lol! During those taupe weeks we don't have a specific lipstick colour to wear, right?

sagehen

I think I will do a nude week at some point (wait, I mean a nude lipstick week, just so we're clear), but for now I just have so many pretties that I haven't worn yet, or that I've only worn once. I did a full count last night and am relieved that I could not, in fact, go a whole year... and celebrated by getting two new lipsticks today. I think, however, that I might be joining the lip balm club shortly. I can feel my lips getting tougher.
I know how you feel about your neglected pretties. I broke ranks and wore a couple different shades last week.
Hello all! Just popping in quickly from Vienna to wish everyone a great NYE and a very happy new year! Christmas was really nice - I strayed quite far from our theme and practically lived in gold and red MU for that week. Oh, could we mourn quickly one casualty? I lost my Cherry Glaze huggable at the hotel we were staying at. So sad! So I actually had to go and get two of the EL Envy lipsticks today at the duty free shop at the airport because I couldn't decide. :p I'm quite set for two weeks of taupe. Accidentally I got a gorgeous taupe handbag (Furla) with gold accents from my parents for Christmas so I can match my bag to my MU lol! During those taupe weeks we don't have a specific lipstick colour to wear, right?
I say you get a holiday exemption. A bunch of us broke out in red last week! I dare say some of us will tonight. The only reason I am doing nude lips (MAC Mattene, Composure) today is because of a gnarly silver smoky eye I am wearing (another Too Faced disappointment). I am ready for taupe! And, the lip thing all year in 2015 is to try to wear a different shade each day - no specific colors, especially during the taupe challenge. I am sorry for your loss (the Huggable lip color lol).

Medgal07

During those taupe weeks we don't have a specific lipstick colour to wear, right?
th_thstars.gif
Happy New Year Anneri, and all the lovely ladies of the Theme Makeup Thread! may the New Year be filled with health, wealth and plenty of makeup!!!

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I think several of us broke theme to wear our favorite/traditional holiday makeup. So sorry to hear about your lost huggable. I hate losing things! You're correct about our taupe E/s weeks. You get to wear any lipstick you want...we're attempting a different lipstick every day for a year, or however long your stash will take you. You choose the color.

meka72

Happy New Year ladies! I hope everyone had a safe enjoyable night. I didn't have any libations and was asleep well before midnight. So it was a lowkey NYE for me. I'm so lazy! I still haven't made it to the mall to get taupe eyeshadow. Something must be wrong with me because I even have Nordstrom notes to use. I have a couple different taupes to get me through the first week though. I think someone upthread reminded me that I was supposed to wear red lips for the family pics. My outfit was doing a little much. I Wore pants with horizontal blue and black stripes and wore a shirt with vertical blue and white stripes. Red lips and that outfit would have caused vertigo. Lol. On Tuesday, I wore Bad Girl RiRi and on Wednesday,, I wore the Chanel Modoré, Chanel Ambiguë and Chanel Giggle. Nothing on my lips today since I'm laying in the bed watching the walking dead. Tomorrow, I'll wear Rimmel apolcolips in the shade solstice.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Happy New Year everybody!! Hope you all had a great holiday. My taupes are primed and ready to go, although I reserved today to play around with my Armani Orient Excess palette. None of those shades are really taupe, although the bronze shadow looks taupe-ish when applied lightly... I'm sure I'll get caught up.

Yesterday, I incorporated one of my favourite ever taupe shades, Le Metier de Beauté "Corinthian". I used it with LMdB Fig (deep eggplant) and the new Armani Eye Tint in Rose Ashes. I've only worn the Eye Tint once, but, as someone who doesn't even like wet shadow formulations, I'm blown away. I need to buy about ten more. The end result was definitely on the rosy side of taupe, since Corinthian already leans a bit pink and there were pink tones with the other shadows used, but taupe nonetheless. Here's a look

Also- I posted all the looks I did for pink/ mauve/ fuchsia week on the blog. Link is in my signature if you'd like to have a peek.

katred

Specktra Bestie
@katred you are way ahead of us! I am still in my pj's bare faced, with conditioner in my hair lol.
Lol, it's funny, but it always cheers me up when I get dressed and put on my face. I almost always end up doing it because I find it such an enjoyable part of my day.

meka72

Katred, your makeup always looks great but this look is phenomenal! I love that lipstick! Would you mind sharing what it is? I'm off to google the Armani palette and pray that it is unavailable.
Happy New Year everybody!! Hope you all had a great holiday. My taupes are primed and ready to go, although I reserved today to play around with my Armani Orient Excess palette. None of those shades are really taupe, although the bronze shadow looks taupe-ish when applied lightly... I'm sure I'll get caught up. Yesterday, I incorporated one of my favourite ever taupe shades, Le Metier de Beauté "Corinthian". I used it with LMdB Fig (deep eggplant) and the new Armani Eye Tint in Rose Ashes. I've only worn the Eye Tint once, but, as someone who doesn't even like wet shadow formulations, I'm blown away. I need to buy about ten more. The end result was definitely on the rosy side of taupe, since Corinthian already leans a bit pink and there were pink tones with the other shadows used, but taupe nonetheless. Here's a look Also- I posted all the looks I did for pink/ mauve/ fuchsia week on the blog. Link is in my signature if you'd like to have a peek.

Latest posts