Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

hmmm in the comments on that ferozebeauty post one person says they are NC42 and F400 was too dark, and the other person says it was a perfect match. i guess it's all going to be about the finer nuances of our skin tones so we'll have to test them out personally to know! in any case, i have usually been colour matched as nc43 when it's available (but that's rare since around here you can nay really get studio fix powder in that shade), and otherwise nc 44 or 45, even though it's usually darker than my neck/body. one time, in prolong wear compact, they actually matched me with nc50. needless to say i didn't buy it. i wanted to get a sample so that i could see what it looked like over time, and they didn't have those little vials.

i don't mind if i'm between two shades in this foundation - it sounds like it blends nicely into olive skin, so hopefully if it is a little bit light/dark, it won't have the weird grey cast....

the heather plum looks awesome! i think i will try something vampy like that tomorrow...

oooo nice and vampy for winter! love it!

i was contemplating starting to do this but right now the snow/ice out there is kinda daunting!!!
Thanks Aradhana. I wish you could see how truly dark it is----I'll be vamping the entire month.

Medgal07

i really did a super quick look today with super watt, deliciously rich and l'oreal infallible in tauped bronze. or is it bronzed taupe? in any case, it's bronze AND it's taupe! :)

for my always changing lip combo i wore nouvelle vogue with half-red lipliner. i liked that much better than NV on it's own, and the different tones are not too obvious.

yesterday i actually did manage to get out of the house, but it was super casual, and i just pulled jampacked lip glass out of the depths of my collection.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=jamp...qqVN3WF8iegwTM6IKoCw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_

this reminded me of the other lip products from cult of cherry - i wish i had gotten some of the mattenes. maybe i will try to incorporate what i did end up getting sometime this week.
Love the sound of this look---I love anything bronze....and taupe!!

Prettypackages

I'm posting this video b/c Pat did a super dope side wing that we talked about before... check it out...

http://www.fashionone.com/news/2013/09/01/beauty-tutorials-fall-makeup-trends/

Medgal07

LOL...I'm just gonna try and keep my head down pretend I didn't read that...
whistle.gif

i decided to vamp it up too today, inspired by your post yesterday!

i'm wearing boyfriend stealer and feelin' good from the archie's girls collection, with plum lipliner. for blush i'm wearing exhibit A (verrrry lightly), and for my taupe eye's of the day, it's black line pearl glide eyeliner on top and bottom lash lines, MUFE aqua cream in 15 on upper lid with sweet sienna pigment over top, family crest on the outer corners. i used a little bit of a pinky gold eyeshadow called sugar from joe fresh n the brow bone, but i did it pretty lightly since it's kinda super shimmery.

then you must be loving the taupe weeks!
Oh I am. I've been using some form of taupe or taupe-like e/s from lid to brow and then adding a deeper shade to the crease, and /or a mid-toned color to
transition. Quite often I'll just a whatever highlighter I'm using to highlight my brow.

sagehen

Today's FOTD: FACE: Ruby Kiss 3-D Face Creator, 11 (mad as heck because the compact is broken after a few uses), lighter shade in center of face, darker shade on perimeter Ruby Kiss 3-D Face Creator, 15, light contour by COB today, I will be wearing Milani Coral Cove flower blush EYES: MAC All Woman e/s quad, bottom left shade on lid, top right shade in crease, bottom right shade in outer crease and lightly under lower lashline - this gave me a greyish-taupe smokey eye Rimmel Brow Pencil, 001 Dark Brown Prestige Cosmetics Total Intensity wp eye liner, Fierce Blue on top lashes only Rimmel London Glam Eyes Mascara, 003Extreme Black LIPS: NYX Hot Red l/l MAC Sail La Vie lipstick

Medgal07

MAC Sail La Vie lipstick
​ Where and how do you find these products. You get the vot for most eclectic stash. I actually love looking your items up online. I learn some things Sage----and I like
that!!

All woman is a go-to palette for me. The taupe shade, Brains & Brawn is nice and mine has a major dent in it----I may even hit pan soon
icon_eek.gif
I haven't done that in a long
while!!!

I know your eye-look is just great w/ Sail La Vie!!!!

sagehen

Sage is that Ruby Kisses product a foundation? 
'Tis, a pretty-well pigmented cream product that somehow sucks up a bit of oil. I have only blotted once today and that is a dream for me. @Medgal: I found the Ruby Kisses products when I was hunting for their eye primer, which I have heard is a dupe for UDPP. I knew that my local beauty supply had a few of their products so I rolled through and (**cue singing from the heavens*) they had installed a WHOLE WALL INSTALLATION of Ruby Kisses products, WITH testers, so I stood there and played for awhile and picked out a few things. I don't know why, after all the searching I have done for good cream foundations, I don't wear them more often. It is so much easier / faster / less messy. With well-pigmented creams you have to use so little product and buff in with a synthetic brush and voila! Even-toned skin.

Medgal07

I found the Ruby Kisses products when I was hunting for their eye primer, which I have heard is a dupe for UDPP. I knew that my local beauty supply had a few of their products so I rolled through and (**cue singing from the heavens*) they had installed a WHOLE WALL INSTALLATION of Ruby Kisses products, WITH testers, so I stood there and played for awhile and picked out a few things. I don't know why, after all the searching I have done for good cream foundations, I don't wear them more often. It is so much easier / faster / less messy. With well-pigmented creams you have to use so little product and buff in with a synthetic brush and voila! Even-toned skin.
Well I rest my case! Thank you so much for enlightening me Sage---you just find these amazing hidden gems!!!!

Prettypackages

I found the Ruby Kisses products when I was hunting for their eye primer, which I have heard is a dupe for UDPP. I knew that my local beauty supply had a few of their products so I rolled through and (**cue singing from the heavens*) they had installed a WHOLE WALL INSTALLATION of Ruby Kisses products, WITH testers, so I stood there and played for awhile and picked out a few things. I don't know why, after all the searching I have done for good cream foundations, I don't wear them more often. It is so much easier / faster / less messy. With well-pigmented creams you have to use so little product and buff in with a synthetic brush and voila! Even-toned skin.
I honestly didn't like Ruby Kisses eye primer. I thought it got old pretty fast. But it did work just as well as the UDPP.

Do you think this is true of all creams? If so I need to buy more. I was literally but to run out and find this product. I'll put it on my list for this weekend. The Beauty Supply shops I know are all in the City anyway. LOL

sagehen

I honestly didn't like Ruby Kisses eye primer. I thought it got old pretty fast.  But it did work just as well as the UDPP.  Do you think this is true of all creams?  If so I need to buy more.   I was literally but to run out and find this product.  I'll put it on my list for this weekend.  The Beauty Supply shops I know are all in the City anyway. LOL 
I think as long as you don't have to mix shades (which is easily done on a palette) it is true for very pigmented cream foundations. You use way less than you think you need. I totally learned that the hard way with some RCMA foundation lol.

Prettypackages

OMG yes. I don't know why I didn't believe them when they said their foundation was more pigmented than others out there.
hehehehe

so I'm just realizing how HARD this lipstick a day challenge is. It hit me when Meddy said she is going to get the vampy's out of the way before Summer hits... I think I'm going to concentrate on vampy's and nudes. My nudes are starting to uh, well not turn, but ya know... not as fresh. My poor lil Mehr has almost had it.
I don't need to wear a lipstick a day, I need another set of lips. I think I will start of with everything that is older than a year. Show them some love...

katred

Specktra Bestie
@katred is burberry eyeshadow available at holt's?
your look sounds very pretty - i had to look up gracy since i have a hard time remembering all the rouge g names...so pretty!

lol. thanks! :)

i don't think i'm going to make it out of the house today either. though normally it wouldn't necessarily imply no makeup, it looks like this might happen!

that yukon eyeshadow looks pretty. and i just googled where to buy around here...yay!
As far as I know, Burberry is only available at two Holt's counters- Toronto and Vancouver. I grabbed two shadows at the Vancouver counter when I was out there on business a couple of years back. They've never expanded the distribution to other counters and Burberry hasn't tried to make a deal with another retailer (i.e., The Bay) as far as I know. Also, their web site won't accept orders from Canada. I tried talking to their customer service and the response was "that's too bad". Le sigh.

I decided to play around with the idea of taupe today, because I wanted to try something more colourful on my eyes. (I've told myself that I have to use more of my pigments, because I love them, but I always just end up skipping them because they take a little longer to work with.) So I figured, if I wasn't going to incorporate taupe on the eyes, I might as well use it in other places. So...

Face
UD Naked Skin foundation 1.0
Dior Star concealer 010
Chanel Ombres Contraste "Notorious" [lavender-taupe contour powder]
Mac Blush Ombre "Azalea Blossom" [cool lavender/ pink mix]
Mac MSF "Lightscapade" [eggshell white highlighter]

Eyes
Mac paint pot "Painterly" [base]
Mac e/s "Nanogold" [shimmery pinkish gold- inner half of lids]
Mac pigment "Bright Fuchsia" [exactly what it says= blended over the outer half of the lids and into the crease]
Mac e/s "Sweet Chestnut" [deep cranberry/ maroon- in the outer V to intensify/ deepen]
Mac e/s "Crystal Avalanche" [shimmery white] along the brow bone and to soften the outer edges of BF]
UD 24/7 e/l "Perversion" [intense black- along the upper lash lines]
MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara

Lips
Mac l/s "Viva Glam Rihanna 2" [frosty cool taupe]

So yeah... Taupe on the cheeks and the lips, but not on the eyes. It's sort of an extreme look- I'd never wear it to an office, but I guess the nice thing about working from home is that you can play around more without being judged.
clap.gif

Here's a photo of how it came out:

Vineetha

As far as I know, Burberry is only available at two Holt's counters- Toronto and Vancouver. I grabbed two shadows at the Vancouver counter when I was out there on business a couple of years back. They've never expanded the distribution to other counters and Burberry hasn't tried to make a deal with another retailer (i.e., The Bay) as far as I know. Also, their web site won't accept orders from Canada. I tried talking to their customer service and the response was "that's too bad". Le sigh. I decided to play around with the idea of taupe today, because I wanted to try something more colourful on my eyes. (I've told myself that I have to use more of my pigments, because I love them, but I always just end up skipping them because they take a little longer to work with.) So I figured, if I wasn't going to incorporate taupe on the eyes, I might as well use it in other places. So... Face UD Naked Skin foundation 1.0 Dior Star concealer 010 Chanel Ombres Contraste "Notorious" [lavender-taupe contour powder] Mac Blush Ombre "Azalea Blossom" [cool lavender/ pink mix] Mac MSF "Lightscapade" [eggshell white highlighter] Eyes Mac paint pot "Painterly" [base] Mac e/s "Nanogold" [shimmery pinkish gold- inner half of lids] Mac pigment "Bright Fuchsia" [exactly what it says= blended over the outer half of the lids and into the crease] Mac e/s "Sweet Chestnut" [deep cranberry/ maroon- in the outer V to intensify/ deepen] Mac e/s "Crystal Avalanche" [shimmery white] along the brow bone and to soften the outer edges of BF] UD 24/7 e/l "Perversion" [intense black- along the upper lash lines] MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara Lips Mac l/s "Viva Glam Rihanna 2" [frosty cool taupe] So yeah... Taupe on the cheeks and the lips, but not on the eyes. It's sort of an extreme look- I'd never wear it to an office, but I guess the nice thing about working from home is that you can play around more without being judged. :clap: Here's a photo of how it came out:
I actually really liked the eye look katred!! :pompom:

Anneri

Today's the first day I did something taupe. *hangs head in shame*

I did a fun glittery taupe eye on NYE (Benefit Skinny Jeans, the glitter, the black and the creme from the Smokelux palette and Catch my Eye f/l applied liberally all over the lid for maximum sparkle) and then it was minimal or no makeup for me. We returned from Vienna last weekend and there was such a lot to do and to catch up with! And it's quite impossible to catch up with this thread and to quote every striking look!

Suffice to say that Meddy looked gorgeous as usual, Aradhana's posted look was absolutely striking and I'm in awe at your look with VG Rihanna, Katred!

Here's my look from today:

FACE: Mac CC cream in Adjust, Mac Mineralize Loose foundation in light, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Maybelline brow gel, Mac Beauty Powder in Too Chic to highlight, Mac MB in Modest

EYES: UPDD, Mac Superwatt all over lid, Mac Winterized in crease (MES), Mac Kid to blend the edges, Mac Orb under browbone, Sephora 12hr pencil in black lace for upper lashline, roof top party for waterline, Clinique mascara

Lips: EL Envy lipstick in Rebellious Rose (LOVE that formula!)

Now I#ve to stop wearing only my new Envy lipsticks and start the 'all my lipsticks' challenge!!!

Latest posts