Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

yes i can't bring myself to wear anything other than the coziest clothing!

i forgot to post my lip colour choices the past two days - yesterday was style curve, and today i wore twig with plum lipliner. i quite liked it...i remember being a bit hum haw about twig before, but with the plum liner it gave just enough definition for a low key look...

my taupe look today was mute aqua cream 15 as base, solar bits in impassioned on lid, night manoeuvres in crease and black ore to outer corner. i found it lacked a bit of definition. not sure what i'd do differently next time, but i'd imagine it'd be a little less sparkle! maybe add a liner? or a matte shade...
Love your lip color choices!!!!

Medgal07

My look for Thursday was almost identical to Wednesday however, my lip color was Dior Rouge Lip Baume in Park Avenue, a muted plum w/Chanel lip liner in plum.

sagehen

I am wearing the most tragic face... Primer, MAC NW40 concealer where necessary, Ruby Kisses powder, Honey Brown CG Clump Crusher mascara, Very Black Iman Luxury Lipstick, Iman Red That. Is. All.

Anneri

Woohoo, I managed a proper taupe look today!

FACE: Mac CC cream in Adjust, Mac Mineralize Loose foundation in light, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Maybelline brow gel, Mac Beauty Powder in Too Chic to highlight, Mac MB in Modest

EYES: UPDD, TooFaced Glitter Glue, Mauvement pigment all over lid, Kid to blend the edges, Espresso in the outer v and Orb to highlight the browbone. EL Modern Mercury liquid liner. Espresso also on the lower lasline. Clinique mascara.

Lips: Rebel (for the first time!
icon_eek.gif
)

I really liked the combo with the golden-taupe Mauvement (which is one of my fave eyeshadow colours ever and I've neglected far too long!) and the wine-coloured Rebel. Really nice.

Shars

FACE: Mac CC cream in Adjust, Mac Mineralize Loose foundation in light, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Maybelline brow gel, Mac Beauty Powder in Too Chic to highlight, Mac MB in Modest

EYES: UPDD, TooFaced Glitter Glue, Mauvement pigment all over lid, Kid to blend the edges, Espresso in the outer v and Orb to highlight the browbone. EL Modern Mercury liquid liner. Espresso also on the lower lasline. Clinique mascara.

icon_eek.gif
)

I really liked the combo with the golden-taupe Mauvement (which is one of my fave eyeshadow colours ever and I've neglected far too long!) and the wine-coloured Rebel. Really nice.
Sounds pretty!

aradhana

icon_eek.gif
)

such a pretty shade of taupe...it almost looked like a mauve-taupe in the pics i saw!

is glitter glue different than mac mixing medium? i have a bottle of the latter but i usually just can't be bothered to pull it put. maybe one of these i should, since i'm trying to use some of my unloved pigments of late!

so today's look:

face:
mac cc cream in recharge (all over)
mineralize moisture foundation in nc42 & nc44 (the first is good only in the very centre, the second is too red and i had to blend it out big time!)
nars radiant creamy concealer - biscuit
nars light reflecting finishing powder (pressed)- translucent
nars powder foundation - tahoe
mac blush - ambering rose (muted rose)

brows:
illamasqua brow powder - thunder
mac brow set

eyes:
mufe aqua cream 15 (taupe!)
mac eyeshadow - scene 1 (bubblegum pink with silver pearl) from crease to brow bone, outer corner of under eye area
mac eyeshadow - french grey (taupe with silver pearl) upper lid, lower lash line
mac technakohl - earthline (muted grey brown with frost) upper and lower lash line
benefit they're real gel liner - very softly upper lash line, outer 1/3 lower lashline
mufe smoky lash mascara

lipstick: empowered.

another one that seems to be on the verge. the vanilla scent was gone.
i tried masque at first but it was too light for today. but that one the scent was still going strong even though it's older. go figure.

anyway, very happy with the colour combos today, especially the eyes. not thrilled by having applied the nc44 to my face though....

Anneri

such a pretty shade of taupe...it almost looked like a mauve-taupe in the pics i saw!

is glitter glue different than mac mixing medium? i have a bottle of the latter but i usually just can't be bothered to pull it put. maybe one of these i should, since i'm trying to use some of my unloved pigments of late!

so today's look:

face:
mac cc cream in recharge (all over)
mineralize moisture foundation in nc42 & nc44 (the first is good only in the very centre, the second is too red and i had to blend it out big time!)
nars radiant creamy concealer - biscuit
nars light reflecting finishing powder (pressed)- translucent
nars powder foundation - tahoe
mac blush - ambering rose (muted rose)

brows:
illamasqua brow powder - thunder
mac brow set

eyes:
mufe aqua cream 15 (taupe!)
mac eyeshadow - scene 1 (bubblegum pink with silver pearl) from crease to brow bone, outer corner of under eye area
mac eyeshadow - french grey (taupe with silver pearl) upper lid, lower lash line
mac technakohl - earthline (muted grey brown with frost) upper and lower lash line
benefit they're real gel liner - very softly upper lash line, outer 1/3 lower lashline
mufe smoky lash mascara

lipstick: empowered.

another one that seems to be on the verge. the vanilla scent was gone.
i tried masque at first but it was too light for today. but that one the scent was still going strong even though it's older. go figure.

anyway, very happy with the colour combos today, especially the eyes. not thrilled by having applied the nc44 to my face though....
Glitter Glue and Mixing Medium are actually very different. Glitter Glue is what it says - it's really sticky so that the loose pigment can adhere to that sticky base better. I still need a proper primer under it. Mixing Medium just turns your pigment into a paste so you can apply it easily. I again need a proper primer underneath. I still have some fallout when I use Glitter Glue, but none when I mix my pigment with Mixing Medium. That being said, I like the Glue better because I find it quite difficult to use the right amount of Mixing Medium. Usually I use to much so I've to use more pigment to make it less runny, and during that waste a lot of pigment...

Do you like Recharge when you use it all over?

I had two of the Aqua creams but couldn't cope with them. They set so quickly that I found it nearly impossible to blend them without tugging majorly on my lids!

On the topic of cream e/s, I just saw Cafe Makeup's swatches of the new Armani cream e/s.
heat.gif
yummy.gif
drools.gif

aradhana

Thank you Shars!

Glitter Glue and Mixing Medium are actually very different. Glitter Glue is what it says - it's really sticky so that the loose pigment can adhere to that sticky base better. I still need a proper primer under it. Mixing Medium just turns your pigment into a paste so you can apply it easily. I again need a proper primer underneath. I still have some fallout when I use Glitter Glue, but none when I mix my pigment with Mixing Medium. That being said, I like the Glue better because I find it quite difficult to use the right amount of Mixing Medium. Usually I use to much so I've to use more pigment to make it less runny, and during that waste a lot of pigment...

I had two of the Aqua creams but couldn't cope with them. They set so quickly that I found it nearly impossible to blend them without tugging majorly on my lids!

On the topic of cream e/s, I just saw Cafe Makeup's swatches of the new Armani cream e/s.
heat.gif
yummy.gif
drools.gif
the dilemma of the mixing medium sounds exactly like what i imagine myself going through which is partly why i find using it so daunting. but i should just do it. i think i've only used mine once since i bought it. and it's a pretty large bottle!

i liked recharge all over. but i don't know that the colour difference was obvious all over, just the soft texture. it did go nicely with the mineralize foundation.i kind of wish there was a foundation or something with the same texture as the recharge where i could just work it into my face. but then maybe that would be just like the nars tinted moisturizer....

i don't do a lot of blending when i wear the aqua cream. i just put it on the lid and i guess blend it just a tiny bit at the edges, with my finger. the whole application i do by finger actually - so far that has worked for me, but my use of it is super simple, and i only actually own the one shade.

i haven't seen those cream shadows yet but i think i should go look them up....

Shars

Hi Ladies. Hope you all had a fab day!

The last two days I've been rushing for work so no eyeshadow looks. My skin has been acting weird also - getting more oily than usual. Even with my oil blocking Estee Lauder Double Wear, I had to wear a mattifying primer underneath and a bit of oil still came through on my nose. So annoying! Other than that, I've been good and keeping to my one lippie a day. So far for the year, these have been my picks:

Jan 1st - Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick (mini size) in Centerfold (a really nice mauve pink for me)
Jan 2nd - MAC lipglass in Water Deities from the Alluring Aquatics collection (that lipglass saves lives y'all lol. I also like to pair it with another lipstick from the Alluring Aquatic collection called Enchanted One. Such a brown girl friendly nude lip. Actually, it'd be a very universally flattering combo.)
Jan 3rd - Bite Beauty's Matte Lip Pencil in Aubergine. A stunning lipstick with a very fruity smell. This was also quite long lasting.
Jan 4th a.m. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Rose Hip (this has been touted as a dupe for MAC's Candy Yum Yum. I don't own CYY but Rose Hip appears to be less neon and is not a matte texture so may be more wearable for those that like the colour but aren't "neon lips" bold
Jan 4th p.m. MAC lipstick in Enchanted One. (As noted above, this is one beige lipstick that works for my brown behind. I hope they would repromote the shade or make it permanent because I think it is universally flattering)
Jan 5th MAC lipstick in Pleasure Bomb from the RIRI hearts MAC holiday collection (Such a stunning colour and does not budge!!)
Jan 6th MAC lipglass in Seducing Sound from the Alluring Aquatics collection (this is another nice lipglass that works as a "my lips but better" shade for me)
Jan 7th Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Loganberry (I love this darn colour. This formula has a lot more slip so although it doesn't bleed, it does transfer a lot. That said, I didn't have to touch up until after I ate)
Jan 8th Milani Color Statement lipstick in Uptown Mauve (I bought this because it's supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Rebel but since I now own Rebel, I may transfer this shade to my freelance makeup kit and melt it down into a palette.
Jan 9th (Today :) ) Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy (super mini) Lipstick in Tumultuous Pink 240 (I'm really sad that I won't be able to wear this colour again until going through all my others (unless I cheat lol) Was my first time trying the EL Pure Color Envy line and I am super impressed. Application was an easy one swipe and it does not feel heavy on my lips at all. I'm excited to try the other 3 colours that came in the set I bought from Sephora during the VIB sale.

That's it for now ladies. Hope you guys are enjoying your taupe looks. I'm definitely going to try the green and taupe smokey eye tomorrow and see how it goes.

katred

Specktra Bestie
yes i can't bring myself to wear anything other than the coziest clothing!

i forgot to post my lip colour choices the past two days - yesterday was style curve, and today i wore twig with plum lipliner. i quite liked it...i remember being a bit hum haw about twig before, but with the plum liner it gave just enough definition for a low key look...

my taupe look today was mute aqua cream 15 as base, solar bits in impassioned on lid, night manoeuvres in crease and black ore to outer corner. i found it lacked a bit of definition. not sure what i'd do differently next time, but i'd imagine it'd be a little less sparkle! maybe add a liner? or a matte shade...
When I was re-swatching all my lip products, I realised for (I think) the first time that I had bought Plum liner. I'd honestly blanked out any memory of the purchase. Thanks for giving me an idea how to use it.

The last couple of days have involved two completely different looks:

Yesterday I wore a combination of all the Mac Artificially Wild eye shadows, along with Shroom and Tarina Tarantino Sparkling Ammunition liner (shimmery olive green). In retrospect, I think I should have used fewer colours, but I fell in love with all of them.

On the cheeks, I wore Pink Cult, Next to Skin and Perfect Topping and my lipstick was my favourite neutral, Hourglass Fawn.

Today, I wore Nars Dolomites- I managed to find this a few days ago after assuming I'd waited too long and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Cheeks were Guerlain Red Hot + Guerlain Parure de Lumière. Lipstick was Nars Charlotte, which I'm just in love with. It's not entirely vampy, but still deep and intriguing, like a film noir heroine.

So... 9 days in and so far I've managed to avoid repeating any lipsticks. only 356 days to go...

MandyVanHook

Rebel is such a mystery to me. SO many people love it- I finally bought it myself because I was persuaded. But it never seems to work on me. It always looks (and feels) dry and always seems to just sit on my lips like wax. When I was re-swatching all my lip products, I realised for (I think) the first time that I had bought Plum liner. I'd honestly blanked out any memory of the purchase. Thanks for giving me an idea how to use it. The last couple of days have involved two completely different looks: Yesterday I wore a combination of all the Mac Artificially Wild eye shadows, along with Shroom and Tarina Tarantino Sparkling Ammunition liner (shimmery olive green). In retrospect, I think I should have used fewer colours, but I fell in love with all of them. On the cheeks, I wore Pink Cult, Next to Skin and Perfect Topping and my lipstick was my favourite neutral, Hourglass Fawn. Today, I wore Nars Dolomites- I managed to find this a few days ago after assuming I'd waited too long and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Cheeks were Guerlain Red Hot + Guerlain Parure de Lumière. Lipstick was Nars Charlotte, which I'm just in love with. It's not entirely vampy, but still deep and intriguing, like a film noir heroine. So... 9 days in and so far I've managed to avoid repeating any lipsticks. only 356 days to go...
MAC is inconsistent in their lipsticks. You might have gotten a bad Rebel. Mine is really smooth and goes on like a dream. I have other MAC lipsticks, on the other hand, that people love that I can't get to work on me. Smoked Purple is almost impossible for me to apply, and I've seen other people apply their tube effortlessly. Oh, and Plum liner also looks nice all over the lips on top of a balm. I tried it that way a couple weeks ago after not using my plum liner in at least 6 months.

Dolly Snow

Rebel is such a mystery to me. SO many people love it- I finally bought it myself because I was persuaded. But it never seems to work on me. It always looks (and feels) dry and always seems to just sit on my lips like wax. When I was re-swatching all my lip products, I realised for (I think) the first time that I had bought Plum liner. I'd honestly blanked out any memory of the purchase. Thanks for giving me an idea how to use it. The last couple of days have involved two completely different looks: Yesterday I wore a combination of all the Mac Artificially Wild eye shadows, along with Shroom and Tarina Tarantino Sparkling Ammunition liner (shimmery olive green). In retrospect, I think I should have used fewer colours, but I fell in love with all of them. On the cheeks, I wore Pink Cult, Next to Skin and Perfect Topping and my lipstick was my favourite neutral, Hourglass Fawn. Today, I wore Nars Dolomites- I managed to find this a few days ago after assuming I'd waited too long and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Cheeks were Guerlain Red Hot + Guerlain Parure de Lumière. Lipstick was Nars Charlotte, which I'm just in love with. It's not entirely vampy, but still deep and intriguing, like a film noir heroine. So... 9 days in and so far I've managed to avoid repeating any lipsticks. only 356 days to go...
Rebel for me is slippery and really wet.

Medgal07

icon_eek.gif
)

Very nice Anneri---all of this talk about Rebel--I need to wear mine soon.

Medgal07

Thank you Shars!

heat.gif
yummy.gif
drools.gif
Very, very tempting. I'm trying to lasso my eyeshadow urges.

Medgal07

Rebel is such a mystery to me. SO many people love it- I finally bought it myself because I was persuaded. But it never seems to work on me. It always looks (and feels) dry and always seems to just sit on my lips like wax.

When I was re-swatching all my lip products, I realised for (I think) the first time that I had bought Plum liner. I'd honestly blanked out any memory of the purchase. Thanks for giving me an idea how to use it.

The last couple of days have involved two completely different looks:

Yesterday I wore a combination of all the Mac Artificially Wild eye shadows, along with Shroom and Tarina Tarantino Sparkling Ammunition liner (shimmery olive green). In retrospect, I think I should have used fewer colours, but I fell in love with all of them.

On the cheeks, I wore Pink Cult, Next to Skin and Perfect Topping and my lipstick was my favourite neutral, Hourglass Fawn.

Today, I wore Nars Dolomites- I managed to find this a few days ago after assuming I'd waited too long and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Cheeks were Guerlain Red Hot + Guerlain Parure de Lumière. Lipstick was Nars Charlotte, which I'm just in love with. It's not entirely vampy, but still deep and intriguing, like a film noir heroine.

So... 9 days in and so far I've managed to avoid repeating any lipsticks. only 356 days to go...
Again with Rebel. I had to look at my inventory document because I couldn't remember if I have-----well I do but I can't recall wearing it. Note to self now says--wear
Rebel soon!!!!

Your look sounds creative---I didn't get that gene---of that I am sure. My eye looks are just ok---your's are spectacular!

I love Charlotte too & I'm saving it to wear July 18---my mother's BD and her name is Charlotte.

This is going to be a very longgggggg year
thud.gif
A little secret.......I'm still buying lipstick on a regular basis!!!

MandyVanHook

Agreed, they are getting worse and worse with keeping up consistency. Especially on perm lipsticks.
Yep!
   [COLOR=0000FF]I'm definitely trying my Rebel this weekend---I'm intrigued.  I hope it's ok or B2M it goes![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR] :eek:hboy: [COLOR=0000FF]None of this makes any sense[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   They're too busy cranking out collections to be concerned about quality, control it seems.[/COLOR]
That's exactly what their problem is!

aradhana

wavey.gif
Hi Shars. I hope your Friday is going well!!! Nice lipstick line up Shars! I hope your skin settles down soon.

Again with Rebel. I had to look at my inventory document because I couldn't remember if I have-----well I do but I can't recall wearing it. Note to self now says--wear
Rebel soon!!!!

Your look sounds creative---I didn't get that gene---of that I am sure. My eye looks are just ok---your's are spectacular!

I love Charlotte too & I'm saving it to wear July 18---my mother's BD and her name is Charlotte.

This is going to be a very longgggggg year
thud.gif
A little secret.......I'm still buying lipstick on a regular basis!!!
little secret - i bought an hourglass lipstick today. :thud:
i was needing some retail therapy. so i just kinda decided. and when i tried it on at home....there are no regrets!
i purchased vintage, and the lipliner in empress. i like that the liner comes with a little brush on one end. now why doesn't evvvverybody do that? then you don't have to rummage around for your lip brush....
anyway, i only have a couple of hourglass products - one of the ambient light powders, and a foundation brush. so the lip products are a nice addition.

Latest posts