Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

Ben Nye powers are nice, but my oil breaks right through them, so they are just finishing powders/correctors for me. The lighter foundation is why I am experimenting with the silica, because I want to use something lighter and keep it on. I think I am over the ColorStay.
I'd love to hear how it works out for you. I'm open to using new products that solve problems.

MissTT

Medgal the MUFE HD powder is silica (they call it 100% mineral silica) as well as some other powders I've seen. We'll have to find out what sagehen uses.

Medgal07

Beautiful look, Sagehen. I love Haute Melon by Nyx. You just reminded me to bring that out.
Medgal, feel better soon! I hate dental work
jerkit.gif

I am purposely not wearing makeup as much this week due to my allergies which just causes more uneasiness/reactions when I have it on, so no look for me today either :(
Thanks much Vampy! Eating soft foods, including chocolate FF frozen yogurt---oh yum!

MissTT

I own the HD powder and didn't have any problems with it. I haven't tried a product just labeled 'silica' though. I didn't notice the HD powder to be particularly oil absorbing.

Here's a shot I snapped this morning wearing my pastel - Zestful.

sagehen

Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.
I have tried this one, Graftobian and Ben Nye, and I just use whatever the pro beauty supply near me has. Last week I bought some from NYX because it was on sale and it performs nicely. The best value for the buck is Graftobian or Coastal Scents. I had used the Coastal Scents in the past to make a primer with AV gel but am going to dig it up and compare as a finisher as well.

I like your Zestful look. I cannot get the ED e/s to work for me. None of the ED products, really.

VampyCouture

BEAUTIFUL, Miss TT!! I love that lip color on you!
eyelove.gif

I have the MUFE HD powder and I love it, but haven't reached for it since the Nars Reflecting Powder came around.

MissTT

sagehen you are always mixing up some potion. I envy you. Now I'm off to wash my hair of the coconut oil recipe you gave me.

I don't like EDES either and don't plan to buy them again. On me everything is just a bunch of shimmer. I have 4-5 and I regret them.

Medgal07

You look so pretty MissTT....just beautiful. I love the entire look, especially the lip color--very becoming!
sagehen you are always mixing up some potion. I envy you. Now I'm off to wash my hair of the coconut oil recipe you gave me.

I don't like EDES either and don't plan to buy them again. On me everything is just a bunch of shimmer. I have 4-5 and I regret them.

Medgal07

BEAUTIFUL, Miss TT!! I love that lip color on you!
eyelove.gif

I have the MUFE HD powder and I love it, but haven't reached for it since the Nars Reflecting Powder came around.
Oh Vampy I love the NARS LRP too. I need to use the powders that I have before adding anymore to my stash.

MissTT

Thanks sagehen, Vampy, and Medgal. Especially Vampy who recommended the lip color. It's the perfect everyday color for work. I wouldn't have even picked it up.

It's funny we're talking about MUFE vs NARS b/c I just handed my MUFE over to my daughter this morning. It's been collecting dust since I got my NARS and Ben Nye.

VampyCouture

Thanks sagehen, Vampy, and Medgal. Especially Vampy who recommended the lip color. It's the perfect everyday color for work. I wouldn't have even picked it up.

It's funny we're talking about MUFE vs NARS b/c I just handed my MUFE over to my daughter this morning. It's been collecting dust since I got my NARS and Ben Nye.
No problem! It looks amazing on you
pretty.gif

TXBeautyBaby

OT: But I wanted to know if you guys had any suggestion for a high-end mascara. I want to take advantage of the Nordstrom sale tomorrow. I know I want YSL Shocking and Estee Lauder's Magnascopic but I'm stumped on a third.

Prettypackages

Gorgio (?) Armani Eyes to Kill. Do you like Lancome? I bought their babydoll e/s and remember being impressed. A nice everyday mascara I liked was Chantecaille. this damn sale ALWAYS happens when I've paid down a chunk of bills. Sigh...

Prettypackages

I'm intrigued by this Silica powder.
I went out Saturday and my makeup just slid off of my face.
Sagehen, can I have the coconut oil recipe?

MissTT beautiful pic!!! I love sound of your looks. Have you found your neutral paintpot yet? If none of the ones you listed work, try Mac paint in bamboom. I used to love this and haven't bought it again b/c I keep getting swept up in LE items.
Bobbi Brown also makes a version of paint pots (long wear crem shadow), but I'm not all that familiar with the colors.

I haven't been doing pastels, but did a look I loved the other day.

Face:
Malaga TM
BB peach eye brightener (read up on this and saw that I need to pat it on and not swipe to blend. works better this way)
Caramel Concealer Nars
MUFE 14 concealer for the spots on my face.
ED blush Blazing Haute peach
EDSF Catch the wave OMG I LOVE this. I had superb on the other day and realize I don't like cool highlights on me.

Eyes
Indianwood paint pot with Handwritten in the crease
Nars Barrow street liner on the bottom eye (mint green)
regular black eyeliner

Lipstick
Haute Altitude Mac light pink.

aradhana

Pretty packages That sounds very pretty - when did catch the wave edsf come out? I think I missed that one. TX Beauty I haven't tried eyes to kill but heard good things about it. I like shu uemura mascara...I don't know what the formula was, except waterproof. It was really good - stayed put, very black, separated nicely. I bought it for my wedding, but normally I don't buy high end mascaras, so haven't repurchased.

MissTT

Face: Malaga TM
BB peach eye brightener (read up on this and saw that I need to pat it on and not swipe to blend. works better this way)
Caramel Concealer Nars
MUFE 14 concealer for the spots on my face.
ED blush Blazing Haute peach
EDSF Catch the wave OMG I LOVE this. I had superb on the other day and realize I don't like cool highlights on me.

Eyes
Indianwood paint pot with Handwritten in the crease
Nars Barrow street liner on the bottom eye (mint green)
regular black eyeliner

Lipstick
Haute Altitude Mac light pink.
What's your MAC coloring? I have BB Dark Peach corrector and was wondering if I need to try Peach instead. You're about to be my other skin twin. Sounds like you had a very natural look going on. I've been kind of doing the same thing this week. Tinted Moisturizer and Eclair PP on the eyes. Indianwood PP is so pretty from what I've seen. I haven't selected a lighter neutral PP yet. I've never heard of Bamboon. Is it LE?

Prettypackages

My SA recommended Lancome Hypnose Drama. I also picked up Armani ETK.

What's your MAC coloring? I have BB Dark Peach corrector and was wondering if I need to try Peach instead. You're about to be my other skin twin. Sounds like you had a very natural look going on. I've been kind of doing the same thing this week. Tinted Moisturizer and Eclair PP on the eyes. Indianwood PP is so pretty from what I've seen. I haven't selected a lighter neutral PP yet. I've never heard of Bamboon. Is it LE?
Bamboom (sorry I spelled it wrong) is a paint by Mac. They were popular before paint pots took over. I have always LOVED them more... but caught up in the paint pot wave. http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/mac-unsung-heroes-bamboom-paint/

I had to double check what I have and it is the dark peach brightening corrector in the wand. When I used the corrector it was dark peach as well. If you use peach and like it let me know.

Latest posts