Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Prettypackages

It's a struggle! But I'm trying to be focused on some long term goals I have so I can't be buying and splurging forever... especially when I really don't need any more makeup lol!

What I found what really helped me with my low-buy last year was planning ahead. I would look at all the new collections coming out and thought about getting just the stand-outs from those. That helped a lot.

It also helped not getting 'small' things like drugstore nailpolish, or other inexpensive items when I went shopping for other things and would just 'have a look'. Basically, I planned a lot of my spending. The only exception was skincare, and I'm kind of ok with that - although I have skincare favourites that I buy again and again, if I see a stellar review from a site/blog I trust, I'll likely go for it. I do a lot of research beforehand, though, to minimise any risks like my skin reacting to it.

Even with nailpolish, my not so secret vice, I got better - because I basically got bored. I've got a lot, and brands do come out rarely with something really unique.
GOod tips Anneri. It's time for me to stop splurging too. Or get a second job. ;-)

aradhana

What I found what really helped me with my low-buy last year was planning ahead. I would look at all the new collections coming out and thought about getting just the stand-outs from those. That helped a lot.

It also helped not getting 'small' things like drugstore nailpolish, or other inexpensive items when I went shopping for other things and would just 'have a look'. Basically, I planned a lot of my spending. The only exception was skincare, and I'm kind of ok with that - although I have skincare favourites that I buy again and again, if I see a stellar review from a site/blog I trust, I'll likely go for it. I do a lot of research beforehand, though, to minimise any risks like my skin reacting to it.

Even with nailpolish, my not so secret vice, I got better - because I basically got bored. I've got a lot, and brands do come out rarely with something really unique.

i wish there was still a thumbs up button!
thanks for the tips anneri!

are you ladies planning to get anything from the flamingo collection? i love flamingoes, and it looks like a nice collection, but i think a lot of the colours are similar to stuff i have already, so i'm going to try and be careful about my purchases.

Prettypackages

I want it all! LOL I honestly don't know. I agree that a lot of it looks similar. I need to go to the store to see it.

are you ladies planning to get anything from the flamingo collection? i love flamingoes, and it looks like a nice collection, but i think a lot of the colours are similar to stuff i have already, so i'm going to try and be careful about my purchases.

Shars

I really like the blush colours and some of the lipsticks but I'm trying to better about buying stuff this year so I'll probably be passing on this one.

Anneri

I wish for that a lot, too! ;)

You're very welcome.

The Flamingo LE definitely looks very tempting, but I'll skip, I guess - I don't wear pink that often, and I'm already planning for the Chris Chang collection.
I also dyed my hair purple last weekend, and consequently had to buy a lot of hair products - ohmygosh purple is so high maintanance! And I'm not a hair person either, so I went to that experiment quite naively. But I love it, so all's good. (Albeit expensive.)

aradhana

I want it all! LOL I honestly don't know. I agree that a lot of it looks similar. I need to go to the store to see it.

I really like the blush colours and some of the lipsticks but I'm trying to better about buying stuff this year so I'll probably be passing on this one.

I wish for that a lot, too! ;)

You're very welcome.

The Flamingo LE definitely looks very tempting, but I'll skip, I guess - I don't wear pink that often, and I'm already planning for the Chris Chang collection.
I also dyed my hair purple last weekend, and consequently had to buy a lot of hair products - ohmygosh purple is so high maintanance! And I'm not a hair person either, so I went to that experiment quite naively. But I love it, so all's good. (Albeit expensive.)

I ended up getting a whole lot more than I had even planned.two blushes ,four lipsticks,one bp, eye-shadow palette. I could almost have ordered more butihad to hold myself back!

Anneri- purple hair! It must look amazing! But so true about maintenance. Reds and purples take so much maintenance!

Shars

I ended up getting a whole lot more than I had even planned.two blushes ,four lipsticks,one bp, eye-shadow palette. I could almost have ordered more butihad to hold myself back!

Anneri- purple hair! It must look amazing! But so true about maintenance. Reds and purples take so much maintenance!

Wow haha! Go you! Which blushes did you get? The blushes are so beautiful! I may limit myself to just the one called Oh My! I have nothing like that in my stash.

aradhana

Wow haha! Go you! Which blushes did you get? The blushes are so beautiful! I may limit myself to just the one called Oh My! I have nothing like that in my stash.

i got life's a picnic and Oh My! i also don't have anything like them in my stash.

I love flamingoes. i keep reading that in people's posts, and i was wondering how did they know?

I especially have always wished that someone would get me those birthday telegram wishes where they cover your lawn in pink plastic flamingoes...unfortunately my birthday falls in the dead of winter, so most people are not thinking flamingo at that time!

i think my overall purchase was a panic purchase...i forgot my cell at home, and got worried everything was going to sell out. so at lunch, i quickly made my purchase from the office, but felt too rushed...anyway, i'm sure i'll like most of it. the only item i'm not sure about is the beauty powder...it could be just ho-hum and noticeable on my skintone. but then, alpha girl could have turned out that way but i actually quite like it!

sagehen

Y'all it's February 1, and we need a theme. I need to shop my stash. My no buy has gone out the window and I keep wearing the SAME taupe e/s, neutral blush and bright or vampy lips. I never thought bright or vampy would become so BORING lol. HELP

Shars

Y'all it's February 1, and we need a theme. I need to shop my stash. My no buy has gone out the window and I keep wearing the SAME taupe e/s, neutral blush and bright or vampy lips. I never thought bright or vampy would become so BORING lol. HELP

I was thinking we need to revamp this thread for real. Everyone (myself included) is so quiet! And where is Meddy!! I realised I spent wayyyy too much money on makeup last year alone! Like I knew I spent money but when I sat down and calculated.... it was ridiculous! So I'm fully committed to shopping my stash! I pulled out my Armani Eye Tints and I'll be using them this week paired with some MAC favourite lipsticks that I haven't shown love to in a long time. I've been wearing the same few liquid matte lipsticks over and over and many no-eyeshadow days. What should our new theme be Sage?

Anneri

Yay, let's revamp the thread! I'm in!!!

I'm totally drawing a blank though at the theme. February is such an uninspiring month! Not yet spring, but winter is somehow over (or I'm over winter?). Do you all want to go for a colour scheme, or something like 'spring garden', 'urban landscapes', something like that?

Shars

Yay, let's revamp the thread! I'm in!!!

I'm totally drawing a blank though at the theme. February is such an uninspiring month! Not yet spring, but winter is somehow over (or I'm over winter?). Do you all want to go for a colour scheme, or something like 'spring garden', 'urban landscapes', something like that?

I'm thinking more a colour scheme. Like how we would do red week, blue week, etc. I'm open to other options, though.

Shars

Yes to the above - I would love some color inspiration. And yes, where IS MedGal? @Shars - you read my mind with that.

Something like primary colours? Red, yellow, blue, and one week black/white?

Any colours, really. I remember one time we did greens, then we did orange/peach. That kind of thing. Would be interesting to do primary colours though! I don't think we did that combination last year!

Prettypackages

I stalked Meddy and she is good. She misses us. She had to take a break to take care of some things and we all know how the board can distract us. LOL

It's my bday Month! THat's all the inspiration we need. ;-) LOL I love color themes. SO I'm down. Should we go really bright to break us out of our ruts?

Latest posts