Theme Makeup with a Purpose

PixieDancer

Hello sweeties!! I wanted to pop in and say hello! Long time, no chat! I have done such a great job on my low-buy I didn't want to be too tempted by lurking around Specktra. But I'd love to jump back in on some challenges to help me shop my stash!
I unearthed a healthy collection of the MUFE Artist Shadows, so I may try to JUST use those this week, instead of defaulting to my go-to staples. As great as these shadows are, I really need to make them more a part of my every week makeup!

Any challenge or theme ideas for this week??

awickedshape

Hello sweeties!! I wanted to pop in and say hello! Long time, no chat! I have done such a great job on my low-buy I didn't want to be too tempted by lurking around Specktra. But I'd love to jump back in on some challenges to help me shop my stash!
I unearthed a healthy collection of the MUFE Artist Shadows, so I may try to JUST use those this week, instead of defaulting to my go-to staples. As great as these shadows are, I really need to make them more a part of my every week makeup!

Any challenge or theme ideas for this week??

Nice to see you!

PixieDancer

Nice to see you!

Hey Pixie. I don't have any challenge ideas I've just been trying to practice and use my palettes to see how I like them.

Hi girlies! I think I'll just do my "MUFE Artist Shadows Challenge" since it's a lot like your palette task prettypackages! Working with your palettes is a good idea. I have done that several times; mostly for travel. Trying to see if a palette is well-edited and useful as a stand alone. If I have to incorporate a bunch of other shadows to make a palette work, that's usually when I let it go. That's why I got so hooked on the new MUFE shadows! I'm finding I'd rather track down specific shades I love and build my own palettes than try to work with pre-made palettes if they have too many duds.

Prettypackages

That's actually a good barometer to help me decide on these. I bought a few of the MAC palettes when they were on sale, (now they have been permanently reduced) but I hadn't had a chance to use them. I can't tell if it is me or if they are stiff and hard to blend. We'll see. I was just thinking about buying some of the MUFE singles.

PixieDancer

That's actually a good barometer to help me decide on these. I bought a few of the MAC palettes when they were on sale, (now they have been permanently reduced) but I hadn't had a chance to use them. I can't tell if it is me or if they are stiff and hard to blend. We'll see. I was just thinking about buying some of the MUFE singles.

I will ALWAYS have a spot in my makup-loving heart for MAC, but I HAVE to tell you.. these new MUFE Artist Shadows are on a whole other level! I actually have to make myself not pick up so much product with my brush because I'm so used to having to dig my brush and go back several times with my MAC and UD shadows sometimes to build up and blend my looks. I just want to get more familiar with the ones I have and use them more regularly. Instead of just using one or 2 and then defaulting to my usual blending, highlighting, and transition shades.

I completely undertand your frustration with the MAC palettes. I've found I have been mostly disappointed with any MAC pre-made palettes. Even if it's a great value per shadow, they HAVE to be travel-friendly and all-inclusive for them to be of use to me. If I have to grab other singles to make them work, then the efficiency of a pre-made palette is gone. If a pre-made palette doesn't make my life easier, I'd rather reach for things I KNOW 100% that I love! I have actually been having some fun with my stash pulling shadows I want to play with or try and building my own temporary palettes. That way I can always transition them and rotate new things in my temp palettes from my stash to spread the love.

Also... I see in your signature that you are looking for a BU Blazing Haute blush... I have one that I swear I've used maybe 3 times! If you want it. I can't imagine I'd miss it if I haven't reached for it more!

awickedshape

I've been using the left shade from the Gucci Fume eyeshadow duo a lot recently.
I used it with TF Last Dance and Chanel Tisse Rivoli and yesterday with TF Raw Jade and MAC Mocha.
I am eagerly awaiting more TF quads of that LD quality as the present colours aren't piquing my interest.
I should try to use my Gucci Ocean Rhapsody soon.

20160503_180743.jpg

Mocha

20160503_181030.jpg

awickedshape

Just can't get a good pic of Cle de Peau's Cosmic Aura today! The lighting there or my camera settings... gah!
Wore it with MAC Viva Glam V.

20160504_171041.jpg

NaomiH

Hi, Naomi!
You're too kind!
Trying to use up some stuff :hehe:

I feel you on that one! I'm quite proud of myself that I finished up a blush,have hit pan on another and have hit pan on my Ambient powder. Slowly but surely, I'm working my way through some things.

awickedshape

Wednesday I used Gucci Ocean Rhapsody quad with Givenchy le rouge lipstick in Brun Cachemire, Thursday was Chanel Tisse Vénitien and CL Just Nothing velvet matte lipstick.
I was thinking that TF Last Dance would usurp Burberry Gold no.25 as my favourite eyeshadow palette but I wore it today with NARS Rita and it's still in first place lol
Brightened me up!

20160511_151201.jpg

20160513_172022.jpg

20160513_172424.jpg

awickedshape

Monday I used the buttah-soft Guerlain Brownie and Clyde eyeshadow monos all over the lid instead of in the crease with Chanel Tisse Rivoli and TF Coco Ravish.
Yesterday was Gucci Crystal Copper eyeshadow quad with the sheer voice Rouge Louboutin lipstick.
And today I used Arista Golden Olive eyeshadow duo with TF Raw Jade in the crease, browbone and inner corners of the eyes and Louboutin Escatin sheer voile lipstick.

20160518_202709.jpg

Escatin

20160518_202027.jpg

Prettypackages

So, I decided to take my pre-made palettes back. They were fine, but I'd rather create my own. Your guideline helped b/c I had to reach into other palettes for my transition color.

I will ALWAYS have a spot in my makup-loving heart for MAC, but I HAVE to tell you.. these new MUFE Artist Shadows are on a whole other level! I actually have to make myself not pick up so much product with my brush because I'm so used to having to dig my brush and go back several times with my MAC and UD shadows sometimes to build up and blend my looks. I just want to get more familiar with the ones I have and use them more regularly. Instead of just using one or 2 and then defaulting to my usual blending, highlighting, and transition shades.

I completely undertand your frustration with the MAC palettes. I've found I have been mostly disappointed with any MAC pre-made palettes. Even if it's a great value per shadow, they HAVE to be travel-friendly and all-inclusive for them to be of use to me. If I have to grab other singles to make them work, then the efficiency of a pre-made palette is gone. If a pre-made palette doesn't make my life easier, I'd rather reach for things I KNOW 100% that I love! I have actually been having some fun with my stash pulling shadows I want to play with or try and building my own temporary palettes. That way I can always transition them and rotate new things in my temp palettes from my stash to spread the love.

Also... I see in your signature that you are looking for a BU Blazing Haute blush... I have one that I swear I've used maybe 3 times! If you want it. I can't imagine I'd miss it if I haven't reached for it more!

Prettypackages

Wednesday I used Gucci Ocean Rhapsody quad with Givenchy le rouge lipstick in Brun Cachemire, Thursday was Chanel Tisse Vénitien and CL Just Nothing velvet matte lipstick.
I was thinking that TF Last Dance would usurp Burberry Gold no.25 as my favourite eyeshadow palette but I wore it today with NARS Rita and it's still in first place lol
Brightened me up!

View attachment 54170

View attachment 54171

I love this one. This color is so pretty on you!

Latest posts