Theme Makeup with a Purpose

awickedshape

:hot: :eyelove: :bowdown: Wow, you ladies have been killing it with your looks! Thank you for sharing all the pics and looks! You all look lovely as usual. I've been somewhat on theme, but work and Chinese lessons are killing me (learning Chinese is hard!) so I've been lurking a lot lately. Today I decided to go all out did it all - contouring, highlighting, you name it, I did it (I stopped short of false lashes though because I've to go to Chinese class later). FACE: Armani Crema Nuda DIY Maybelline Fit me Concealer (under eyes) Bare Minerals concealer (blemishes) Kiko Contouring pencil set (a handy little set with two chubbies - a bronzer and a highlighter in chubby stick form) Anastasia brow pomade Nars translucent powder MAC EB At Dusk EYES: UDPP The Naked 3 dupe by Makeup Revolution. A bronzey gold all over the lid, a taupe in the crease, the darkest shade in the outer v and a soft, light taupe as a transition shade. Happy I bought only the dupe and not the UD version, because I don't particularly like it on me. Lots of black liner (EL), lots of black mascara (Catrice) A tiny bit of the Kiko highlighter mentioned above under browbone and on the inner corners LIPS: P2 suggest honesty (that's the bown one I posted a pic of a few pages back), but it's too brown for the look - will wear Huggable in Out for Passion when I head out later.
Wow, you're learning Mandarin? Awesome. Have you already moved?
  Hello pretty lady. It's always nice to see your beautiful eyes. Chanel Tisse Mademoiselle and TF Coco Ravish are a hit on you. Smart choice.
Thank you so much @Vandekamp :flower:   :blush:
  :haha:  The aim is to use what we have and then we share with others, if we can so we can inspire each other to use forgotten items etc. Right now, our theme challenge is to do fall colours in our looks. So oranges, greens, browns, etc. Whatever fall says to you hehe. BTW: Are we still on our one lipstick a day challenge... I have sooo fallen off the wagon with that one but I have been more or less making a note on my list of what I've worn for the year. I'm going to do a cull at year end!
Oooh, nice! eta I've done well with that but it's hard to let go of my MAC stuff lol I got as far as to moving the "glasses" to a storage box but still kept them lol I might give away my blushes, still debating.

Marsha Pomells

I want to do a challenge in the new year. Seeing that I own quite a few pigments, is maybe I could try and make a custom colour gloss or something. They're just sitting there gathering dust unless I do decide to make a change from the lipsticks I own.

mkoparanova

Thanks @Shars, always helpful
friends.gif
!

What sparked @Prettypackages to tell me about the thread is because we were in the MAC BBW thread and I said I would wear Summer Opal today because I haven't worn it since it launched. I wore it today along with Pure Heroine. I also wanted to give that another chance after getting it at a CCO earlier this year and not really caring for it...plus we've been discussing it in other threads.

Eyes are Fall'ish I guess. It's ABH Tamanna (Sangria) & World Traveler Palettes (Metallic in inner corners, Morocco on brow bone and Chic as brow highlight).
Blush is MAC JP Linda.

Heavy eyes and lips. I'm probably going to put on Stone or Pillowtalk now. I just wanted to say I wore PH today
girlhaha.gif

I've been kind of trying to do the one lipstick a day on my own simply because I know I have too many. I've been trying to go back to older stuff from like a year ago, etc.
Welcome to the thread! I love your eyebrows!

montREALady

Beautiful! I love the eye makeup and the glow
eyelove.gif

These colours look great on you! How are the Gucci eyeshadows? I don't have anything from the line, I'm scared to order because I can't find a lot of swatches and reviews.

Good luck with the Chinese! I've been meaning to ask you how you make the Crema nuda?

Thanks!!

Prettypackages

I want to do a challenge in the new year. Seeing that I own quite a few pigments, is maybe I could try and make a custom colour gloss or something. They're just sitting there gathering dust unless I do decide to make a change from the lipsticks I own.
LoL Love your new avi!
I think you should, I bet it would be a lot of fun.

ICE, how do you like the BBrown serum concealer?

Anneri

Beautiful! I love the eye makeup and the glow
eyelove.gif

These colours look great on you! How are the Gucci eyeshadows? I don't have anything from the line, I'm scared to order because I can't find a lot of swatches and reviews.

Good luck with the Chinese! I've been meaning to ask you how you make the Crema nuda?

Thank you Maggie! I've the exact 'recipe' on the blog, but basically I mix a bit of foundation, a hydrating serum, a bit of face primer, something for the glow like Lustre Drops and then a bit of moisturizer. Works like a charm. I apply it over sunscreen with my beautyblender and love it.

mkoparanova

Yeah, hubby and I started to learn Mandarin. It's soooooo hard! (Well, no surprise there, honestly.) We'll move next spring. No definite date yet.

Thank you Maggie! I've the exact 'recipe' on the blog, but basically I mix a bit of foundation, a hydrating serum, a bit of face primer, something for the glow like Lustre Drops and then a bit of moisturizer. Works like a charm. I apply it over sunscreen with my beautyblender and love it.
Thank you! I usually mix my foundation with Chanel Sunkissed but I'll add more stuff next time
lol.gif

Marsha Pomells

LoL Love your new avi!    I think you should, I bet it would be a lot of fun.  ICE, how do you like the BBrown serum concealer?    
Thanks. I've had fun trying to recreate Spanish Fly, using Blue Brown pigment. Will take a photo, next time my wear Blue Brown again. Plus, I've been using the Le Disko shadows for that extra dazzle on the lips.

Medgal07

Didn't have any trouble going with the theme today. It was a slightly windy and we had a patchy sky, but it was generally a nice autumn day, so the colour palette just felt right.

Face:
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation 1.0
Diorskin Nude Perfecting Concealer 001
YSL Touche Éclat Shade 2 "Luminous Ivory"
Dior blush 566 "Brown Milly"
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow (light-medium)

Eyes:
Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize cream shadow "Veruschka"
Mac e/s "Dazzlelight"
Urban Decay 24/7 e/l "Perversion" (used on water lines)
YSL Effet Faux Cils e/l "Gold Star" (used on lower lash line"
YSL Effet Faux Cils mascara Baby Doll

Lips:
Guerlain Rouge G l/s "Gipsy"

Weird thing I noticed today: I always consider Gipsy to be a deep pumpkin orange, but with the lower light and the deeper colours I was wearing, it looked almost too bright for the rest of the look. I felt surprised every time I caught a glimpse of myself. Guess I'll have to re-evaluate that shade.
Love you product & color choices here Katred - especially Veruschka & Brown Milly & Gipsy!!!! Maybe the subduedness of BM made Gipsy seem brighter on you in this look.

Lovely!!!
Thanks !!!!!
friends.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by awickedshape

Today is the left shade from the Gucci Fume duo with the Gucci Agate duo in the inner corner and crease. No lipstick yet but probably TF Coco Ravish ♡ again or CL Zoulou matte

LOVE this look---especially the crease definition---and you just have amazing eyes!!!!!

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
The aim is to use what we have and then we share with others, if we can so we can inspire each other to use forgotten items etc. Right now, our theme challenge is to do fall colours in our looks. So oranges, greens, browns, etc. Whatever fall says to you hehe.

BTW: Are we still on our one lipstick a day challenge... I have sooo fallen off the wagon with that one but I have been more or less making a note on my list of what I've worn for the year. I'm going to do a cull at year end!
Shars is NOT telling the whole truth. There is a degree of enabling that goes on here too
girlhaha.gif
I have proof!!! It's interesting that seeing products that someone uses
reminds us that we have and love those products too, and the good thing is we start to then use them again. There's no pressure and the whole intent of the
challenges is to have fun and share with each other!!

I think most of us have fallen off that lipstick challenge---it was just way to hard to wear a favorite lipstick once and not touch it again for an entire year. I've pretty much
abandoned that challenge. Huge fail for me!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Marsha Pomells

I came here because of the link was posted on BBW thread. In need of some new ideas
wavey.gif
th_hello.gif
As the thread starter I'd like to WELCOME ALL of our new comers
th_hello.gif
wavey.gif

I hope you get lots of ideas and I hope you'll share some with the group too!!!

Shars

Thanks and great to see you as always Anneri
th_DANCE.gif
​You're in a huge challenge learning Chinese----I had faith you'll master it!!!
​ Love the bronzy look you constructed!!!

Just join in---our FALL THEME might be a bit of a challenge with >70 degree temps this week though.
You can post the products that you use in your looks along with a photo if you're so inclined. If the products you're using are not widely known products, a color notation would be helpful.

Shars is NOT telling the whole truth. There is a degree of enabling that goes on here too
girlhaha.gif
I have proof!!! It i interesting that seeing products that someone uses reminds us that we have and
love that product too, and the good thing is we start to then use it again. There's no pressure and the whole intent of the challenges is to have fun and share with each other!!

I think most of us have fallen off that lipstick challenge---it was just way to hard to wear a favorite lipstick once and not touch it again for an entire year. I've pretty much abandoned that challenge.

wavey.gif
th_hello.gif
As the thread starter I'd like to WELCOME ALL of our new comers and hope that you get lots of ideas and share some with the group too!!!!
th_hello.gif
wavey.gif
Isn't enabling the art of Specktra? loool

sagehen

:haha:  The aim is to use what we have and then we share with others, if we can so we can inspire each other to use forgotten items etc. Right now, our theme challenge is to do fall colours in our looks. So oranges, greens, browns, etc. Whatever fall says to you hehe. BTW: Are we still on our one lipstick a day challenge... I have sooo fallen off the wagon with that one but I have been more or less making a note on my list of what I've worn for the year. I'm going to do a cull at year end!
I am, kinda, sorta. I am making sure to use lipsticks as soon as I buy them lol! Really though, this way I know immediately what I like and what will go in a RAOK box (I have been pretty good this year and not much has gone in the box. Just a few things that I called myself "making them work". The MAC ones are going into the B2M pile and the others are going into the RAOK box). And I am making efforts to pull out lipsticks I have not worn in awhile.

awickedshape

Beautiful! I love the eye makeup and the glow :eyelove: These colours look great on you! How are the Gucci eyeshadows? I don't have anything from the line, I'm scared to order because I can't find a lot of swatches and reviews. Good luck with the Chinese! I've been meaning to ask you how you make the Crema nuda?  Welcome to the thread! I love your eyebrows! 
Hi Thank you [@]mkoparanova[/@]! The lid colour (Gucci Fume duo left shade) is unusual and really nice to apply. I also like the Agate duo but the green is so pigmented that I have to be careful. The Ocean Rhapsody quad is really good and the Ultraviolet mono is not as nice on me as on the blogger Monsiieur Alex :sigh: I've posted links in the Gucci thread. The lipstick swatches are scarce!
Welcome ladies!!!   *throws up confetti*  Montrealady, thanks for explaining! :)  You definitely know how to rock a highlighter. 
For real [@]montREALady[/@]!
  [COLOR=0000FF] Thanks Naomi![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  Love you product & color choices here Katred - especially Veruschka & Brown Milly & Gipsy!!!!    Maybe the subduedness of BM made Gipsy seem brighter on you in this look.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  Yes---the bane of my existence.[/COLOR]:haha:   [COLOR=0000FF] Thanks !!!!![/COLOR]:frenz: [COLOR=0000FF]  LOVE this look---especially the crease definition---and you just have amazing eyes!!!!![/COLOR]
Lol Thank you, Stunner :blush: :blush:

awickedshape

Yeah, hubby and I started to learn Mandarin. It's soooooo hard! (Well, no surprise there, honestly.) We'll move next spring. No definite date yet. Thank you Maggie! I've the exact 'recipe' on the blog, but basically I mix a bit of foundation, a hydrating serum, a bit of face primer, something for the glow like Lustre Drops and then a bit of moisturizer. Works like a charm. I apply it over sunscreen with my beautyblender and love it.
That's so exciting! What a big change!

montREALady

iagree.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by awickedshape

Hi
Thank you @mkoparanova!
The lid colour (Gucci Fume duo left shade) is unusual and really nice to apply. I also like the Agate duo but the green is so pigmented that I have to be careful. The Ocean Rhapsody quad is really good and the Ultraviolet mono is not as nice on me as on the blogger Monsiieur Alex
sigh.gif

I've posted links in the Gucci thread. The lipstick swatches are scarce!
For real @montREALady!
Lol

Thank you, Stunner
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
Thanks all!!
friends.gif
heart.gif
The highlighting is ALLLLL Specktra's fault. I used to do minor accenting of the cheekbones before but now I'm full out slathering the stuff on me, lolll! I used to only have a couple, now I have...ummm...
blush-anim-cl.gif

NaomiH

[COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]EYES:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]UDPP Anti Aging Formula [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Guerlain Ors et Merveilles Eye & Blush Palette, Holiday 2015[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]     Medium Brown to lids[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]     Dark Brown to crease & lower lash line[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]     Champagne Gold to transition[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Estée Lauder 5 Tone Shimmer Powder, Bronze Shimmer (Multi Color)[/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE] [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]to highlight brow and[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] inner corners[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Dipdown to upper  lash lines  [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Stylo Eye Liner, Ardent to waterline[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]Giorgio Armani Eye & Brow Maestro to fill brows[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]FACE[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat’[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Blur Primer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint Healthy Glow Fluid Foundation, Meyon [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]mixed w/ Charlotte Tilbury [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Wonderglow[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR] Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate #2, Shade only, set w/ Laura Mercier Baked Blush Bronzer,  [COLOR=0000FF]Ritual [/COLOR](bronze w/pink shimmer) [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Prep & Prime Eye Highlighter, Bright Forecast in small triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder,  Banana Visage[/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate Duo Intensity #2 shade portion only, as base for Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [COLOR=0000FF]Estée Lauder 5 Tone Shimmer Powder, [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Bronze Shimmer[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] (Multi Color)[COLOR=EE82EE] [/COLOR]to highlight facial high planes[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush, Alézane (Rust) 260[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Mystery Powder, Dark Secret to set foundation[/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Les Beiges [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Healthy Glow Multi Colour Powder Mariniere 02 to finish[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]MAC Fix + Lavender Makeup Setting Spray[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE][COLOR=0000FF]LIPS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Aqua Crayon Lip Colour Stick, Cinnamon[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Rouge Allure Intense, Inspirée 164[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]NAILS:[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][COLOR=0000FF]Chanel Rose Fusion 757 - See swatches here:   [/COLOR]http://www.temptalia.com/product/chanel-le-vernis-nail-colour/rose-fusion-757[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR]
VA VA VA VOOM Meddy! Gorgeous as always :heart:

awickedshape

Thanks all!! :frenz: :heart:  The highlighting is ALLLLL Specktra's fault. I used to do minor accenting of the cheekbones before but now I'm full out slathering the stuff on me, lolll! I used to only have a couple, now I have...ummm...:blush:
I can relate re: eyeshadow and lipstick!!

Latest posts