Theme Makeup with a Purpose

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]   Hey pretty eyes!!!!  What do you think of Chanel SP?   That's funny about TJT---which one did you purchase?  Did it oxidize on you?[/COLOR]   :haha: [COLOR=0000FF]Yeah---you could put you glasses on, look like the sexy librarian and people would just think you're there to watch the movie for [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]research.[/COLOR]
Hey, Stunner! Re: SP the taupe and pale pink shades take a few more passes than usual to build up and the plum shade is not as vibrant on me but overall all the shades work perfectly together. I'm glad I got it! I used the medium shade in Terracotta Joli Teint and it was darker than my skin tone but gave it a lovely, even coverage and warmth. It wasn't off from my neck but the ingredients were not good for me.

Medgal07

I used the medium shade in Terracotta Joli Teint and it was darker than my skin tone but gave it a lovely, even coverage and warmth. It wasn't off from my neck but the ingredients were not good for me.
girlhaha.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
I'm glad you're working with and liking Chanel SP
thmbup.gif

I have the GJT but it oxidized on me once---I think it was in combo with something else that I had used. I wear it occasionally---trying to use that and some
others up. I hope you can find something that's agreeable w/your skin. That must be so frustrating for you!!!! Right now I'm loving Armani, and backed it up
w/their current sale.

Medgal07

Gucci Guilty
I love the way you showed the one base look with two different lipsticks. I really like both but if you forced me to pick one it would be the bright lip.
It softens the look---------and can I say one more time---------Your skin is phenomenal!!!!

awickedshape

:haha:  :blush:  [COLOR=0000FF]I'm glad you're working with and liking Chanel SP[/COLOR]:bigthumb:           [COLOR=0000FF]         I have the GJT but it oxidized on me once---I think it was in combo with something else that I had used.  I wear it occasionally---trying to use that and some[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]                   others up.  I hope you can find [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]something that's agreeable w/your skin.  That must be so frustrating  for you!!!!  Right now I'm loving Armani, and backed it up[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]                   w/their current sale.[/COLOR]
:)

Icecaramellatte

th_hug.gif
Thanks Naomi

I haven't explored or purchased any of the newer MAC products----tell me about MAC Waterweight----is it the
consistency of MAC F & B???? Sounds like a great "light" look.

Oops----I though it was peachy--yel pink maybe? It's pretty and you're right!!!! I want it to play a bigger part in
my look next time.

Waterweight is nice and light. I can't compare it to F&B. I squeeze out a drop of both colors and use the new Mac brush like the Chanel one and tap on my face. I had pictures to take today so I did 1 and 1/4 drop of each and built it up a bit. Looked like a nice fresh glow. I do feel I need to powder my T-zone. Well really just down my nose. I did powder all over today since I wanted a very finished look for pics. BTW I still haven't used the Chanel brush I bought. I got the Mac and the Wayne Goss one around the same time. I used the Wayne Goss with some other new foundations I had bought and naturally used the Mac one with the Waterweight. So what to use the Chanel brush with? I don't know yet.

Yes, you are probably right that the Chanel Automne shade is more of a peach. Looks great on the lid with the bronze color in the crease.

Icecaramellatte

I didn't do much eye wise but had to post since I wore one my CL lipsticks for the first time and it just screamed fall.

Face
Mac Waterweight equal mix of NC 44 and 45
Becca eye brightener
Becca concealers in Toffee and Treacle
Sacha powder in buttercup under eye
Nars Mountain Loose Powder all over face

Brows
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown

Eyes
Mac Eclair paint pot - tried and true for an out the door look
Tom Ford liquid liner on upper lash line
UD Perversion tightline
Chanel mascara in noir

Cheeks
Mac Bad Girl Gone Good blush
Mac Shaft of Gold highlighter

Lips
Christian Louboutin Farida lipstick

Nails
Zoya Yuna - bluish green gray color with gold shimmer - gorgeous but ready for a change already

Clothes
Black dress

Scent
YSL Black Opium

MzBrownBeauty

Fall look?...is that the theme btw? Did a lot with the eyes (berries/burgundy/gold) and blush (cranberry'ish) so went with a neutral lip.
FACE -EL Illuminating Primer mixed with Becca Topaz SSP liquid -Becca Undereye brightener -EL Doublewear foundation in Rich Chestnut applied with a BB -Concealer under eyes- Nars Radiant Creamy in Amande -Setting powder under eyes- Ruby Kisses banana -Finishing Powder all over- Black Radiance Soft Focus in Bronze -Highlighter- ABH Starlight -Blush- MAC A Little Lusty from their MACnificent Me Collection -MAC Fix + in Yuzu -NYX Matte Setting Spray EYES -Brows- MAC Embark shadow for shape and fill. Outlined with NYX Wonder Pencil in Deep then blended out. NYX Brow Mascara in Espresso for grooming -UDPP -Shadow: ColourPop Nillionaire on the lid, Anastasia Beverly Hills Sangria from their Tamanna (@dressyourface) Palette in the crease, then Deep Plum from their Amrezy Palette on outer corners and Bellini from their World Traveler Palette as brow highlight, Morocco on brow bone/transition and Chic in inner corners -Bottom lash-line: Sephora Retractable Waterproof in Classic Black -Mascara- Smashbox Full Exposure in Jet Black (?) (got in my latest Ipsy) LIPS -Chapstick Hydration Lock (lightly) -MAC P&P Lip -MAC Naturally Transformed. Love this color! I brought MAC Girl On Board Lipglass from their Wash & Dry collection to try on top later -NYX Nude Beige Lip Liner NAILS Pic here

montREALady

I took a screen shot of the products you used! Will be trying this look out & im gonna have to pick up the black radiance soft focus powder! Beautiful your face looks flawless!
Thanks a lot. That stuff is awesome! [@]pinkcrush[/@] told me about it months ago and I stalked it! I have Creamy Bronze Finish and Milk Chocolate Finish which is a little darker. There are YT vids on it too. I'm hitting pan on the Creamy Bronze. I should get another just in case.

Medgal07

Waterweight is nice and light. I can't compare it to F&B. I squeeze out a drop of both colors and use the new Mac brush like the Chanel one and tap on my face. I had pictures to take today so I did 1 and 1/4 drop of each and built it up a bit. Looked like a nice fresh glow. I do feel I need to powder my T-zone. Well really just down my nose. I did powder all over today since I wanted a very finished look for pics. BTW I still haven't used the Chanel brush I bought. I got the Mac and the Wayne Goss one around the same time. I used the Wayne Goss with some other new foundations I had bought and naturally used the Mac one with the Waterweight. So what to use the Chanel brush with? I don't know yet.

Yes, you are probably right that the Chanel Automne shade is more of a peach. Looks great on the lid with the bronze color in the crease.
Thanks Ice!!! I also got both the MAC & Chanel brush and love them both for applying foundation. The Mac brush is a tad larger than the Chanel one. You might find it
easier to use the Chanel brush w/concealer but I like it for both concealer & foundation. I was so enamored that I got two of each.

I'll have to try that peach and bronze look.

Medgal07

heart.gif

I didn't do much eye wise but had to post since I wore one my CL lipsticks for the first time and it just screamed fall.

Face
Becca eye brightener

Brows

Eyes
UD Perversion tightline
Chanel mascara in noir

Cheeks

Lips

Nails
Zoya Yuna - bluish green gray color with gold shimmer - gorgeous but ready for a change already

Clothes
Black dress

Scent
YSL Black Opium
Awesome!!!! How do you like Farida???? I think @awickedshape has that one too!!!!

mkoparanova

Face
Becca eye brightener

Brows

Eyes
UD Perversion tightline
Chanel mascara in noir

Cheeks

Lips

Nails

Clothes
Black dress

Scent
YSL Black Opium

So many sweet stuff in your look - toffee, buttercup, eclair and topped with YSL Black Opium
girlhaha.gif
It sounds very warm and autumn-y!

Quote: Originally Posted by awickedshape

Repeat of Chanel Signe Particulier eyeshadow quad (no mascara) with CL Me Nude lipstick

Beautiful!

mkoparanova

I'm really happy that more people joined and thread is moving much faster
pompom.gif

My look from yesterday:

Face:

MAC Fix+
CT Miracle wand 2
CT Magic foundation 3 + Revlon Colorstay 230
Laura Mercier Ritual
D&G Tan
MAC Summer opal
Chanel poudre universelle libre 20
MAC Fix+

Eyes:

UDPP
Chanel Rouge noir ido
Too Faced Chocolate bar - Milk chocolate in the crease
Too Faced Semi-sweet chocolate bar - Mousse, Coconut creme - crease and brow highlight
CT colour chameleon Dark pearl on the lower lash line
Chanel Signe Particulier - burgundy to darken the outer 1/3 of the lower lash line
MAC Vanilla pigment - inner corner and brow arch
Chanel Rouge noir liner
Chanel Le volume Rouge noir
Brows: TF Unabashed - taupe; ABH dipbrow pomade taupe; ABH clear gel

Lips:

Colourpop Tootsi liner - not the best match, the NP is very taupe-y, so I assumed the lipstick will be the same, but it's not
CL Me nude

Nails:
CL Me nude

Perfume:
Guerlain La petite robe noir

And quick pics (I need to point out that they are taken after waking up at 5:30, 2 hours in traffic, 4 hours lectures and 1 more hour driving, so I look sleepy
girlhaha.gif
)

montREALady

Another Fall theme. I am also trying to use my Wet n Wild Megalast (matte) lipsticks as I've been neglecting them this year. Partly because I've been wearing a lot of NYX and MAC which I think is more because they are more accessible and not because I necessarily prefer them.
FACE -EL Illuminating Primer mixed with Becca Topaz SSP liquid -Becca Undereye brightener -EL Doublewear foundation in Rich Chestnut applied with a BB -Concealer under eyes- Nars Radiant Creamy in Amande -Setting powder under eyes- Ruby Kisses HD Set n' Forget in the color Banana -Finishing Powder all over- Black Radiance Soft Focus in Creamy Bronze Finish -Highlighter- Becca Opal -Blush- Clinique Cola Pop -MAC Fix + in Yuzu -NYX Matte Setting Spray EYES -Brows- MAC Embark shadow for shape and fill. Outlined with NYX Wonder Pencil in Deep then blended out. NYX Brow Mascara in Espresso for grooming -UDPP (OG one) -Shadow: ABH Amrezy palette Deep Plum on lid and lower lash line, ABH Tamanna palette Sangria in the crease, ABH World Traveler Palette Morocco in transition/brow bone and area from the bottom of the inner part of my brow down to the inner corner of my eye (lightly), ABH Self-Made palette Self-Made on inner corners and Treasure as brow highlight. Sephora Retractable Black liner on waterline. Avon Mega Effects felt liner on top outer corners. -Mascara- Smashbox Full Exposure in Jet Black (?) (got in my latest Ipsy) LIPS -Chapstick Hydration Lock (lightly) -MAC P&P Lip -Wet n Wild Clothing Optional limited edition Megalast lipstick -Liner- NYX Nude Beige NAILS Pic here

Marsha Pomells

I'm really happy that more people joined and thread is moving much faster :pompom: My look from yesterday: Face: MAC Fix+ CT Miracle wand 2 CT Magic foundation 3 + Revlon Colorstay 230 Laura Mercier Ritual D&G Tan MAC Summer opal Chanel poudre universelle libre 20 MAC Fix+ Eyes: UDPP Chanel Rouge noir ido Too Faced Chocolate bar - Milk chocolate in the crease Too Faced Semi-sweet chocolate bar - Mousse, Coconut creme - crease and brow highlight  CT colour chameleon Dark pearl on the lower lash line Chanel Signe Particulier - burgundy to darken the outer 1/3 of the lower lash line MAC Vanilla pigment - inner corner and brow arch Chanel Rouge noir liner Chanel Le volume Rouge noir Brows: TF Unabashed - taupe; ABH dipbrow pomade taupe; ABH clear gel Lips: Colourpop Tootsi liner - not the best match, the NP is very taupe-y, so I assumed the lipstick will be the same, but it's not CL Me nude  Nails: CL Me nude Perfume: Guerlain La petite robe noir  And quick pics (I need to point out that they are taken after  waking up at 5:30, 2 hours in traffic, 4 hours lectures and 1 more hour driving, so I look sleepy :haha: )
Everyone is looking gorgeous. It really is. This thread has got my juices going creative wise, its like I fell back in love with makeup again especially with the depressive episode I've had recently. I've got a summer look I can share with you guys, even though I'm a few months late, and it's pretty minimal... FACE Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer Avon Ideal Flawless Colour Correction Pearls MAC Studio Fix Plus Foundation NC45 Random contour palette (I don't know the brand, it's cheap and it does the job) MAC Sheertone Blush Peachtwist MAC Highlight Powder Freshen Up EYES MAC Fluidline Shahi MAC Flase Lash Extreme Black Mascara LIPS MAC Prep and Prime Lip MAC Lip Pencil Nightingale MAC Lipstick Real Doll
87d6fb93_image.jpeg
If only I knew about this thread earlier...

Medgal07

Your skin
eyelove.gif
I love the look! I've noticed that you wear Gucci Guilty a lot - it was my favourite perfume in the last years in high school, I just realised that I haven't worn it in more than 3 years! I spritzed some now to see if I still like it.

Dark lipsticks look gorgeous on you!

Beautiful sunrise and beautiful look! I think you didn't see my question in the highlighter thread - do you think the blush in Vengeful is similar to TF Softcore?

So many sweet stuff in your look - toffee, buttercup, eclair and topped with YSL Black Opium
girlhaha.gif

Beautiful!
You're correct Maggie i did miss that question---checking now----These are quick finger swatches. The Softcore blush is deeper in color & smoother in texture than the Vengeful blush.

montREALady

Your skin
eyelove.gif
I love the look! I've noticed that you wear Gucci Guilty a lot - it was my favourite perfume in the last years in high school, I just realised that I haven't worn it in more than 3 years! I spritzed some now to see if I still like it.

Dark lipsticks look gorgeous on you!

Beautiful sunrise and beautiful look! I think you didn't see my question in the highlighter thread - do you think the blush in Vengeful is similar to TF Softcore?

girlhaha.gif

Beautiful!
Thanks! I'll be honest re Gucci Guilty, I got the deluxe sample once from Sephora and it's right there amongst the crap on my vanity so I always reach for it and it's more of a Fall/Winter scent so I didn't wear it much during the summer. I love it. I alternate with Chloe.

Medgal07

I'm really happy that more people joined and thread is moving much faster
pompom.gif

My look from yesterday:

Face:

MAC Fix+
CT Miracle wand 2
CT Magic foundation 3 + Revlon Colorstay 230
Laura Mercier Ritual
D&G Tan
MAC Summer opal
Chanel poudre universelle libre 20
MAC Fix+

Eyes:

UDPP
Chanel Rouge noir ido
Too Faced Chocolate bar - Milk chocolate in the crease
Too Faced Semi-sweet chocolate bar - Mousse, Coconut creme - crease and brow highlight
CT colour chameleon Dark pearl on the lower lash line
Chanel Signe Particulier - burgundy to darken the outer 1/3 of the lower lash line
MAC Vanilla pigment - inner corner and brow arch
Chanel Rouge noir liner
Chanel Le volume Rouge noir
Brows: TF Unabashed - taupe; ABH dipbrow pomade taupe; ABH clear gel

Lips:

Colourpop Tootsi liner - not the best match, the NP is very taupe-y, so I assumed the lipstick will be the same, but it's not
CL Me nude

Nails:
CL Me nude

Perfume:
Guerlain La petite robe noir

And quick pics (I need to point out that they are taken after waking up at 5:30, 2 hours in traffic, 4 hours lectures and 1 more hour driving, so I look sleepy
girlhaha.gif
)

Beautiful Maggie---love your color choices. That Chanel Rouge Noir IDO is my fave eye product this year. Your eyes look amazing!!!!

Latest posts