Theme Makeup with a Purpose

mkoparanova

Thanks! I'll be honest re Gucci Guilty, I got the deluxe sample once from Sephora and it's right there amongst the crap on my vanity so I always reach for it and it's more of a Fall/Winter scent so I didn't wear it much during the summer. I love it. I alternate with Chloe.
Unfortunately is not my thing anymore. I've been wearing it for 2 hours now and I almost want to wash it off. Now I wear everything that has some sort of chocolate and patchouli
lol.gif

Medgal07

If only I knew about this thread earlier...
Marsha it's so, so good to have you here and I'm glad you've been inspired by the various makeup looks. I'm particularly glad that you're feeling better emotionally.
Playing with, buying and talking about makeup has brightened many days for me too!!!!

I love the softness of this look and that pink lipstick is just so beautiful on you!!!!

montREALady

I'm glad this is in past tense! This thread and Specktra in general are really positive places and always lift my mood. I hope the transfer goes smoothly and we don't have too many offline days.
The look is beautiful on you!

Thank you for the swatches Meddy!! I might buy it then - Softcore is very pigmented and I'm always afraid that I'm going to overdo it. The highlighter part in both is gorgeous! And the little dents in it assure me that it's a great product.

Unfortunately is not my thing anymore. I've been wearing it for 2 hours now and I almost want to wash it off. Now I wear everything that has some sort of chocolate and patchouli
lol.gif
Me too re Specktra, it got me out of my rut and encouraged me to get back into actually caring and wearing my makeup. I was sort of in a slump after having my daughter 3 years ago. @Marsha Pomells I know what you mean. Glad you're over that hump
friends.gif

We all go through fragrance phases. It was your thing at one point, now it's mine. It will all change again, lol!

Medgal07

Thank you Meddy!! RN is beautiful, even though it's not what I expected. I love the red shimmer!
YES!!!! It's all about the unexpected red micro shimmer that gives it more of the burgundy that I was expecting from it. I also use Tom Ford AW15 as a base which
also facilitates RN looking more burgundy & vibrant.

Medgal07

​On this day, November 20, 2002 I had a bilateral mastectomy for stage 3 carcinoma in situ. I am happy to be a survivor. if my message of the value of early detection can inspire you to pay attention to your body, conduct breast self exams and get your mammograms accordingly, then this is an even happier day for me!!! Makeup played a huge role in my recovery. Thank you all for participating in this theme thread and for making it fun and inspiring!!!! Hugs to you all!!!!
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

Medgal07

Gucci Premiere
Your skin is absolutely flawless!!!! Your foundation appears to be a perfect match too!!! I've tried and really like ELDW. Cola Pop is a really nice blush and I reach for
it often. It's your eye look though that has me most intrigued and I need to try it soon!!!! Love it!!!

mkoparanova

YES!!!! It's all about the unexpected red micro shimmer that gives it more of the burgundy that I was expecting from it. I also use Tom Ford AW15 as a base which
also facilitates RN looking more burgundy & vibrant.
I didn't get AW15. I was worried that it'll make my eyes look red and also everything matte creases on me very quickly. I wore RN over black once but I prefer it on its own.

Medgal07

I agree! That's why I'm keeping all my fragrances, if I've liked them once, I'll like them again at some point!

Thank you!!

I didn't get AW15. I was worried that it'll make my eyes look red and also everything matte creases on me very quickly. I wore RN over black once but I prefer it on its own.
AW15 is pretty unique. It's the consistency of a balm and it took a minute for me to get used to it on my eyes. It's not sticky---just different.

mkoparanova

AW15 is pretty unique. It's the consistency of a balm and it took a minute for me to get used to it on my eyes. It's not sticky---just different.

I'll try it when I'm at a counter. But I probably don't need it :roflmao:

I'm glad that specktra is back :icon_cheers:

A look from 2 days ago:

Face:

MAC Fix+
CT Miracle want 2
CT Magic foundation 3
MAC Light boost
LM Ritual
D&G Tan
TF Softcore - blush
D&G shimmer powder Glow light 1
MAC Vanilla pigment
Chanel poudre universelle libre 20
MAC Fix+

Eyes:

UDPP
Chanel Signe particulier - taupe on the lid, burgundy in the crease, light pink in the inner corner
Chanel RN liner
Chanel RN ido on the lower lash line
MAC Vanilla pigment - inner corner and brow arch
Chanel Le volume RN

Lips:

Colourpop Trap

Perfume:
YSL Black opium

3b776b47234d70bba792e76d16ba77822bb1b3c8f5d02b6897ed6cc8828c5943.jpg

Vineetha

A look from 2 days ago:

Face:

MAC Fix+
CT Miracle want 2
CT Magic foundation 3
MAC Light boost
LM Ritual
D&G Tan
TF Softcore - blush
MAC Vanilla pigment
MAC Fix+

Eyes:

UDPP
Chanel Signe particulier - taupe on the lid, burgundy in the crease, light pink in the inner corner
Chanel RN liner
Chanel Le volume RN

Lips:

Colourpop Trap

Perfume:
YSL Black opium

View attachment 50120

Gorgeous ??????

aradhana

A look from 2 days ago:

Face:

MAC Fix+
CT Miracle want 2
CT Magic foundation 3
MAC Light boost
LM Ritual
D&G Tan
TF Softcore - blush
MAC Vanilla pigment
MAC Fix+

Eyes:

UDPP
Chanel RN liner
Chanel Le volume RN

Lips:

Colourpop Trap

Perfume:
YSL Black opium

View attachment 50120

wow! looks like an advert!

aradhana

​On this day, November 20, 2002 I had a bilateral mastectomy for stage 3 carcinoma in situ. I am happy to be a survivor. if my message of the value of early detection can inspire you to pay attention to your body, conduct breast self exams and get your mammograms accordingly, then this is an even happier day for me!!! Makeup played a huge role in my recovery. Thank you all for participating in this theme thread and for making it fun and inspiring!!!! Hugs to you all!!!!
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

th_hug.gif

aradhana

hi guys
i'm not so use to the new site format, but just wanted to say how much i love everybody's looks and pics!
(i just caught up on the thread)
i'm a bit sad the 'thumbs up' button is gone...

Latest posts