Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder

Is there a general Estee Lauder Thread? There needs to be. They have been coming out with some really interesting collections and products lately.

I just found these 2 posts on British Beauty Blogger. EL is coming out with paint pots in January according to this blogger. Let's see if they work like the Mac ones.

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/11/estee-lauder-pure-color-stay-on-shadow.html

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/11/estee-lauder-stay-on-shadow-paints.html

Edit - I found these pics from another Blogger from the UK.

http://www.reallyree.com/2012/11/estee-lauder-pure-colour-stay-on-shadow.html#more
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/

There is now! I think that the only previous ones had been for specific collections, but there's no reason there shouldn't be a general thread like there is for other brands.
    nc 15/ nars mont blanc/ siberia, black hair, grey/ blue eyes TEAM INSOMNIA! Team Purple
    I have a lipstick problem.
    check my whole blog OR just the beauty bits

Specktra is everywhere! Facebook. Twitter. Instagram.

Estée Lauder Pretty Naughty Spring 2013 collection:

http://time4beauty.biz/10946-estee-l...retty-naughty/

That cheek colour is calling to me...
    nc 15/ nars mont blanc/ siberia, black hair, grey/ blue eyes TEAM INSOMNIA! Team Purple

Quote Originally Posted by katred View Post
    That cheek colour is calling to me...
    Me too. Especially in that formulation.
    April

Looking for MAC Rocker Lipstick and Hyper Real Foundation in NW 100

Those look amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarieMary View Post
    Estée Lauder Pretty Naughty Spring 2013 collection:

http://time4beauty.biz/10946-estee-l...retty-naughty/
    Yes the French blog mention this collection and the macarons nail polishes, well it's pretty but I'll skip on these I think. I prefer the M.A.C palette ( cream eye shadows, pastel ) even if the Estee Lauder collections are lovely too.
    TEAMENABLEEVERYBODYINTOBUYINGEVERYTHING

The blush is gorgeous!
    NC20 / dark brown hair / brown eyes

The new paint pots are on the Neiman Marcus site. They look smaller than Mac but I will probably buy one.
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/

I am SO getting that blush!!! And yes, I saw the new paint pots on the NM site - tempted to get a couple. I wish I could see them in person.

I read somewhere that the spring collection is going to be EL site-exclusive. What's up with THAT? I've started stalking...... ....it's supposed to be out in January, but I wish they'd narrow it down some!
    NW20/25 | Dark Brown | Hazel

lord and taylor has a great gift set with a lilly pulitzer bag!

Quote Originally Posted by erin00312 View Post
    lord and taylor has a great gift set with a lilly pulitzer bag!
    I saw this. I read an article that says there will be a total of (I think) 8 and each retailer will have a different design. I want to pull the trigger on this so bad but I am waiting for the new paint pots and that gorgeous gelee blush to arrive first.
    April

I picked up 3 Stay-on Paint eyeshadows today. I really want 4 more. They look smaller than the Mac Paint Pots but I'm hoping they perform just as well if not better since they are more expensive. I bought the green one, a pewter color and one that was burgundyish. But now that I'm looking at it, the burgundy one looks kind of coppery. I have to check again online to make sure they gave me the right one. The colors were really nice though. It will be hard not to get all of them. I think that purple one will be very popular as well. Oh and I found these at Macy's. They told me they had just come in yesterday. I'm figuring they will be at all counters soon.

I also saw some light colors in the nail polish, they were not in a special display so I can't be positive it they are new. I did see a light grassy green, a light pink, light coral and a light turquoise which I remember seeing in promo images.

Anxious to hear how you like these! I want to try them too.... Although I have to say that I love the old EL cream shadows, and the Maybelline version I love (Bad to the Bronze is my go-to for an easy everyday eye).

Quote Originally Posted by Shypo View Post
    Anxious to hear how you like these! I want to try them too.... Although I have to say that I love the old EL cream shadows, and the Maybelline version I love (Bad to the Bronze is my go-to for an easy everyday eye).
    Okay. I will report back when I've tried them.

I got an email this morning that the new Pretty Naughty collection is now launched on the site - got my Tease blush and one of the sheer matte lippies......

I got an email this morning that the new Pretty Naughty collection is now launched on the site - got my Tease blush and one of the sheer matte lippies......
    I ordered Tease as well by 2 day shipping. I should have it by Wednesday I think. I can't wait to get this. But if the Pretty Naughty collection is online only I wonder what EL counters are getting for their Spring collection?
    April

Good point....I wonder if it's a 'staged' launch - they'll do it online first, and then send to counters? I didn't have the 2-day ship option, only the offer for a deluxe sample size of 2 of their skin serums....bummer.....I would like to have got it sooner. I ordered 2 of the blushes.

I picked up one of the new "cream" shadows today. Played it safe and got "Sinister", which close to black, but as the most breathtaking blue and plum and silver shimmer. The texture is interesting, a little like the Chanel Illusion d'Ombres, but a little creamier. It has that same, bouncy, spongy quality as the IdO's. I wanted to try one out before committing, but I might have to go back for the bright purple and the cobalt blue.

Playing around with swatching, they are easy to apply sheerly, but can be built up to true-to-pan colour. They're very moist at first, but seem to set pretty well after a few seconds. We'll see how they fare on my lids.

The counter I went to also still had the limited items from the Fall collection, so I ended up picking up both lipsticks. I'd been thinking about them forever and EL always seems to have such an underrated lipstick formula. Now I really have to stop spending. Until next week.

Sinister looks sooooooooooo pretty

I just found these swatches on vampyvarnish.com:

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2013/01/...watches-review

Sinister and Neon Fuchsia are my faves

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on these, katred

Quote Originally Posted by katred View Post
    I picked up one of the new "cream" shadows today. Played it safe and got "Sinister", which close to black, but as the most breathtaking blue and plum and silver shimmer. The texture is interesting, a little like the Chanel Illusion d'Ombres, but a little creamier. It has that same, bouncy, spongy quality as the IdO's. I wanted to try one out before committing, but I might have to go back for the bright purple and the cobalt blue.

Playing around with swatching, they are easy to apply sheerly, but can be built up to true-to-pan colour. They're very moist at first, but seem to set pretty well after a few seconds. We'll see how they fare on my lids.

The counter I went to also still had the limited items from the Fall collection, so I ended up picking up both lipsticks. I'd been thinking about them forever and EL always seems to have such an underrated lipstick formula. Now I really have to stop spending. Until next week.
    #TeamBuyAllTheThingsThatILove

^^ Oh wow - gorgeous!! I have to put Sinister on my list! I have Halo and it is a really nice 'under shadow' base, as VampyVarnish says......thanks for your thoughts Kate - glad you got the Fall lipcolors.....I giggled at your last comment.

Also got my shipment yesterday - the blush is gorgeous. Glad I backed it up as I'm sure it will sell out. Perfect mid-tone pink - same formula as the Modern Mercury highlighter that everyone raved about.

I couldn't resist, so I'm wearing sinister today, despite the fact that I'm at the office. I used a smudge brush to apply it along my lash line and a little bit up, then used a pewter shade over most of my mobile lid. Made a perfect, appropriately subtle smoky eye and, after almost five hours, it hasn't budged or faded. I think to get this operating at full strength, your best applicator would be your fingers, but I'm not certain. I need to go back for the "fuchsia" (it's a royal purple) and the cobalt blue!

That sounds like a gorgeous look! I must get Sinister......

I have to say that I am not that wow'd by the blush, unfortunately. I'm not thrilled with the sponge applicator it comes with, and prefer to use a brush for these 'tri-brid' formulas....but that said, it just didn't do too much for me. It ends up being too frosty or something. I'm going to give it another go tomorrow to see how it does, but if I have the same experience, both of the ones I ordered are going back.

Has anyone who has received it had a different experience?

Too bad - I love the Modern Mercury highlighter.......

That sounds like a gorgeous look! I must get Sinister......

I have to say that I am not that wow'd by the blush, unfortunately. I'm not thrilled with the sponge applicator it comes with, and prefer to use a brush for these 'tri-brid' formulas....but that said, it just didn't do too much for me. It ends up being too frosty or something. I'm going to give it another go tomorrow to see how it does, but if I have the same experience, both of the ones I ordered are going back.

Has anyone who has received it had a different experience?

Too bad - I love the Modern Mercury highlighter.......
    I ordered the blush after seeing swatches online. I haven't gotten it yet though. Must be transporting it by mule train over the Rockies or something. When I get it then I will let you know what I think.

I tried it again today, and used a fluffier brush. I like it well enough, but I was prepared to love it, so I'm a bit disappointed. I have to be careful not to buff too high - it gets to close to my smile lines between my eye and cheek and really accentuates them.

So I'm on the fence about sending these back - I will probably end up doing so. I have so many other blushes that I LOVE that I don't need to have forked over $80 on something I don't. I think I've learned a lesson about this new formula - best left to my eyes.

I tried it again today, and used a fluffier brush. I like it well enough, but I was prepared to love it, so I'm a bit disappointed. I have to be careful not to buff too high - it gets to close to my smile lines between my eye and cheek and really accentuates them.

So I'm on the fence about sending these back - I will probably end up doing so. I have so many other blushes that I LOVE that I don't need to have forked over $80 on something I don't. I think I've learned a lesson about this new formula - best left to my eyes.
    Shypo - I'm so sorry you didn't love the blush. I'm on the fence about it. It looks really nice but it may be too cool toned for me. I don't know if frost would necessarily bother me though. I may still try it. I definitely want that nail polish though. I'm curious about the lip pens too.

Sorry the blush doesn't work. I can only use Modern Mercury lightly too as a highlight. Otherwise it gets in my smile lines below my eyes too. Is it a colour you can use as an eyeshadow? If it doesn't work I think it is a good idea to send it back. Too many blushes in our stash already!
    NC20 / dark brown hair / brown eyes

I have been playing with the blush for a few days, and I am not overly impressed. I don't find it too frosty, and it is nice enough. I just don't know if it is worth keeping. It is rather generic looking when applied.

^^ I'm really surprised at all the raves......I read Best Things in Beauty's assessment this morning - she is older than I am and gushing over it. I have to believe it would look the same on her as it does me......but then again, maybe she only put it on her arm .

I'm on the fence about keeping mine as well - I'm going to try it a few more times before I decide.

^^ I'm really surprised at all the raves......I read Best Things in Beauty's assessment this morning - she is older than I am and gushing over it. I have to believe it would look the same on her as it does me......but then again, maybe she only put it on her arm .

I'm on the fence about keeping mine as well - I'm going to try it a few more times before I decide.
    I am so sorry to hear that you didn't like it. I love it. I don't use the sponge applicator just a fan brush. It gives my uber pale skin a just in from a winter walk look. I was worried because I have rosacea and don't usually wear pink on my cheeks. At 47 I was worried about it settling in lines but no issues with that.
    April

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast