Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
  1. #1

    Versailles aka Cruise

    OMG I hope this is okay and I am not duplicating anything but when I saw the compact of concealer/powder what not in spring thread I googled the versailles collection and found this:

    http://www.sandrascloset.com/tag/versailles-de-chanel/

    the first post is on the fashion show and the second concentrates on makeup but I didn't spread them out since the finished look on models was so adorable. Not that I think I will be wearing pink eyeshadow......

    anybody find a color story about this or other pictures? Any news on US release? Please don't let this be like the Asia thing where we get it years later cus it looks so perfect for spring.
    looking for Mac Love Goddess please and thank you

  2. #2
    It says this collection will be available in specific points of sales which means Chanel boutiques and beauty stusios. I am dying to see it! I want the highlighter!
    And thanks for posting the detailed link!

  3. #3
    Hi Guys! Bergdorf's is getting this in soon. You can call and put your name down and they will ship it to you.
    neicysloveglamour.blogspot.com

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Neicy View Post
    Hi Guys! Bergdorf's is getting this in soon. You can call and put your name down and they will ship it to you.
    Thanks so much, Neicy! Do you by any chance know if they would ship internationally (Canada)?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,524
    I am really interested in some of this collection. I must see it in person though before deciding.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Shypo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,772
    Not too sure about the pink eyes, but the highlighter is definitely worth checking out! I don't know what my obsession with highlighters is lately......
    NW20/25 | Dark Brown | Hazel


  7. #7
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,302
    I know exactly what you mean about highlighters. I got the Poudre Signee highlighter from the Spring 2013 collection, and now I want this one. Will this collection also be available on Chanel's website?
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  8. #8
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,134
    Do they show a picture of the highlighter anywhere? What makes you want it?
    MAC N/NC10-15

  9. #9
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    Do they show a picture of the highlighter anywhere? What makes you want it?
    Honestly, it's mostly because I'm smitten with the Spring highlighter. I haven't seen any pictures of the Versailles highlighter yet.
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  10. #10
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,134
    I see..... Well Mouche de Beauté is a very cool name.
    MAC N/NC10-15

  11. #11
    Senior Member Shypo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,772
    Amy at Cafe Makeup mentioned this collection in May of this year (link below) and indicated that the collection is supposed to be available this month.....with Chanel's launch inconsistencies lately, it might not be until next month. But hopefully it's soon! I am surprised, though, that they'd have 2 different highlighters so close together.

    http://cafemakeup.com/tag/chanel-mouche-de-beaute/

    And then I found this on Chanel.com......must be due to be there soon as well......

    http://www.chanel.com/en_AU/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Powders-MOUCHE-DE-BEAUT%C3%89-134293
    NW20/25 | Dark Brown | Hazel


  12. #12
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,134
    ^^ That's the Australian Chanel site.
    MAC N/NC10-15

  13. #13
    Senior Member Shypo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,772
    Ahh! Thanks! No wonder it was missing (duh). So was it launched in APJ first?
    NW20/25 | Dark Brown | Hazel


  14. #14
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,134
    No idea if they actually have it yet or not. I haven't seen anyone on MUA mention it.
    MAC N/NC10-15

  15. #15
    Senior Member Shypo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,772
    Interesting....seems like there would have been more mentioned about it after Amy's post....and as we got closer to the holidays. I think I read that there were products created just for the show - including those interlocking C 'beauty marks'. I wonder if the pink shadow and the highlighter will make it to retail.........
    NW20/25 | Dark Brown | Hazel


  16. #16
    I called the Chanel boutique in Toronto a couple of weeks ago about this collection and they told me it will be available in the mid-January.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Shypo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,772
    Pics of the Versailles collection - including the highlighter (SOURCE: http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/12/chanel-winter-2012-versailles-de-chanel-collection-info-photos.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email &utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ChicProfile+%28Chic+Profile% 29 )

    Chanel Winter 2012 Versailles de Chanel Collection

    Chanel Versailles Compact – Limited Edition
    This beautiful compact which is the star of this collection features an embossed relief of an architectural detail from the famous Château de Versailles.
    Joues Contraste Powder Blush – €37.00

    • Rose Pétale

    Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer – €29.50

    • Evasion

    Mono Eyeshadow – Limited Edition – €27.00

    • Rose Favorite

    Le Vernis – €22.00

    • #507 Tendresse – transparent pastel pink







    Another highlighter to lust after!!!

    Wonder when it will hit the US? It was supposed to launch 'internationally' on December 4 at 'Chanel counters', but I wonder if their dates slipped? Think I'll give Bergdorf's a call and see if they've received it yet......

    UPDATE: Called BG and they have no idea when they'll get it. Not a clue.

    Oh, how very Chanel.
    NW20/25 | Dark Brown | Hazel


  18. #18
    The collection didn't appear at my counters too. Will the price of the highlighter be the same as the spring powder? Wonder how it swatches too. It looks slightly more gold than the spring's.
    NC20 / dark brown hair / brown eyes

  19. #19
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,134
    Does the cruise collection typically come to counters? I thought it was a boutique exclusive?
    MAC N/NC10-15

  20. #20
    Senior Member MaitaiFluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Evergreen State
    Posts
    800
    The highlighter is so pretty. I just want a giant collection of all these Chanel powders. I need to ask my Chanel person if she knows anything yet.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Shypo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post
    Does the cruise collection typically come to counters? I thought it was a boutique exclusive?
    I thought so too, but chicprofile seemed to have some information that indicated it was coming to 'Chanel counters'......but really, who knows. I think Neicy said in an earlier post that BG was going to get it........
    NW20/25 | Dark Brown | Hazel


  22. #22
    Senior Member MaitaiFluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Evergreen State
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Shypo View Post
    I thought so too, but chicprofile seemed to have some information that indicated it was coming to 'Chanel counters'......but really, who knows.* I think Neicy said in an earlier post that BG was going to get it........
    Weeee. Hopefully that means Neiman's too.

  23. #23
    Saw this collection! It was launched this Friday but surprisingly discretely, at the back display instead of the front display. The main collection Chanel is promoting is the spring collection. I have a few pictures of the display but they are not helpful because of the lighting. The pictures from chicprofile that Cheryl put up earlier in the thread is very accurate of how the products look in real. My counter displayed Rose Tourbillion and another RCS which I can't recall instead of Evasion. The collection is an exclusive launch so not every counter will get it. I came back with the powder. The design is not as intricate as the spring powder, and the colour is totally different. It is gel-like, and more frosty/metallic and intense, like the EL Modern Mercury. It is more similar to the Nacree highlighter, pink but more tan. It comes with a black sponge applicator and a black velvet pouch. The eyeshadow is a matte mid-tone pink. It is unique IMO, and pigmented and soft. I haven't pick it up as I'm not sure I'll reach for it often.
    NC20 / dark brown hair / brown eyes

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post
    Saw this collection! It was launched this Friday but surprisingly discretely, at the back display instead of the front display. The main collection Chanel is promoting is the spring collection. I have a few pictures of the display but they are not helpful because of the lighting. The pictures from chicprofile that Cheryl put up earlier in the thread is very accurate of how the products look in real. My counter displayed Rose Tourbillion and another RCS which I can't recall instead of Evasion. The collection is an exclusive launch so not every counter will get it. I came back with the powder. The design is not as intricate as the spring powder, and the colour is totally different. It is gel-like, and more frosty/metallic and intense, like the EL Modern Mercury. It is more similar to the Nacree highlighter, pink but more tan. It comes with a black sponge applicator and a black velvet pouch. The eyeshadow is a matte mid-tone pink. It is unique IMO, and pigmented and soft. I haven't pick it up as I'm not sure I'll reach for it often.
    Thanks for your review, as usual much appreciated I am really tempted by the pink eyeshadow, and I mean really, really tempted by it. Do you think it could double as blush as well?
    n1 - green-brown - ash gray

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post
    I came back with the powder. The design is not as intricate as the spring powder, and the colour is totally different. It is gel-like, and more frosty/metallic and intense, like the EL Modern Mercury. It is more similar to the Nacree highlighter, pink but more tan. It comes with a black sponge applicator and a black velvet pouch. The eyeshadow is a matte mid-tone pink. It is unique IMO, and pigmented and soft. I haven't pick it up as I'm not sure I'll reach for it often.
    Hi Miss QQ! Many thanks for the info and review - which counters got the collection? I mean the Versailles one? I am dying to get it!

  26. #26
    bis - I have thought about using it as a blush too. I think it is possible, though it may not be that brightening because it is matte and muted. But as a subtle hint of colour like a flush, it will work. cherburaha - I'm located in Asia. The Chanel studios, 2 in my case, and selected counter, which happens to be only one in my country, get it.
    NC20 / dark brown hair / brown eyes

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post
    cherburaha - I'm located in Asia. The Chanel studios, 2 in my case, and selected counter, which happens to be only one in my country, get it.
    Thanks Miss QQ - I have to check the boutique then, hopefully they'll get it as well. Although when I asked them this week it looked like they had no idea what I was talking about. I had to show them the wigs on the mannequines in the windows, you know the pink ones to explain what collection I am talking about-)

  28. #28
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,134
    Thanks MissQQ! Is the es a warm or cool pink?
    MAC N/NC10-15

  29. #29
    I would say it is neutral rose, leaning just slightly warm because it is not a blue-pink. The picture is very true of how it looks and swatches in real.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shypo View Post
    Pics of the Versailles collection - including the highlighter (SOURCE: http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/12/chanel-winter-2012-versailles-de-chanel-collection-info-photos.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email &utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ChicProfile+%28Chic+Profile% 29 )

    NC20 / dark brown hair / brown eyes

  30. #30
    Senior Member Shypo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post
    I came back with the powder. The design is not as intricate as the spring powder, and the colour is totally different. It is gel-like, and more frosty/metallic and intense, like the EL Modern Mercury. It is more similar to the Nacree highlighter, pink but more tan. It comes with a black sponge applicator and a black velvet pouch. The eyeshadow is a matte mid-tone pink. It is unique IMO, and pigmented and soft. I haven't pick it up as I'm not sure I'll reach for it often.
    I received my Nacree powder today - it is VERY similar to Modern Mercury, but yes, slightly 'pinker' toned. Interesting about the powder........I would still like to see it.

    And I like the shadow as well - but like you, I'm not sure how often I would reach for it, but as a blush it would be interesting.
    NW20/25 | Dark Brown | Hazel


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •