You favorite MAC products in 2012

MRV

First I have to say that I have bought so many products this year that I have not used many of them enough to know them properly or at all (have not opened a new lipgloss since.. April?
icon_eek.gif
). I am NC15-20.

- Your three favorite MAC lip products (includes l/s, l/g and l/l)
Tabla - this (brown) is a new colour for me and I have have been intrigued by brown lipsticks this fall
Camden Chic - same reason, I have not had any dark reds before
Outrageously Fun - I bought a ton of bright reds this year (also from other brands) and all the possible oranges, but this is the pink I can wear (= bright and very blue)

- Your three favorite MAC eye products (includes regular e/s, MES, EDES, e/l)
EDES - of the newest ones Stolen Moment even though I'm not a taupe person (did not get Moth Brown)
Marché aux Puces -
heart.gif
Chessa, the best regular e/s
Coil - love the colour and also learned to love metallics

- Your three favorite MAC cheek products (includes powder and creme blushes) - this is a difficult category, I have gotten dozens of blushes and have not used most of them enough
Immortal Flower - orange blush
heart.gif

MSF (Light Year / Center of the Universe) and a cream blush combo
Glorify

- Your three favorite MAC face products (includes foundations, powders, and primers)
Wisper of Gilt
Forever Marilyn - I can't wear this all over because my skin is so dry (and not cool), but it makes a difference under eyes and on t-zone
P & P Moisture Infusion - this is a nice help but I still need my dose of oil day&night ATM

- Your three favorite MAC mineralize products (includes MSF and MES)
MSFN (I'm sure it came out in some collection)
The swirl MSF: Light Year
The swirl MES: Aurora

- Your three favorite MAC tools (brushes, applicators, accessories)
The portable mirror!
167SH

- Your three most used MAC products in 2012 (doesn't need to be released in 2012)
Nubile, Nubile, Nubile
Brow Set in Clear
Chromagraphic Pencil NC15/NW20

- Your three most unusual MAC products released in 2012 (any category) - I'm voting for the categories!
ED formula
better Mineralize formula
better blush formula

liba

This is all preliminary, considering I've got high hopes for Taste Temptations, Strength, Pressed Pigments and Apres Chic (if that's actually coming out before the end of the year)..... - Your three favorite MAC lip products (includes l/s, l/g and l/l) Party Parrot - bright, cute, fun, offbeat and excellent formula Cusp of Dawn - perfect modern nude Color Saturation c/s/g - one of the sexiest glosses I own - Your three favorite MAC eye products (includes regular e/s, MES, EDES, e/l) Dark Dare EDES - best black ever! Deeply Dashing PP - fabulous neutral with so much texture tie between Fashion Circuit Electric Cool (for being the ultimate peacock green/teal) and On the Hunt duo (for two perfect year round colors good for any occasion) - Your three favorite MAC cheek products (includes powder and creme blushes) LOL at picking only three. This was the year of the MAC Blush Revolution - and it's not even over, since there are even more lovelies coming with TT, Strength and Apres Chic. I wore Early Morning the most. Fresh Honey was the most unusual. Modern Mandarin was just pure extravagance. Even still, these are just the tip of the iceberg.
eyelove.gif
- Your three favorite MAC face products (includes foundations, powders, and primers) Superb EDSF - what an amazing sheen and soft, unusual color. Forever Marilyn bp - doesn't get any chicer. Mineralize Charged Water Revitalizing Essence - I completely prefer this to Fix+ for all-over face use since it adds radiance as well as better hydration. Fix+ is still better for affixing eye shadow, but even the MES formula is changing and doesn't always need a wet application. When I'm out of my bottle of Fix+, I'll be switching to this one full time. - Your three favorite MAC mineralize products (includes MSF and MES) All 3 Naturally MBs are in a class by themselves, so I'm looking at the rest here. Daylight MES: One of the few MES I own that's definitely getting flat from all the use. Supernova: My favorite hot pink blush. Heavenly Creatures MSFs - they all get lumped together as one because they're all equally beautiful - I can't play favorites with these. Oh I'm so sleepy - I'll answer the rest later!
th_e2cloud9.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
This is tough. Reading everyone's answers I realize I didn't buy that much MAC this year, and probably missed out on a lot of good stuff.
icon_eek.gif
No Tropical Mist (the CR wasn't available online here), no Ruffian collection
cry.gif
, I didn't buy any EDES, no Pressed Pigments, no Casual Color, etc. And I rarely bought any lip products. So here goes nothing...

Your three favorite MAC lip products
I honestly have no idea, LOL. The few lip products I bought I'm not in love with.
- Check it out Glamglass: got this in a swap, I really love this formula, a shame it never was released officially. It's so different from any other gloss I've ever tried.
- High Tea l/s: I know, it's old. But I fell in love with it only this year, after having it for three years. It's my most worn lippie ATM.
That's all I can think of right now.

Your three favorite MAC eye products
- Cloudy Afternoon MES (Naturally was released in Feb here, so it counts as 2012!): What can I say. I love this to pieces. Need.more.backups.
- Aurora Pigment: my first full size pigment. The color is perfect and it's so smooth in texture. Love.
- Moth Brown e/s. Or Aloha Pigment Stack.
hmm.gif
I can't decide, sorry!

Your three favorite MAC cheek products
Well, as a blush and highlighter addict, this is difficult as well. Let's see...
- Lightscapade: Love this more than words can express.
love.gif

- Lovecloud: The most perfect pink & a beautiful sheen.
- Modern Mandarin: Simply because the color was so trendy and perfect for this spring and summer.

Your three favorite MAC face products
- Lightsacpade: again!! I wear it all over as well, so yes, it counts.
- Forever Marylin BP
- P+P Vibrancy Eye: Not sure if it fits in this category. I just recently tried this and I'm glad my super sensitive eyes aren't complaining.

Your three favorite MAC mineralize products
You're killing me.
- I have to say Lightdcapade again. It's that awesome and it gets so much love from me, so it's perfectly OK to list it three times, LOL.
- Blonde
- Redhead

Your three favorite MAC tools

Your three most used MAC products in 2012
- Moisturecover Concealer
- Studio Finish Concealer
- P+P Highlighter Radiant Rose

Your three most unusual MAC products released in 2012
There's just one:
- Earthshine MSF: This is so unique to me, I have never seen anything like this. Not particularly flattering on myself, but I imagine it must be HG material for darker skintones.

Phew.
sweatdrop.gif

singer82

How fun! I love reading everyones awnsers :) I'm Approx NC15 - Your three favorite MAC lip products (includes l/s, l/g and l/l) *Venus l/s*-Something about this pink just stood out. It's one of the few things I've backed up! *Rocker l\s*- Perfect vampy red. Not to mention the gold glitter, love! *Ruffian Red*- I was never a red lippy person. But I came out of that shell this year! It's the perfect bright cherry red on me. - Your three favorite MAC eye products (includes regular e/s, MES, EDES, e/l) *Blue Orbit EDES*- I fell in LOVE with this formula! *Sweet Heat EDES*- Makes such a quick neutral eyelook with a kick!. *Young Venus EDES*- Amazing for a pinup look. - Your three favorite MAC cheek products (includes powder and creme blushes) *Full of Joy blush* *Lovecloud blush* *Pink Tea blush* - Your three favorite MAC face products (includes foundations, powders, and primers) *Whisper of Guilt* *Marylin BP* - Your three favorite MAC mineralize products (includes MSF and MES) *Lightscapade msf*- Perfect highlighter for pale beauties! *Neo Nebula mes*- I love my pink shadows this year! *Light Year msf* - Your three favorite MAC tools (brushes, applicators, accessories) Pretty much all my MAC brushes! - Your three most used MAC products in 2012 (doesn't need to be released in 2012) *Dark Envy Fluidline*- I fell in love with fluidlines this year! *Avenue Fluidline* *Sweet Heat EDES* - Your three most unusual MAC products released in 2012 (any category) *Ruffian Gold l/s*- So versatile! And a lovely texture and sheen

Kaidan

I'm NW20.

Force of Love lipstick: It's one of my favorite lipsticks ever! (I'm serious.) The color is so lovely, bright, and the matte formula is excellent for it.
Watch Me Simmer lipstick: I love the amplified formula for it. It's a lovely color and it's another bright lipstick that looks lovely.
Reel Sexy lipstick: I really like the color and I wish I backed it up. The formula is great and the color is so pretty.

Lucky Green eyeshadow: I don't own much eyeshadows from MAC besides MES, but it's a really nice color. It's pigmented, soft, and the color is unique imo.
Love Cycle MES: I know many people think that it's the same as Sea and Sky MES, but I find them different. The dark blue part in Love Cycle is a bit darker than Sea, and Sky has more color veining than the light blue part of Love Cycle. I love blue, so it's really great imo.
Early Bird eyeshadow: A lovely coral shade that's nice for spring and summer.

- Your three favorite MAC face products (includes foundations, powders, and primers)
Forever Marilyn BP: It's not chalky on me and it gives me a glow. It's a little powdery but I don't mind that.
Play it Proper BP: I love the very light pink sheen on this beauty powder.

Love Cycle MES: (see three fav. MAC eye products)
Sea and Sky MES: It's one of my all time favorite MES. I bought it last year and it's one of my first MES but it's one of my most used eyeshadows this year. It's so gorgeous and so pretty to look at. It has excellent pigmentation (especially Sea) and a bit underrated for a MES.
Dark Indulgence MES: I bought it this year from a lovely Specktra member called Spanky. The color is so beautiful and it has great pigmentation. A really beautiful green MES. It makes my hazel eyes pop just like Sea from Sea and Sky MES.

- Your three most used MAC products in 2012 (doesn't need to be released in 2012)
Summer Shower lipstick: It's so odd yet awesome! It was also my first MAC lipstick so it holds a high rank for me. I love the shimmer, glitter, color, and the glaze formula.
Hue lipstick: It's permanent, but it's a great alternative for a nude color and it's a nice everyday lipstick. It's goes nude pink on me due to my heavily pigmented pink lips.
Russian Red lipstick: The perfect red for me.

- Your three most unusual MAC products released in 2012 (any category)
Beauty lipstick: I didn't had high hopes for it because of it's pale pink color, but it was a nice surprise to see that it was good on me. Another plus for me is that it's from the creamy glaze formula like Hue.
Chromagraphic Pencil in NW15/NW20: It's creamy and quite long-lasting.

liba

I figured I'd finish up my lists:

- Your three favorite MAC tools (brushes, applicators, accessories) 215 - this is the perfect brush for the way I contour my eyes. Foolproof! The new silicon eye applicators - takes all the hassle out of the pressed pigments and crushed metals. Gives the smoothest wet look effect effortlessly. Glamour Daze brush kit - it's the perfect shape for a day to night transition kit with everything you need for your purse and I love the pastel leopard print. - Your three most used MAC products in 2012 (I picked all 2012 products, because it was actually easy to - I use the eye cream and the serum twice a day, every day!) Mineralize Charged Water Eye Cream: Best moisturizing eye cream ever! I'm in love! P&P Moisture Infusion: Great value for a product that works much more like high end products twice the price. Wholesome f/l: So so much nicer than Blacktrack. I've got BUs, but here's hoping it gets repromoted in the future. - Your three most unusual MAC products released in 2012 Coffee Walnut Sculpting Cream: Doesn't really get much more fashion forward than this. Reel Sexy lipstick: I love this color. It was MAC's most in your face color in a year full of in your face colors. Firm Form lipstick: yeah it's not out yet, but it's going to be one outrageous lippie!

turtledove

Your three favorite MAC lip products (includes l/s, l/g and l/l)
Hard one, but I'd have to say:
Star Quality cremesheen
Watch Me Simmer lipstick
An oldy but a goody - Crosswires lipstick

Satin Taupe - never looks out of style
Style Snob Starflash eyeshadow
Black Line eyeliner

- Your three favorite MAC cheek products (includes powder and creme blushes)
Supercontinental
Small Vanity
X-Rocks - all blushes

Don't use MAC for the face

Superb Skinfinish
Brunette Skinfinish
Grand Duo Mineralise Blush.

martiangurll

As the year comes to a close, it might be fun to share our favorite MAC products that were released in 2012. For the sake of narrowing it down, don't state more than three products in any given category (if you only have one or two favorite in a category, don't feel obliged to come up with a third one). Feel free to elaborate why you like these product.

Don't forget to state your complexion (NW or NC) : I am about NC17 or so

Here are the categories:

- Your three favorite MAC lip products (includes l/s, l/g and l/l) all the matte lipsticks from IA, all of the Tendertones from Shop/Cook MAC, Galaxy Rose csg

- Your three favorite MAC eye products (includes regular e/s, MES, EDES, e/l) Midnight Snack fluidliner Shop/Cook, Designer Purple pearlglide from Vera Neuman, All the EDES from ED collection (if I had to narrow it to only one color, I'd pick Havana)

- Your three favorite MAC cheek products (includes powder and creme blushes) All the Tres Cheek blushes, both Vera Neuman face powders Flower Fantasy and Sunday Afternoon, and Forever Marilyn BP

- Your three favorite MAC face products (includes foundations, powders, and primers) BB cream, Matchmaster, Sun Dipped bronzer from Hello Sailor

- Your three favorite MAC mineralize products (includes MSF and MES) Earthshine MSF, Aurora MES, Invisible Light MES

- Your three favorite MAC tools (brushes, applicators, accessories) The bags from Hey Sailor, the Nikki Farrok graphic design bag, the cute flower bag (I guess you can say I'm a bag lady)

- Your three most used MAC products in 2012 (doesn't need to be released in 2012) BB Cream, P&P Transparent finishing powder, Zoom Lash mascara

- Your three most unusual MAC products released in 2012 (any category) Electric Cool eyeshadows, EDES and EDSF

Let me know if you want me to add more categories. Best Skin care products???

PS: I didn't want to include the "most hated products." If I really hate a product, I'd certainly wouldn't have bought it. And if I dislike a product, it might be the HG for another person. Let's keep this thread in a positive spirit.
I love this thread--my answers in bold above...

kimbunney

NC45

• New Candy Yum Yum (it's more wearable than the first!)
  • Deeply Adored (it's so sexy on me, at least I think lol)
  • Fresh Air l/g

• All the Naturally MES (I love love love love love these)
  • Call Me Bubbles Quad
  • Showgirl e/s

• Eternal Sun Prolonwear Blush

• MAC 226 Brush (wish I had like two back ups)
  • MAC Prolongwear concealer (I have gone through 3 this year alone)
  • MAC Rebel l/s (I can throw this on anyday and it just makes sense; its almost gone thank god its perm.)

mrsdee

NC 40 summer NC35-37 winter

**It was so hard to only list 3 lipsticks. lol
girlhaha.gif

• Viva Glam Nicki l/s
  • Love Goddess l/s
  • Watch Me Simmer l/s

• Love Cycle MES
  • Reflects Blue Reflects Glitter

• Lovecloud
  • The Perfect Cheek
  • Modern Mandarin

• Forever Marilyn BP
  • Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in Accentuate
  • Sun Dipped Bronzing Powder

• Whisper of Gilt

*Didn’t purchase any LE brushes this year

• Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel
  • WW Golden Lariat MSF
  • Kid e/s

• Heroine l/s
  • Modern Mandarin Blush

But this list may change slightly since we have a few December collections coming up
clap.gif

aradhana

winter/fall/spring: nc43ish
summer: nc44/45

• moxie
  • colour saturation (even though i didn't purchase it...)
  • heroine

• the style black mes in the mineralize refresh
  • stolen moment
  • round midnight (love these last two together)

• optimistic orange
  • immortal flower
  • coygirl (it may be discontinued, but i just bought it this year!)

• the prep-prime smoothing compact
  • whisper of gilt - glad i got it the second time around
  • matchmaster - good match in the winter months.

• smoked ruby
  • gilt by association
  • cloudy afternoon

• the short handle brush from hey sailor
  • the 286
  • the duo fibre brush for the edsf...

• mineralize face and body lotion
  • smolder
  • athma quad

• the prep and prime smoothing compact
  • the star stencil
  • the powder to the people compact

- Your three favorite MAC skin care products (preferably released in 2012)
i haven't used much mac skincare that i haven't mentioned above.

Yazmin

Deeply Adored, Yung Rapunxel and Eden Rouge

Grand Galaxy and Stolen Moment EDES, Wholesome fluidline
For reference, I'm NC50.

Hidden Treasure, Magenta, Florida

Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye, MSF Natural in Dark

Superb, Whisper of Gilt, Earthly MES

239, 217, 219

Narcisuss Cremesheen Glass (hands down my ultimate favorite ever!), Comfort & Joy, Dark Diversion fluidline (makes a great base!)

Richly Honed Sculpting Cream, Electric Cool eye shadows, Grey Friday lipstick

Volcanic Ash Exfoliator

CarmenK

I am NC45 pretty much all year around, in the summer I can barely pull it off as I become stuck between nc45 and nc50.

Fresh Brew lipstick, Rebel lipstick, Magenta lip liner

Bamboo Eyeshadow, Uninterrupted pro long wear shadow, and typoghraphic eyeshadow

Wordly Wealth: looks beautiful on my skin, Cantaloupe blush, Definitive sculpting powder

Studio Fix Foundation: My first mac foundation and the only one I found that really works for me, Covers imperfections very well
Studio Careblend Powder: the most amazing powder out there! Gives such a beautiful natural finish
Prolongwear concealer: Omg the best concealer ever! Stays put and surprisingly covers very well for a liquid concealer

Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb
Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt
Mineralize Skinfinish powder in Dark

The New Mac palette: In love with the design and sleek look, makes my vanity look really nice!
#138 Brush: Awesome to use for bronzer!

Stud Brow Pencil
Fresh Brew Lipstick
Bamboo Eyeshadow

Candy Yum-Yum: Have never worn a brighter pink until this came around and I love it!
#163 Brush: Never seen or used a brush like this in my life! This is awesome for contouring
Richly Honed Cream contour: I've always strayed away from cream products before until this! Gives the most natural contour to the face love it!

Havent tried any that released this year but I love the Oil Control Lotion and the Fast Response Eye Cream!

EOTD-Fanny

Summer: NC20
Winter: NC25

Your three favorite MAC lip products (includes l/s, l/g and l/l)
(It was very hard to narrow down to only three items,
I bought a lot of great lipsticks this year)

- Scarlet Ibis l/s
- Cut A Caper l/s
- Reel Sexy l/s

- Your three favorite MAC eye products (includes regular e/s, MES, EDES, e/l):

- Feeling Fresh e/s
- Shop & Drop quad
- Dynamic Duo 3

- See Sheer l/s
- Woodwinked e/s
- All That Glitters e/s

- Reel Sexy l/s (It´s brighter than I´m used to)

dorni

Complexion:

• Summer: F&B N1
  • Winter: F&B N1 and White mixed 2:1

• Ruffian Red l/s
  • Viva Glam I l/s
  • Yung Rapunxel l/s

• Catch my Eye f/l, as an eyeshadow
  • Style Black MES (refresh)
  • Steel Blue Pigment, all time favourite

• The Perfect Cheek Powder Blush
  • Coffee Walnut Sulpting Cream

• F&B Foundation in N1
  • Studio Finish Concealer in NW 20
  • Moisture Infusion Primer

• Style Black MES

• 217 brush
  • 163 brush
  • new silicone tip eye applicator, for the pressed pigments

• F&B Foundation in N1
  • Opulash in Bad, Bad, Black
  • MAC eyeshadow in Brulé

• Beth Ditto: Powder for the People (didn't buy it)
  • Grey Friday Lipstick
  • Pressed Pigments, beautiful but messy

• Charged Water Moisture Eye Cream
  • Cleanse Off Oil Tranquil

shontay07108

NC45 Your three favorite MAC lip products (includes l/s, l/g and l/l) Love Goddess lipstick, Flurry of Fun lipglass, Cherry lipliner (I'm leaving out so many other favorites. Ugh!) - Your three favorite MAC eye products (includes regular e/s, MES, EDES, e/l) Satin Taupe, Jealousy Wakes, Saffron eyeshadows - Your three favorite MAC cheek products (includes powder and creme blushes) Modern Mandarin, Small Vanity and Evening Stroll blushes - Your three favorite MAC face products (includes foundations, powders, and primers) n/a - Your three favorite MAC mineralize products (includes MSF and MES) n/a - Your three favorite MAC tools (brushes, applicators, accessories) 239, 217, 208 brushes - Your three most used MAC products in 2012 (doesn't need to be released in 2012) Satin Taupe eyeshadow, prep and prime lip, Groundwork paint pot - Your three most unusual MAC products released in 2012 (any category) n/a - Your three favorite MAC skin care products (preferably released in 2012) n/a

shellygrrl

Staff member
(Skintone: NARS Siberia. I don't really have a match in MAC per se.) Lips ~ Up the Amp, Viva Glam II, Flusterose lustreglass (which I love on top of Up the Amp) Eyes ~ Satin Taupe, Smolder eyeliner (for smudging and as a base of sorts), Indian Ink Face ~ Pink Cult blush, Studio Sculpt concealer Mineralize ~ Light Year MSF Tools ~ 239, 217, 116 Most used products in 2012 ~ Studio Sculpt concealer, Pink Cult blush, Viva Glam II Unusual releases of 2012 ~ n/a Skincare ~ n/a

Latest posts