Chanel Summer 2013

shontay07108

I don't know what I'll do with myself if I go to the mall tomorrow and see this collection. I won't even get my hopes up like that.

MissGlamour

AHHH the last time I was at Chanel they told me this collection wouldn't be at counters until May. I want it now! *cries* I want to swatch and possibly buy: - Azure nail polish - Lilis nail polish - Moon River eyeshadow - Black Stream eyeshadow - Jade Shore eyeshadow - Pygmalion RCS - Idylle RCS

Miss QQ

The swatches are beautiful! I can't wait to see them in person. I hope they blend easily and don't feel dry, but once set they stay put.

vaisforluvrs

She also has swatches of Pygmalion:http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/04/chanel-rouge-coco-shine-hydrating-sheer.html.

So pretty! I might have to pick this one up!

gracie90

I asked about this collection at a counter today, and the lady said the UK release date is 31st May. She was so excited about everything, especially the new Stylo eyeshadows :)

Icecaramellatte

Okay. Back from Bloomies. They had the collection. They were really crowded because they were having a makeover event. In fact there was some Beauty thing going on in the whole cosmetic department so it was really crowded and busy everywhere I went. I was a bit surprised that no one called me to invite to the event though. Anyway, I was too busy and tired to stay for a makeover when one was offered.

I got:
Azure polish
Bel-Argus polish
Limelight mascara
Moon River stylo eyeshadow
Jade Shore
Pink Lagoon
True Blue stylo liner
Prune Le Volume Mascara

I may find I have dupes of the polish in my tremendous polish stash but I had to have them. I'm surprised I didn't get the gold shadow since I always get the gold, bronzes and coppers but I was trying to be sensible (I will probably end up going back for it anyway). I really loved the blue one too but I tend to ignore my blue shadows. The mascara was hard to pick without trying on but I went for the green anyway. I may get another but I'm not sure.

Also got Le Volume minis, Mademoiselle Rouge Coco mini and Amour glossimer mini. Bloomies actually sent a mailer for a free amour sample and for once I actually had it on me. Score! Too tired for swatches or to try anything right now but I thought I should check in and let people know this is hitting stores.

Winthrop44

The collection is on chanel.com now too, along with that blue/teal/green (?) baked es quad, but it looks like the stylo shadows are backordered?

Didn't we see swatches of this quad posted somewhere? I can't find that post now....

vaisforluvrs

The collection is on chanel.com now too, along with that blue/teal/green (?) baked es quad, but it looks like the stylo shadows are backordered?

Didn't we see swatches of this quad posted somewhere? I can't find that post now....
Didn't realize there would be a quad. It's so beautiful! I wonder if this is chanel.com exclusive. I'd like to wait if it's going to be in dept. stores.

Winthrop44

vaisforluvrs

It says here that it's online exclusive:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-88484

but Chanel.com "exclusives" are also often in Chanel boutiques, and sometimes at select counters. You might call around and ask, if there's anything like that near you.

I guess we haven't seen pics of that quad before. I think I was thinking of the post about the Fascination quad awhile back:

http://mirifiquebeauty.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/chanel-jeux-de-regards-preview-are-you-game/
Thanks! I'd like to see some swatches before I buy it, but hope it doesn't sell out!

Icecaramellatte

I didn't see this quad at the counter yesterday but then again a lot of stuff was missing and I had to ask a MA to get out what was missing. I think I may need to see swatches as well, especially since it's baked.

shontay07108

I saw this collection in Saks. I got Moon RIver and Pink Lagoon. These shadow sticks are awesome. They feel cool and wet when applied. I might go back for one or two more. I punked out on the mascara, but I might end up with the light green one. The yellow seemed a little weak, unfortunately. I'm not going to take a chance on that. Here's a pic of the display and some swatches. Not the best b/c I didn't want to make it obvious I was taking pictures, just in case. A really beautiful collection.
What's this talk of a quad? I didn't see that anywhere.

shontay07108

I think I'm going to get the Jade one. That's why it's swatched so many times on my hand. :lol: I was thinking it over. So there's that and the pink there several times, the black right in the middle close to Moon River. Then the gold shade right next to the black, of course and underneath those is the liner. It reminded me of another Chanel liner, Jade, which I have so I passed. Under that blue liner is the blue shadow stick. Right under that is one of the rouge coco shines. Can't recall the name. That bit of yellow is the yellow Inimitable mascara and the faded green color on my thumb is the light green mascara.

gracie90

Quote:
I think I'm going to get the Jade one. That's why it's swatched so many times on my hand.
lol.gif
I was thinking it over. So there's that and the pink there several times, the black right in the middle close to Moon River. Then the gold shade right next to the black, of course and underneath those is the liner. It reminded me of another Chanel liner, Jade, which I have so I passed. Under that blue liner is the blue shadow stick. Right under that is one of the rouge coco shines. Can't recall the name. That bit of yellow is the yellow Inimitable mascara and the faded green color on my thumb is the light green mascara.
The pink, platinum and jade were the ones I was the most excited about, so this is great to hear!

Bonitinha

^^Thanks for your swatches! What did you think of the Coco Shines Shontay? I also have 2 glossimers -- Eden and Envolee in my cart. I was wondering about one of the RCS -- Pygmalion. It looks like a reddish pink online -- but I haven't seen many swatches. I find myself drawn to that LE quad -- I wish it wasn't baked.

Latest posts