Chanel Summer 2013

Shypo

Yeah, I'm in the 'winter can take a hike' camp.......I've lived in different states, but consider myself a Southerner, and while I like the change of seasons, I just don't like how long winter is here in the Northeast........plus the power outages are a pain, but it doesn't have to be winter to suffer through those!

I'm just not digging the bright colors from Chanel......

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yeah, I'm in the 'winter can take a hike' camp.......I've lived in different states, but consider myself a Southerner, and while I like the change of seasons, I just don't like how long winter is here in the Northeast........plus the power outages are a pain, but it doesn't have to be winter to suffer through those!

I'm just not digging the bright colors from Chanel......
Knowing Chanel, I think that the formulas will allow you to apply them sheerer for a softer effect, or more vibrantly for something bolder. Although it looks bright, I think Chanel knows that a lot of their loyal customers like something a little more subtle, whereas new customers may be attracted to a palette that's a bit wilder than what they normally see from a prestige brand.

Bonitinha

I work with a lady from Argentina who was complaining that it doesn't feel like Christmas up here at all. To her, Christmas was always about lots of sunshine and barbeques and walks on the beach with family. I've lived in Canada my whole life and hearing that was completely bizarre to me, but kind of wonderful, too. I can't really explain why. Personally, I'm all about the boots, but not ones that are meant for tramping around in the snow and ice!
Yes, the cute fashion boots are nice -- just not the heavy duty, mega soled snow boots lol I have learned the hard way to not wear my cutesy high heeled boots when the snow has turned to a sheet of ice (I've landed on my backside more times than I care to admit!)

Shypo

^^ Yes, I too know THAT feeling!! Even with all the padding I have, it hurts like a bugger!!
girlhaha.gif
One year I was coming from the car and slipped - my keys went flying into the 2 feet of snow on the ground - I didn't find them until spring. Landed on my hip, which left an enormous bruise. Yeah, me and ice and spiky boots......not a great combo.
nope.gif

Katred, I'm sure you're right about the brights in the collection - they do need to branch out from 'classic' once in awhile.....seeing is always believing!

Haven

I used to wear blue & green mascara when I was a teenager. Don't really know if I could pull it off now.

Shypo

Yeah, the mascaras will be a total skip for me.......I think that's the part I'm having trouble reconciling......Chanel and bright blue and green mascara......

Pinkdollface

I'm the most suprized about the yellow mascara, I can understand blue and green. How would you be able to wear yellow mascara?

CartoonChic

I'm excited about the nail polish and will be getting all three. I'm not sure if I'm getting anything else from this collection. I stumbled upon some info while looking up the polishes. I think I may have found out some polish colors for upcoming collections. I wasn't sure where to post it. I decided to do it here since I discovered the information in relation to this collection.

Summer 2013 Polish - We know these colors from the color story, but I learned the numbers.

• 647 Lilis
  • 657 Azuré
  • 667 Bel-argus

Possible Upcoming Polish Colors

• 575 Starlet
  • 579 Paparazzi - not sure if this is the same as 208 Paparazzi
  • 581 Cinéma
  • 583 Taboo
  • 589 Élixir
  • 591 Alchimie
  • 599 Provocation - I think this is the Provocation released with FNO Twin-Sets
  • 601 Mysterious

Bonitinha

^^ Yes, I too know THAT feeling!! Even with all the padding I have, it hurts like a bugger!!
girlhaha.gif
One year I was coming from the car and slipped - my keys went flying into the 2 feet of snow on the ground - I didn't find them until spring. Landed on my hip, which left an enormous bruise. Yeah, me and ice and spiky boots......not a great combo.
nope.gif

Katred, I'm sure you're right about the brights in the collection - they do need to branch out from 'classic' once in awhile.....seeing is always believing!
I have had the bruises, too. How can it be so hilarious, yet so humiliating at the same time?? Even in summer, I slipped on water in my high heeled wedges and fell in Target.

Not sure if these colors will look good on me -- but they look pretty on the chart. I know I will not be wearing yellow and green mascara
amuse.gif

CartoonChic

I'm excited about the nail polish and will be getting all three. I'm not sure if I'm getting anything else from this collection. I stumbled upon some info while looking up the polishes. I think I may have found out some polish colors for upcoming collections. I wasn't sure where to post it. I decided to do it here since I discovered the information in relation to this collection.

Summer 2013 Polish - We know these colors from the color story, but I learned the numbers.

• 647 Lilis
  • 657 Azuré
  • 667 Bel-argus

Possible Upcoming Polish Colors

• 575 Starlet
  • 579 Paparazzi - not sure if this is the same as 208 Paparazzi
  • 581 Cinéma
  • 583 Taboo
  • 589 Élixir
  • 591 Alchimie
  • 599 Provocation - I think this is the Provocation released with FNO Twin-Sets
  • 601 Mysterious
Taboo has been confirmed in an upcoming collection called Revelation. That should mean the other polishes are also going to be released.

http://www.specktra.net/t/181990/chanel-revelation-collection#post_2313627

Shypo

I have had the bruises, too. How can it be so hilarious, yet so humiliating at the same time?? Even in summer, I slipped on water in my high heeled wedges and fell in Target.
My husband calls me 'Bubble Girl' because I need to live in one
lol.gif
. 'Grace' is another one I hear often......I managed to roll my ankle in the kitchen on Christmas Eve day - my bad ankle - just par for the course!! I do tend to bounce back pretty quickly though - good habit for my advanced age
girlhaha.gif

Shypo

I didn't see this 'listing' anywhere, so thought I would post it (SOURCE: http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/12/chanel-summer-2013-makeup-collection-preliminary-info-prices.html ) to go along with the pictures previously posted....

[h=3]Chanel Summer 2013 Makeup Collection[/h] Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid – $48.00

• Sunkissed – golden
Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base – $48.00
Available in one shade.
Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner – $30.00

• True Blue – turquoise blue
Stylo Eyeshadow Fresh Effect Eyeshadow – $34.00

• Moon River – platinum
  • Cool Gold – luminous gold
  • Pink Lagoon – fresh pink
  • Jade Shore – tender green
  • Blue Bay – silvery turquoise blue
  • Black Stream – silvery black
Inimitable Waterproof Mascara Multidimensionnel – $30.00

• Zest – bright yellow
  • Lime Light – tender green
  • Aqua Blue – bluish green
  • Blue Note – electric blue
  • Noir – black
Rouge Coco Shine – $34.00

• Idylle – soft peach
  • Pygmalion – raspberry
Levres Scintillantes Glossimer – $29.50

• Zephyr – beige with shimmer
  • Envolee – coral
  • Eden – translucent raspberry
Le Vernis Nail Colour – $27.00

• Lilis – intense coral
  • Azure – metallic blue green
  • Bel-Argus – metallic blue

Rads

I didn't see this 'listing' anywhere, so thought I would post it (SOURCE: http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/12/chanel-summer-2013-makeup-collection-preliminary-info-prices.html ) to go along with the pictures previously posted....

[h=3]Chanel Summer 2013 Makeup Collection[/h] Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid – $48.00

• Sunkissed – golden
Available in one shade.

• Moon River – platinum

• Zest – bright yellow
  • Noir – black

• Idylle – soft peach
  • Pygmalion – raspberry

• Envolee – coral

• Lilis – intense coral
So many bright metallic colors..!

Shypo

Yes - the Azure and Bel-Argus np are calling to me.....not usually colors I would gravitate to, but they sound gorgeous.

I'm really interested to see the shadow sticks - this seems to be the season of that type of product (Clinique, BB, etc).

I still cannot see yellow mascara.
huh2.gif

Monsy

looking forward to coco shines but i am disappointed that there are no LE powder bronzers like previous summers

Miss QQ

I'm looking forward to the shadow sticks too! I read about the Clinique ones, I haven't seen them yet. Maybe I would finally buy the Bronzing Makeup cream, which I wanted to buy several times but was out of stock, and when stocks came I didn't picked it up. I look forward to the RCS too, they look beautiful!

katred

Specktra Bestie

• Sunkissed – golden
Available in one shade.

• Moon River – platinum

• Zest – bright yellow
  • Noir – black

• Idylle – soft peach
  • Pygmalion – raspberry

• Envolee – coral

• Lilis – intense coral
Still curious to try one of the Shadow Pencils, assuming that they apply smoothly. Maybe the gold and the pink? I'm trying not to be predictable and go for the platinum shade, since I feel like I already have a lot of those in my shadow wardrobe. Azure and Bel-Argus are both on my list, assuming they're not too similar to one another. And that's probably it for me. I'm lucky in that I don't usually find a lot in the Summer collections that's a must-have for me. The coloured mascaras are an interesting idea, but I've never liked the effect personally. I'll still with boring black and brown.

iATEaSEAmonster

-sigh- I want so much more from this collection than the current Chanel 2013 Spring Collection!
The Yellow and Green mascaras, Idylle lipstick, and the Illuminating Fluids are all especially intriguing. I can't resist illuminators, colored mascaras, or peach lipstick. xD

Latest posts