MAC Year of the Snake Collection Discussion (February 2013)

VampyCouture

jawdrop.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I don't want to get too excited until we know this isn't an Asia exclusive.
001_unsure.gif
I'm glad to see their bringing Shell Pearl back, I always regretted not getting it.

VampyCouture

I can't wait. Very pretty pictures. The eyeshadows, lipsticks and powders sound interesting. Especially this eyeshadow:

Aztec Brick Frost Bronze (shiny mercerized)

Can't wait to see what that looks like!
(Impatiently) Waiting for swatches :)

Teggy

Dang...I have a thing for snake imagery. I might end up with the BP, but we'll see.

Liz2012

001_unsure.gif
I'm glad to see their bringing Shell Pearl back, I always regretted not getting it.
Hmm good point
wtff.gif
I would be soooo disappointed if MAC doesn't release this worldwide .. Let's hope for the best *fingers crossed*.

OctoberViolet

Awww shucks. I hope it's not just an Asia exclusive collection.
thmbdn.gif
I want it so bad! Love snakes. Love this theme. Love the colors. Need it in my life.

001_unsure.gif

MACina

I think that all the products are repromotes or perm:

MAC fashion focus eye shadow
Once Upon a Time ... metal vanilla color (shiny mercerized) -> repromote from Dashing Lassies Palette
Aztec Brick Frost Bronze (shiny mercerized) -> repromote from SCF Quad Colour 4
Altered State Deep Frost Blue Purple (shiny mercerized) -> repromote from Beauties Play It Cool Palette
Carbon rich black (matte) -> perm
3g rmb200

MAC magical stars fine powder
Brash, & Bold bright red -> repromote from Make Up Art Cosmetics Collection
Push the Edge dark purple with pearl -> repromote from Make Up Art Cosmetics Collection
7.5g RMB210

MAC fashion the lipstick
Freckletone peach the red (Shuiyang moist) -> perm
Plumful bloom of rosy (Addict moist) -> perm
Cockney shiny red and yellow with a three-dimensional the pearlescent (Aqua moist) -> perm
3g CNY170

MAC Beauty Face Powder
Shell Pearl pink ribbon golden pearl -> repromote from Give Me Liberty Of London Collection (and it was releases before on another LE)
10g RMB320

MAC lasting waterproof eyeliner
Engraved Rich black -> perm
Suggested Retail Price .00 US/.00 CDN
1.2g rmb200

The MAC the lightweight fly warped mascara
Zoomblack thick black -> perm
RMB200

cmwriley

Aztec brick is a repromote. It came out with the spring forecast in a quad. Shell pearl is so beautiful. I have it in the liberty of London packaging so hopefully ill be able to get some more. It will probably be the only thing I get since the lipsticks are perm.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hmm good point
wtff.gif
I would be soooo disappointed if MAC doesn't release this worldwide .. Let's hope for the best *fingers crossed*.
Me too. The thing that worries me is that we haven't heard or seen anything about this collection (besides the Archies's Girls pic where this display was on the left). And I'm sure it comes out pretty soon, I assume January. So maybe this is just for China/Asia to celebrate the year of the snake. Just like Black&Grey Friday was US only. But I'm just guessing.

ladyarwen

Even if this is Asia exclusive, at least the lipsticks are perm, so you can get those at any time. I do want to get my hands on some of those shadows and Shell pearl though...

Corally

The promo pics look AMAZING! So bummed that they are all either permanent of repromotes I'm not waiting for. :( I already own Shell Pearl, and Cockney and Freckletone are on my list but it can wait.

valkolak

Hey that's my sign. 我屬蛇. How fun! The promo image is tdf. I have to say it seems strange that they would do a year of the snake collection instead of year of the dragon.

Mac-Guy

Hey that's my sign. 我屬蛇. How fun! The promo image is tdf. I have to say it seems strange that they would do a year of the snake collection instead of year of the dragon.
Wasn't 2012 year of the dragon? And 2013 is snake, right?

Latest posts