MAC Lovely Collection Discussion (2012 Asia Exclusive)

Mac-Guy

... time for a new thread!
pompom.gif

More infos here: http://www.specktra.net/t/180927/mac-early-buzz-news-on-products-for-2013/1020#post_2308510

This is an Asia exclusive collection.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Posted this in the other thread, but figured I'd put it here as well, since I have some experience with a lot of the colours...

Thanks for all the info! This collection actually makes me feel like an old-timer, because I already have so much of it. A large portion is actually taken from the SPring Colour Forecast 2010 collection. I'm surprised to see so much of it in one place, but some of those shades are fantastic all around ones and I think it's a good opportunity for those who missed them the first time (or have run out!) to grab some solid Mac shades.

EYESHADOW QUADS:
SHOWSTOPPER - Oh My Darling, Jest, Mineralism, Showstopper
Showstopper is the only shade I have from this quad, but I would almost refuse to buy it on general principle because it's been promoted so many times.

DEVILISHLY DARK - Manila Paper, Goldmine, Honey Lust, Devilishly Dark
I already have Manila Paper, which is one of my favourite highlighters ever, and Goldmine. Tempted to get this just to back up MP, but it's awfully similar to stuff I have...

MELT MY HEART - Forgery, Melt My Heart, Heather Belles, Silver Ring
I have three of the four shades and Forgery is one that never much appealed to me. Why do they keep re-promoted Heather Belles? This is the 3rd or 4th time for that one, too.

HOLD MY GAZE - White Rabbit, Dame’s Desire, Deep Secret, Hold My Gaze
Again, I have everything except Deep Secret, but I can say that the other shades will make this one worth the price. All three are solid.

IDOL EYES - Idol Eyes, Lustre Leaf, Russian Blue, Birds & Berries
I used to have Idol Eyes but got frustrated by its fallout. Too bad, because it's a fascinating colour. I have Russian Blue and Birds & Berries. RB swatches terribly but looks decent on. B&B is excellent.

PINK FREEZE - Pink Freeze, Bruised Plum, Deception, Magic Moor
I have Bruised Plum and Magic Moor. Not sure I need to back up either of them enough to sell me on the quad, but this would be the one I'd be most likely to buy.

BRUSHES: 224, 213
I keep hearing awesome things about the 224. Anyone care to share their experiences?

LIPSTICK: Fun Fun, Hue, Overjoyed, Cheers All Around, Fresh Salmon, Lovelorn, Laugh A Lot, Heartless
I have Fresh Salmon, Laugh A Lot and Heartless. Heartless is a great standard red. There are a lot of reds like it, but if you want a nice, bright shade that doesn't pull too warm or cool (slightly warm), it's a great choice. Fresh Salmon is a gorgeous salmon-pink with gold shimmer. I can't believe they haven't repromoted it before now. I was wearing it this week, actually! Laugh A Lot doesn't have a lot of punch, but it's a nice bit of rosy-plumminess on the lips. Very nice on cooler complexions, although it's sheer enough that it would probably work on warmer skin tones as well.
I know a lot of people have been looking forward to a return of Fun Fun, so I suspect this one will sell out.

LIPGLASS: Pretty Plush, Fullfilled, Bountiful, Big Baby, Ample Pink, Full For You
I'm not a huge fan of Plushglasses, as I find them too sheer, but there are some nicer examples of them in here. Full For You is a particularly pretty light, sparkly pink.

I feel like I've hauled already...

peachsuns

OMG, Fresh Salmon and Heartless are coming back!!!
yahoo.gif
I can't wait to backup these babies! I almost had happy tears.
Thank you MAC!
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

MACina

eyelove.gif
....stunning collection!!!

I will get several Quads and lipsticks even though most of the shades are repromotes and I do already have them.
Time to BU beloved goodies
yahoo.gif

rubytitania

So many quads!!!

I already have Showstopper (in Smoking Eyes) and Jest so will probably skip. It sounds like a really nice neutral quad though!

I have Manila Paper (WW Valiant quad), Goldmine, and possibly Honey Lust so this is another skip.

I only have Heather Belles (I agree - why do they keep repromoting this??) but I probably have dupes for the others and don't wear silver/grey a lot so this is not for me.

I only have Hold My Gaze so will probably pick this one up!

Hmm...I have B&B and Russian Blue, and I've heard bad things about Idol Eyes, so another skip!

I have Bruised Plum, Magic Moor, and *possibly* Pink Freeze, so this is a skip. Yay for my wallet!

LIPSTICK: Fun Fun, Hue, Overjoyed, Cheers All Around, Fresh Salmon, Lovelorn, Laugh A Lot, Heartless

I have Fresh Salmon (plus BU), Laugh A Lot (plus BU) and Heartless. Not really fussed about any of the others but I might change my mind.

I'm on a lipgloss no-buy so those are all a skip.

Looking like a cheap haul for me!

Mac-Guy

So many quads!!!

I already have Showstopper (in Smoking Eyes) and Jest so will probably skip. It sounds like a really nice neutral quad though!

I have Manila Paper (WW Valiant quad), Goldmine, and possibly Honey Lust so this is another skip.

I only have Heather Belles (I agree - why do they keep repromoting this??) but I probably have dupes for the others and don't wear silver/grey a lot so this is not for me.

I only have Hold My Gaze so will probably pick this one up!

Hmm...I have B&B and Russian Blue, and I've heard bad things about Idol Eyes, so another skip!

I have Bruised Plum, Magic Moor, and *possibly* Pink Freeze, so this is a skip. Yay for my wallet!

I have Fresh Salmon (plus BU), Laugh A Lot (plus BU) and Heartless. Not really fussed about any of the others but I might change my mind.

I'm on a lipgloss no-buy so those are all a skip.

Looking like a cheap haul for me!
HL is amazing on blue eyes! I bet it makes your eyes pop. I love it!

BuickMackane

Yay! More collections to look forward to! Heartless will be mine!
eyelove.gif

re: Fresh Salmon. I really love the colour, but the name really puts me off. I get this mental image of being smacked in the face with a wiggling, trashing salmon

Corally

Such a great collection! My list Quads: Showstopper Devilishly Dark (have to think about it) Lipsticks: Fresh Salmon Heartless Laugh A Lot (probably skipping, already have that one) Never bought a quad before because there's always at least one shade I don't like, but Showstopper might be my first quad! I do hope this time Showstopper is better than the one in my Dashing Lassies palette, that one has no pigmentation whatsoever. I'm very curious about the release date!
Yay! More collections to look forward to! Heartless will be mine! :eyelove: re: Fresh Salmon. I really love the colour, but the name really puts me off. I get this mental image of being smacked in the face with a wiggling, trashing salmon
Hilarious :lmao:

EOTD-Fanny

OMG Freakin´ God!!
jawdrop.gif
There´s so much I want from this collection!
And I´ve been crying over Fresh Salmon for years now...
*So happy!*

xasperadastra

I was looking for a warm red, but not as warm-orange as Scarlet Ibis (I already have that one).. do you think Heartless may be the right one?
I must look for eyeshadows swatches...

Rezel

I looked for the shade descriptions from previous color collections and from the mac site so that it'd be easier to understand. Prices from the website (regular packaging).

Eyeshadow x4 ($40.00 USD)

Showstopper
Oh My Darling - pale frosty cream (frost)
Jest - soft peach with icy shimmer (frost)
Mineralism - softly tarnished silver with frost (lustre)
Showstopper - deep blackened brown (matte)

Devilishly Dark
Manila Paper - pale frosted white gold (veluxe pearl)
Goldmine - intense gold with shimmer (frost)
Honey Lust - bronze-dipped peach (lustre)
Devilishly Dark - rich brown with gold pearl (frost)

Melt My Heart
Forgery - sterling silver (lustre)
Melt My Heart - metallic silver (veluxe pearl)
Heather Belles - dark charcoal (satin)
Silver Ring - grey with silver sheen (veluxe pearl)

Hold My Gaze
White Rabbit - frosted soft white (frost)
Dame's Desire - frosty mid-tone reddish purple (frost)
Deep Secret - deep frosted indigo (frost)
Hold My Gaze - mid-tone cool green grey (satin)

Idol Eyes
Idol Eyes - silvered violet with gold (lustre)
Lustreleaf - leafy green with yellow frost (lustre)
Russian Blue - deep neutral grey (matte)
Birds & Berries - frosted dark green blue (veluxe pearl)

Pink Freeze
Pink Freeze - bright pink with icy pearl (frost)
Bruised Plum - frosted mid-tone dirty mauve (veluxe Pearl)
Deception - frosty golden brown (frost)
Magic Moor - purple grape (veluxe pearl)

Lipstick ($15.00 USD)

Fun Fun - soft bubblegum pink (lustre)
Hue - soft pale pink (glaze)
Overjoyed - sheer yellow pink with pearl (lustre)
Cheers All Around - bright candy pink (frost)
Fresh Salmon - sheer bright pink-orange (lustre)
Lovelorn - emotive blue pink (lustre)
Laugh-a-Lot - mauve pink (lustre)
Heartless - cherry red (amplified creme)

Plushglass ($19.50 USD)

Pretty Plush - extra-soft pink with white pearl
Fulfilled - full-blush creamy pink
Bountiful - richly pearlized mid-tone pink
Big Baby - peach with pink and white pearl
Ample Pink - full, soft rose
Full For You - ultra-cool pink with silver pearl

Brush

213 - fluff brush ($23.00 USD)
224 - tapered blending brush ($31.00 USD)

Latest posts